Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

HTML Feedback

Hi Everyone,

You can post your HTML feedback here, we want to know what you think as well as any bugs or issues that you come across.

WHEN POSTING ABOUT A BUG OR PROBLEM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE INCLUDE WHICH BROWSER YOU ARE USING

Thankyou :)

Comments

• Penfold (GB1)Penfold (GB1) GB1 Posts: 252
    I've just logged in for the first time today - it automatically took me to the HTML5 version - and it's dreadful! 

My cursor was flickering like mad, and disappearing on occasions, making it pretty well impossible to play my farm, so I reverted to playing on Flash instead. 

I'm using Microsoft Edge browser, on a PC, and if this is supposed to be the 'best' browser for HTML5, I hope others aren't having even worse issues!  I'm hoping that perhaps there will be a further change at some point that will alleviate my problem - but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them. 
  • paroma (IN1)paroma (IN1) IN1 Posts: 45
    I use chrome, & HTML is looking better, but working slowly. And yes, the cursor is flickering.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I've just logged in for the first time today - it automatically took me to the HTML5 version - and it's dreadful! 

My cursor was flickering like mad, and disappearing on occasions, making it pretty well impossible to play my farm, so I reverted to playing on Flash instead. 

I'm using Microsoft Edge browser, on a PC, and if this is supposed to be the 'best' browser for HTML5, I hope others aren't having even worse issues!  I'm hoping that perhaps there will be a further change at some point that will alleviate my problem - but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them. 
    Terrible experience this morning, also. Worst lag I can ever remember, and things disappearing right and left.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Using Edge browser and mouse pointer is constantly flickering in HTML5.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I'm having the same issue in Chrome. Plus, it's freezing in the "move" mode, and clicking on all the wrong things.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 12.09.2018
    HTML on Chrome seems alright for me. Some very slight lag in places and some of the msgs in my inbox have lost their "new line" formatting. ok otherwise  (so far)

Edit 16:46  - That was "so far". Harvesting and feeding is way too slow. Don't know if they stacked or multi-threaded or were just plain faster before but this would be a disaster for the CC. 
    Post edited by Uncle John (GB1) on
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    pointer disappears completely once the ring menu is opened.  have switched back to flash.  hope that can be fixed soon
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I am not sure where to post this, hence this new discussion!  I notice that with this new HTML, the chat is severely laggy.  I timed it....it took 20 to 30 seconds for my chat to post so other coop members could read it.  This is not good.  Will someone from the Team look into this and correct the situation?  Thank you very much!
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 12.09.2018
    @WascallyWabbit

HEELLP!!!
    My browser has gone mad (both chrome and firefox) on Linux system.
    I am not sure what it is doing, but it looks like as it is constantly trying to switch 
    between HTML and FLASH, just causing constant flashing of the screen. I think I see  flashes
    ob blue screen (HTML5 loading page probably and) and a flashes of  question to allow a flash plugin
    (flash version). And I am stuck with it. I can  not enter the game at all. And my address line is flashing as well,
    like one page is redirecting it to another and that one back to first. An infinity loop. 

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I use chrome and I can't tell what buildings have been sparked on my farm, there is no glow. When I sparked a teammates cow I couldn't tell either. 

How is this for other browsers? Can you tell if buildings have been gifted?
  • Just tried the HTML Version using Microsoft Edge and had to switch back to Flash Version as my cursor would not stop flashing and could not find what I wanted to do.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I am using the stand-alone flash, the HTML5 option is at the top of my screen,but I think I'll hold off trying it until some of these issues are resolved.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    O.K. I just receved a chrome update. After the update, the chrome stoped the madnes and decided for flash version. I can not transfer to HTML5 as it redirects me directly back to FLASH version. On firefox maddnes continues and the game constantly swiches between the two versions. Like a card that has a "turn around" written on both sides.
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    Having the same issue here. Very disappointing, but not unexpected. 
  • I have just had the same experience as aaabbb1, constant blinking and i cant open BF at all. Tried 3 browsers all up to date: Mozilla, Opera and Chrome.
    When i try to open BF i get a warning that i dont have internet connection, but i can open everything else on internet, including BF forum. 
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    I'm using the Opera browser and switched to the HTML version. I have quite a bit of lag and the signboards that appear when you hover over a building appear blurry.  :(
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    I do have problems with the html version on edge ande chrome
    edge: chatten does not show all text and is slow 
    chrome: getting slower and picture is blurry
  • Using Chrome and i-mac - horrible lag, everything much slower than before and blurry too.  Tried dsf and now cant see if fish are in the pools without clicking on the pool, hovering over no longer works - also had trouble loading the boats, shift down, clicked 3 times but it only put on 2 chum - thought it may have been me, so tried on another boat - same thing.  Clicking again sorts it, but it somehow forgets how many times you have clicked if that makes sense!  
  • wierdwolf (GB1)wierdwolf (GB1) GB1 Posts: 29
    Using Firefox 60.2.0 (64bit)

My themed building in the inventory are all set to one item for each category.

This is with Flash:

This is with Firefox HTML5:

I had to build them all up before I switch to HTML5. This was there even during the HTML5 beta testing period.

• 1angel (GB1)1angel (GB1) GB1 Posts: 5
    hi i cant get on big farm at allhas a blue screen with goodgame on wont load at all
  • i play chroome
    html so far seems to be runnung just fine but.... why does it seem like you guys are putting blurr on the lettering and other graphics??as if youre running some kind of filter just to mess the grapics up it is as if theres a permanent mist haha 
    it is making me feel nosious why cant the games grapics be clear like it is in flash version

• Debi1214 (US1)Debi1214 (US1) US1 Posts: 35

Same for me, using Microsoft Edge, cursor flickering crazy and very laggy.  I really was looking forward to the US version coming out. Sadly, I think it needs more tweaking!  Will stick with Flash for now. Thank you Penfold for posting your issues, mine are totally the same :) 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 12.09.2018
    I'm using Chrome with HTML5 I find is slow but works. So far no hiccups.

Update - Missing Themed Houses :(
  • Severe lag here as well, dare I say worse than the village fair.  I didn't have lag previously when playing with html5 - as it stands at the moment the game is unplayable for me so I am switching back to flash.  Also, the forum intermittently decides that my email is not verified (which it obviously is).
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    I used Edge and cursor was flickering and I could not see the Sparkled items. Unplayable. I switched to Firefox, cursor was not flickering but game was really slow. Very disappointed with the HTML rollout 
    I am using the Opera browser when the issue with the big time lag happens in chat.
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    edited 12.09.2018
       Fire Fox  - 61.0.2 (32-bit) - Just hit me with an update i have downloaded it and will install it but first  here we go - I logged up on fire fox Html is Default and it was slow loading as I use the flash player I so expected it to load slow - as it is getting new icons and such - I have no sound - no mummers of chickens Mumbling s of the cows ect - Speakers all the way up - cursor moves a bit slow  - the next thing i did was harvest simple corn a little slow - but ok it put 12 mins on the HWE Silo And 5 mins on corn. Well when the corn finished there was still 8.43 Mins on the silo so there is a timing issue. B4 anyone says anything I did plant the Corn after the harvest so I can understand a few ticks go by checking the silo - Still an issue - My Big Farm is running on a separate tab and i am experiencing a very minute lag while i am typing here but it is ever so slight - AS I install the update I will return to the game and come Edit this post with the results - I also will give EDGE and Oprah  a turn and to save time I will Edit each one into this one Post - Be back in a bit with the results -

11:54 ---------- Edit after Update - Fire Fox 62.0 (32-bit) ---    There is a lag I have seen worse - So as the Silo is now ready for the WF I planted the WF None SS SEEDS - it took a min as usual - the first one popped up and I harvested it but i had to wait 6 more SEC for the following Flowers to pop up - As usual I plant as fast as I can I can see an Whole sec go by b4 planting but thats to long. Also I can plant faster than that - Still No sound - My workers are slow walking about and the lag is present - the Bubbles pop over head take a moment to pop and yield there goodies. Switching between farms is really slow. So to keep it short I see the same things as b4 the update -  Now on to Edge -
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edge - I got many of the same results as others nothing new- I did try I explore with fantastic results
    Post edited by BJs (US1) on
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 12.09.2018
    O.K. I just receved a chrome update. After the update, the chrome stoped the madnes and decided for flash version. I can not transfer to HTML5 as it redirects me directly back to FLASH version. On firefox maddnes continues and the game constantly swiches between the two versions. Like a card that has a "turn around" written on both sides.
    @aaabbb1 (INT1)  Firefox & Edge should be working, but it turns out that older versions of Chrome (and probably Opera too) are also working, so it makes sense that Chrome no longer worked after it updated to the latest version, at least not yet.

We are not sure what the deal is with the flashing that is being reported, but we will find out as soon as we can.
  • Dinno (SKN1)Dinno (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 19
    Started with Chrome and HTML5, slow-- oh so slow- and dont go fishing… :) 

switched to Edge, and thats even WORSE (and it took a while to log in, actually as long as finding the right link to the game itself)

WHY oh why.. do GG go ahead with changes, when the last 5 has failed miserably? most recent the Fair
    Edge is not working right.  I brought up one of games on the Edge browser and found that the game was in all kinds of "jitters".  When I tried to harvest something, the pointer (hand) was jumping all around.  Planting fields was difficult with the pointer jumping around. Ugh...this is not good.
This discussion has been closed.