Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Construction Tokens (2nd Building Slot)

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    do you get to keep the second construction slot if you unlock it?
    You have to earn another 50 coins -- each time before you can use it.
  • will the second construction slot be available forever or just a one time thing?
  • get 50 coins, use the slot...once....
    get 50 coins, use the slot...once....
    get 50 coins, use the slot...once....
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    @Fincana (US1)

If you think you are missing them then please send a ticket to support:  Contact Support

They will look into this for you.

Pickle  

a ticket to support really ? It will take them forever to answer as usual, after that they will want some screenshot which of course is impossible to have, unless you know already that something wrong is going to happen

Also in my coop several people said the construction tokens appeared for a moment and then disappeared  

• vbillyboy55 (AU1)vbillyboy55 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 214
    How do these work  ,  I have 50 tokens  and would be greatly appreciative for a Moderator to advise or anyone who knows.
    Thanks in anticipation
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Answer ✓
    I couldn't find the original thread about this, but I can tell you my experience with them so far.

Here's the thing.  If you have your 50 coins, be very careful what and when you upgrade anything.
    You have no choice here, it WILL use your coin slot first.   I tried clicking the normal tab hoping to save my extra one but no.  

So… for me, once that coin slot is filled and ready to use, I'll just wait till the architect rolls around.
    And this means no fiddling around moving decor because certain ones, even though you built them once, you have to build them again.   It uses the coins up.
    So once that's filled I won't upgrade ANYTHING until he shows up.
    THEN I can get a few things going.   
    That's about the only time this is worth it.
    Wasted it once already placing some dumb decor.   

GG I REALLY wish you would give US the option of when to use the "extra" slot and when to let it wait.

But I'll consider this just one more broken thing and work around it as explained. 
  • vbillyboy55 (AU1)vbillyboy55 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 214
    Answer ✓
    Does that mean I can update more than one field at a time.  Thanks  
  • White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    Answer ✓
    Yes @vbillyboy55 (AU1) you get the first field started in coin slot, then second field will go to original slot. That is the reason so many wanted another slot.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    hey guys i have 2 construction tokens and they  lost 2nd time so i think i am the only  luckiest person in the who is losing token in the limit or some one else is as well  :#:#:#:#
  • WHATTTTTTTTT??????

I had 50 coins. I saw the Architect and started an upgrade. ONE upgrade. Next .... *Poooooof*... All my construction coins are gone.

GGS, please fix this damn bug and return my coins!!!!

We are really getting sick and tired of nothing ever working the way it should. 
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    That is how it is supposed to be, that's as announced. If you have 50 coins it will use them for the very next build.  I don't like it either but it isn't a bug.  :¬(
  • ape-regina (INT1)ape-regina (INT1) INT1 Posts: 45
    edited 09.04.2018
    I had 60 coins, but I could not do the second upgrade because the first one took me 50 coins ....

In addition, a farmer of my coop has been left with no coins, just because he has put a new decoration in his farm. GGS, why do you introduce innovations that you can not manage, which add problems to unresolved problems?
    That is how it is supposed to be, that's as announced. If you have 50 coins it will use them for the very next build.  I don't like it either but it isn't a bug.  :¬(
    yes, but with 50 we should have the opportunity to make 2 upgrades, not just one ...
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    Regina - have you checked the two tabs on the right-hand side of the construction window?  You are right that you should be able to do two builds if you had 5 coins when Steve arrived.  Is your current running architect upgrade on the house showing in the Globe tab or the Coin tab?  I suspect that it is in the Coin tab as you say your 50 coins were used when you did saw the architect and started the upgrade.  If your Globe tab is not showing an upgrade in progress, then that is your slot for doing a second build.

As for you Coop mate that used his coins on a deco build - that a real drag, but we were told how the mechanism works and warned to plan carefully.  Remember - as soon as you have accumulated 50 coins, the very next item you build will use the extra slot and coins.
  • That is how it is supposed to be, that's as announced. If you have 50 coins it will use them for the very next build.  I don't like it either but it isn't a bug.  :¬(
    Uncle John, please read my post.

I was upgrading ONE cow. NOT more than one.

edited 09.04.2018

Yes, but even if you start just one upgrade, the system takes the coins first, no matter which slot you've chosen. They refer to it as the "second upgrade slot" when it's actually the first one each and every time you have 50 coins in your inventory. Bad set up, but Uncle John is right, that's how it's supposed to work.
    Adding: be thankful you didn't place a deco and burned those coins on a 7-sec. build. 
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049

So, go and start another building upgrade. First upgrade after gaining 50 coins goes to new slot, giving you the oportunity to use old building slot one more time. So if you do not start the second construction at the time the first one finishes, the coins will indeed go to waste. 
  • Thanks for your reply aaabbb1 :))

But... I still don't like the set-up ehehe
  • Thanks to artful for reply too :))

Regina - have you checked the two tabs on the right-hand side of the construction window?  You are right that you should be able to do two builds if you had 5 coins when Steve arrived.  Is your current running architect upgrade on the house showing in the Globe tab or the Coin tab?  I suspect that it is in the Coin tab as you say your 50 coins were used when you did saw the architect and started the upgrade.  If your Globe tab is not showing an upgrade in progress, then that is your slot for doing a second build.

As for you Coop mate that used his coins on a deco build - that a real drag, but we were told how the mechanism works and warned to plan carefully.  Remember - as soon as you have accumulated 50 coins, the very next item you build will use the extra slot and coins.
    Thank you for the advice, Lylu
    Thanks for your reply aaabbb1 :))

But... I still don't like the set-up ehehe
    Sorry for not replying, been afk all day.  I don't like the set-up either but... 
  • After having been warned that accidentally using these building coins is too easy, and after warning my coop about this issue, I myself also succeeded eventually in losing my building coins on a futile Deco.

With this new building slot, another negative aspect has been added to the game. It feels like GGS is presenting us a cookie with one hand and taking it back with the other. The only way to achieve it is to pay attention all the time. And I don't want all that pressure! I want my game to be relaxing and pleasant, including some hard work which is honestly rewarded.

I really don't want to join the Complainers Club on this Forum, because it's my nature to stay positive, and to flip-think all obstacles that come in my way. But on the other hand.. this time I felt the need to give GGS my feedback.

Please, rethink this feature, f.e. add an additional screen before spending the building coins (like we are asking for the spending gold)... Thank you
    After having been warned that accidentally using these building coins is too easy, and after warning my coop about this issue, I myself also succeeded eventually in losing my building coins on a futile Deco.

With this new building slot, another negative aspect has been added to the game. It feels like GGS is presenting us a cookie with one hand and taking it back with the other. The only way to achieve it is to pay attention all the time. And I don't want all that pressure! I want my game to be relaxing and pleasant, including some hard work which is honestly rewarded.

I really don't want to join the Complainers Club on this Forum, because it's my nature to stay positive, and to flip-think all obstacles that come in my way. But on the other hand.. this time I felt the need to give GGS my feedback.

Please, rethink this feature, f.e. add an additional screen before spending the building coins (like we are asking for the spending gold)... Thank you
    So agree !!
    All they have to do is switch the priority so the game always uses the normal slot if it is available and only uses the coin slot if we try to start a second construction. This would still require attention to avoid wasting coins but would not be such a deliberate trap.
    edited 10.04.2018
    After having been warned that accidentally using these building coins is too easy, and after warning my coop about this issue, I myself also succeeded eventually in losing my building coins on a futile Deco.

So agree !!
    All they have to do is switch the priority so the game always uses the normal slot if it is available and only uses the coin slot if we try to start a second construction. This would still require attention to avoid wasting coins but would not be such a deliberate trap.
    Except some would prefer to use the coin slot first -- start a long construction, then use the regular slot several times, if possible, while the coin slot is still running. By using the regular slot first, we lose that option.

Better to let us choose when to use the coins -- a simple confirm button is all that is needed.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I agree @artful (US1) 100%. Please consider this GGS programmers. A simple confirm button would be perfect. Although I love the 2nd building slot, as it is right now it just adds more frustration to the game.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 10.04.2018
    @artful (US1)  I agree with you also, artful.  Just imagine how many players have wasted their construction tokens just by starting an upgrade or a simple 6 second deco build.  :'(    Let the players decide when they use the tokens!  
    @artful (US1)  I agree with you also, artful.  Just imagine how many players have wasted their construction tokens just by starting an upgrade or a simple 6 second deco build.  :'(    Let the players decide when they use the tokens!  
    Yep! :)

I stand corrected @artful (US1) , I hadn't thought of that possibility, I was concentrating on ease of programming and hence likelihood of getting it. but you are right.  :¬)

Had 51 in my inventory when I logged on this morning.  Stayed at 51 until our coop won 9 more. This put me at 60. Logged out, logged back on -- still 60.

A half hour later, the total goes back to 51 as I am playing. What happened, do you suppose, and has this happened to anyone else?
Sign In to comment.