Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Village Fair, Need Name of "Who started"

as with the village challenge we need the name of who started the new village fair each time it is started. Please

Comments

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Yes. Please implement a way we can see who started competitions, upgrades ... everyting that has an impact on all the members of a community/co-op. Believe others too have a loose gun or two throwing all into something that is not planned nor wanted at that time. Person(s) hiding behind knowledge that it will not be known that they did it.

Cheers :) 
  • landghe (SKN1)landghe (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 93
    Are you kidding me. That is a feature I can´t stand and the reason i am alone in my co-op. You want to single out players to reprimand them or worse boot them out of your co-op. That is almost bullying. You do not single out people. And maybe someone wants to earn some prizes when they have time to play, and not wait. And if the co-op doesn´t participate, so no one can play and get rewards? I still think some people take this game and it is a game far too serious. It is enough when they fix the feature that only a co-op leader or deputy can start challenges. 
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    They won't include the name of a person who started an event as it may give grounds to pick on or troll someone and even as a reason to kick them from a co-op.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 22.08.2018
    No, they won't give out names because they hope the person will keep starting things and the others might have to use gold to fix it -- like the competitions. They did change it so that we could see who started Village League challenges.

Some teams have loose cannons who like to cause trouble and problems, knowing they can do so because no one knows who they are. No one wants to punish or shame anyone -- but it makes it easier to "educate" the person who is hurting the team. As it is now, people start to suspect others and that causes more harm than good.
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    No, they won't give out names because they hope the person will keep starting things and the others might have to use gold to fix it -- like the competitions. They did change it so that we could see who started Village League challenges.

Some teams have loose cannons who like to cause trouble and problems, knowing they can do so because no one knows who they are. No one wants to punish or shame anyone -- but it makes it easier to "educate" the person who is hurting the team. As it is now, people start to suspect others and that causes more harm than good.
    Totally agree with artful.

It´s not to seek out and start bullying anybody, but when the loose gun(s) know that their name will be known then they will probably stop the damage they cause the co-op by starting things that are not planned and agreed upon. The co-op is a team and not a bunch of single, ego, players. Teamwork is the essence of a co-op.

And tell me, is it right to let one loose gun bully his co-op mates? Of course not. So leting the name of who started something known is the better way to go about this. For both parts.

Cheers :smile:
  • HEY MAN!  Let's just wake up and smell the coffee here!!!  WE DON'T WANT NON-DEPUTIES PRESSING BUTTONS!!!   I'm am a 30 year veteran software engineer...  It is so simple to just put a permissions menu like other games so that we can restrict access to more educated and trusted members.  A simple 10 minute timer is not enough, I walk away for 10 minutes and come back to the hardest challenge on the list.  I have 70 members in my coop, simply sending out an email telling everyone not to start missions is NOT enough.  And as stated above, an opposing coop can easily VPN proxy a second farm, park it in a rival coop, and mess things up.  That is NOT what we want as players, and we don't pay the developers to make things we don't want!  There is NO need to let regular members start challenges...  MAKE IT DEPUTY/LEADER ONLY!!!
  • Kitty Reed (US1)Kitty Reed (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    i so agree, this problem is causing me endless grief i was am beyond furious now 
    people staring 8 hour challenges when i send endless messages explaining who will 
    start them and no 8 hour ones . There is no reason for this at all . I want the names 
    of people who start  them in CHAT like the old VL challenges. whats the hardship ? I am seriously 
    considering leaving the game because of this chaos . So ggs do something about it !!!!!
    i so agree, this problem is causing me endless grief i was am beyond furious now 
    people staring 8 hour challenges when i send endless messages explaining who will 
    start them and no 8 hour ones . There is no reason for this at all . I want the names 
    of people who start  them in CHAT like the old VL challenges. whats the hardship ? I am seriously 
    considering leaving the game because of this chaos . So ggs do something about it !!!!!
    Oh, I so hear you. My blood pressure was through the roof the last time -- someone kept starting 13-hour challenges because they didn't think it mattered because "people were asleep." We have members from different countries and different time zones, so no, people weren't asleep and the lag was preventing them from farming. (Like you, endless messages were sent out.) So far, this time, no long ones started .... knocking on wood. (I think the culprit is no longer with us ... at least I hope so.) :)
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I agree! Naming the person who did it will stop the drama and frustration within coops. It will also highlight any "moles" put into your coop by another group just to wreak havoc and ruin your chances at good rewards.
  • The name of the member who started the challenge, will appear in the activity log, from next time the event is run. :)
  • Kitty Reed (US1)Kitty Reed (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    How can i thank-you my Wabbit ? I appreciate that so much !!!
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    The name of the member who started the challenge, will appear in the activity log, from next time the event is run. :)
    Ok, so not today, but the next time we see the event in 2-3 weeks? (Cuz it's not doing so right now).

If so, great news!  Thank you! :)
    The name of the member who started the challenge, will appear in the activity log, from next time the event is run. :)
    YES!!!  Thank you, WW!
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Awesome so glad to hear that :)
This discussion has been closed.