Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Teaser - Upcoming Highlights 2018/2019

Comments

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I really don't like the idea of a subscription service to allow things like unlimited use of the repeat harvester. Imagine the Hard worker silo events...a player doesn't even need to log on for hours (maybe days) and still could potentially be ranked up there in the top.  The non-gold players and smaller coops haven't got a chance. Heck I can't even sparkle a field anymore to help my team. Talk about unbalanced!
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448

Thanks for getting back to us, Hunter.

Please ask old Scrooge to reconsider the sparkles for gold issue.
    My absolute pleasure Artful :)

And I'll surely pass the sentiment on for you! We love that you guys sparkle your friends and it's a happier farm with lots of sparkles!

For questions on how the subscriptions will function I'll try and get those details for you tomorrow. My subscription expert has left for the day and I'd like to make sure I get that info correct for you. I should be able to give you a little breakdown tomorrow on how the subscriptions will work exactly, hold onto your seats until then!

• Sparks will stay in the prizes for events or also will be remove?

• BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    Furthermore......due to the massive lack of oysters, clams, and shrimp, I am never able to have enough to make oyster chum and clam chum.  I would really like to do this.

gavinfarms (US1) said:
    The other main problem is shellfish (oysters, clams, shrimp).  There are simply never enough of them.  All of my time in the market, is spent waiting on shellfish.....often for days.  .  Simply increase the number of fish at the Shrimp, Oyster, Clam pools.  Just triple the number of fish at those locations.  It would still be way less than most lobster and tuna pools.  this would largely relieve the largest bottleneck in the market currently.  Coding-wise, this is a simple task......Can we simply get this?

CM_Hunter said:
    This is exactly the issue we hope to solve. In the new system fish availability should be MUCH less of an issue. The new system should also come with a rebalance of the contracts so we can certainly take that on board when the time comes.

Point 1 - More Shell fish needed in pools -
    I totally agree - more in the pools is an easy fix simple and elegant. Increasing the amount lessons the bottle neck offers a chance to complete a few more contracts, Leaving some more boats ready to catch the Lobsters, Sword fish, and Tuna pools. -  Please consider this over  the idea of over populating the fishing region with multiple pools, or rearranging the contracts to require less goods for a bigger bite out of the pay off.

Point 2 - lack of ability to make the different types of chum.
    I agree it takes me a few weeks to get all the chum made needed to make Seaweed feed and other goodies in the lab - disappointing - Increasing the number of shellfish in the tidal pools not only provides contracts of success it also gives a chance to make some usable chum for fishing and or the lab.

Rebalancing the contracts, adding more pools, may not be as useful as it appears.What could happen is more and more lobsters, Tuna, and Sword Fish pools that cant be depleted fast enough for the new shell fish pols to regenerate. -   However Two or three pools of shell fish that remain all the time could offer a solution to the shortage of shell fish and solve SQ's worry of smaller farms with less boats. As these pools never run dry or will regenerate repeatedly.  Rearranging the contracts or trying to add a balance to them may result in the same catch 22 as the last time it was done - with the removal of direct sales and lessening the profit of the contracts.

Often times in life it is the simplest things that bring harmony and Pleasure.
    Keep it simple and add fun to the game

edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 10.10.2018
    CM_Hunter said:

its a gold purchase by another name imho
    Not precisely, the packs are higher value than they are sold for. The point of them is to give you a discount on things you would need regularly, so it's not like purchasing gold in that sense. Also remember it's totally optional, if you aren't interested in them you can feel free to skip them :)

another purchase seems the proper way to describe the "packages"... in the statement above package seems to be a new way to call a hot deal is it not ?

I understand @CM_Hunter  announced a subscription to a special package, a special hot deal, something we pay periodically and receive periodically, and not what I understood initially, that Big farm is going to change into a game to which players must subscribe to access it and play

I sure do hope that for the Christmas/Winter period all that snow will not make a show on the farms.  It literally blinded me last year to look at that snow for so many months.  So, please do something about that, I know others were not happy with it as well.  I submit to you GGS that you make it possible to turn it off if we do not want it on our farms.  Thanks for listening and hearing me.    I did outline the problems I had with the snow here in this thread.  I cannot be the only one with eye problems who play this game.  Suzy!

Edit:   @WascallyWabbit, @RowdyRac, @Piggles (US1) .  I would be so greatful if someone could make sure this gets to GGS ASAP.  Thank you, I appreciate it.  Suzy!

I agree completely !

Its against common sense to have a blinding white background, even if the idea of accompanying the holiday season with snow appearance can be appealing to many. 

It should be changed into a feature that can be turned on by players. Many like me wouldn't turn this feature on, I like the snow effect but its damaging to look at it for so long. I know last year some areas had no snow, like the ranch / flower farm, but this is not a good enough solution 

Please don't use the snow effect anymore unless something that players can remove if they don't want it

• tried 8x to go back to page 1 for the original post. Keeps crashing my computer. Cleared cache etc. Not helping. Either too many posts or too many graphics. Chrome Version 69.0.3497.100 
    edited 10.10.2018
    I really don't like the idea of a subscription service to allow things like unlimited use of the repeat harvester. Imagine the Hard worker silo events...a player doesn't even need to log on for hours (maybe days) and still could potentially be ranked up there in the top.  The non-gold players and smaller coops haven't got a chance. Heck I can't even sparkle a field anymore to help my team. Talk about unbalanced!

@MRG1 (US1)

I think that the subscription that allows unlimited use of the repeat harvester means that you get to use the repeat harvester for free because it's pre-paid via subscription.  You still have to be online and set it on the buildings you choose and it will trigger the regular 2 x or 3 x repeats of the selected harvests

• Judy (AU1)Judy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 34
    Deco farm, 

At the moment our deco's cant leave our farms so we cant put them on different farms so im guessing the deco farm will be the same. If you put yr fav's on they will have to stay there and you wont be able to put them anywhere else. That doesnt benefit me in at all. Especially as there was no mention of the happiness pts or the village happiness that you can get from some of the deco's. Is the deco farm been put in because you promised us that we would get the Volcano farm this year and now you have put it back another year. You seem to take the good stuff from us and then give us bad stuff in returned. Meaning you have taken the sparkles away then expect us to buy them with gold. The more i read the more i think it is time to leave and start looking at other games to play. Perhaps the only reason some of us come on is the people we have met along the way.
    Im not happy with any of the improvements that BF is going to make.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Deco farm, 

At the moment our deco's cant leave our farms so we cant put them on different farms so im guessing the deco farm will be the same. If you put yr fav's on they will have to stay there and you wont be able to put them anywhere else. That doesnt benefit me in at all. Especially as there was no mention of the happiness pts or the village happiness that you can get from some of the deco's. Is the deco farm been put in because you promised us that we would get the Volcano farm this year and now you have put it back another year. You seem to take the good stuff from us and then give us bad stuff in returned. Meaning you have taken the sparkles away then expect us to buy them with gold. The more i read the more i think it is time to leave and start looking at other games to play. Perhaps the only reason some of us come on is the people we have met along the way.
    People are placing bets that the deco farm will cost gold to use.  :D 
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 10.10.2018
    PCA (GB1) said:
    CM_Hunter said:

Not precisely, the packs are higher value than they are sold for. The point of them is to give you a discount on things you would need regularly, so it's not like purchasing gold in that sense. Also remember it's totally optional, if you aren't interested in them you can feel free to skip them :)

another purchase seems the proper way to describe the "packages"... in the statement above package seems to be a new way to call a hot deal is it not ?

I understand @CM_Hunter  announced a subscription to a special package, a special hot deal, something we pay periodically and receive periodically, and not what I understood initially, that Big farm is going to change into a game to which players must subscribe to access it and play

My understanding of the subscription is quite different to yours.This is not a simplistic type of package such as to  buy 100 better fertilisers.

I think they are selling the ability to have continuous production. This will be the most significant change in the history of Big Farm game because it adds another tier to the ability of the player to develop their farms more quickly.  It will cause further unbalance into an already very unfair game. As well as "pay to win" we will get "pay to play, but still get kicked.".

I do think continuous production is a very good idea: for all players to have it, regardless of how much gold they purchase.

edited 10.10.2018
    PCA (GB1) said:
    CM_Hunter said:

My understanding of the subscription is quite different to yours.This is not a simplistic type of package such as to  buy 100 better fertilisers.

I think they are selling the ability to have continuous production. This will be the most significant change in the history of Big Farm game because it adds another tier to the ability of the player to develop their farms more quickly.  It will cause further unbalance into an already very unfair game. As well as "pay to win" we will get "pay to play, but still get kicked.".

I do think continuous production is a very good idea: for all players to have it, regardless of how much gold they purchase.

We shall see  @Pameow I sure hope you are wrong, not to prove you wrong, but because if they introduce automation, like continuous production, they might as well start selling bots that harvest at light speed as a complementary package, those same bots that now are deemed illegal 

This would be another push in the wrong direction

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    CM_Hunter said:

The other main problem is shellfish (oysters, clams, shrimp).  There are simply never enough of them.  All of my time in the market, is spent waiting on shellfish.....often for days.
    This is exactly the issue we hope to solve. In the new system fish availability should be MUCH less of an issue. The new system should also come with a rebalance of the contracts so we can certainly take that on board when the time comes.

Yes, but we need more shellfish.  I realize that you want to tinker with the market structure and the orders, but simply tripling the fish at the shellfish locations, would probably eliminate almost all of my market problems and allow me to make chum.

If you simply restructure the market, and don't add more fish, the problem will partially persist.

My point was this......that other takes time.  You could triple the the number of fish at the current shellfish locations with very little effort and deliver that in a weekly update.  It would do a lot for a lot of people.
    edited 10.10.2018
    CM_Hunter said:

The other main problem is shellfish (oysters, clams, shrimp).  There are simply never enough of them.  All of my time in the market, is spent waiting on shellfish.....often for days.

Yes, but we need more shellfish.  I realize that you want to tinker with the market structure and the orders, but simply tripling the fish at the shellfish locations, would probably eliminate almost all of my market problems and allow me to make chum.

If you simply restructure the market, and don't add more fish, the problem will partially persist.

My point was this......that other takes time.  You could triple the the number of fish at the current shellfish locations with very little effort and deliver that in a weekly update.  It would do a lot for a lot of people.
    You keep [talking] about increased shellfish, but be careful what you wish for. More shellfish in pools mean more and more boats and time are needed to drain them. And those boats might be needed elsewhere for cod or whatever. If you learn to be patient, and observe, you'll see the pools do recycle.  Nor is your observation about changing the market contracts correct. Very easy to for GGS to increase contracts that don't all ask for shellfish.
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 10.10.2018
    PCA (GB1) said:

@MRG1 (US1)

I think that the subscription that allows unlimited use of the repeat harvester means that you get to use the repeat harvester for free because it's pre-paid via subscription.  You still have to be online and set it on the buildings you choose and it will trigger the regular 2 x or 3 x repeats of the selected harvests

And if this is truly the case then I say goodbye to big farm.  There is no way a player such as myself could ever compete with that kind of player.  I've said it before and will say it again, "It is not a win if you have bought the end game result".   How anyone gets any satisfaction out of winning, by buying their game, is way beyond my comprehension.
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
  • Deco farm, 

@Judy (AU1) The deco park was something suggested by players several times, the idea being an area outside the farm fence, where decos could be displayed rather than just storing them away in your inventory, maybe you have some that you really like, but are not high enough value to use on your farm. They would not affect farm happiness at all, because they would not be on the actual farm & as they would come from the farm inventory & not your drop box, they would already be built for that farm & so not transferable  to other farms - It was also suggested long before the Volcanic farm was created, so there is no connection there.

If I find out anything different I will let you know :)
  • Bummer about the subscription plan. And now that I read the comments - bummer about the deco farm idea as I thought it would help with the happiness thing...oh well... I will continue playing the game as I have been...not worrying about the happiness/unhappiness aspect of the game...I do not want my farms full of decos....
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Oh yes, also about the special space for showing off our favorite decos, will this help to give us space on our farms for adding fields, cowsheds, etc as we move those favorite decos into that special space?  Also will our "happiness" levels be affected if we move those decos off the farms and into that special space?  Will we need to buy that space and if so, will it be with game dollars?
    The idea with the decoration display area is just that, a place to display decorations. It won't affect farm happiness since only decorations directly on a farm can affect happiness there. It's more for all those decorations you love the look of but maybe their quality level isn't quite high enough to be worth putting on your farm anymore due to the levels you've gained since you got it. In the past the only option was to store it, sell it or destroy it but we'd love to give you an area where you can be a bit creative and also show off some of your achievements. So it could definitely help with giving you a little more if you have decorations on your farm that are mainly there for the look. I don't have much more information about it unfortunately because not every aspect is completed on that feature yet but I will be sure to bring you more info when I get it.

PCA (GB1) said:

A Hot Deal is a pretty good way of describing it. You can consider it like a regular offer you receive that will contain various useful things for you at a good value. It is certainly not the case that we will change the game to a subscription model, it will still be free to play and you will still have access to all the features you do now, just with a little bonus on top if you choose to buy a subscription.

I guess to clarify my question about the "subscription" thing, will this be like a magazine subscription where one will buy a 1 or 2 year subscription to a monthly magazine?  Will this be like the way we buy gold using a credit card or gift card?  If this is so, and I (hypothetically) buy a years subscription for a particular packet, but several months into the subscription, my needs for that particular packet changes, will I be able to substitute the remaining subscription for a different packet that better suits my farming needs?
    It's a recurring subscription package, so that means you will be able to set up a monthly payment for the package and the subscription will recur every month. You can cancel at any time you like form within the game, there is no minimum period and it's totally flexible in that way. If you don't want it one month and then decide you do the next, you can cancel it for this month, start it up again next month and really do it the way you like. You can do this for both packages, either together or separately as you wish. Currently there are only two packs planned, it's possible we will add more packs or expand or alter the ones we have in the future but we'll see how it goes with the first sets.

Bummer about the subscription plan. And now that I read the comments - bummer about the deco farm idea as I thought it would help with the happiness thing...oh well... I will continue playing the game as I have been...not worrying about the happiness/unhappiness aspect of the game...I do not want my farms full of decos....
    Then the deco farm might be perfect for you if you're not worried about happiness and the cost reduction you gain from happiness values ;) It will be a great place to clear some space in your inventory!
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment

• Hi Guys,
    Here is some additional info that has been added to the original post :)

EDIT: Gold Lock - Several of you have asked what happened to the Gold Lock, so here is what we have been told:

"Creating the gold lock in Flash and HTML5 actually creates a double task for us, so rather than build it now for both versions we will work on that feature when we fully switch off the Flash version. It wouldn't make much sense to have to build it twice and spend double efforts on it but we are already preparing the beginnings of the the feature to be ready shortly after HTML5 goes 100% live."
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 10.10.2018
    At this point in time I do not know what to think bout any of the updates, the Cat tree would be nice to be able to finally get once it is lowered, but by the time the Volcano farm ever gets here, I may already be gone from this game , cause all it has done for Me as of late is just make Me be frustrated with it, you say your taking away the Flash part of the game later on for good, but what if Players can not use the HTML? , so that means that they will have to quit their game that they have played for years then right? 2 times I have switched from HTML back to Flash because of problems still within the HTML, I have made sure the problems are not on My end, so unless that HTML gets fixed for ( Real) , I may have to quit the game as well, since I won't be able to go back to Flash if you take it away, and that won't make Me happy especially with all the time and work I put into My game thus far.so I do hope that the HTML gets fixed properly for those of Us who can use it, I will just feel bad for those who won't be able to use it :(
  • At this point in time I do not know what to think bout any of the updates, the Cat tree would be nice to be able to finally get once it is lowered, but by the time the Volcano farm ever gets here, I may already be gone from this game , cause all it has done for Me as of late is just make Me be frustrated with it, you say your taking away the Flash part of the game later on for good, but what if Players can not use the HTML? , so that means that they will have to quit their game that they have played for years then right? 2 times I have switched from HTML back to Flash because of problems still within the HTML, I have made sure the problems are not on My end, so unless that HTML gets fixed for ( Real) , I may have to quit the game as well, since I won't be able to go back to Flash if you take it away, and that won't make Me happy especially with all the time and work I put into My game thus far.so I do hope that the HTML gets fixed properly for those of Us who can use it, I will just feel bad for those who won't be able to use it :(
    @Blue Denim (US1) Flash will not exist after 2020, so BF has to stop using it at some point, but the intention is of course to get everyone on to HTML before that, whatever problems you or anyone else has using HTML, you need to make sure that it is posted on the HTML Feedback thread, so that it gets investigated. - Remember to include which browser you are using in your posts there.
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 10.10.2018
    They have obviously overpriced the semi-automation repeat harvester in its current form so are going to have another attempt at selling it.at a reduced price, oh yay! A Hot Deal- like package called a "subscription", selling useful items including bot-harvesting. 

But no, of course not.. No, indeed they are NOT moving to a subscription model because there will still be a few players left who stay, or join, using the free to play model,  producing  tiny amounts, relative to all the other players  acting as true cannon fodder,
    Post edited by CM_Hunter on
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 10.10.2018
    Hi Guys,

EDIT: Gold Lock - Several of you have asked what happened to the Gold Lock, so here is what we have been told:

"Creating the gold lock in Flash and HTML5 actually creates a double task for us, so rather than build it now for both versions we will work on that feature when we fully switch off the Flash version. It wouldn't make much sense to have to build it twice and spend double efforts on it but we are already preparing the beginnings of the the feature to be ready shortly after HTML5 goes 100% live."

Judging by the rate that HTML fixes are occurring, it sounds then that a Gold Lock feature is being planned for 2020!?
    Please tell me that is not  the case!!!
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    Hi Guys,

Judging by the rate that HTML fixes are occurring, it sounds then that a Gold Lock feature is being planned for 2020!?
    Please tell me that is not  the case!!!
    But....they already implemented a 15 sec Goldlock, earlier this year , right? - (except doesn't work due to lag) 
    I think all you need to do is to set the timer, in the coding - change '15 to unlimited' and here we go.
     ...no need to invent a brand new one..
  • Can I offer an easy fix for the fishing scenario?  I understand that the fish market is hard to fix.  There are two big problems that I constantly here about.  One is no lobster contracts, but they can be sold though inventory, so this is not a big deal.

The other main problem is shellfish (oysters, clams, shrimp).  There are simply never enough of them.  All of my time in the market, is spent waiting on shellfish.....often for days.  I know that working on the market order structure is hard, but there is simple work-around that would relieve a huge portion of this bottleneck.  Simply increase the number of fish at the Shrimp, Oyster, Clam pools.  Just triple the number of fish at those locations.  It would still be way less than most lobster and tuna pools.  You still easily get them out with under 4 boats.  And this would largely relieve the largest bottleneck in the market currently.  Coding-wise, this is a simple task......Can we simply get this?

P.S.  Honestly, you should probably quadruple the shellfish, but tripling them would vastly improve the market's overall usefulness.
    I agree with Gavin.   We need more shellfish.   When the dollar amount for the fish contracts increased, there is an even larger demand for shellfish.   I'm always waiting for shellfish.    Gavin said that tripling the amount of shellfish would be easy to change with coding.   Please add more shellfish 
    Well, we have confirm buttons before demolishing a deco, setting a horse free, and trying to get away from those "end of event" windows offering to sell us what we didn't win and asking us are we sure we want to leave-- surely a gold purchase confirm can't be that difficult. And since they don't want to waste time coding one for flash, seems to me they could go ahead and do the HTML one.  Plus, if they developed one for the Mobile Game .... makes you want to go "hmmm."
Sign In to comment.