Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Construction Tokens (2nd Building Slot)

157»

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 20.07.2018
    I've been putting off asking this question because, one, I thought it might be a bug in my game, and two, the answer seems to be (cough, cough) wholly related to gold purchases, but is there some sort of trick to using the tokens??? Every time I get enough to actually have two constructions going on at once, I'll start the first construction and the tokens are used up without ever giving me the option to start the second. Do we have to be in the middle of an upgrade/build when new tokens are added in order to use the feature?

It is also incredibly stupid to give people tokens as an event reward if they can't collect them after the 58 overstock max has been reached. A reward is just that - a reward. I mean, if you win something it should be received regardless of whether or not you have reached a max in your inventory. If not, then it is pointless to give the item as a reward. I have lost more tokens than I've ever gained because I always seem to get enough to use the feature when I DON'T have the funds to do any building or upgrading. I've lost track of the amount of times I've tried (and failed) to quickly raise money to use my tokens before getting an upcoming reward. 
    You don't get to choose. When you have enough tokens, once you start construction on anything (even absentmindedly plopping down a deco), the system automatically starts the token slot first.
    So then I would actually need to have something already going when I get enough tokens, in order to run two constructions at the same time, right? I think that's what you mean lol. I guess I just don't understand the point of the feature if you can't choose when to use it. Anyway, thank you for the reply and explanation!
    No. You don't have to have any construction going before you use your tokens. I usually use them on very long builds. Then it's "back to normal." You can then just build normally as often as you like while the construction slot build takes its sweet time.
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    The extra construction slot system is not ideal, but far better than no extra slot . I do not fret if I miss some construction tokens, probably because the night shift in my coop work real hard , I just use what I get, this is not a race , so not worth fretting about .
  • I've been putting off asking this question because, one, I thought it might be a bug in my game, and two, the answer seems to be (cough, cough) wholly related to gold purchases, but is there some sort of trick to using the tokens??? Every time I get enough to actually have two constructions going on at once, I'll start the first construction and the tokens are used up without ever giving me the option to start the second. Do we have to be in the middle of an upgrade/build when new tokens are added in order to use the feature?

It is also incredibly stupid to give people tokens as an event reward if they can't collect them after the 58 overstock max has been reached. A reward is just that - a reward. I mean, if you win something it should be received regardless of whether or not you have reached a max in your inventory. If not, then it is pointless to give the item as a reward. I have lost more tokens than I've ever gained because I always seem to get enough to use the feature when I DON'T have the funds to do any building or upgrading. I've lost track of the amount of times I've tried (and failed) to quickly raise money to use my tokens before getting an upcoming reward. 
    You don't get to choose. When you have enough tokens, once you start construction on anything (even absentmindedly plopping down a deco), the system automatically starts the token slot first.
    So then I would actually need to have something already going when I get enough tokens, in order to run two constructions at the same time, right? I think that's what you mean lol. I guess I just don't understand the point of the feature if you can't choose when to use it. Anyway, thank you for the reply and explanation!
    No. You don't have to have any construction going before you use your tokens. I usually use them on very long builds. Then it's "back to normal." You can then just build normally as often as you like while the construction slot build takes its sweet time.
    I know the tokens seems crazy, but I watch how many I have and how many are coming up in the next reward and start planning. I use them on things like the bakery, horse rings (because you can use golden horse shoes instead of cash), or mills and things that take forever. It is getting harder since some of those need the architect to do now, but those coins are great. It's one feature they really did manage to do decently lately.
  • luvs2wolf64 (US1)luvs2wolf64 (US1) US1 Posts: 170
    Thank you everyone, very helpful!
  • Borgia (SK1)Borgia (SK1) SK1 Posts: 455

What do you all need to finally understand us and change this rule?
    i'm sorry that you lost coins that you could have earn. i think, it would be sensible to keep them in some "spare" slot and player could take them later.
    but it is sensible only for us players, not for the money politics of the company. they like to give you dilemma of either loosing coins, or using gold to speed-up production to use them, or buying few, that you are missing to use the slot, for gold, so you would start building and would be able to collect some more coins.
    i doubt it will ever change really. it is one of those things they like to do to show us who is the master here (*disrespectful spit*). it is not fair just as many things in the game. and it is not getting any better as we who play for years observe.
  • Borgia (SK1)Borgia (SK1) SK1 Posts: 455
    THIS IS THE BIGGEST RIP OFF OF THIS GAME.  ONE MINUTE YOU HAVE 61 BUT NEED THE ARCHITECT TO USE THEM THE NEXT SECOND YOU HAVE 11.  WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO BUILD THESE UP AS WE WANT AND NOT CONTINUALLY LOSE THEM.  90% OF THE TIME YOU EARN ONLY TO HAVE THEM TAKEN AWAY.  
    SMART IN UP PROGRAMMERS.  YOU ARE THIEVES FOR TAKING WHAT WE EARN .
    BETSYBOOR
    you must have used them unintentionaly to build decoration... if it's deco with village happiness, it takes building time even after placing into storage and taking it out. many have lost them that way.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I use my coins as soon as I get them, I don't bother waiting for the architect.  I always have a list of stuff on a spreadsheet that I want to upgrade, and IF the 2nd construction slot opens while Steve is there, great.  If not, I upgrade something else that doesn't need Steve, but still has a long construction time - like a Level 6 Duck Coop (over 14 hours) or a level 6 Peach Orchard (16+ hours).

You don't NEED Steve for the 2nd construction slot, but if they coincide that's just a bonus. :)
  • I do the same, Southern. The confusing part to me was how I understood it to mean when they first announced it. I thought, erroneously (sp.), that it was to help for when Steve arrived and we could level our build items quicker. Simply forgot all that I read in my excitement to have a new building slot I built a deco. Even though my main slot was open it took the extra. Hard lesson learned fast. 

I am very happy to have an extra build slot. :)))
    I agree with you Southern and kwee  . If you keep an eye on possible tokens coming up in coop events , its not hard to plan your builds , and if you lose a few tokens , so be it . Its far better than not having an extra building slot, which was the case up to a few months back , so I'm fairly happy with it . . . :)  :)  :)
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    I agree with you Southern and kwee  . If you keep an eye on possible tokens coming up in coop events , its not hard to plan your builds , and if you lose a few tokens , so be it . Its far better than not having an extra building slot, which was the case up to a few months back , so I'm fairly happy with it . . . :)  :)  :)
    I beg to differ @garybaldy (GB1)

those construction tokens in coop events and also events for single players like fish HWE have substituted other rewards

So when we lose those coins because the architect doesn't show up,we lost our rewards. In the mean time other types of rewards have become pure rubbish

The solution to this would be that the architect figure disappears from the game, and that all levels become accessible at any time. In this way everyone can use the construction tokens as they become available. 

Once this is solved GGS only needs to fix the problem with all other rewards which at the moment are an absolute joke

PCA (GB1) said:
    I beg to differ @garybaldy (GB1)

those construction tokens in coop events and also events for single players like fish HWE have substituted other rewards

So when we lose those coins because the architect doesn't show up,we lost our rewards. In the mean time other types of rewards have become pure rubbish

The solution to this would be that the architect figure disappears from the game, and that all levels become accessible at any time. In this way everyone can use the construction tokens as they become available. 

Once this is solved GGS only needs to fix the problem with all other rewards which at the moment are an absolute joke

That is a fair point , if you need the architect for all your builds , it will take me some considerable time to reach that point .
    Must agree about the quality of the other rewards .
  • Ladyoz (US1)Ladyoz (US1) US1 Posts: 155
    I had 50 construction tokens saved up ready for a big upgrade next time the Architect shows up. A little while ago I needed to upgrade a Simple House, so I very carefully clicked on the regular construction slot, NOT THE ONE THAT USES THE TOKENS, before I upgraded that house. The game SWITCHED THE CONSTRUCTION WINDOWS AND TOOK ALL MY TOKENS. I had bought many of those damn tokens with gold so I'd have enough next time the Architect came. Now they're all gone on a stupid house!  Has anyone else had this happen? The GAME switched construction windows on me, I watched it happen on my screen.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I had 50 construction tokens saved up ready for a big upgrade next time the Architect shows up. A little while ago I needed to upgrade a Simple House, so I very carefully clicked on the regular construction slot, NOT THE ONE THAT USES THE TOKENS, before I upgraded that house. The game SWITCHED THE CONSTRUCTION WINDOWS AND TOOK ALL MY TOKENS. I had bought many of those damn tokens with gold so I'd have enough next time the Architect came. Now they're all gone on a stupid house!  Has anyone else had this happen? The GAME switched construction windows on me, I watched it happen on my screen.
    That is the way it is set up. As soon as you get your 50 construction coins then the second building spot become available and is set as the priority. At least it wasn't a 5 to 6 second decoration ;)
    That is the way it is set up. As soon as you get your 50 construction coins then the second building spot become available and is set as the priority. At least it wasn't a 5 to 6 second decoration ;)
    I was sure that in the past I've been able to select which one I wanted to use, and it worked. It's stupid if we can't choose. And you're right about the 6 second dec!
    When it first came out yes one could select but they nurfed that right away. Agree it is stupid but one can still make it work.
    edited 23.08.2018
    When it first came out yes one could select but they nurfed that right away. Agree it is stupid but one can still make it work.
    Thanks for the quick response.
    In case you need more help
    http://crazybigfarm.tk/index.html
  • In case you need more help
    Looked at this for an answer for member of the coop and couldn't find it. I need to know if there were ever official or good unofficial tutorials for the construction tokens. I can't seem to explain them in a way this player understands and he's driving me nuts...well, even more nuts.
  • Letty.liongamez (GB1)Letty.liongamez (GB1) GB1 Posts: 8,806
    edited 24.08.2018
    the only real thing to know about the construction tokens is as soon as you unlock the new slot with 50 tokens the next upgrade or build will use it. and you cant save tokens past 50.
    do you get to keep the second construction slot if you unlock it?
    If you are careful one can keep it to use on longer upgrades or building. But be warned once you have your 50 the second spot will be used first ;)

http://crazybigfarm.tk/how_to/how-to2.htm#3
    In case you need more help
    Looked at this for an answer for member of the coop and couldn't find it. I need to know if there were ever official or good unofficial tutorials for the construction tokens. I can't seem to explain them in a way this player understands and he's driving me nuts...well, even more nuts.
    Try this 
    http://crazybigfarm.tk/how_to/how-to2.htm#3 
  • Thank you, everyone. I'm sure he can figure it out from that. If not he needs to find another game.
    Ok I'm at a loss here. I'm told that if I use my 50 tokens the 2nd building slot will automatically be used and I can't hold the tokens for a big upgrade and use the regular slot for small upgrades. It doesn't work that way, I'm told - if you have 50 tokens the game will automatically use them. Well I just used my 50 tokens expecting the 2nd slot to be used, but it didn't. It took my 50 tokens, used the regular construction slot and the 2nd slot - the one the tokens are supposed to be for - is still locked!!!! Now I have to wait 2 damn days before I can do anything else with my candy farm! What am I missing here?!?? What's the point of having 2 slots if you can only use one at a time?!
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I don't know how to tell you this tactfully, but you are mistaken  :¬)
    You rebuilt a deco or something else trivial that you are forgetting and that used the 2nd slot, you then did the big build which went to the regular slot.
    It does work exactly as you have been told but it is sooo easy to make a mistake.
    Ok I'm at a loss here. I'm told that if I use my 50 tokens the 2nd building slot will automatically be used and I can't hold the tokens for a big upgrade and use the regular slot for small upgrades. It doesn't work that way, I'm told - if you have 50 tokens the game will automatically use them. Well I just used my 50 tokens expecting the 2nd slot to be used, but it didn't. It took my 50 tokens, used the regular construction slot and the 2nd slot - the one the tokens are supposed to be for - is still locked!!!! Now I have to wait 2 damn days before I can do anything else with my candy farm! What am I missing here?!?? What's the point of having 2 slots if you can only use one at a time?!
    The building spots on the temp farms are separate. One has to pay Gold to open the second building spot on the temp farms.
    The building spots on the temp farms are separate. One has to pay Gold to open the second building spot on the temp farms.

Guess I'm not explaining it very well. We have two building slots on the main farm. One needs tokens. When you use the tokens, the game is supposed to use the slot designated for tokens, not the regular slot. It didn't do that. It took my tokens, locked the token-slot (with no upgrade in it) and began the upgrade in the regular building slot. 

The whole idea behind the building slot that requires tokens is that we can upgrade two things at once. This is not what happened. BOTH of my building slots were clear. The game took my 50 tokens and used them in the wrong slot. Again - it was supposed to do the upgrade in the token slot. It didn't do that. It locked the empty token slot and put the upgrade in the regular slot. Makes the token slot pointless and the tokens redundant.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

Guess I'm not explaining it very well. We have two building slots on the main farm. One needs tokens. When you use the tokens, the game is supposed to use the slot designated for tokens, not the regular slot. It didn't do that. It took my tokens, locked the token-slot (with no upgrade in it) and began the upgrade in the regular building slot. 

The whole idea behind the building slot that requires tokens is that we can upgrade two things at once. This is not what happened. BOTH of my building slots were clear. The game took my 50 tokens and used them in the wrong slot. Again - it was supposed to do the upgrade in the token slot. It didn't do that. It locked the empty token slot and put the upgrade in the regular slot. Makes the token slot pointless and the tokens redundant.
    You sure you didn't accidentally use them in another manner?  Keep in mind that the 2nd "Token Slot" will be automatically used (if you have 50+ tokens) for ANY of the following:

1) Taking a deco (with Village Happiness) out of storage and placing it back on your farm.
    2) Clearing a plot of land.
    3) Building a NEW deco (with or without Village Happiness) from your drop box (even if it only takes 6 seconds, it will use those 50 tokens!).
    4) Building a new building, orchard, boat (in the deep sea area), etc.
    5) Upgrading an EXISTING building, orchard, horse training ground, horse stable, boat (in the deep sea area), etc.

Probably a couple of others I can't think of at the moment, but it's usually Number 1 or Number 3 that gets most people.

• I suggest removing the decorations from the equation when the use of Construction coins are in the building.
    *You can not use the landscape lady if you have 50 coins, because if you try moving decorations around,
    Poof your coins are gone.
    * Steve does not show up enough to make it practical to have these tokens on hold keeping you from decorating your farm.
    *Make them for BUILDING & UPGRADING, not have the Decorations a part of it. It just aggravates players & creates confusion as it is now.
Sign In to comment.