Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

HTML Feedback

Comments

• Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    Using Chrome.  It started out better than flash (things were smoother) but after playing a while, it went back to being as slow as flash.  Refreshing (temporarily) reverts it back to being smoother again.

Main problem I noticed was the lack of zzzz coming out of idle sheds.  If I click on an idle shed (bringing up the ring menu) and then click on another building, the zzzz does NOT reappear over the first shed.  I only reappears after I switch farms and come back.  The lack of zzzz is leading me to think production has started when it has not.
  • durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    It's slow. Dead slow, on chrome, opera and edge.
    Colour contrast is hazy. Fly-away of things that are dropped takes time.

Not fit for CC when u have an wf mission. :-(

I fear 95% will revert back to flash within 15 minute.

• 1angel (GB1)1angel (GB1) GB1 Posts: 5
    still cant use puffin on ipad does any body no of any way to play big farm on an  ipad 
    also tried my old laptop which is running on firefox  got to my farm but  nothing worked just kept loading , also would not let me switch to flash.  if anybody has any ideas please tell me  as i will miss big farm
  • 24KSan (US1)24KSan (US1) US1 Posts: 95
    edited 12.09.2018
    I'm on chrome.... I thought the blur was as a result of dirty glasses, so I cleaned them....lol, but other than the blur, which is annoying, it started out okay and within an hour every harvest was like watching hair grow.

I have a new laptop and it is "gaming" friendly.  So many glitches to mention....(shaking head)

It appears that everyone on all of the servers are their " beta  testers" when they release new content.

Needless to say, I switched back.

• Tex-2-Step (INT1)Tex-2-Step (INT1) INT1 Posts: 179
    I've just logged in for the first time today - it automatically took me to the HTML5 version - and it's dreadful! 

My cursor was flickering like mad, and disappearing on occasions, making it pretty well impossible to play my farm, so I reverted to playing on Flash instead. 

I'm using Microsoft Edge browser, on a PC, and if this is supposed to be the 'best' browser for HTML5, I hope others aren't having even worse issues!  I'm hoping that perhaps there will be a further change at some point that will alleviate my problem - but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them. 
    Having exact same problem and I used both Edge and Firefox:  same issue on both!
    Tex-2-Step  INT1
  • digndrt (US1)digndrt (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    wife switched to HTML while I was sleeping when I got on the game I didn't know what was going on, the game was very slow to respond while collecting harvests or just playing, I went through the motions of clearing the cache and making sure the other computers weren't online dragging down the data stream and finally saw the icon on the screen to switch to chrome, which I did so now we are back on google chrome it's much faster but now there are blank places where it only shows the gears turning without ever uploading the icon or symbol for whatever should be in the spot. when I went to water other coop trees the screen showed the bottom half of their farm and the top half of my farm for a few seconds before completing the transition to the other farm, I don't know what can be done but something needs to happen to correct things, hopefully soon
  • I use edge, and the cursor kept flickering like crazy on html, so I switched back to edge.

• Yahoo2013 (NL1)Yahoo2013 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 67
    HTML version is the worst version that has been on BigFarm so far. I had tried it on Microsoft Edge. Cursor arrow blinks like crazy. The game has become slow. Everything gets stuck. What I want to harvest does not work. Cursor arrow indicates something else.
  • GeryM (NL1)GeryM (NL1) NL1 Posts: 12
    I can't copy links etc. as usual as by flash. Will you please look at it.
  • debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    edited 12.09.2018
    use opera v. 55.0.2994.59

Am having a slight issue with buildings not beginning production after I click on them. They look like they start and I lose the icon, but I go to a different farm and then return to discover one odd building or field hasn't begun production. 
    Post edited by debj (GB1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    use opera v. 55.0.2994.59

Am having a slight issue with buildings not beginning production after I click on them. They look like they start and I lose the icon, but I go to a different farm and then return to discover one odd building or field hasn't begun production. Have tried Chrome and had same issue. 
    This issue just started for me. Also with planting. Planted all my fields, and while I'm doing something else, I'll look over and the Zzzzzs are back. Plant again. All is dandy, then Zzzzz.

Also, descriptive flags of decos and fields, etc., just started popping up randomly and staying there.
  • 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    in HTML the graphic is very poor and blurry, problems with font and blinking digits, the cursor disappear sometimes, the game is very very slow to load. im using Chrome...and for now i will stay in FLASh. another problem. what will happened with mobile play? HTML dodnt open at all there from smartphone
  • vondaleu (US1)vondaleu (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    Not having fun with the game today y'all.

I got logged on once this morning . Response was terribly slow. I've tried Firefox, Edge & Opera.  Got emailed from my coop buddy & she hasn't been able to logged in at all.

ugh...
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Hey guys! We had an update for HTML5 today and there seems to be some problems for some. First off you can report anything new in this thread right here if it's related to HTML5. Here are some options you can try as well:

• Update your browser: If you have an older version of a browser the HTML5 version may not work very well. Make sure you're up-to-date, it shouldn't take long and ensures a smoother experience across most modern websites!
    • Do the cookie dance: Similar to a rain dance, the cookie dance is an ancient ritual passed down by the forefathers of the web, but unlike a rain dance it does not summon it's namesake! Instead it clears the cache and cookies from your (most definitely up-to-date because you're following these steps in order  ;) ) browser. This can help clear up issues with loading and ensure you're running the latest version. We know it's often suggested, but it's a really important step to debug an issue so make sure you give it a shot.
    • Restart your router: This can help 'bump start' things a bit and make sure you have the latest version as well.
    • Pick the right browser: Firefox and Chrome are specifically being targeted for the HTML5 version but we are also aware that issues are reported in both.
    • If all else fails...: You can switch to the Flash version of the game with the button in the image below and that might run a bit smoother for you at the moment.
    And with a Flash the sun and moon were gone! (What I did there, see it?!)

Run through those and if you still have issues throw your browser name and version number in the report thread along with the symptoms you're experiencing. Thanks very much guys!
  • Google Chrome
    Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

when attempting to harvest product that would overfill your barns - if you try to "sell all" it fails and just asks again....    Selling the suggested amount works - but then you have to do it for every subsequent field etc as well.
  • karen49 (US1)karen49 (US1) US1 Posts: 12
     I was in game and for once in my life I was in 85th place for the HWE event and trying to stay there.....went to refresh the page and now i'm just getting a blue screen with the name good game and a revolving broken circle, it's been doing this for 2 hours, even restarted my computer, same thing.   I am an Apple user and use Safari 9.1.3 without any trouble.  I attempted to log into Firefox ( updated Firefox today)  and it started the same way as Safari and then it showed the sign in page.  When I went to sign in it told me another player had that name. :( , but it's really me.  I also had a problem this morning with Oleg fishing.  When I threw the line into the water the line immediately turned to red and stayed that way??????
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
     I was in game and for once in my life I was in 85th place for the HWE event and trying to stay there.....went to refresh the page and now i'm just getting a blue screen with the name good game and a revolving broken circle, it's been doing this for 2 hours, even restarted my computer, same thing.   I am an Apple user and use Safari 9.1.3 without any trouble.  I attempted to log into Firefox ( updated Firefox today)  and it started the same way as Safari and then it showed the sign in page.  When I went to sign in it told me another player had that name. :( , but it's really me.  I also had a problem this morning with Oleg fishing.  When I threw the line into the water the line immediately turned to red and stayed that way??????
    @karen49 (US1)

Make sure you're on the LOG IN tab. Sometimes the game defaults to the REGISTER tab on the login screen, and it won't let you create a duplicate name there. So click on the LOG IN tab first, then try to log in.
  • Jinxy (INT1)Jinxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 165

Using Opera 55.0 and can't log in at all. Screen keeps flashing white/blue/white/blue… and I don't feel like risking a migraine attack so I'm done testing.  

• Unable to load on Ipad using PUFFIN
  • @WascallyWabbit

HEELLP!!!
    My browser has gone mad (both chrome and firefox) on Linux system.
    I am not sure what it is doing, but it looks like as it is constantly trying to switch 
    between HTML and FLASH, just causing constant flashing of the screen. I think I see  flashes
    ob blue screen (HTML5 loading page probably and) and a flashes of  question to allow a flash plugin
    (flash version). And I am stuck with it. I can  not enter the game at all. And my address line is flashing as well,
    like one page is redirecting it to another and that one back to first. An infinity loop. 

Same here ... whole evening ... i cant get in the game
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
     I was in game and for once in my life I was in 85th place for the HWE event and trying to stay there....
    I checked and you were in 86th place just before event ended.
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    I'm on Chrome and the lag is not good but my themed houses have disappeared from inventory.  Changed back to flash and hey presto there they are.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 13.09.2018
    I am using chrome Version 69.0.3497.92 and the html i cannot use as it is loading the farms in too slow or not at all. had to go back to flash... Also where as the tent gone for the CC it as disappeared, i have refreshed but no sign of it.
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    hallo
    allemaal leden van onze coöperatie hebben moeite om naar hun boerderijen te gaan, het werkt niet met de laptop en zelfs niet met een tablet.
    De game crasht of blijft hangen en we moeten seriële tijden opnieuw laden.
    Sommige kinderbedjes spelen ook niet op HTML. 
    Wat kunnen we hieraan doen?
    Bij voorbaat bedankt
     The Danish are trying to say
               I quote           

" All members of our cooperative have difficulty in going to their farms, it does not work with the laptop or even with a tablet. The game crashes or stays and we have to reload serial times. Some cots also do not play on HTML. What can we do about this? Thank you in advance "
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------    Svar til at Prøve  -------------
    Nogle siger at forsøge at indlæse html 5, så efter at siden har lastet, brug knappen Reload siden, og det hjælper også. Bemærk også, om du har Internet Explorer 8, 9 eller 11, det kan fungere korrekt i både flash og html 5, det er værd en prøve

• J-Farm (US1)J-Farm (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    I am using Edge and find HTML very slow and the cursor is flashing.  My pictures are not crisp clear either.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Uh Oh!  Did the CC get lost in the update?  I am playing using flash version. So is the CC being played on the HTML version?
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    Uh Oh!  Did the CC get lost in the update?  I am playing using flash version. So is the CC being played on the HTML version?

nope its nowhere to be seen 
  • unable to log on, just blue goodgame screen. no response from support, no ability to switch on flash or switch to old system for a while  ... why go live when google chrome is not supported. how long until it is. not a very nice way of treating your paying players who log on every day. well cheesed off. 
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
              Wowo  There is troubles but please dont loose your Heads, Games, or sense of Direction.
     The old standalone flash player works just fine - Older Internet Explorer 8,9, and 11 Should function just fine - many who use them say no update needed. If you have windows 10 you may have Internet Explorer most likely if you up graded to win 10 - search for it -

Free Stand Alone Flash Projector needs no update and this link is from the forms

Once it is installed run it - It will ask for an internet addresses for the game to run - use this addresses -
    https://media.goodgamestudios.com/games/ranch/goodgameranch.swf
    Or the addresses used for your server.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   Danish

Wowo Der er problemer, men lad dig ikke tabe dine hoveder, spil eller retning af retning. Den gamle standalone flash player fungerer fint - Ældre Internet Explorer 8,9 og 11 fungerer fint - mange der bruger dem, siger ingen opdatering nødvendig. Hvis du har Windows 10, kan du sikkert have Internet Explorer, hvis du er graderet for at vinde 10 - søg efter det -

Free Stand Alone Flash Projector behøver ingen opdatering, og dette link er fra formularerne https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub /flashplayer/updaters/26/flashplayer_26_sa.exe

Når det er installeret, kør det - Det vil bede om en internetadresse for at spillet skal køre - brug disse adresser - https://media.goodgamestudios.com/games/ranch/goodgameranch.swf
    Eller de adresser, der bruges til din server.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Hello! Hello!  CC where are you?  Are you coming out today?  Mods will you please ask the Team about this?
This discussion has been closed.