Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

HTML Feedback

Comments

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    @Artmaker (GB1) Whether a browser works with HTML5 or not is down to the browser not GGS, if it is not HTML compatible, it will not work.

As you can see on the 2nd tab on this website  (other browsers) Safari is HTML capable on various versions, but none of them score very highly. :/
    Your just not understanding me.   MY browser works FINE WITH FLASH.   The problem is your gang fixed it so the site automatically redirects to the HTML version and they ONLY WAY for me to get to the flash version is IN GAME.    But safari can't read HTML so I can't get IN THE GAME to switch it back.

All I need is a way to get IN THE GAME without being redirected to the HTML version which I can't get OUT of.

I don't know how many ways I can explain this.  I can NOT upgrade browsers without first running two full OS upgrades and on two computers.   NOT for this silly game.   SO I'm stuck with firefox running slower than sludge even with flash.   It's so slow with html the game is not worth playing.  
  • jay53 (AU1)jay53 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    edited 21.09.2018
    @Artmaker (GB1)  Look for instructions on the Forum for using the Standalone player - uses Flash without a browser

J

• HaleyK4 (US1)HaleyK4 (US1) US1 Posts: 21
    I am using Opera for my browser . The only problems I am running into so far is that my chat box gets stuck all the time and now I find I cannot  copy and paste  my messages to my co-op. Such as I have all my Events  written down and saved in my in box, so every week I can post the the steps for the events coming up for my new members.

Otherwise the switch seemed to be no big deal  for me.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I am using Opera for my browser . The only problems I am running into so far is that my chat box gets stuck all the time and now I find I cannot  copy and paste  my messages to my co-op. Such as I have all my Events  written down and saved in my in box, so every week I can post the the steps for the events coming up for my new members.

@H@"HaleyK4 (US1)"

Not seeing this problem with my Opera (version 55.0).

Are you using CONTROL+C and CONTROL+V to copy/paste?
  • At last I can use the html version,although I miss the cursor which is much easier to see. I am on edge 42171341.0   HTML 1717134
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 21.09.2018
    Huh, well this is a first time i see that Activity msg (16:47) :D:D:D

What's weirder is that fellow coopmates do not see that Activity message. They see "started egg project".
    Edit: im using html on chrome, coopmate who sees the normal activity message is using flash.
    edited 21.09.2018
    Huh, well this is a first time i see that Activity msg (16:47) :D:D:D

What's weirder is that fellow coopmates do not see that Activity message. They see "started egg project".
    Edit: im using html on chrome, coopmate who sees the normal activity message is using flash.
    Nice catch. I'm seeing the same thing on Opera v55.0 (HTML5):

This was for the "Strawbrained or Cabbage Head" project.

On Opera v55.0 FLASH, I get this:

On FireFox HTML5, I get this:

On FireFox v62.0 FLASH I see this:

So looks like it's something connected to the HTML5 engine, and FLASH users won't see it.

• The cursor is back ,thank goodness. My game has only frozen once in the last 2 hours.
  • MinionBob (GB1)MinionBob (GB1) GB1 Posts: 137
    My timers don't seem to be working properly on HTML. I am using Chrome on Linux. Not a major issue but they are helpful. They seem to freeze periodically, especially if I have dared to look at another site while changing from one farm to another (e.g.. loading main farm from gourmet, etc.). As you can see here, there are clearly items to collect, yet the timer still says nearly 3 minutes remaining.
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    I can not login on forum with HTML on chrome, with flash going fine..
  • game lagging so bad since Oktoberfest arrived and the cursor has gone again, so gone back to flash.I am playing on edge
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    I absolutely cannot login to the forum with the game in HTML mode. I keep getting this message......

:(

But when I switch over to Flash, I can login. What gives?  :/

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    @Artmaker (GB1)  Look for instructions on the Forum for using the Standalone player - uses Flash without a browser

J

Well I don't even know how to pull up the flash menu shown there.  AND if you look at the part circled in red, there is an EXE file in the mix.   I'm on a mac, these don't use exe files.  
    SO thanks for trying, but this doesn't help.

I just asked if there is a way to launch the game IN flash version. 
    Seems no answer has to mean no.   If admins had an answer to that I'm sure one would have posted it.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 21.09.2018
    Why is all the images blurry on html makes your eyes hurt... Just tried firefox and chrome both look the same and very slow, collecting is better but not moving from farm to farm also when you have collected lets say eggs it is so slow when clearing them off screen. The images look like a downgraded version of the flash one. I wonder how many are getting headache looking at this.

Post edited by Twiglet (GB1) on
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 21.09.2018
    I absolutely cannot login to the forum with the game in HTML mode. I keep getting this message......

it is same for me too on flash getting the same thing john i just click there word (here)

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004

It's definitely shot  :¬(
    I've just bookmarked the forum and now I open a tab and launch it and ignore the ingame link
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I click up on Discussion or Category... and I'm in.. no matter what the original box says!
  • Faranth2 (AU1)Faranth2 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 318
    Is anybody else getting this:

The so-called test project was Egg Scramble, which is running fine.
  • Is anybody else getting this:

The so-called test project was Egg Scramble, which is running fine.
    Yes, our co-op gets the same message.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Here too.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    and I would predict that you are all running HTML. I get it too but my mates running flash see it correctly. I'm sure GGS will get to it soon.
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    edited 22.09.2018
    Flash: if you have ex. fertile fields line up under each other ... chose crop ... dobbelt-click on field .. cursor will move till next field so you again can sow the same crop ... and you can carry on by dobbelt-click again. The same goes when you use humus.

HTML: dobbelt-click works on fields when you sow crops but dont when you use humus. You have to move cursor to center of field ... its like the fields touch-area are smaller in HTML than Flash. Same goes for meadows and gardens.

Icon over MF mill moves to the right if you use Mechanical Windmill-skin.

Top screen: font for dollars and village-dollars not the same as lv, gold, .....
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Still having troubles with editing the News section in the co op over view in HTML.
    Switching to Flash one can edit it but not while in HTML.
    Running windows 10 with Chrome's latest version.

Also having troubles copying/pasting messages to re send when needed to members as well as other farmers on the servers.
  • I currently use Firefox 62.0.2  html

The speed for harvesting has greatly increased. It has not slowed down too much in the evening after farming lots in the morning.   I used to use flash on IE   

During a mission I can check the other farmer out by click on the green dot.  

When training horses, the numbers go really odd when getting close to 1980.  Sometimes have to settle for 1985 to get maximum training.

Information does not show right away when hovering over fish pools 

@H@"HaleyK4 (US1)"

Not seeing this problem with my Opera (version 55.0).

Are you using CONTROL+C and CONTROL+V to copy/paste?

The chat box does not get stuck on Firefox but we are not able to copy and paste messages.   Same thing happens to my coop leader.  This gets really difficult when trying to communicate effectively.   Please fix this.

Another annoying thing is that when a member sends the list of activities for the weekly events, Firefox squeezes it all together, it no longer stays in the list format.   Makes it really hard to read and quickly look at what is next.  

• amazingrose7 (GB1)amazingrose7 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 436
    edited 23.09.2018
    Playing the game tonight is like wading through treacle,even the farm workers think so, they walk a few steps and then stop! That's on html and flash,playing on edge.
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 24.09.2018

J

Well I don't even know how to pull up the flash menu shown there.  AND if you look at the part circled in red, there is an EXE file in the mix.   I'm on a mac, these don't use exe files.  
    SO thanks for trying, but this doesn't help.

I just asked if there is a way to launch the game IN flash version. 
    Seems no answer has to mean no.   If admins had an answer to that I'm sure one would have posted it.
    @Artmaker (GB1) 
    You don't say which URL you are using already  -  if it is  http://www.bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com/?w=532   try   http://www.bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com
  • durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    Can't copy screen-shot links from chat-box or personal message in html version.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 24.09.2018
    Still lagging after about 15 minutes in. Cursor continues to freeze in fist/move mode. A bit cumbersome trying to enter amounts to donate, sell, etc. Cursor "reach" larger than the display -- results in misclicks and flags pooping popping up near the cursor. Latest version of Chrome.

Embarrassing typo edited -- thanks, again, MRG, for the laugh!
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    ...Cursor "reach" larger than the display -- results in misclicks and flags pooping up near the cursor...
    Flags pooping?  Couldn't resist:

@MRG1 (US1)

"Chocolate Yogurt Happens"? :)

The HTML version has been running very well for me on Opera v55.0 & FireFox v62.0 (both 64-bit).

The inability to edit the "Co-Op News" in the HTML version is a show-stopper for me though, as I have to update it 2-3 times a day with the current Projects List, which building we're working on in the Co-Op Village, etc.  Right now I'm having to switch back and forth between the Flash Version and the HTML Version until this is fixed.

Aside from that, the HTML version is smoother (graphically), faster, and more responsive. If it weren't for the News issue, I could ditch Flash right now and never miss it. :)
This discussion has been closed.