Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sept 5th - The Repeat Harvester! - Discussion

Comments

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    So when is this "magic button" on the the harvest/plant/feed ring supposed to occur?  I hope it won't cost gold to use.  If so, then is there a way to delete the button so as not to get in the way during fast pace missions?  I don't want to be accidentally using up my gold.  Thank you! 
    @FarmerCli (US1)

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3939378/#Comment_3939378

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 30.08.2018
    Normally, skipping production to save time costs 1 gold every 90 seconds, so a corn field costs 4 gold or 3 if you wait 30 seconds.  
    If it takes 3 seconds to harvest each building, it should cost 0.03 gold per harvest rounded up or 300 dollars.  It shouldn't cost 240 times more unless you have only a few seconds remaining to earn a large reward like a gold mystery box or better.  
  • What a potential disaster. Things pop out of the ground with your plants and cover the button and now you are flying blind if you're in a hurry like a mission to plant. Nope. Cure for this is to never buy gold again so you don't accidentally get charged. Ha! I don't trust them enough to buy it. Good thing I like the people I play with or I'd be gone. I actually find myself scarce these days from my farm. I used to sit on it all day, but now it's a good day for the farm if I'm there an hour. Game is just ruined by greed and corruption. Hope we can hide this idiocy so we don't hit it by accident because we have other crap coming up from the ground.
  • I have a suggestion, wait until something is working well in test and fully debugged before making the announcement that it will be in an update within 24 hours.

I thought there was going to be less emphasis on deadlines and more on quality. Announcing an update for a feature that doesn't work on all buildings smacks of a deadline approach. Obviously the delay means there was a lot more wrong with this feature. (Like the imbalance it could cause when someone selects a pile of repeats so they can walk away for an extended time during events that should be about sitting and clicking - Worldwide Championship, Wildflower missions and Village Fair are some that come to mind.)
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 31.08.2018
    GG clearly doesn't 'walk the talk'  Yes they talk about improvements and quality all the time, but fall short by miles. 

The game is full of rushed-through content that comes full of bugs, some of which get totally scrapped after months of developers' time (Layout mode and Big Farm Time), and others that get revamped for 'balancing' (Deep sea fishing). Other content comes full of bugs that NEVER get fixed. Not to mention that many times their updates cause problems in other parts of the game that have nothing to do with the update (Edge plant problems, silo re-sets in Hard worker events, and Barnacle asking for the wrong fruit)

They claim they are listening to us. Then they bring in another gold-grab update that is frankly a complete waste of time for most players, while ignoring our feedback.

Even if I wanted to utilize a feature like this (and I don't), I should be able to choose what happens if I over-harvest. I seldom do market orders so I don't want to fill contracts.

FIX the bugs. Add a GOLD LOCK. And please stop the insanity!
  • Will this result in the loss of seaweed humus? This does not seem to be an option for my fields any more
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    I just hope the delay of this update will last about 50 years.
    Instead of giving us the promised gold lock, they keep on adding gold buttons everywhere in the game, knowing that accidental gold spending will increase more and more.

Pathetic.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    I have a question regarding how automatic repeat harvest works.

If there is a milk (for instance) project running, and I set my cowsheds to one repeat harvest before going to sleep, does it do the first harvest and thus add to the project while I am offline, or does it catch up all the harvests only after I get back online?
    We also have a bug that goes with the repeat harvester, if players have more than around 2,000,000,000 cash there will be this 'Product is missing' text. It is a display error only and players should still be able to use the new feature. We will work on this problem for the next update, long story short this issue only happens to people who are rich.
    @WascallyWabbit

Hey Wabbit, think maybe they can fix this one too?

Last digit is cut off.

• I have a question regarding how automatic repeat harvest works.

If there is a milk (for instance) project running, and I set my cowsheds to one repeat harvest before going to sleep, does it do the first harvest and thus add to the project while I am offline, or does it catch up all the harvests only after I get back online?
    @Rusty Farmer (AU1) The answer to your question is:

"The repeat harvester works in real time, once your harvest is ready it harvests and adds a new one. Should mean it adds points for events that require collecting/harvesting as well"

We also have a bug that goes with the repeat harvester, if players have more than around 2,000,000,000 cash there will be this 'Product is missing' text. It is a display error only and players should still be able to use the new feature. We will work on this problem for the next update, long story short this issue only happens to people who are rich.
    @WascallyWabbit

Hey Wabbit, think maybe they can fix this one too?

Last digit is cut off.

@Southern (US1) The techy elves say they have a bug ticket for that one too, thank you :)
  • Vessarria (US1)Vessarria (US1) US1 Posts: 86
    Wascally I know you are just the messenger and No worries im not Elmer J Fudd!! lol But why do an update with bugs? Why not just fix them first as this is really an update that not a lot of the player base has asked for ?  Thank you Wascally for putting up with all our questions, complaints and being the go between of the player base and the Team! You do a fantastic Job!
    Integer.MAX_VALUE = 2147483647 
    If you have more money than this, it will overflow, causing the calculation for the repeat harvester to receive a negative value.  

• CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Wascally I know you are just the messenger and No worries im not Elmer J Fudd!! lol But why do an update with bugs? Why not just fix them first as this is really an update that not a lot of the player base has asked for ?  Thank you Wascally for putting up with all our questions, complaints and being the go between of the player base and the Team! You do a fantastic Job!
    I, on the other hand, AM the honourable Elmer J Fudd Esquire and can answer that one ;)

As you can see the update has in fact been delayed. We're never keen on updating with a known issue but sometimes the process of repairing the issue can cause great delays to an update. As updates often include smaller optimiszations and fixes we will sometimes make the decision to go ahead with an update if the bug isn't too critical. Since this one was just a display issue we didn't think it was worth delaying the update but some more critical issues were since found.

As @dchen1 (US1) says, the problem we mentioned is caused by a maximum value, that 10 digit number is the max and if you have more cash than that, not only are you a ballin' Big Farm billionaire but the new feature isn't able to read that correctly (and what's the point of being a ballin' billionaire if you can't flaunt it?!). Now that there has been a delay we'll try and resolve the problem before we go for the update again. So, hopefully more news for you all about that tomorrow.

In the meantime, my tummy is a' rumblin' and the day is drawing to a close. Farm friendly everyone, and until tomorrow!
  • Vessarria (US1)Vessarria (US1) US1 Posts: 86
    @CM_Hunter
    LOL Thank you for your reply and explanation! I hope that you are able to get all the issues under control (Fixed) before tomorrows release. 

Go Feed your hungry Tummy (hopefully not Wabbit stew ;) )
  • Morgane (US1)Morgane (US1) US1 Posts: 83
    edited 03.09.2018
    I can't for the life of me figure out how anybody could have actually thought this would help the game experience overall. The effort for this should have been directed towards known bugs.
    And with this feature we may not even be online to "take screenshots" to show support (the most common "run-around" support gives for not being able to confirm or fix things) when it screws up...LMAO
    Post edited by Morgane (US1) on

• Another removal of items?! (Yes I know most don't even care about the pink fert., it's the idea of you coming into our inventories yet again and taking things.) We may not have been supposed to have been able to win them - but we did, so you should just admit the mistake, and leave it alone!
    After your gold buyers made it clear that they were upset with that happening the last few times?!

Imagine going into your favorite restaurant. You go there everyday because your friends are there too.
    Everyone in the place loves the spaghetti with meatballs and everyone is served.
    A waiter suddenly comes and takes your plate away while your in the middle of a bite and says,'We have to take back some of those meatballs, Chef gave you too many.' You frantically try to take a picture so you can remember how many meatballs you had so you can be sure they don't take away too many.

How many times can something like that happen, before the lure of seeing your friends becomes not enough to go back to that restaurant?

• Ermmm! so now we have a fix for the fix for the original error?  

Why on earth are these things not thoroughly tested before they go live?  Forget all this nonsense that they are - they quite clearly are not - if they were we wouldn't keep needing fixes!

The original fix was like putting a sticky plaster on a broken leg.

I know we as players seem to complain a lot, but these errors are one of the, if not the main reason why.  We are happy to live without new features - I promise I am not speaking as one little voice here, in order for you to get everything working as it should.

The list so far this year (and just the ones I can remember in a couple of minutes) the vanishing double xp, the edge plant, the wrong horse tournament, the boat asking for the wrong products, the deep sea fishing problem, the automated rewards not being as they should be, the village fair, the fix for the village fair, even the football world cup has errors at the start and the ever worsening lag...................... I know there are lots more.  

I dont know how many times we have to ask - get things fixed before releasing yet another new feature that will have bugs - they all do,  Test things thoroughly prior to go live.

I know I am wasting my time asking - its been asked so many times before and by so many others - what would it take to finally get through as right now I am right out of ideas.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 05.09.2018
    Ermmm! so now we have a fix for the fix for the original error?  

Why on earth are these things not thoroughly tested before they go live?  Forget all this nonsense that they are - they quite clearly are not - if they were we wouldn't keep needing fixes!

The original fix was like putting a sticky plaster on a broken leg.

I know we as players seem to complain a lot, but these errors are one of the, if not the main reason why.  We are happy to live without new features - I promise I am not speaking as one little voice here, in order for you to get everything working as it should.

The list so far this year (and just the ones I can remember in a couple of minutes) the vanishing double xp, the edge plant, the wrong horse tournament, the boat asking for the wrong products, the deep sea fishing problem, the automated rewards not being as they should be, the village fair, the fix for the village fair, even the football world cup has errors at the start and the ever worsening lag...................... I know there are lots more.  

I dont know how many times we have to ask - get things fixed before releasing yet another new feature that will have bugs - they all do,  Test things thoroughly prior to go live.

I know I am wasting my time asking - its been asked so many times before and by so many others - what would it take to finally get through as right now I am right out of ideas.
    I so agree. And, you're right, I don't think anything will change, so I'm wasting my time, too. To an outside observer, this seems to be the place where things are tested before being applied elsewhere, or scrapped.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on

Both profiles have the same name.  I think the first one should be at least changed to Oktoberfest Tessa Townsend.

The wheel is showing village fair items when it is not running, animations dont work and it is showing German, the first language in Big Farms list of languages.   
    It did give village fair boosters and speed fertilizer.  

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    @dchen1 (US1) 2 different topics not really related to this thread. Start a new 1 for the "Profile" set up & add your 2nd here https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/182752/wwc-wheel-of-fortune-broken#latest
    @dchen1 (US1) 2 different topics not really related to this thread. Start a new 1 for the "Profile" set up & add your 2nd here https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/182752/wwc-wheel-of-fortune-broken#latest
    I posted here because the problem came after the Repeat harvester update.  
    How do I find the existing topics that may be a few months old?
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    I speculate that the cost in gold of a repeat will be a portion of how much to would be to do a speed up. I suspect it could be as much as 50% but hope it will be lower...much lower. ;)
  • I speculate that the cost in gold of a repeat will be a portion of how much to would be to do a speed up. I suspect it could be as much as 50% but hope it will be lower...much lower. ;)
    If it is related to the duration of the production, expect over 100% of the skip cost.
    I'm sure they're going to price it to the point that only a select few will want (or afford) to use it.

They can't seem to understand that getting 10,000 people to use something at 10 gold each is more profitable than 100 people paying 500 gold each.

But we'll see. Looks like they're going to try patching it in again in about 30 minutes.
  • wizhotel (NL1)wizhotel (NL1) NL1 Posts: 18
    Wel een handige functie als je grote boerderij hebt.
    edited 05.09.2018
    First thing I notice is that the patch locked the fish market.

If your fish market is locked, go to the Flower Farm and click on the Fish Market in front of the docks to unlock it.

And the Harvester itself appears to be pretty reasonably priced. I'm impressed.
  • Was there suppose to be something we get for the hot fix being done during the wwe?
    When I got back on it had an error message about comp.
  • Price to repeat seems based on production type rather than actual item. Bakery and Flowershop are 100 gold to repeat, fields/stables 10 gold and orchards 50 gold.

Some items are cheaper to skip than repeat (bakery, flowershop)
Sign In to comment.