Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 15th- Welcome to the Village Fair; Walk right in! - Discussion

Comments

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Am I wrong in thinking we can only get the coop support rewards only ONCE?  Playing a 13 hour challenge can yield all 100 prizes.   What's left after that, battling it out for a lame deco?  This whole "too many rewards given" stuff is giving me a headache. 
  • So from your post WW are we right in thinking that even if you did not receive duplicates of the gml's you will still take the 3 back that were won fairly?  If so then that is a diabolical way to treat players who worked for that reward, used accumulated seaweed items, spent gold etc.  

To do that will I believe, cost GGS dear as many will leave the game.

Why would they take the 3 GML's away, isn't that the target everyone playing this even was aiming for? My understanding of the announcement was that only the multiple bugged rewards people won would be taken away or have I misread and this is just a case of take everything of value away from the player even if they had it before the event?
    @AmazingMurphy (GB1) Not sure where you got that from my post, but I haven`t had my 2nd pitcher of caffeine yet, so maybe I was unclear, the plan is only to remove excess items & not all of them, so no one should have less than they earned & many items that they have too many of, will not be removed.

farmgirlmimi43 (US1) said:

@WascallyWabbit Did the team take into account that all of the challenge support rewards could be won more than once?  My co-op was doing mainly five hour challenges for the majority of the event, using earned boosters to increase our points and not repeating challenges. We won "crazy high amounts' of some things like feed and fertilizer through hard work, not a bug in the game.

@farmgirlmimi43 (US1) Yes, they are aware that they are won multiple times & should be considering that in the numbers - By the way, those very high booster numbers are a bug, so don't expect to see them next time that the event is run.
  • @WascallyWabbit May I ask why you didn't send out this notice like you would a championship result? People who don't watch the forums are continuing to spend and you could stop that insanity by sending them a message in game to tell them there is a huge problem and they shouldn't spend their resources. Call it crazy, but it just might save additional pain to the customers.
  • PCA (GB1) said:

I am so sorry @WascallyWabbit but I really need to ask why are you trying to confound the situation with your answer. It seems to me you are the one who has misunderstood the situation

You are talking about support items coming in the wrong amounts, thousands or tens of thousands, but @CM_hunter did not mention they will take those items away, he mentioned a list of items which are part of the 50 hard work rewards and not part of the support rewards, and I don't see the connection between the two groups or rewards

So now the cards on the table seem different, we won too many support rewards, hence GGS needs to take back the hard work rewards and possibly whatever is in the inventory even if it wasn't won during this event.  This is insane !!!  Where is the logic ?

What could those support reward do ? Help us get to the 50 hard work rewards ? LOL  

Is GGS assuming players used thousands or 10s of thousands speed fertilizer in each challenge ? Because if anyone did they must have used their own gold. How instead if people used their own resources to achieve their goal ?

I personally haven't used a single piece of the speed items and I have been annoyed by the excessive fertilizer and humus given I keep the inventory full at all times, the extra has interfered with regular production of these items and had to be sold.  What is GGS going to do about it ? Take the farm cash back ?  Nope, once again they aren't scared of farm cash, they are scared of gold sales going down, which incidentally is exactly what they are about to provoke with their brainless actions

"....we are taking care to ensure that no more is removed than necessary or just. This has been calculated by taking an average play time during the event and working out the maximum number of rewards it should have been possible to gain....." 

Its been calculated ! Not more than NECESSARY ?

This is pure BS ! And GGS sent Greta to the farms last night so that they have the excuse that multiple copies of the deco could have been destroyed and this gives them the right to act according to their "calculations", otherwise they would have to be listening to people like me who claims they won only 1

So am I " anxious about this latest news" ? NO !!! I am not anxious at all, I am totally pissed we have to deal with an incompetent lot and have to suffer losses because of their incompetence, lack of logic, lack of professionalism and irresponsible management

I am also totally pissed I have spent time over here rather than just play in the background as I do, and I mind that people justify at any level GGS management and their ineptitude 

@PCA (US1) CM Hunter clearly said "rewards have been credited to some users multiple times, such as challenge support and hard work items" but not all the items will be removed, the only ones on the support list appear to be the excess speedy fertilizers, the extras for the other items will be left where they are. The bug (for both lists) will be fixed in the hotfix just announced.  Sorry but I really don't know what your comment about Greta and the decos means.

@WascallyWabbit May I ask why you didn't send out this notice like you would a championship result? People who don't watch the forums are continuing to spend and you could stop that insanity by sending them a message in game to tell them there is a huge problem and they shouldn't spend their resources. Call it crazy, but it just might save additional pain to the customers.
    @Farmer Kissy (US1)  In game messages are not as simple as they seem, they take a lot of translating & organizing. There is no problem with continuing to play the event & after the hotfix, there will be no more extra rewards given, so the last few hours of the event should be bug free.

@ Everyone - With regard to items that you already owned before the event, here is what we have been told: "We can track both separately, the tracking in the event tells us which items were won, therefore any items outside of that number were bought or gained before the event."
  • @WascallyWabbit May I ask why you didn't send out this notice like you would a championship result? People who don't watch the forums are continuing to spend and you could stop that insanity by sending them a message in game to tell them there is a huge problem and they shouldn't spend their resources. Call it crazy, but it just might save additional pain to the customers.
    @Farmer Kissy (US1)  In game messages are not as simple as they seem, they take a lot of translating & organizing. There is no problem with continuing to play the event & after the hotfix, there will be no more extra rewards given, so the last few hours of the event should be bug free.

@ Everyone - With regard to items that you already owned before the event, here is what we have been told: "We can track both separately, the tracking in the event tells us which items were won, therefore any items outside of that number were bought or gained before the event."

• didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246

So this is an approvement...from when you had the Booster probs, and you emptied ppls accounts for what they had saved up. That was exactly what you couldn't do then-and therefor everything was removed from many player accounts.

Good if this is the truth - then more has happened over the Summer, than it seems to! Nice, good, thanks WW - if it comes from you, I know it's correct.:)

didah

• 24KSan (US1)24KSan (US1) US1 Posts: 95
    edited 22.08.2018
    "Be Very Afraid",

I did not get any gold mining license's, seaweed fert, gold/silver treasure boxes or hummus, but I sure can see GGS taking  these hard earned products away, along with the speedy fertilizers & decos given away in error.   

I can't see this ending well.....Just my Opinion.

• I'm curious about the gold/silver treasure boxes that were earned multiple times because of the bug. I'm guessing they all have been opened by those who read the forum. How is it planned to remove those effects?

Also, you can't say we didn't know how much of items we were suppose to get. I couldn't scroll more than 10 items in the support category without it resetting to where I was. That means I couldn't add up what rewards were suppose to be earned.

I can't wait for the white elephant decoration, I mean panda. Either it is worthless or GGS is rewarding people for taking away what they shouldn't have had.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448

Unfortunately this isn't really applicable for a number of reasons. Translation software is very far from perfect and has different results in different languages. Translation software also does not take into account game-specific language, when we say 'reputation points' or 'WWC coins' you know what we mean because you have played the game and have a context for what that refers to, translation software has no context and so when that gets translated into the 15+ other languages on the servers it doesn't necessarily come out how you would expect or even in an understandable way, not to mention inconsistencies between languages and the length of a text increasing the chances of an error. This can also be quite offensive to our non-English speaking players worldwide because the information they would get is a shadow of what English speakers get and we would prefer to have players on an equal footing. 

Aside from that, as Wabbit mentioned, there is more to creating a server wide message than just typing it out and hitting send, so the organisational aspect of it extends to more than just getting translations done and includes technical aspects that must be considered and take time to put in place. It's possible we could suggest an easier way to send messages to the whole server but this would take time to build and wouldn't be in place before the end of the event anyway, so good for the future but in this situation it wouldn't have been possible due to the timings involved.

"Be Very Afraid"                                            
    I know you're nervous, we are doing our best to make sure this is done right for you all. We know we made a big old goof the last time this happened and so we're trying to treat this one delicately and learn from our errors of the past. Keep being awesome and keep speaking your mind ;)
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    I suppose i can kiss goodbye to all the ferts i purchased with temp farm earnings :(( If i do lose them i am seriously thinking of saying bye bye 
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    @WascallyWabbit

These things never go as planned.   I am correct to be nervous.  Unless you can state that that people won Gold Licenses and other big things that they should not have, this should not happen.

If gold or gold licenses are removed from my account, that is a big violation of the trust between me and GGS.  I will not ever purchase gold again, if this happens.  You can take that to the bank.

The speedy, bubblegum, fertlizer and liquid fertilizer.....take it all.  It did not exist before the event, and that is fair.  I have no more seaweed of any type than normal.  I will be watching these balances closely for theft by GGS.  I did use the word "theft" and not by accident.  I will be watching my gold and gold licenses for theft also.

This is one of those points, where you all "do not get it".  If I give you my money, there must be a minimum level of trust.  You are violating that trust.  You did this once before.  It took a long time for GGS to get past the damage that that did.  I try to ask people to be fair and give you all a chance, now and again.  I cannot do that in good conscious, when you are doing greedy, inept, bone-heading things like this.

Is what you are about to do....really worth the damage to the relationship that you are causing?.....no.
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    edited 22.08.2018
    Unless you can state that that people won Gold Licenses and other big things that they should not have, this should not happen.
    I can categorically state that people won Gold licenses and other big things they should not have. It's the only reason a removal was suggested and we don't intend to remove anything anyone should have in their account, the exact issues is that people gained more than was intended due to a couple of bugs in the event that didn't show up on our test servers.
  • Once again GGS presents to us a new event that is flawed,
    We play the game as it is presented, and therfore should not be penalized for doing so.
    This seems to be ongoing method of standard operations for GGS.

• OK GGS lets have one clear post from you stating exactly what it is you are going to take off people.  Forget trying to make the posts so complex no-one understands them, or so convoluted that we get bored reading them - just straight to the point.  What are you going to remove and from who?

Next question : if players had more than one deco credited to their account, and they have scrapped them as Greta has been on site, how to do intend to recover them?  You can't!  That still gives players who won them more than once an unfair advantage!  

As for trying to say things are tested - oh do come on!  If they were tested we wouldn't have lost all the double xp when we did, there wouldn't have been the edge plant issue, or the boat asking for the wrong fruits, now this!  You really must think your player base is stupid - which quite clearly we are not, so stop insulting our intelligence and at least be honest! 
    No one will know until the system figures it out.  We know the system can be flawed at times, hence my point to keep account of your inventories.  Now is the time to take screenshots (of the before) and more screenshots when it is over.  These will be proofs and should there be discrepancies, you will have a strong case to present to GGS.
  • Eowyn12 (HU1)Eowyn12 (HU1) HU1 Posts: 168
    Hi all,

may I ask why GGS's workers think they can do everything?

There is noone on Hungarian Server who won more Gold mine licences than 3 at all.

Maybe boosters were wrong. All right, I believe. I see the  high % of them.

But was it the mistake of the players????? Who asked you to start this event?????

Before starting in your announcements you communicated that you don't know how many mistakes will it causes, but you try to start this event whatever happens. So you knew that this event works wrong. And now you communicate that there are many players who won more gold mine licences than 3. Who are they? Noone said that "hey, here am I, I won 21 gold mine licences!" Show me these accounts!

It was too easy to reach the 3 gold mine licences. And now you know it . You have lost some money. That's why you say: "it is your fault dear player so we will now punish you."

That is very incorrect. Many players bought gold, used gold, used seeweed boosters in this wrong event. You earned money, lots of money during this days. 

Is it a crime? Of course this is.

• Hi all,

may I ask why GGS's workers think they can do everything?

There is noone on Hungarian Server who won more Gold mine licences than 3 at all.

Maybe boosters were wrong. All right, I believe. I see the  high % of them.

But was it the mistake of the players????? Who asked you to start this event?????

Before starting in your announcements you communicated that you don't know how many mistakes will it causes, but you try to start this event whatever happens. So you knew that this event works wrong. And now you communicate that there are many players who won more gold mine licences than 3. Who are they? Noone said that "hey, here am I, I won 21 gold mine licences!" Show me these accounts!

It was too easy to reach the 3 gold mine licences. And now you know it . You have lost some money. That's why you say: "it is your fault dear player so we will now punish you."

That is very incorrect. Many players bought gold, used gold, used seeweed boosters in this wrong event. You earned money, lots of money during this days. 

Is it a crime? Of course this is.

@Eowyn12 (HU1) You slightly misunderstood the 1st announcement, it was saying that they were not 100% sure what would happen with the old village league, when they removed it, because they wanted players to be able to complete any challenges that had already started & to be able to get their medals for it, even now it is not clear what has happened there. It was not saying that they expected any problems with the new event.

If no one on HU1 was given multiple rewards, in the Village fair event, as a result of the bug, then that is a good thing, as no one will have anything taken back. :)
  • 24KSan (US1)24KSan (US1) US1 Posts: 95
    No one will know until the system figures it out.  We know the system can be flawed at times, hence my point to keep account of your inventories.  Now is the time to take screenshots (of the before) and more screenshots when it is over.  These will be proofs and should there be discrepancies, you will have a strong case to present to GGS.
    I get your point, however, there should be no reason why we, the players have to keep track of our inventories in order to prove what we had.  I am tired of having to take screenshots for every time GGs puts out an event that is flawed.

If GGS tested these events properly, these issues would not be happening so frequently.

I am so frustrated to know that I  had to take multiple screenshots of EVERYTHING only to hold my breath  YET another time,  hoping  they don't delete what I've worked so hard for.

This  is getting to be the norm and it's not acceptable in my opinion.
  • Eowyn12 (HU1)Eowyn12 (HU1) HU1 Posts: 168
    @Eowyn12 (HU1) You slightly misunderstood the 1st announcement, it was saying that they were not 100% sure what would happen with the old village league, when they removed it, because they wanted players to be able to complete any challenges that had already started & to be able to get their medals for it, even now it is not clear what has happened there. It was not saying that they expected any problems with the new event.

If no one on HU1 was given multiple rewards, in the Village fair event, as a result of the bug, then that is a good thing, as no one will have anything taken back. :)

I understood it well. This event in the game on the same field where the leauge was. That's why mistakes happened, because not all of the league items were killed just some of them. That's why they couldn't promise that the new event will work right at all...

And about the good things: for example I had 0 gold mine licences before this event. I've got 6 in these few days. I won 3 on the new event, but I bought 2 from Omar and won 1 from a suprise box. What do you think will happen tomorrow? I will loose what I bought. 3000 gold is over.

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 22.08.2018
    CM_Hunter said:
    Unless you can state that that people won Gold Licenses and other big things that they should not have, this should not happen.
    I can categorically state that people won Gold licenses and other big things they should not have. It's the only reason a removal was suggested and  we don't intend to remove anything anyone should have in their account , the exact issues is that people gained more than was intended due to a couple of bugs in the event that didn't show up on our test servers.

@CM_Hunter

You are contradicting yourself: in this last post shown above you said the exact items which were gained during the event (but shouldnt have been ) will be removed.

In your original announcement instead you stated that GGS has performed a calculation which you (GGS) think is fair and should be ok for the players 

" ....We will not remove all of these items from your inventories and the calculation performed is one we feel is and fair and benefits most players..."

So which is it, an exact amount player by player, or a calculated amount which will be subtracted from every account ? Do you even know ?

The two statements are quite different from each other, make up your minds and let us know what is that you are planning to do while you improperly manipulate the data in players accounts

• Personally I think this event has been a stinker!  I have not gotten any seaweed humus, gold licenses, chests or decorations or anything good!! All I got was crappy fertilizer that just was invented for this event (lavender) and blue feed!  I have worked hard on this event. With only 6 members in my co-op its pretty hard trying to manage 3 million apples!!   Or 192,000 honey etc!! So you are stuck in short runs.  Even then you ask for wheat feed and citrus.  Hello wheat takes up to 15 hours for a full batch if your mill is completely built!!  Being a small co-op we get the short end of the stick again!  Forget about running boosters.  You took away the farm dollar option and at 100 coins per minute we cannot afford that!  Now there is another special decoration coming out and only certain people will get that!  Good Games you only care about large co-ops and you make it impossible for the little guy to ever get there!!
  • Eowyn12 (HU1) said:

And about the good things: for example I had 0 gold mine licences before this event. I've got 6 in these few days. I won 3 on the new event, but I bought 2 from Omar and won 1 from a suprise box. What do you think will happen tomorrow? I will loose what I bought. 3000 gold is over.

Based on what you say, it is my understanding that the event data will say that you should have won 3 & that you did in fact win 3, so nothing will change.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    CM_Hunter said:
    I can categorically state that people won Gold licenses and other big things they should not have. It's the only reason a removal was suggested and we don't intend to remove anything anyone should have in their account, the exact issues is that people gained more than was intended due to a couple of bugs in the event that didn't show up on our test servers.
    Should anyone have won any at all?  The HardWorker rewards provide for three.  Should people have been able to win those three?
  • The latest announcement regarding items being removed tomorrow quite simply shows GGS have no comprehension of how the game actually works!

A CC starts this evening.  So, players that have been given thousands of unearned rewards can use them to give their co-op a massive lead that will be unreachable by others that haven't been given the unearned rewards.  GGS won't be able to recover the seaweed items awarded in error as players will have used them already.

Great move GGS!  If it wasn't going to affect the average player I would actually be laughing my head off right now.

You quite simply cannot expect people to carry on playing your game, and buying gold when something is so badly broken.  Call it bugs, call it glitches, I call is poor programming and code and a lack of thorough testing.  Ask yourselves this, would you continue to spend money on something so badly broken?  No.  Then ask yourselves where your income comes from?  The players - the very people you are treating so shoddily.

Now a very valid question - when the players with thousands (as you say) of unearned rewards spend them to give their co-ops massive leads in the CC what will you do about it?  Punish everyone all over again?  Anger more players?  Let hose who have in effect cheated get away with it? Remember the removal of these items and the timing of it is your decision - and one that has quite obviously not been thought through at all.  

If your own staff cannot see what this decision will cause - for goodness sake ask the players - we seem to have a better understanding of the game than you do.
  • I have already posted this on the village fair thread, but as it has such a massive effect on the whole game felt it best to start a new thread.

GGS have said the rewards given in their 'thousands' in error will be removed tomorrow.

A CC starts this evening.

So, players that have the 'thousands' of unearned rewards (seaweed) can use them in the CC - giving their co-ops a massive lead unreachable by co-ops whose players haven't been given the rewards in error.  Also GGS won't then be able to recover the items as the players will have already used them.

Another well thought out decision from GGS.  If it wasn't going to affect so many players I'd be laughing my head off right now.  Why on earth does it take a player to think of this and not the paid staff?  

Next point is how will GGS deal with it once the above has happened?  Punish all players?  Let those who will have effectively cheated get away with it?  Try to recover the rewards earned in the CC that shouldn't have been earned?   Its another cock-up that could have been so easily avoided.

Its so ridiculous you couldn't make it up!  Do GGS have any comprehension of how the game actually works?  From this decision it would appear not.

Looking forward to the responses from ch_hunter and the mods - how are they going to explain this one!
  • Farmer Kissy (US1)Farmer Kissy (US1) US1 Posts: 320
    edited 22.08.2018
    You purchase a new car and two days later the dealership realizes they didn't charge you for the power seat and air conditioning, they will not come back and demand payment for those items because there was a contract for that car. Go to the grocery store and buy five pound of fruit, not knowing their scales they used were broken, but they won't expect you to give back something because their scale was broken. They won't chase you down to pay for that fruit. Successful businesses do not operate in that manner. These customers of GGS purchased gold in good faith and now you want to show that we cannot trust you to do business in a standard manner. Sometimes you are the ones who need to experience the losses and learn from your mistakes, not us. I can't see me ever buying gold again for anything related to GGS because I can't trust you to do fair business with me. I'm sorry if you had losses, but now you've created a case of buyer beware. If I leave the game I have absolutely nothing for my hard work and countless hours, but you'll still have the money from my credit card. 

Have you forgotten you have competitors out there who probably wouldn't treat their players this way?

Those are GGS words taken off your own website. I think it shows a direct mission for GGS that you are tossing out the window.
  • CM_Hunter said:
    Should anyone have won any at all?  The HardWorker rewards provide for three.  Should people have been able to win those three?
    I didn't even win 3 I'm a little jealous that everyone else won 3 and I only won 2. 
  • how can get thousand of seaweed?
Sign In to comment.