Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Teaser - Upcoming Highlights 2018/2019

Comments

• CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    edited 10.10.2018
    They have obviously overpriced the semi-automation repeat harvester in its current form so are going to have another attempt at selling it.at a reduced price
    I understand you're not a fan of the feature but many other players are and use it regularly. We thought those players in particular who do use and enjoy it might like a more convenient way to use it. It seems you're not one of these players and therefore not the target of this particular feature. Players still have to be online to use the repeat harvester, the subscription simply provides it at better value for those who do use it. There are no bots being added to the game, there is a still a limit to how many times the repeat harvester can be used per purchase and it is purely a feature for convenience and not advantage.

No, indeed they are NOT moving to a subscription model
    Correct.

Judging by the rate that HTML fixes are occurring, it sounds then that a Gold Lock feature is being planned for 2020!?
    Please tell me that is not  the case!!!
    The intent is most certainly to get it done a lot sooner than that! We have implemented a lot of stability fixes to the HTML version and there's a lot of bug fixes that have gone in place. Unfortunately a lot of the more noticeable things have been a little more difficult to solve and were prioritised lower than the stability issues since those could prevent people logging in for example. I don't have a solid date and I'll do my best to get you one when I can but as the Wabbity one said it will come soon after HTML5 goes 100% live.

But....they already implemented a 15 sec Goldlock, earlier this year , right? - (except doesn't work due to lag) 
    I think all you need to do is to set the timer, in the coding - change '15 to unlimited' and here we go.
     ...no need to invent a brand new one..
    We do have a a delay on offers that prevents misclicking them but the gold lock idea puts a lot of that in your hands. The idea is that we give you a dialogue, you set the minimum limit and then when spending above that limit you'll have to confirm it. It's been requested for a long while now and we're glad we can fulfil the wish!

Gavin said that tripling the amount of shellfish would be easy to change with coding.
    I can assure you, no change is trivial. Small changes can have big effects! But as I mentioned to Gavin the issue of not having the kinds of fish you need is one we want to directly address. Our new system should eliminate that issue and it was a key point in the feedback we have gotten from you guys for a long time now. We fully intend to sort that issue out and thank you all for raising it!

...surely a gold purchase confirm can't be that difficult. And since they don't want to waste time coding one for flash, seems to me they could go ahead and do the HTML one.  Plus, if they developed one for the Mobile Game .... makes you want to go "hmmm."
    It's not a matter of difficulty for the most part (though for something like this there are a lot of potential scenarios we have to consider when building the system to make sure the feature works as it should in all cases) but rather it's inherent to the HTML switch. The HTML version can't be 'ahead' of the Flash version and vice versa at this stage. It means if we add the system to HTML and not to Flash we have two systems running very differently but contacting the same server. That could lead to all sorts of problems for players and us and so it's far better to wait until we're on a single system (HTML) before adding it. It's also the case that our Mobile sister is built in a very different way and completely separately from the Big Farm team and they were able to include the feature form the word go. We're just happy we can announce that the gold lock is coming in a more concrete way than we have been able to before now.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    @CM_Hunter Well, at least it might sorta maybe perhaps could be coming sometime in our lifetime. So some progress is being made. :)
    @CM_Hunter Well, at least it might sorta maybe perhaps could be coming sometime in our lifetime. So some progress is being made. :)
    I like to think it's an improvement from the previous 'might sorta maybe perhaps could be possibly conceivably in the realm of of a thing' ;) I'm sorry I don't have a date for you, will get that soon as it's available but it IS coming, and you can nail that to a wall, hang your hang off it and pass it on to the grandchildren! Well, not the nail, that's just plain dangerous  :p 
  • Deco farm? If it doesn't help with the happiness thing - no thanks.
  • If Karma points are being removed, please remove them from ship supply boxes and replace with charms.

Also, very skeptical of the Deep Sea Fishing changes. It was introduced way out of balance and fixed on the conservative side. (Not sure how $25,000,000 per day is possible.) I am fearful of another unbalance (unless the $25M is a goal), the lack of shellfish and demand on almost all contracts is what is keeping it balanced currently. I was thinking it would be improved if each location could spawn any type of pool at the expense of the chance of getting lobster. Also, what is being mentioned will also mess with the fish HWE.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 11.10.2018
    CM_Hunter said:
    Gavin said that tripling the amount of shellfish would be easy to change with coding.
    I can assure you, no change is trivial. Small changes can have big effects! But as I mentioned to Gavin the issue of not having the kinds of fish you need is one we want to directly address. Our new system should eliminate that issue and it was a key point in the feedback we have gotten from you guys for a long time now. We fully intend to sort that issue out and thank you all for raising it!

If the approximate date you gave for the fix is real (and wont be postponed again and again) it will have taken GGS 2 years to fix the problem of the pools having very little crustaceans while the market orders ask primarily for crustaceans in ridiculous amounts.

It took only days to change the market and the prices of DSF fish when GGS thought it was hurting the company.  Now instead the problem affects the players so it can wait forever 

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 11.10.2018
    I wish to make comments about the DSF.  The shell fish (oysters, shrimp, clams) have the lowest direct sell price as well as the least stocked in all the DSF fish pools and yet I get contracts that call for thousands of these.  5 out of 6 contracts call for unrealistic amounts of them.  My 5 contracts call for a total of 4620 oysters,
    So turn them down.

Build up your 1-item contracts to bonus level 99 and turn down everything else.

These are 4 of my my current contracts:

No shellfish.

Of course I throw away probably 25-30 contracts a day (although I couldn't do that while I was building them up to bonus level 99).  Working on my Level 2 contracts now, but it's harder to find those without shellfish. I like that 25% bonus, it turns contracts like that $29.5 Million contract into a $36.8 Million one.

Don't just look at a contract and say "Gee, it'll take forever to fill this". Throw it away, unless you're trying to build up the bonus level. In that case, if it'll take longer than 3-4 days to fill, throw it away anyway and the next one will probably be easier.

I throw away EVERY 3, 4, 5 & 6 item contract, because I know it'll take forever to fill them and I'd rather get a 25% bonus on my fish than a 0% bonus on those 3+ item contracts.
  • Thank you for the breakdown on the fish contracts. Very useful information and much appreciated.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3952111/#Comment_3952111

"" Additional info added to "The Future of Tricks"

We have managed to confirm some information for you that we will add the treats to an all new trader in December and you will again be able to get them from a store using your karma points as well as getting them from events in which they are already included. What better time for giving gifts than the feast of old St. Nic?! ""

CM_Hunter said:
    So, does this mean that eventually sparkles will be available only with gold, and that karma points will eventually disappear?
    The karma point system will disappear along with pranks, though treats/sparkles will stay in the game. The sparkles will then be available for gold but I don't have any news about the prices or any further potential development there at the moment.

Which information is most current regarding the statements I've highlighted in bold???
  • RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    In December we will be able to trade karma points before they are removed from the game, making way for a new system of treats to be introduced. Treats will still be available as event rewards and for purchase with gold.
  • @Seeker1 (US1) It is my understanding that when the new trader arrives in December, we will be able to use our karma (or gold) to purchase gifts, but that will only last for that month. After that the current karma system will disappear & a new use will be found for karma points, gifts will then only be available for gold

I don`t know how set in stone that is, the feedback from players unhappy about it, is on Hunter's list, so you never know what might change, but the trader will not be here before December & pranks will no longer be available, that's about all we know for sure.
    PCA (GB1) said:
    It took only days to change the market and the prices of DSF fish when GGS thought it was hurting the company.  Now instead the problem affects the players so it can wait forever 

It may seem like only days but remember we had set the sale price of fish very high initially and for a few months people were able to use those high sale prices to really advance their accounts and gain a lot of dollars. We changed things because that was happening a bit too fast and had to be curtailed a bit, but every change takes time to build and implement.

If Karma points are being removed, please remove them from ship supply boxes and replace with charms.

Also, very skeptical of the Deep Sea Fishing changes. It was introduced way out of balance and fixed on the conservative side. (Not sure how $25,000,000 per day is possible.) I am fearful of another unbalance (unless the $25M is a goal), the lack of shellfish and demand on almost all contracts is what is keeping it balanced currently. I was thinking it would be improved if each location could spawn any type of pool at the expense of the chance of getting lobster. Also, what is being mentioned will also mess with the fish HWE.
    I agree there might be some changes to the dynamic of the FHWE but it could also make it bit more fun and interesting overall. Things may move a bit quicker and it could get a bit more exciting. But we're more than happy to hear feedback on that when the changes do come as of course DSF and the FHWE are quite closely linked. The goal with the new version is to strike a nice balance between giving you guys an entertaining feature which also is worth the effort put into it and the balance is an important aspect of that.

Which information is most current regarding the statements I've highlighted in bold???
    Both :) The Karma point system will disappear and Wabbit is spot on when she says the new trader in December will allow you to use up remaining Karma points on some treats. We know there are still some tricks and treats in various parts of the game that need to be removed or changed and we plan to do that over the coming months.

Loving the back and forth here guys, really informative for me!
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    CM_Hunter said:
    Both :) The Karma point system will disappear and Wabbit is spot on when she says the new trader in December will allow you to use up remaining Karma points on some treats. We know there are still some tricks and treats in various parts of the game that need to be removed or changed and we plan to do that over the coming months.

Loving the back and forth here guys, really informative for me!
    So this means that we will no longer recieve treats as a reward in events after all is done?

So this means that we will no longer recieve treats as a reward in events after all is done?
    Not at all! They will still be in events, we'll just remove all the tricks. The treats will still be purchasable and available in events as well :smile:

Speaking of holiday events, will the new deco park let us swap out our adorable decorations each holiday?

I wasn't stated if the decorations would be visable to just us or if everyone could see them either.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Speaking of holiday events, will the new deco park let us swap out our adorable decorations each holiday?

I wasn't stated if the decorations would be visable to just us or if everyone could see them either.
    I think they said everyone could see them.

I, too, am hoping we can swap them out.
  • Speaking of holiday events, will the new deco park let us swap out our adorable decorations each holiday?

@CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) Yes to both of your questions, though we do not know the exact mechanics yet. For example, would it be an area on each farm with access to the inventory for that farm or a totally new area, separate from all the farms, with its own page & access to the inventory from all the other farms ..... I am hoping for option 2  B)
    Thank you @WascallyWabbit and I like the 2nd option too!
    edited 13.10.2018
    CM_Hunter said:

......The Karma point system will disappear and Wabbit is spot on when she says the new trader in December will allow you to use up remaining Karma points on some treats. We know there are still some tricks and treats in various parts of the game that need to be removed or changed and we plan to do that over the coming months......

@CM_Hunter

Horrible, just horrible, another bad decision

You guys are masters of bad decisions

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 13.10.2018
    PCA (GB1) said:
    CM_Hunter said:

......The Karma point system will disappear and Wabbit is spot on when she says the new trader in December will allow you to use up remaining Karma points on some treats. We know there are still some tricks and treats in various parts of the game that need to be removed or changed and we plan to do that over the coming months......

@CM_Hunter

Horrible, just horrible, another bad decision

You guys are masters of bad decisions

I couldn't agree more with you.  I am in general a solo player.  I find it very nice to have other players sparkle my farm in the middle of nowhere, not expecting it, and enjoying seeing things lit up.  On the same token, I get to visit their farms and sparkle them.  Lighting each other's farms up helps to keep player moral up top, instead of down low.  One of the few things left in this game to enjoy, and now the requirement to purchase has all but taken it away.

GGS, this is pure right out greed on your part, you need to really take a step back and see what it is you are doing to this game called Big Farm.  I am shaking my head once again, the few sparkles a player will obtain by playing events is nowhere enough to sparkle up friends just because a player wants to.  It also gives another benefit to the gold buyers who will do all they can to sparkle up each others farms and knock out the ones that don't have the means to buy the gold.  Shaking my head again, and again at a lot of your decisions lately.  Suzy!
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
    SuzyQ22 (US1) said: 

.... I find it very nice to have other players sparkle my farm in the middle of nowhere, not expecting it, and enjoying seeing things lit up.  On the same token, I get to visit their farms and sparkle them.  Lighting each other's farms up helps to keep player moral up top, instead of down low.  One of the few things left in this game to enjoy, and now the requirement to purchase has all but taken it away.

GGS, this is pure right out greed on your part, you need to really take a step back and see what it is you are doing to this game called Big Farm.  I am shaking my head once again, the few sparkles a player will obtain by playing events is nowhere enough to sparkle up friends just because a player wants to.  It also gives another benefit to the gold buyers who will do all they can to sparkle up each others farms and knock out the ones that don't have the means to buy the gold.  Shaking my head again, and again at a lot of your decisions lately.  Suzy!

Ohh but we must not despair !!! GGS is thinking hard to find another use for the karmas.... let me see... what could this be ?  

Ahh got it... SPEED FEED !! 

Yeah, buy gold ==> use gold to buy treats ==> get karmas from the sparkles buildings ==> exchange karmas for incredibly valuable SPEED FEED 

• Hmmmm.  Had some time to mull this lot over as my initial reaction was one of confused horror, now sometime later my contemplated reaction is still one of confused horror.

For long-standing players who have built up a bit of a stash of treats, its going to take a while to use them all up so they should be ok - at least for the short term, sparkling each other. After that - its going to hurt.

For heavy gold buyers, they will still be able to purchase the treats, so no real harm done to them, either long or short term.

For lower level and new players - ouch - this is going to hurt big time.  Surely GGS must realise that new players, if treated with a bit of respect (like most decent companies treat their customer base) will then become loyal customers, then long standing loyal customers - who are more likely to spend on gold.  If you trample on the seedlings you will never get a beautiful flower. 

Question for mods/CM Hunter : will the treats be part of the monthly 'fee paying' subscription package?  (Just a feeling I have about finding ways to charge for rewards that were previously earned by hard work and dedication to the game - oh wait that counts for nothing in the GGS business model - my mistake!)
    PCA (GB1) said:
    GGS is thinking hard to find another use for the karmas
    To clarify, I have never said we are looking for new uses for the karma system. The official plan is to remove it and I have said that I will pass on the feedback that this has not proved a positive choice for many of you. I would also like to point that we will not remove treats completely or only make them available for gold. This was never stated, gold purchases are simply one option. I have mentioned in the past but will say again that treats will still be available in the game in reward lines for events.

Question for mods/CM Hunter : will the treats be part of the monthly 'fee paying' subscription package?  (Just a feeling I have about finding ways to charge for rewards that were previously earned by hard work and dedication to the game - oh wait that counts for nothing in the GGS business model - my mistake!)
    As of this moment, no. We will release a few more details on the kinds of things you will find in the subscription pack but treats and treat features are not included.
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    • Trick or Treat Rework
      (...) but we want you to continue treating your friends (...) Treats will eventually be available for gold (...)
    This is the one change that my fellow coopmates are unitedly very unhappy with. Please don't let treats/sparkles regress to a gold-only version. We all love giving treats away, it gives especially the collective coop challenges such a positive vibe. If it's gold-only many of us will stop using it. I implore ggs to reconsider, allow access to this feature in ways other than gold too.
    • Christmas 2018
      (...) we have decided not to run this event this year or again in future. (...)
    I personally am quite sad about this, I know there was always a sea of complaint but I loved that the final decorations were truly exceptional and treasure them (especially my ice palace).
    • New Events… (Oktoberfest)
      (...) We will adapt the event slightly so that it can be run more times throughout the year,(...)
    Sounds good! Looking forward to this.
    • Volcano Farm (rethinking concept)
      (...) things can’t be realised quite as we intended and (...) we have to rethink exactly how the farm will work and tie-in with other existing features (...) we can’t give a specific date (...)
     :'(  :'(:'(  GGS should just devote several persons to do nothing but this and the number calculations, we are all yearning for that volcano farm!! 
    • Cat Tree Rework
      • (...) we would like to make some changes by (...) increasing the amount of tricks it can purr-form 
    Fantastic! And please add the same feature as the dog has where we can change the colour of the cat! My Lucifer would like a black kitty companion :D  
    Michiru (GB1) said:
     My Lucifer would like a black kitty companion :D  
    Perhaps your very own Salem Saberhagen? ^^

• Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    CM_Hunter said:
    Perhaps your very own Salem Saberhagen? ^^
    YESSSSSS

CM_Hunter said:

..... I would also like to point that we will not remove treats completely or only make them available for gold. This was never stated, gold purchases are simply one option. I have mentioned in the past but will say again that treats will still be available in the game in reward lines for events.

I believe that's exactly what you said, that treats will eventually be available for gold.

"                Trick or Treat Rework
      • Treats will be returning in December along with the new combined trader. You will be able to use your Karma Points to purchase the Treats from our new trader. Tricks will not make a return in the trader (though are still currently available in places), but we want you to continue treating your friends and spreading the love! Treats will eventually be available for gold but you will have plenty of time to spend your remaining Karma points before then

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    PCA (GB1) said:
    CM_Hunter said:

..... I would also like to point that we will not remove treats completely or only make them available for gold. This was never stated, gold purchases are simply one option. I have mentioned in the past but will say again that treats will still be available in the game in reward lines for events.

I believe that's exactly what you said, that treats will eventually be available for gold.

"                Trick or Treat Rework
      • Treats will be returning in December along with the new combined trader. You will be able to use your Karma Points to purchase the Treats from our new trader. Tricks will not make a return in the trader (though are still currently available in places), but we want you to continue treating your friends and spreading the love! Treats will eventually be available for gold but you will have plenty of time to spend your remaining Karma points before then

That doesn't say ONLY available for gold, though.

He did specify that that they would still be available through events, and (I presume) through Yarnacle & the Jetty.  I get more of them through the Jetty than I probably do anywhere else, so as long as they're still available there, I'm not inclined to complain TOO much.  If they remove them from the Jetty though, I will be MOST unhappy.
Sign In to comment.