Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Temporary Farms (2nd Building Slot)

edited 09.09.2018 in Tutorials and FAQs
hi,
   not only do GGS want us to take part in island farms that we  build up spending millions ( and when I say millions I do mean tens of millions these islands are not cheap by any stretch of the imagination) of our hard earned dollars then wipe them out  after 30 days they now want us to pay 53,000 GOLD  to open up an extra building slot for the privilege, if GGS want us to take part in the islands the least they can do is supply us with a free building slot for the duration of the event, surely they make enough in gold sales during the island that they can do something  nice for us once in a while, 
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    GGS may want you to take part in the islands but nobody says you have to.  My INT farm is level 156 and I've never done one, and probably never will.  The extra building slot has been made available to those who are willing to "pay to play".  
  • Elco (GB1)Elco (GB1) Posts: 103
    edited 09.08.2016
    It is funny Andy how, having been on a self-imposed exile from the game for a while, you're catching up with old news :)
    The answer from @DuffyPoo222 (INT1) is spot on and also don't forget that the "hard earned dollars" is a purely virtual currency (unlike gold which means proper real world money). So all can dispose of it as they please. When one is at a relatively low level, one will risk going broke while trying running an island and those going for the top rewards, have done it for ages so have no issues producing the cash.
    It would be interesting (although for a short while) to compare the scores at the end before the introduction of the expensive building slot and after its introduction.
    I wonder if those scores would be much higher thanks to the extra slot, enabling some to speed up even more the building of their islands to their standards.

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    The building slot gets cheaper every few hours. Think last day was 1000 gold. I do temporary farms because my favourite part of this game is building and I regret not binding my time on 3 main farms and saving dollars to buy land instead of gold. Not much to do on them except wait for architect ,but even though like building won't pay for the island slot when architect does turn up
  • yep I'm back lol but not that much seems to have changed in six months, some things I like , like the lab to make premium feed I only upgraded to level 3 cos that's all I need for main farm, not interested in spending gold to get premium feed for ducks or goats, I like the new way we can redo our farms and remove everything along with décor, I don't like how often the co-op challenge is or how many co-ops  are in the gold league  8 is a bit low, but doesn't really matter cos same co-op  wins every time lol,we managed 42 million the last time  and winners ended up with  about 112 million so were poles apart and we came 2nd, I have no intention of throwing  gold at island farms and my other main farms are more or less done to what I  need, so I just come on and help  our co-op with projects, would like another perm farm but I cant see that happening to be honest, I'm just waiting for something in my other game to start then my time will be divided between them both but my rl cash will be going into the other game, more for my bucks so to speak, but it is nice to be back in the co-op I love and back with my friends having some fun.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    When using humus on a temporary farm, the Building slot changes from the extra slot that costs gold to the universal building slot without clicking anywhere near the building slot at all.  

Switched from slot that costs gold to universal slot.  Does not switch back when using humus again.  

Building slot switched again mysteriously when using algae on winter field.
    All I hear is the sound of a shovel digging the humus but the building slot mysteriously switched without any other sound.  
    edited 24.05.2017
    This is so unusual, 2 completely unrelated things, humus and building slots.  
    Does that happen on other players viking farms?
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Yep, all the time. Been like that for months. And has been reported.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I have a question for those of you that use the 2nd build slot for temp farms and I couldn't find the answer here.

When you click on the icon for it all you see is this window with no price.

My question is, when you click on unlock will it automaticlly take the gold or will it show you how much it will cost with a confirm to click?

Also I did read a post from CM Latten who said the cost goes down each day, is this correct?

Also, I amagein you have to purchace this 2nd slot for each farm each time they are run.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 07.09.2018
    I have a question for those of you that use the 2nd build slot for temp farms and I couldn't find the answer here.

When you click on the icon for it all you see is this window with no price.

My question is, when you click on unlock will it automaticlly take the gold or will it show you how much it will cost with a confirm to click?

Also I did read a post from CM Latten who said the cost goes down each day, is this correct?

Also, I amagein you have to purchace this 2nd slot for each farm each time they are run.

@CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)

It takes you to a screen that lets you confirm the price.

Yes, the price goes down every day, since you get fewer days to "use" it.

And yes, you have to buy it every time. :(

(If it wasn't for that, I'd have happily bought it. But I ain't paying no ~50,000+ gold every month just to unlock it).

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Thank you very much @Southern (US1) for the quick response :)
Sign In to comment.