Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 15th- Welcome to the Village Fair; Walk right in! - Discussion

Comments

• And let's not forget the other thing you got wrong - The Horse Season
    Just thought I would mention another fault of yours GGS.  
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 22.08.2018
    Am I wrong in thinking we can only get the coop support rewards only ONCE?  Playing a 13 hour challenge can yield all 100 prizes.   What's left after that, battling it out for a lame deco?  This whole "too many rewards given" stuff is giving me a headache. 
    I am under the impression that SUPPORT Rewards are designed to be won more than once, so long as you pick a different challenge every time.

The video even says (@ Time Stamp 1:05) "You can also win these Challenge Support Rewards. These rewards will be available once per event, per challenge", which would indicate that you can win them for every challenge you do (so long as you don't repeat the same challenge twice).

If that's incorrect, then they need to change the video. :)
  • what GGS is proposing to do seems to me nothing less than theft.  If I have understood the removal of goods is to be based on the amount of time that was played.  That takes no consideration into type of stock used to start production.  Can you honestly say you know if seaweed or gold have been used to increase production.  Are you able to tell how many stables or fields etc each player has used for what crops? Do you know if a player on line is actually farming?  With the horrendous time lag we experienced many players constantly logged off to come back in time for harvests.  Will they be penalised for not sitting in front of a frozen screen? How you can say you will only remove items that were given in error is a mystery.  If your records of our play are that good then why is it so difficult to prove any thing we complain about.  Missing decs comes to mind.  If you cant show us a screen shot proving the item was given in error then leave our rewards alone.  There comes a point where enough is enough and we won't spend any more real money only to risk loosing what we have paid for.  This roll out of a new event is a shambles.  You would have been better spending your time in fixing the current backlog of bugs rather than creating a load of new ones. 

• Joybells (US1)Joybells (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    OK..so before reading the forum, I opened the silver and gold boxes that were in my inventory.  Now they want to take them back...which they obviously can't do...so will I be punished for opening them without knowing they weren't really mine? I do not wish to be banned again, for a mistake made on their part, although it might be a sign to move on to something else.
  • Seriously! What a mess! I know GGS is all into what is "fair", but you messed up. Imagine how upset the players will be when they lose the rewards. I have NEVER seen a game go after its players like GGS does. You goofed. Man-up and deal with it. Stop goofing up! As to the unfair advantage - well players that have money have an unfair advantage, too and GGS ALWAY panders to those. So what? Give it to everyone across the board to make it fair. It is all virtual anyway. Imagine if you were a teacher and you tried to do this in a classroom. Think of another solution. Part of this game is problem solving. Maybe you should do some, too.

After reading your announcement, I wondered, "Is this turning into another debacle where GGS locks players out of their games because they made Honey cream when GGS was selling it for more than it should sell?" I never agreed with what you did there, but I never said anything - just felt sorry for the players. But after a few of these, (Do we all remember the Deep-Sea Fiasco?) I am getting very tired of GGS and the way they treat their players. I like being treated well and I don't like GGS's bad attitude towards its customers. Just saying!
  • sez4 (AU1)sez4 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 4
    The co-op that I'm in was 7th on the ladder & thus should have received some mystery boxes as a prize for that level.   This morning, 23rd August, there were no such mystery boxes popping up on the screen.

What happened to our mystery boxes that were won for our achievement?  This could not be a part of the bug that gave some players extra prizes as we weren't able do a lot of the event to have received all of the prize levels.

So where are our mystery boxes????
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Am I wrong in thinking we can only get the coop support rewards only ONCE?  Playing a 13 hour challenge can yield all 100 prizes.   What's left after that, battling it out for a lame deco?  This whole "too many rewards given" stuff is giving me a headache. 
    I am under the impression that SUPPORT Rewards are designed to be won more than once, so long as you pick a different challenge every time.

The video even says (@ Time Stamp 1:05) "You can also win these Challenge Support Rewards. These rewards will be available once per event, per challenge", which would indicate that you can win them for every challenge you do (so long as you don't repeat the same challenge twice).

Yep, you're right, Southern.  That's the way it worked.  If a challenge gave you 2 Support awards, you won the first two awards with each 2-award challenge.  If it was 4 support awards, you won the first 4 awards - over and over and over.  The only way to get all 100 awards was to do a LOOOOONG challenge.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Nothing like going back on your own words GGS!
  • Do you realize you place no trust in your customers? You could have simply said there was a problem and you needed our help to keep the integrity of the game. Many of us would have volunteered to give back those ill-gotten goods. We didn't set out to cheat you and realize mistakes happen. We've dealt with your mistakes so often lately that we're unable to buy gold anymore. The edge plants, the ship, the WoF disaster, the wrong horse season, and yet we've remained loyal customers, still purchasing gold. How do you expect us to believe in you when you don't believe in us? How can we buy gold today and learn tomorrow that we're losing that because there's a bug somewhere else? Will the ship work correctly in a few days when the new temp island starts? You want us to have faith in your ability, but you aren't showing us that same faith. It really saddens me that people invested so much time and money in a game and you are letting us down again.
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 23.08.2018
    CM_Hunter said:
    Unless you can state that that people won Gold Licenses and other big things that they should not have, this should not happen.

I can categorically state that people won Gold licenses and other big things they should not have. It's the only reason a removal was suggested and we don't intend to remove anything anyone should have in their account, the exact issues is that people gained more than was intended due to a couple of bugs in the event that didn't show up on our test servers.
    Should anyone have won any at all?  The HardWorker rewards provide for three.  Should people have been able to win those three?
    Yes, lots of people won all of the HW rewards, I think the GMLs were 49/50 & the deco was 50/50.
    You purchase a new car and two days later the dealership realizes they didn't charge you for the power seat and air conditioning, they will not come back and demand payment for those items because there was a contract for that car. Go to the grocery store and buy five pound of fruit, not knowing their scales they used were broken, but they won't expect you to give back something because their scale was broken. They won't chase you down to pay for that fruit. Successful businesses do not operate in that manner. These customers of GGS purchased gold in good faith and now you want to show that we cannot trust you to do business in a standard manner. Sometimes you are the ones who need to experience the losses and learn from your mistakes, not us. I can't see me ever buying gold again for anything related to GGS because I can't trust you to do fair business with me. I'm sorry if you had losses, but now you've created a case of buyer beware. If I leave the game I have absolutely nothing for my hard work and countless hours, but you'll still have the money from my credit card. 
    Businesses experience losses all the time one way or another, whether it is like you described or through shoplifters or whatever & they have various ways of offsetting them, such as insurance & raising prices, usually resulting in the all their customers paying for the benefits that only few received. That would be like saying, there are now too many GMLs or seaweed items in the game, instead of taking them back from those who got them by accident, remove them as rewards from all events so that no one can win any for the next 6 months to balance things up again, I am sure that no one would think that would be very fair either. I am  not saying that is the case, I have no idea how their balancing works, I am just saying that in your examples you make it sound like there are no consequences, when in reality there usually are. As for your comments about losses, no one is supposed to be losing anything that they legitimately bought or earned & no one would have played the event with the expectation of a bug that would give them extra items.

That is correct @Southern (US1) you can win the support rewards available in each challenge, but if you repeat the same challenge you do not win them again for that challenge. So if you only did challenges with all 100 rewards and you only played each one once, you could get all 100 rewards each time.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    So now im confused on what to do with my gold boxes. I'm sure GGS's tracking system is about as real and as useful as the automated reward system but say there is one and it acknowledges that I did win just the 3 gml's during the event whats happens if I open the gold boxes and I win another 3? The system will say I won 6 gml's and take 3 from me? If I don;t open the boxes and leave them alone till after the take back will my boxes suddenly disappear? This is just a total disaster.....mistake made by GGS so why are we being punished for it?

Again I ask how this is legal?You advertise a prize, some players pay real money to win the prize advertised then all of a sudden its all a mistake, here have a giant panda balloon?
  • paroma (IN1)paroma (IN1) IN1 Posts: 45
    There are some players like me who often don't have the time to track down every single reward they should get. Half the time I don't know how many seaweed I have, and how many I am supposed to get as a reward. How is it my fault if GGS gives more than it should ? And how am I to know that GGS won't take back more than they have given ? There is no incentive to trust them any more. For the record I think we should have got some rewards because our coop ranked fourth. But there was absolutely nothing, no pop-ups this morning. So we took all the trouble, and sorted out some problems within the coop, all for nothing ? Get a grip !!
  • Mac (AU1)Mac (AU1) AU1 Posts: 14
    What happened to the final reward from the village fair?  I can't remember where my co-op ended up on the leaderboard at the end.  I'm sure it was fairly high up so would have received some final reward at the end of the fair.

But no!  Nothing when I signed on today.  Where did it/they go?
    You have company. We received nothing either,and we are fourth. 
  • There are some players like me who often don't have the time to track down every single reward they should get. Half the time I don't know how many seaweed I have, and how many I am supposed to get as a reward. How is it my fault if GGS gives more than it should ? And how am I to know that GGS won't take back more than they have given ? There is no incentive to trust them any more. For the record I think we should have got some rewards because our coop ranked fourth. But there was absolutely nothing, no pop-ups this morning. So we took all the trouble, and sorted out some problems within the coop, all for nothing ? Get a grip !!
    @paroma (IN1) We just asked about the end of event pop-ups, as we didn`t get one either, from what I can remember 4th place was 3 Gold Mystery Boxes.

@ Everyone - "VF ending popup was a display issue, we did an investigation and the rewards were handed out exactly as intended but the popup didn't trigger for a lot of people. We know the problem, will fix it for next time."
  • @ Everyone - "VF ending popup was a display issue, we did an investigation and the rewards were handed out exactly as intended but the popup didn't trigger for a lot of people. We know the problem, will fix it for next time."

Community Guidelines | GGS TOS | How to Clear your Cache |  Click to Contact Support

"I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions!" - Caine

I wish I could trust it will be fixed. Did you empty your cache? So many times we have lost things and were told they were in the cache. They weren't, but you didn't bother putting them back in our inventories. We had to suck it up. I think you lost them in the cache.
  • im got all i think well got deco prancing unicorn and few boxes
  • durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    There was a myth used to be believed by old-timers in Bengal that goes like this: Someone who takes away something that was given unconditionally earlier, is born in his next incarnation as a dog that roves around Kalighat temple in Kolkata
    No malice intended. It just occurred to me that Germans may know of the myth. Gunter Grass mentioned of it in one of his novels (probably, Show Your Tongue). 
    By the way, this is goddess Kali:-

And these are some stray dogs of Kalighat:-

• RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250

I wish I could trust it will be fixed. Did you empty your cache? So many times we have lost things and were told they were in the cache. They weren't, but you didn't bother putting them back in our inventories. We had to suck it up. I think you lost them in the cache.
    Farmer Kissy, are you just making a general statement here or do you mean that you personally did not receive any of the ranking rewards that you were expecting at the end of the event ?

"VF ending popup was a display issue, we did an investigation and the rewards were handed out exactly as intended but the popup didn't trigger for a lot of people."

This ^^^ refers to the pop-up that usually appears on your screen when an event has finished, to give information about your rank at the end of the event, as well as what you may have won, based on this rank. 

It's worth noting that no items are "kept" in your cache - it merely stores information for
    short periods of time.  The reason why you are asked to clear your cache from time to time is so that the old, outdated info relating to the game you are playing can be substituted with new, up-to-date information. 

For eg. If you just won a decoration in an event and it does not immediately show up in your inventory, the most likely explanation is that your computer is still accessing "old" information about your game, in which the deco "does not yet exist".
    So you clear the cache to make room for the new info, and voila, there is the deco now, visible to you in your inventory.
    So you can see, I hope, that the recommendation to "clear your cache" is a very sensible one and worth repeating because people (including myself) invariably forget to do it. 

• How nice!

Glad to see my questions are totally ignored!  No surprise there then!  I'll ask them once more and see if anyone sees fit to reply :

The rewards issued in error have not yet been removed.  The cc has started already.  Some players will have used their wrongly issued rewards to play in the cc - giving their co-ops a massive advantage, if the 'thousands' given in error is a correct figure.  So GGS will not be able to recover the items and some co-ops out there will have a very unfair advantage.

What are you going to do about this GGS?

How will you recover rewards that have already been spent/used?

Will the CC still run and what will you do about the unfair advantage some co-ops will have as a result of the cock-up?

I wont thank anyone in advance, as I very much doubt my questions will get answered.
  • So those players are punished again who are active? Congratulations GGS, you are bottom.
    Thank you wabbit for that bit of information about pop-ups. But the main concerns still remain.
  • Thank you wabbit for that bit of information about pop-ups. But the main concerns still remain.
    @paroma (IN1) You don`t say which league your coop was in, but the ranking rewards for 1-5 and 1-10 were 2 & 3 gold mystery boxes in the diamond league, so you should have got both of those for 4th place.
  • shy90 (US1)shy90 (US1) US1 Posts: 21
    I did not receive my rewards and my ranking was in the top 10 for my league and i think i was in the silver league 
  • shy90 (US1)shy90 (US1) US1 Posts: 21
    I did delete my cache and still no rewards.
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    How nice!

Glad to see my questions are totally ignored!

We have a lot of players around the world, please do be patient and we will get to what we can, when we can. We try to answer everything we can and we appreciate your patience but there are very few of us dealing with a large number of global players and a multitude of topics besides this one.

...I very much doubt my questions will get answered.
    Too soon :D
    The rewards issued in error have not yet been removed.  The cc has started already.  Some players will have used their wrongly issued rewards to play in the cc - giving their co-ops a massive advantage, if the 'thousands' given in error is a correct figure.  So GGS will not be able to recover the items and some co-ops out there will have a very unfair advantage.
    We can only do one thing or the other, not both. We either remove items or we don't and either way there will be some upset. If we leave things, the upset is more long term and affects various events and the economy, if we remove things it affects this current event and not so much the overall economy. As Wabbit posted earlier in this thread, the balance of the economy has to come back in some way after an issue like this or it won't be long until the game is not viable anymore. We are taking the best option available to us considering the circumstances. We can't please everyone 100% but we feel we've found a good middle ground. Pretty much everyone will have earned more form the event than was intended or at the minimum the amount they should have earned, whereas if we leave things the gap is a heck of a lot higher for a heck of a lot longer.

I did not receive my rewards and my ranking was in the top 10 for my league and i think i was in the silver league 
    Try getting in touch with our support team in that case. Are you certain you were in the top 10? Do remember that generally speaking, ranking screens are not 100% correct on a second-by-second basis, or if you were offline when the event ended it could be you were taken over in the final moments. Or there really could have been an error in your case. Our support guys should be able to assist you there :)
    A cache is essentially a list of stored information about websites you visit. Sometimes clearing this can help as previously saved information can occasionally cause a mismatch between what you see on-screen and what data we have in our servers. In some cases, like the VF dialogue, data in your cache prevents it from being shown but in this case we had our guys check it out and they saw that rewards were all credited as they should have been based on the ranks gained in the event. We hope to have it fixed for the next run, and in addition to this, we will also be adding a permanent home for the VF in the village on the hill. Here you'll be able to check out previous scores even when the event is not running so you will have an alternate option as well.

gizmo22 (AU1) said:
    Again I ask how this is legal?You advertise a prize, some players pay real money to win the prize advertised then all of a sudden its all a mistake, here have a giant panda balloon? 
    The prizes advertised were not all that was won and we're not taking anything away that we advertised. We advertised one set of hard worker rewards per event and one set of challenge rewards per challenge, per event. Via a bug, challenge rewards were given out, in some cases, multiple times in a single challenge. Hard worker rewards were also given out multiple times in this event to some players. Those are the things we're removing and not the amount that was mentioned in the reward lines.

Just to give you all a bit of an explanation as to how the calculations have been come to, here's what we have come up with:
    • Hard work rewards can be gained only once, sometimes people gained more than 1x the amounts shown and we can see when that happened to each player in the event.
    • We will remove only this calculated amount from the hard work rewards. If you have already spent some of the extra items it is possible you will end up with none in your inventory, but you have already had the benefit of the items you gained in comparison to those who did not gain anything extra.
    • For seaweed and speed fertiliszers (from the challenge support rewards) we have calculated a maximum amount that could be gained during the event runtime as if the player had been playing 24/7 (far longer than anyone could possibly have played legitimately).
    • In the case a player has more than this amount (which is extremely high due to the 24/7 calculation) the additional items after this amount will be removed.
    I grant you, it's not 100% perfect but do bear in mind we're leaving with a lot of extra items from the challenge rewards and the amount you will be left with after the removal (including items that were used already) will amount to more than was advertised or intended in the event. The panda balloon was my idea, hoped it might be a nice little addition as it's something you can't get anywhere else and we're genuinely sorry about all this happening, it isn't any more fun for us than it is for you guys and I for one don't relish in the negativity it has caused.

So, if you haven't read it already our lovely @RowdyRac mentioned it, but the removal is postponed until tomorrow. We'll give you more details when we have them. For now, it's getting a bit late on my side of the globe so I'll start packing up my knapsack and homework assignments for the day. Before I head off, a big thanks as always to our lovely critter mods for all their help, and all of our mods worldwide on the forums. They do an amazing job of keeping things together and when it comes down to it they are players like you guys, they often have the same questions and concerns as you do, but they manage to deal with things in a professional 
  • AmazingMurphy (GB1)AmazingMurphy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 572
    edited 23.08.2018
    Thank you CM Hunter - however, it is still very unfair that you will be able to remove items from some players and not others as they will have already used them in this current event.  Its also very unfair that the co-op those players belong to have an unfair advantage.  

I am fortunate enough to belong to a fantastic co-op who work hard and dont need any 'unearned' rewards to win, but I feel so sorry for some of the smaller co-ops who wont stand a chance against players with 'thousands' of unearned rewards.

I appreciate it is difficult situation now, but who on earth wasn't this thought about when making the decision as to the timing of the removal?  

Players I would imagine, wont stand for unfairness like this, especially when it could have been so easily avoided.

Anyway my questions (again): will you be attempting to remove items earned in the cc if players have used 'unearned' rewards to get them? how will you recover 'unearned' rewards from players that have already used them?  

Sorry but I cant see your answers to those very specific questions in your reply.  

To add a comment concerning something you have said.  You mention the balance of economy having to come back else the game wont be viable.  Perhaps you should tell the staff that caused the error that as I fail to see how the players can have any bearing on that one - unless of course you are saying we should spend more on gold!  Tell you what - you give us a game that works, without double xp issues, edge plant issues, wrong fruit issues, wrong horse season issues, wrong prizes being awarded, a horrible laggy system, and maybe I'll show you my credit card again, but till then - well dont hold your breath. 

Edited to combine 2 consecutive posts  ||  Rowdy
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250

Anyway my questions (again): will you be attempting to remove items earned in the cc if players have used 'unearned' rewards to get them? how will you recover 'unearned' rewards from players that have already used them?  

Sorry but I cant see your answers to those very specific questions in your reply.  

CM_Hunter said:  "If we leave things, the upset is more long term and affects various events and the economy, if we remove things it affects this current event and not so much the overall economy. "

Note please that I am speaking here based on my own interpretation of what is being said.
    My take-away from this is that the present CC will possibly be adversely affected by the "unearned" rewards but their effect on the overall economy of the game would be immediately lessened by that, as well as, of course, the removal of said items.
    With regard to the smaller coops you mention -  there will be CC's after this one (and many, most likely ! :D ) where they can take up the battle against other coops in all earnest again.

He also said:  "
    • "We will remove only this calculated amount from the hard work rewards. If you have already spent some of the extra items it is possible you will end up with none in your inventory, but you have already had the benefit of the items you gained in comparison to those who did not gain anything extra."
    Say you received a hypothetical 20 "unearned" silver mystery boxes (just an example) from the event, the removal code will attempt to remove 20 silver mystery boxes from your inventory. Period.
    If it finds 41 silver mystery boxes there, it will remove 20 of those.
    If it finds your inventory empty of silver mystery boxes it can obviously not remove anything.

• grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    CM_Hunter said:

Just to give you all a bit of an explanation as to how the calculations have been come to, here's what we have come up with:
    • For seaweed and speed fertiliszers (from the challenge support rewards) we have calculated a maximum amount that could be gained during the event runtime as if the player had been playing 24/7 (far longer than anyone could possibly have played legitimately).
    • In the case a player has more than this amount (which is extremely high due to the 24/7 calculation) the additional items after this amount will be removed.

Really? And what about players (like me) who bought lots of seaweed humus (or other seaweed stuff) during the event? Since Barnacle is still asking for tropcal fruit for me, I have to use my runestones on something worthwile....
    The team is big enough to calculate everything taking into account items bought or won during the event for individual players but to small to adress bugs in the game for months?
    I'm sorry but it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. :/
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Sorry, my novel got a bit cut off there. All I wanted to say at the end there was thank you so much to our wonderful mods on every forum and that I'm heading home for now and thank you all for keeping the conversation going and sharing your thoughts. You have no idea how valuable it is to me!

AmazingMurphy (GB1) said:
    You mention the balance of economy having to come back else the game wont be viable.  Perhaps you should tell the staff that caused the error that as I fail to see how the players can have any bearing on that one
    The items causing the imbalance are in players accounts and the use of them is what causes the economy to shift so there's a direct correlation between all three points there. Wabbit's example was that if we didn't remove things we might have to do something like raising the cost of GMLs or removing them from all events for a while to get the balance back, we didn't even consider that option because it's not something we want and we don't think it's something the majority of players would be happy with.

Right, now home time for realsies. Thanks all, and have a luvverly evening!
Sign In to comment.