Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sept 5th - The Repeat Harvester! - Discussion

Hi Guys,

You can discuss the Latest Update here. :)
Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    when is this being implemented? I dont see it yet. 
  • when is this being implemented? I dont see it yet. 
    The update is currently planned for tomorrow :)
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    when is this being implemented? I dont see it yet. 

nerver mind. I actually read the announcement. lol. This could be a game changer for missions if its not too expensive to use.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Hmm..

Depending on the price, I might be tempted to use it on certain crops, especially overnight or when I know I'll be off the game for a certain amount of time (say, 6-8 hours).

It's going to need an "Abort" feature if it doesn't have one.  I'd hate to mistakenly start it on wheat and set it for 4 cycles accidentally, without an option to abort the process once started.  I might pay gold to speed through one cycle and chalk it up to my own stupidity, but 4 cycles? I'm gonna log off and come back tomorrow.

Price will be the key, though.

(No point in whining about there not being a farm cash option, we KNEW that wasn't going to happen).
  • Another gold button in other words - won't be using it
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    Another way of getting gold out of us GGS, you should be sorting the technical problems out first before you wave another gold button at us!
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    Will this feature be available on the temp farms?  I could definitely see it being useful there, since time is of the essence there.

Also, does it consume the extra feed immediately upon starting the repeat harvester, or only as it begins producing the 2nd and 3rd times?  For example, let's pretend I only have 300 oranges on hand on my temp farm, but enough fields to produce 300 oranges per batch.  Could I set up a 4x repeat on both my fields and bar making orange juice, knowing that, while I don't have enough oranges right now to make 4 sets of juice, I will have produced enough oranges by the time the future productions begin to support it?

While I don't think I would use it myself, I am interested in the gold costs to do this.  It should be pretty cheap, seeing as how this is a worse version of rushing production, and therefore should cost less gold than that.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Why dose everything new that may make our work on the farms go a bit easer cost gold?
  • I read it at first, as Reaper Harvester not Repeat. 
    Thought it's a bit early for Halloween things.  :D

Interesting feature, I'm sure not to use it unless the gold amounts are low. 
    10 here, 15 there isn't much. I'm assuming it's going to be based on the crop, the humus, ect. 
    IE: Probably not worth it in the long run.

It's just another button we'll all hit on accident, I'm sure. Really need a means 
    to opt out of these things. 
  • Another to cost us our gold - wonder how much?

I doubt I'll use it often, if at all, but lets wait and see - if it costs a minimal amount (as if!) I might use it now and again - unlike the turbo harvester, tried once and never, ever, ever again.  Way to expensive.

I know GGS need us to buy gold to keep things running, pay the staff etc., but if only they'd listen - we'd buy more gold if the game wasn't so full of bugs, glitches, lags etc.  (or at least I would) and if there was a decent reward as a prize in certain events (not all - some events have prizes that are fair for the effort needed)  The final thing to entice me would be if some of the 'gold only' upgrades were a bit more reasonably priced.

Its sad they wont listen - they must spend ages trying these new things in the hope we'll love it and grab our credit cards at the first given opportunity - whereas if they fixed whats already there it would have more of a positive effect.
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    edited 29.08.2018
    Launch on a Thursday.
    Monitor and feedback from players on  Friday.

!Weekend & Flashback!

Can't help wondering, what we are testing this time?
  • marywisc (US1)marywisc (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    I feel GGS spends all its time thinking of ways for us to spend gold.

How about fixing the bugs? What the heck is going on with the cat house, which is one year old and useless?? 

You are losing people and THIS is what you are working on?????
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 30.08.2018
    Even if a feature costs only 1 gold, if it does not make more gold, give a permanent upgrade, or give a benefit that is worth the fraction of the gold mining license, it is useless code.  It is only worthwhile if each gold will save 1 minute 30 seconds or more.  Maybe computers with so much lag that it would take 1 minute to open the plant menu can use the repeat harvester feature.  

Cannot upload image.
    Post edited by dchen1 (US1) on
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    AS we know with the edge planting there is a cleanup after you harvest the edge - If the field garden ECT is not cleared then the amount planted will be reduced, seriously even on some crops - as will teh new amount of edge be reduced - So how is this being done - Will it auto clean the up the debris and plant a fresh crop?  Or will the harvest be diminished for the reaming plantings in the rotation -

I like the 1 gold not being able to help offset or recover its cost - good thinking    :o
         dchen1  said            
    " Even if a feature costs only 1 gold, if it does not make more gold, give a permanent upgrade, or give a benefit that is worth the fraction of the gold mining license, it is useless code

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993

How about fixing the bugs? What the heck is going on with the cat house, which is one year old and useless?? 

I agree that the game is losing people.  

To get more players:
    reduce the paid content of the game to less than 50%, make paid content more reasonable, re-balance the rewards so it does not give wet pig feed for a few million points, make organic market worthwhile by making minimum markup 20% for both contracts and customers, close the gap in stockpiles between shellfish and high value fish.  Make events worthwhile for all players, not just the top 0.01% of players by bridging the gap between low rewards and high rewards, think before you add the lobster cage, protection, speed feed crops and regular mining licenses, remove a zero from each of the material requirements of adventurers boat.

Most importantly, Fix features before adding more features.  

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

I agree that the game is losing people.  

To get more players:
    reduce the paid content of the game to less than 50%, make paid content more reasonable, re-balance the rewards so it does not give wet pig feed for a few million points, make organic market worthwhile by making minimum markup 20% for both contracts and customers, close the gap in stockpiles between shellfish and high value fish.  Make events worthwhile for all players, not just the top 0.01% of players by bridging the gap between low rewards and high rewards, think before you add the lobster cage, protection, speed feed crops and regular mining licenses, remove a zero from each of the material requirements of adventurers boat.

Most importantly, Fix features before adding more features.  

They know what to do to attract and keep players. The fact that they aren't doing any of it pretty much lets us know what their long-term plans are for this game.
  • It is true. They are losing players. Why would any player who has so many games to choose from stay with a game that so obviously mistreats and disrespects them - and pay for the privilege? 

How about fixing the lag so we are not competing through honey on our keyboards! Lol, you even have a lag here, while I am typing this (at less than 50 words a minute, I might add, being a shamefully slow typist)

JUST FIX THE DUMB GAME!!! 
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    It really appears that the devs are getting bored with their own game. I do not use the water all tree button, and will not use this repeat harvester....matter of fact the last fiasco with the "removal of items" (I have plenty of screenshots, removal did NOT go well on my farm) but anyway most importantly, I am tucking my credit card away!

I wonder when they will add gold running robot so we don't even need to bother logging in?
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Glad to see its after the skip button not in the menu :pensive:
    Though accidents happen lo
  •  WascallyWabbit said:
    (This does not currently work on the Tropical Pigsty & Cowshed)

This new symbol indicates that there is a chooseable reward available. The gift box image may no longer show & instead you will see one of the chooseable items that you could pick
    What? That sounds like they are adding something with a known bug.

So we are getting a new symbol and image of a possible item instead of the gift box that has been working quite well for me.

Not mentioned is that HTML5 version isn't polished for release this month. That means more slogging with an overloaded Flash player. Maybe more effort needs to be put on that instead of rolling out incomplete buttons to eat gold and breaking what doesn't need fixing.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Why in the world would the tropical sheds be excluded...this maketh no sense!

Will it only work 4 times in a row?  Is 4 the max?

I am tempted to use it for certain crops and things in certain circumstances.  BUT price is key.  The price on the turbo harvester is too high.  It is 8 per item, so a screenful is often 500 or more.  SO....I never use it......BUT if it were priced at 2 per item, I would probably use it all of the time.......Does GGS not understand that they are pricing this to only a certain few users?

Once again....a feature that I asked for, over four years ago, is rolled out in a way that I will probably not use.  How wonderful!!
  • Looks like another way to make us lose gold accidentally,  and us without a gold lock....still!
  • The announcement says.

After this update, you will start to see this icon appearing throughout event rewards in the game,

This new symbol indicates that there is a choosable reward available. The gift box image may no longer show & instead you will see one of the choosable items that you could pick

Just a thought but may be worth waiting for others to try the new feature before you collect the reward and enable the new button/feature !

I like the sound of it (no gold was mentioned to use it yet, but we will see lol)

Could be a great new feature especially for HWE (add to funnel when we sleeping or in work sounds great)

• BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    Funny ways how ggs solve lag-issues.

First the blue button on the coop-tree .... use it and you dont have to reload game after watering the coop-trees

Then the other blue button ... the turbo harvester ... think ggs miss the mark here ... should have worked on all farms so you avoid jumping from farm to farm.

And now repeat harvester ... will be very handy when you plant normal wild-flower for Village Fair ... then you dont have to reload game every 2 min.

Maybe next time ggs could make an auto-player we could buy with gold ... then we dont have to log-on to the game at all.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Here's an even better idea

Fix the bugs
    Fix the bugs
    Fix the bugs

Just in case my message is difficult to understand

F I X   T H E   B U G S

Just another update nobody asked for, its funny how GGS translate fix the rewards and bugs demand into "add another gold feature".......I look fwd to using it .......NOT!
  • sjanni (SKN1)sjanni (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 20
    i dont get it, this game is more and more about gold, than farming. The farm is not a farming game anymore, but only contest after contest, and you have to let the croft stay, if the contest ask for it. So no moneymaking for expanding, unless you have a lot of gold.  Im not sure im gonna stay i this game for long, the fun is gone, pressure to high, and things dont fit together anymore. So sad to see a good game  go down..so so sad.And one more thing, the prices you can win isent worth the effort anymore, 
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    If we use the repeat harvester, I would like the priority of surplus to first go to any event that requires supply. For instance, right now the Hawaiian event is on; I am at stage 3 which requires the supply of milk. A repeat harvester would be handy for helping to complete the event.
  • Looks like another way to make us lose gold accidentally,  and us without a gold lock....still!
    If I remember correctly, they are working on it. In the meantime we have had this feature, collect all, Village Fair, and a Soccer event rolled out since I thought I heard a gold lock was coming.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    It's a nice idea but I fear it will be overpriced much like the automatic harvester and watering trees. If they were priced reasonably, we might use them on a more regular basis. Its the same mistake a number of businesses make - pricing themselves off the market.
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    edited 30.08.2018
     It's totally no farm game more. Put a harvester-, seeder- and an dungmachine ,  that you can buy with gold  (little reasonable price) instead of all kinds of buttons.
     And once purchased can put on your farm, where you want and always can use when you want to

Post edited by Maggiltilda (NL1) on
Sign In to comment.