Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Feedback - Lag issues? We need you!

Comments

• CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Thank you guys, I guess the cache and cookie clear dance didn't help you either? I'll make sure the report reaches the development team ;)
  • no matter what pc u have, game lags specially when village fair started
    GGS do us a favour and do something about your servers
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    I think maybe the rp booster is causing some lag as the game was just fine and the booster came on and I could hardly do anything
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    I think ggs are trying to pack that much into the game that there servers cannot handle it and the only people to suffer is the player..
  • I think ggs are trying to pack that much into the game that there servers cannot handle it and the only people to suffer is the player..
    Is it server side or client side? There has to be a limit to what flash can handle. Why else would refreshing make it better. They need the game to clear out stuff from the cache that isn't used very often.
  • there is still a serious lag when doing village fair....its killing the game....please fix the draaaaaaaaaag
  • carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    Totally agree, this lag is still as bad as before with the Village Fair.  I am finding in near impossible to harvest fields or plant them, it is taking me a good 3 mins to collect 20 fields & same to replant. The longer challenges  seem to be worse then the 30 mins but even then it is bad & the longer I play the game is becomes unplayable :((

I thought GGS had fixed this problem ?? 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Totally agree, this lag is still as bad as before with the Village Fair.  I am finding in near impossible to harvest fields or plant them, it is taking me a good 3 mins to collect 20 fields & same to replant. The longer challenges  seem to be worse then the 30 mins but even then it is bad & the longer I play the game is becomes unplayable :((

I thought GGS had fixed this problem ?? 
    They didn't fix it, obviously. The team members who aren't participating in the VF (and that's most of us), are being frozen out by the ones who are. Lose-Lose. :(
  • JenK (NL1)JenK (NL1) NL1 Posts: 25
    edited 06.09.2018
    Still problems with the villagefair. The game is so slowly!!!Please remove it asap. 
  • Agreed - lag is worse than ever now vf has started again - I'm having to refresh after around 3 harvests.  Candy farm doesn't seem to be affected though.
    edited 06.09.2018
    The lag is so bad now that i have to refresh ever min or 2 ggs is killing this game loads are leaving because of it.... other team members are having to log out and back in again every few mins because they cant collect from fields. I am leaving the game until after the VF it is just too unplayable.
  • I couldn't get fields or anything this morning, it was minutes before one field was collected, not playable at all, getting time for a new game I guess
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    Our coop is looking for a new game we can all play together, actually.  If you find one.. shout it out.  Doesn't necessarily have to be farming.

Our coop is looking for a new game we can all play together, actually.  If you find one.. shout it out.  Doesn't necessarily have to be farming.

i play another farm game will pm you
  • I gather the Village fair was ended prematurely, not at all sorry to see it go! 
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    Sometimes I read all these post and I think as an IT pro - there is a dawning coming soon for the GGS community. trying to decide if it is the players and there equipment that causes the lag - It could be a very small part of it - Think if you will, if it were then only folks that have brand new and none updated units, Fast internet services would have no troubles - It can be modem speeds or memory causing the great lag - Or how many function you have running in the back ground. As I have stated - " I use flash stand alone and have very few problems with the game" - I have downloaded older flash players not the big issues others seem to have - I settled on the ver. 26 as it is supported by the link in the forms. Now some report having lag issues with flash player not no where as close as what is being reported by none users. Again thinking like an IT pro - Server side issues may in fact contribute to a portion of the problem maybe bigger than admitted. As we all know the Browsers have launched a 1 up battle with each other for control of the internet environment. It has been an ongoing ordeal for a few years - I have seen bad progresses in some of these updates. Another portion of the great lag. If flash were responsible for the biggest portion of the Great Lag then all would have the problem - Now standalone Players seem way better and fine over most browsers and it has not been updated in a while yet the browsers have constant up dates and are forced to get them - when an older flash will still work. Flash is not the blame all - Here's the Kicker - Html 5 will only preform as well as the browser will let it. In the real world there is such a thing as web sites that works well with a cretin brand of browser. Some advertise it " This Site Recommends --> Cretin browser as it is written for this browser please upgrade to this version <--- Not all Html coding is done with Pure HTML. There are server side codes that are written with Python, Visual Basic, C++, C++ Borland, and Lynx. Just to mention a few - How the server is set up and how many queries it can handle in a second is a big deal -  Im wondering if we can see the Html 5 Coding being used here so maybe I can figure what browser I will need b4 i willingly give up my Flash Standalone. I can wait and view it the code as page source and all the media code in the browser so it is no big deal.  -- Here is the Data asked for in the origin of the posting   -------->  Ping ms 39 - Download Mbps 1.96 - Upload Mbps 0.46   <---
     the Speedtest.net chose a close server to me Im rural - 800 POP here so it was close to Dallas Texas. 100 miles. I pay for basic service - I play Big farm in the evening and watch Netflix no freezing However Hulu freezes all the time.
              I have a Craptop Intell Core i3 2310m @ 2.20 Ghz I Clock it down to 2.10Ghz 64 bit- Memory installed is 2.00 GB Windows 10 - I use FireFox 6102 32 bit version and have Opera 54.0 as a back up - I never Never use Edge unless >FORCED< - Except for storing the GGS --- >*.SWF files to be able to play the game <--- I use CCleaner to mop up every few days and keep it in order. 

Last thoughts - This is a brag you can skip if you like -  I have 4 Novell Certificate's  - 654 web Authoring and Publishing - 655 Advanced Web authoring - 656 Web Server Management  - 600 Internet Business Strategies - I also hold a degree In Computer Science  and  Network Administration - Also Certificate of Proficiency - Server Design and Implementation  -  I have an Honorary Degree from the Tyler School of Business. - I have designed a Server for the University Of Texas - Utilizing Fire Wire for Video conferencing and recording Class instruction so students can Stream or Download missed Classes. I also Play Big Farm

• durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    I wanted to pull some shapely legs.
    But GGS did not like that.
    I got warning in triplicate.
    I felt dejected and confused.

but now I know the reason.

GGS prefers to push corpulent LAGs, rather than pulling shapely LEGs. 

Alas, some people are so particular about use of vowels.  :(:(
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    I wanted to pull some shapely legs.
    But GGS did not like that.
    I got warning in triplicate.
    I felt dejected and confused.

but now I know the reason.

GGS prefers to push corpulent LAGs, rather than pulling shapely LEGs. 

Alas, some people are so particular about use of vowels.  :(:(
     :D  :DB)
  • The game has been running chuggy all summer and since it was channeled thru FaceBook. Most frustrating as you keep loading Co-Op Champs & flip-over other Events; always a delay when these load no matter how much tuning & upgrading is done. These special events don't seem to be programmed to commence and enjoy unless you're a die-hard 24-7 player to benefit. Has been most discouraging for new players to gain some playtime to improve their farm. They don't stay long and well, you're just killing Co-Ops. Much to do and other activities thru the summer months to be frustrated on here. Many of us work and need the relax time that certainly is not available here anymore. Wish you'd focus on the tuning instead of so many events to race to the top. Gotten just miserable here.
  • Since the last update it is almost unusable the response is bad. Any solutions coming?
  • Since the last update it is almost unusable the response is bad. Any solutions coming?
    @McinteeFarmer (US1) This was posted in the Mod Bulletin shortly before your post:

Hi everyone,
    Here is some information, keeping you in the loop:

This issue is not related to the HTML5 update but exists in the Flash version as well. We are working to fix the issue in ALL versions of the game.
    We are aware the game is running slowly at the moment, this is due to some technical issues within the CC event. 

Thanks all!
    Your CM Team
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 17.09.2018
    I want to know if the Lag issue and the Curser issue is ever going to be resolved ?, or do I have to quit this game I Luv so much cause it is just annoying to play when you can not do much with lag and curser messing up, My computer is newer windows 10 Microsoft edge, so I know for a fact the problem is Not on My end, cause I did not have any of these problems until after the so called Update.
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    Lag is worse than ever this morning. Oh and no CC to blame it on
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    I want to know if the Lag issue and the Curser issue is ever going to be resolved ?

We're working on it! For now the Flash version should help with the cursor issue but we are aware of those problems and will be working our little tushies to get this version running smoother.

Please do remember that lag can also come from your connection or PC, so it may be a temporary slow connection in some cases. I'm not saying it's your problem, we know of of some lag issue sin the game but if you do experience lag try troubleshooting your connection. It may not solve things but it could improve things for you, at least for a while.

How was the weekend guys? Any improvements on the HTML side of things?
    CM_Hunter said:
    I want to know if the Lag issue and the Curser issue is ever going to be resolved ?

We're working on it! For now the Flash version should help with the cursor issue but we are aware of those problems and will be working our little tushies to get this version running smoother.

Please do remember that lag can also come from your connection or PC, so it may be a temporary slow connection in some cases. I'm not saying it's your problem, we know of of some lag issue sin the game but if you do experience lag try troubleshooting your connection. It may not solve things but it could improve things for you, at least for a while.

How was the weekend guys? Any improvements on the HTML side of things?
    Thank you for letting Me know, I was not on during the weekend since My Fur Daughter has been diagnosed with a heart condition, I spent My weekend with My baby girl & boy , making sure they are  happy fur babies.
    The lag is soo bad for me today with this festival thing, having to refresh every few mins, you have too much running at once in this game that is what is causing all the lag. A few days off the game for me i think.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Lag has gone from bad to worse -- HTML/latest version of Chrome. Have to leave the game every 15-20 minutes. 
    same here
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I was happy to see the flashing cursor gone, but the lag was horrible.. got out as fast as I could. Edge user here
    edited 04.10.2018
    Ok why am I still seeing My Curser vanishing and still have Lag? I thought all this was suppose to be fixed, but all I see is more of the same thing, it was good for like what 2 to 3 days tops, now I am seeing the same problem again, What is going on with this game, why is this game having so many problems when I see other games with a lot more content  in them with a lot less problems,  Does this game need a HUGE overhaul in order to be set to rights? , I wonder if all the problems in this game will ever be fixed, I guess I can forget bout the Volcano Farm since by the time that ever shows up the game might be over with , especially since all the time that is being taken up for this game has been lately to fix all the problems with it instead of being able to add in more content it seems, that is what I am seeing in My opinion, if this keeps up I just may have to say goodbye to Big Farm, which saddens Me cause I really like it, :( ., and no it is not My connection, cause I do not have any problems at all with any of My other online games, only this one, also My curser which is suppose to look like a ( Arrow ), looks like the Letter ( I )instead.
    Post edited by Blue Denim (US1) on
Sign In to comment.