Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Rewards for CC & HW Events WTH?

Comments

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    The double rep booster that has been talked up this weekend is a bit pointless when the CC rewards suck.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    The double rep booster that has been talked up this weekend is a bit pointless when the CC rewards suck.
    They are pointless anyway for most people since everyone gets them. We are in the bronze league and always get all rewards so no need for extra RP.  Maybe that in the silver and/or gold league with more rewards it helps?
    So is there any word if/when the person that stuffed up the CC and Hardworker event rewards will fix them?  Oh wait sorry, when will the "automated reward system" start generating decent rewards for these events is what I really should be asking even though everyone knows the truth in this case.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I have been asking that same question.  I suspect that the team member that can "re-stuff" the automated reward system is too busy doing something else to pay us players any mind.   :'(:(  We are being forced to accept things the way they are! :o
  • Well, where to start!

The 50/50 prize is a deco worth 30 happiness!  For 35,000,000.

I dont think I need to say anymore really - but I will say shame on you GGS have you really taken leave of your senses?  Since when has all that hard work been worth a deco like that.  2 gml's yes, some decent seaweed products yes, 30 happiness deco no.

When confronted with prizes like that players won't be jumping for their credit cards, and will more likely decide the event isn't worth playing or putting any effort or resources into (like using gold or seaweed products).

Make the prizes worthwhile and maybe then people will aim to get them - make than something we dont want or need and there is no point.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Amen

Absolutely

Could not agree more

"GGS have you really taken leave of your senses? "
    So this is a recent announcement and I would like to know why this was a change that we needed?

"Hey everyone,
    The next Cooperative Tournament is coming soon and we want to let you know in advance that we enhanced some of the event rewards..
    Activity and ranking rewards that include goldflower seeds and gold mining licenses will be replaced by different kinds of seaweed items, of greater overall gold value than the one earned from the removed items.
    Some decorations will be replaced by other awesome decorations.
    The overall value of the rewards you can win will now be higher.

Best Regards,
    Your BF Team"

Those gold flower seeds were honestly so good for our coop's morale and now they are being replaced by things that have "greater overall gold value". However, could you consider the fact that those gold flowers and mining licenses were rewards that many people actually coveted?
    Above is a post from 13-10-16 : https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/135764/coop-championship-taking-away-gold-flowers-and-mining-license-prizes/p1

So the so called minor value GML are now gone at all in the hard work rewards, except for the top 50 players.
    They started out to be won at 2.1 mil point in the old HWE; then they changed the points to 3.9 mil because of the added booster; recently they changed this to 24 mil points and now vanished completely.

That shows that GGS does not value the GML as a minor reward but as a major reward that should be won as little as possible. Why else are they on the list for items to remove from players in the Village Fair?

I wish GGS to be honest for one time and not send us off with nonsence explanations. Do you really think we are backward?
  • I don't bother with the HWE anymore, way too much work for nothing worth while, very few people in our coop bother with it. I can make normal feed anytime, 160 pig feed, worth a couple of hours of wait time is not worth hours of pounding keys to plant low time crops.  10 cow feed is a kick in the face.  I will play again when all normal and premium feed is taken out and replaced by good prizes worth the hard work, and seeds are replaced by ones you actually covet and use like rose seeds, sunflower seeds and goldflower seeds. When the amount of points to reach the end goes back down to a reasonable level, or is based on the level of the player, and when GML are reinstated at the levels they were before. Right now the hard work is worth nothing.  I open the event and it what I am planting is what they want so be it, if not who cares.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 28.08.2018
    Most of our members don't bother with it, either. I start it for the seaweed, then I don't even open the thing again. The only way I know if I harvest something that is asked for is when the timer pops up. Used to love this event.
  • its even possible to get 35 mil?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    its even possible to get 35 mil?
    Of course "GOLD"  :D
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Well, where to start!

I dont think I need to say anymore really - but I will say shame on you GGS have you really taken leave of your senses?  Since when has all that hard work been worth a deco like that.  2 gml's yes, some decent seaweed products yes, 30 happiness deco no.

When confronted with prizes like that players won't be jumping for their credit cards, and will more likely decide the event isn't worth playing or putting any effort or resources into (like using gold or seaweed products).

Make the prizes worthwhile and maybe then people will aim to get them - make than something we dont want or need and there is no point.
     A 5x2 deco with 30 happiness is quite valuable, actually.  That's a 6:1 happiness to square ratio, and is quite higher than other event Decos. A comparable 5x5 Deco would need 150 Happiness to maintain that same ratio.  Not saying it's worth 35 Million points, but it's definitely worth more than a couple of GMLs, especially to a Deco collector.

Not that it matters much; 35,000,000 points is pretty much impossible, as it would require more than 100 Points Per Second from the very start of the event.

Well, where to start!

A 5x2 deco with 30 happiness is quite valuable, actually.  That's a 6:1 happiness to square ratio, and is quite higher than other event Decos. A comparable 5x5 Deco would need 150 Happiness to maintain that same ratio.  Not saying it's worth 35 Million points, but it's definitely worth more than a couple of GMLs, especially to a Deco collector.

Not that it matters much; 35,000,000 points is pretty much impossible, as it would require more than 100 Points Per Second from the very start of the event.

I do have to say that I really covet those 1x1s even though their value is low. Perfect for unused spaces. But, if you don't buy gold, those GMLs can be more valuable to some players. Still, moot point given the points needed, as you pointed out. :)
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Yes, I suppose that desirability is in the eye of the beholder.
    When I was level 30, almost any deco was good if it was free (although I have never had a desire to "collect" them) and, although a GML is only worth a few shillings (in old money), having chosen to play without buying gold, I find them incredibly desirable.  :¬)
    To me it just shows that greed can lead to a lack of intelligence. Having lousy rewards in events takes away motivation to even bother playing it and that includes the gold users. Why would anyone put in any effort and start using resources to win some feed, seeds, and some decorations? Yes I understand their view that high value rewards such as gold mining licenses and seaweed will reduce gold sales but frankly their view is wrong. Its not high value rewards reducing gold sales......its GGS lack of respect for its customer base, not fixing bugs (some of which have been around for a very long time) and the constant need for them to screw everyone over by changing rules and rewards mid-event (the VF debacle, severe reward downgrades in all silo events, the CC etc)....thats the reason for dropping sales, not gmls and seaweed.
    To me it just shows that greed can lead to a lack of intelligence. 
    Or, lack of intelligence leads to greed. :)
  • Well, where to start!

Am I missing something, since when is a 5x2 (10 squares) with 30 HP being 6 per square?
    I'm assuming its the 3x2 with 30 happiness that's 5 per square (6 if you include the village happiness)?

why would anyone choose that over the 1x1 deco with 7 or 9 per square depending on whether or not you count the village happiness?

and yes - 35 million points? why would anyone go there? (well maybe for the 1x1 as i haven't seen another way to get them at all.....
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    It is very disappointing that the rewards are still at a very low quality. Some good rewards such as gold mining licenses, gold mystery boxes, seaweed items, the storage booster decoration and other worthwhile rewards should be reintroduced into the rewards. And I can tell you that it is definitely possible to get 35 million points, but it will cost a lot of resources and a lot of time. At the moment, the rewards are definitely not worth the effort required to collect them.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 31.08.2018
    Well, where to start!

Am I missing something, since when is a 5x2 (10 squares) with 30 HP being 6 per square?
    I'm assuming its the 3x2 with 30 happiness that's 5 per square (6 if you include the village happiness)?

why would anyone choose that over the 1x1 deco with 7 or 9 per square depending on whether or not you count the village happiness?

and yes - 35 million points? why would anyone go there? (well maybe for the 1x1 as i haven't seen another way to get them at all.....

@DrHardware (US1)

Man, what was I thinking.. I have no idea where I got that, but you're absolutely right.. It was a 3x2 with 30 happiness, which is a 5:1 ratio.  I musta had some jumbled numbers in my head that night. :)
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    Why are the prizes rubbish for the cc,  they are not even worth the effort. a snowbound cherry skin woopy doo
    Agree, wholeheartedly!
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    In between, rewards were changed and I liked those rewards.
    Were they just for 1 CC?I am willing some more appearances from those CC rewards ;)
    @WascallyWabbit are those rewards again going to come?

its even possible to get 35 mil?
    Not happening on the NL server. Below is the individual ranking at the end of the event : 

edited 04.09.2018
    Are there any plans in the near future to improve the hard work rewards for the cooperative hard worker event? The rewards are out of balance since many rewards at the beginning are mostly worthless items that can easily be produced in our farms with little cost of time or resources and rewards later on are not worth the amount of resources required to collect them.

Also please try to add some better rewards back in like the gold mining licenses, gold mystery boxes, seaweed items and the storage booster decoration. These rewards are very good and many players will be more interested and enthusiastic in playing the event if they will be collecting worthwhile rewards to help improve their farms or help them in other events.
  • @ninjahuman (AU1) As far as we know, some time has been allocated in the schedule to look at the rewards for the CC, HWE & CHWE (and to some extent the FHWE with the boat rewards) & also some time dedicated to bug fixing, but all we know is that they are on the agenda, we have no info about exactly when, but we can try to find out.
    @ninjahuman (AU1) As far as we know, some time has been allocated in the schedule to look at the rewards for the CC, HWE & CHWE (and to some extent the FHWE with the boat rewards) & also some time dedicated to bug fixing, but all we know is that they are on the agenda, we have no info about exactly when, but we can try to find out.
    Thank you for the information. I hope that they will do something about the rewards soon, because we have had these poor rewards for over 5 months now.
    How come this has still not been fixed after having this issue for over 1 year? We need to get the gold mining licenses to return in these events (cooperative championship, cooperative hard worker event, hard worker event and fishing hard worker event) to be able to collect gold to help improve our farms. The village fair has good rewards and we need those kind of rewards to be replicated for other events as well.
  • How come this has still not been fixed after having this issue for over 1 year? We need to get the gold mining licenses to return in these events (cooperative championship, cooperative hard worker event, hard worker event and fishing hard worker event) to be able to collect gold to help improve our farms. The village fair has good rewards and we need those kind of rewards to be replicated for other events as well.
    why do you think? they want us to spend money to buy gold, maybe that' even why they took out the vf to do something about the very good rewards, i have to say, some of the rewards for the cc and hwe are good, fuko shio coins, seaweed, fields appearance boosters, deco's but there are a lot of them that are just dead weight and that nobody wants.
    why do you think? they want us to spend money to buy gold, maybe that' even why they took out the vf to do something about the very good rewards, i have to say, some of the rewards for the cc and hwe are good, fuko shio coins, seaweed, fields appearance boosters, deco's but there are a lot of them that are just dead weight and that nobody wants.
    I hope that isn't the reason the village fair was replaced with another event but that may be the case.

Those rewards are mostly ok but to me, they are not good rewards. Fuku tsuho coins are ok since there are sometimes good rewards like gold that we get from the Shinkei-Suijaku when we play them. Seaweed rewards are ok but we can already get lots of it and at the moment I don't feel like there are good uses for it. Field appearance boosters are good when you want to use some seaweed products but otherwise they are not that good to work hard for. The decorations are not good at all. The only good ones are the decorations you receive from receiving a high ranking and the rest are either mostly useless decorations or require way too many resources to be worth collecting and are still not that great.

But with gold, we can use it however we wish to help our farms or with events and that is why it is a much better reward than all of the others mentioned above.
  • The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 12.04.2019
    I hope that isn't the reason the village fair was replaced with another event but that may be the case.

Those rewards are mostly ok but to me, they are not good rewards. Fuku tsuho coins are ok since there are sometimes good rewards like gold that we get from the Shinkei-Suijaku when we play them. Seaweed rewards are ok but we can already get lots of it and at the moment I don't feel like there are good uses for it. Field appearance boosters are good when you want to use some seaweed products but otherwise they are not that good to work hard for. The decorations are not good at all. The only good ones are the decorations you receive from receiving a high ranking and the rest are either mostly useless decorations or require way too many resources to be worth collecting and are still not that great.

But with gold, we can use it however we wish to help our farms or with events and that is why it is a much better reward than all of the others mentioned above.
    i know some of those rewards i mentioned are not the best to you but some other people like them and even though they might not be the very best rewards it's a lot better than 130 short pig feed or 2 spec wildflowers.
Sign In to comment.