Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 15th- Welcome to the Village Fair; Walk right in! - Discussion

Comments

• buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    A note on earning Personal Rewards (especially for "younger" players with smaller farms.)

Be sure you're there at the BEGINNING of a challenge while the boosters are running.  This is where you'll make most of your points.  When the boosters run out your points per harvest drop to almost nothing.

So, the time to use your seaweed feed, get your friends to sparkle you, push with gold if you have a little to spend, is while the boosters are running.  When the boosters run out, keep harvesting to build more boosters for the next challenge, but don't expect to make many personal points.
  • Someone just started a long challenge, what a joke, 144,000 citrus fruits, I can get 288 in 12 hours, and over half my coop either doesn;t have the flower farm.  171,000 essence of Jasmine??? really, for the next 9 hours I am making aloe gel.  And to top it all off 1 million milk, well all my barns have been harvested already so 6 hours from now I can get a fraction of that.  It is very obvious to me that this is not something that can be done unless you are a multimillion dollar gold user with a huge coop.  The only rewards we have gotten so far are  some liquid fertilizer, regular chicken feed and seeds
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    How about "Cooperative Farm Isn't Fair".  ;) 

It might help if the default display shows the 1 star, not the 3. Beginners in particular don't know any other choices and just click something at random.

Another answer to only having leaders and deputies starting challenges might be that players below a certain level (30?) can only start 30 minute challenges.

• buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382

Another answer to only having leaders and deputies starting challenges might be that players below a certain level (30?) can only start 30 minute challenges.

Controlling your co-op is ESSENTIAL.  The mistakes that get made are 13-hour mistakes and frustrate the h*ll out of everyone.

What you suggest is pretty much what we did in our co-op.  NOBODY starts anything but 30-minute challenges.  Then we changed that to ONLY a couple of specific people who know what they're doing can start the challenges.  Don't you even TOUCH the Search button.  In fact, just take your hands away from your keyboard when you see it!  LOL!

Since then, things have gone pretty smoothly.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Thnx Artful. Ur sarcasm is justified, given the usual dilly-dally of GGS team. Still it's a welcome relief from the weekly exhaustion of CC.
    It's our coop description:

Does not Village Fair fit more to the description than CC?

My comments were very kindly meant as I agreed with your post 100%. I like the description of your coop very much. We try to keep ours along the same lines, too. 
  • woodenskull (US1)woodenskull (US1) US1 Posts: 158
    I play Big Farm from my home computer and at work. Plays great at home with 100 Mbps internet and a gaming computer. But at work with only 10 Mbps internet, the game has become completely unplayable due to the lag caused by the village fair.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

I like that compromise. If no deputies are on, then anyone can start a 30 minute challenge (and maybe lower the 10 minute delay to 5 minutes) and keep the points coming into the Co-Op and build up the bonuses.. Just limit the 1+ Hour challenges to Deputies & Leader.

I like that compromise. If no deputies are on, then anyone can start a 30 minute challenge (and maybe lower the 10 minute delay to 5 minutes) and keep the points coming into the Co-Op and build up the bonuses.. Just limit the 1+ Hour challenges to Deputies & Leader.
    This might actually work for us.  
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    https://prnt.sc/kjlme5.
    Mods please look at this and tell me how is it possible to complete such a task.How come the baskets are all frm flower farm.Surprising!!!!!!!!!!.
    Even with 100 members in a coop which includes the highest lvls and the lowest lvls nobody would have a well developed flower farm to collect so much in 13 hours .While programing and creating an event think about the viability of the task too.
    If this event is meant for skipping much than its a lost cause because nobody will skip so much when its impossible.Review and rework this event and make it interesting and worth playing.
    Maybe you should buy 13h of boosters : will only cost you 780 (min) x 100 gold and that 4 times .....just a measly 312.000 gold being less than 99.99 euro (with the doubler). But you will get great prizes for that.

Although you might better buy 1.560.000 gold at once since the event runs for 6 days and you might want to run the 13h challenge 6 days in a row, needing  1.872.000 gold for the boosters
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    edited 20.08.2018
    Now you'll know if you can squeeze in one more harvest or not before the challenge ends.

Always use a pencil so you'll only need to print 1 copy or grab a pen & paper to make yourself a copy of the above image.

Here is a printable version of the Harvest times reference sheet: http://crazybigfarm.tk/printable/harvest_times.htm
    Post edited by CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) on
    Now you'll know if you can squeeze in one more harvest or not before the challenge ends.

Always use a pencil so you'll only need to print 1 copy or grab a pen & paper to make yourself a copy of the above image.

Here is a printable version of the Harvest times reference sheet: http://crazybigfarm.tk/printable/harvest_times.htm
    Thanks CBF! :)

I'm gonna take that sucker to OfficeMax and have them laminate it.. Then I can just use a dry erase marker. :)
    Thank is a great idea @Southern (US1)!! 
    Riddle me this, Batman: If it's called the "Village Fair," why isn't it accessible from the Village?
    Riddle me this, Batman: If it's called the "Village Fair," why isn't it accessible from the Village?
    If you look on this page: https://bigfarm.community/village-fair/  you'll notice that a new building is coming soon to the village :)
    It is, the "Show Me!" button works in the Village.

They just may have not added the icons for the stuff on the hill yet, though. 

It's strange though, there's still something "there".. My pointer still turns into a hand icon when I mouse over where the Village League wagons used to be.. Like they're still there, just invisible.. :)
  • So now that the Village fair is running, I am wondering why we are not getting any challenge support rewards?  Myself and co-op members have been participating in this event yet we still have earned none of the rewards?

• garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    If you are doing challenges, then you are getting support items with each challenge . You get the first 2 with a 30 minute challenge, the first 4 with a 60 minute one and so on, and you only have to do a fraction of the challenge to get all the support items due on the challenge , if you want to get all 100, you will need a 12 or 13 hour challenge 
    . If you check your inventory, you will see you have lots of speedy pink fertiliser , I expect . They just don't drop in the usual way .
    edited 20.08.2018
    If you look on this page: https://bigfarm.community/village-fair/  you'll notice that a new building is coming soon to the village :)
    I knew you'd have the answer if anyone did! Actually, "accessible" wasn't exactly what I meant to ask. Several members wanted to know why old George wasn't in the parking lot." LOL!

It is, the "Show Me!" button works in the Village.

They just may have not added the icons for the stuff on the hill yet, though. 

It's strange though, there's still something "there".. My pointer still turns into a hand icon when I mouse over where the Village League wagons used to be.. Like they're still there, just invisible.. :)
    thank you!  We were looking for George's stand in the parking lot. 
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273

Mathematically, we do better with shorter missions.  They almost always get done and they add to the booster, and so on, but running super short ones just gets old really fast.  But if we are to "compete" with other coops (assuming the leagues get properly recombined), then for points we would need to always do short ones.  I have been watching this closely.  Considering how the boosters balloon, it seems to me that you have to equal out all of the times to make this remotely approach fairness.  Missions are 30 minutes for everyone.  Perhaps these could be 1 hour for everyone, or 3 hours for everyone, etc.  But the ability to choose timing creates an enormous unfairness.
  • АтлантаПлюс (RU1)АтлантаПлюс (RU1) RU1 Posts: 1,006
    edited 21.08.2018
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004

Mathematically, we do better with shorter missions.  They almost always get done and they add to the booster, and so on, but running super short ones just gets old really fast.  But if we are to "compete" with other coops (assuming the leagues get properly recombined), then for points we would need to always do short ones.  I have been watching this closely.  Considering how the boosters balloon, it seems to me that you have to equal out all of the times to make this remotely approach fairness.  Missions are 30 minutes for everyone.  Perhaps these could be 1 hour for everyone, or 3 hours for everyone, etc.  But the ability to choose timing creates an enormous unfairness.
    I was with you all the way to the last sentence. "unfairness" ? As far as I can see, everybody has the same options when it comes to choosing challenges, Those with more skill will do better, that's as it should be surely ?
  • durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    I am apprehensive that Village Fair event won't survive long, even if GGS manages to fix the loopholes, particularly the lag issue. What makes me worried is that the gold-buyers of the big coops are not showing much interest to the event. Some of them are obsessed with the sadist pleasure of seeing others devastated and demoralized by producing 90k corn or 123.5k alfalfa or 78.5k pigs. They are missing that pleasure in Village Fair. It's rather timid for their taste; there is no blood-shed, no war-cry, no bugle sound to glorify their feat. So most of them have denounced Village Fair event.

And if the gold-buyers are not happy, GGS has no reason to be happy. We, the non-buyers are just filler elements and expendable. So I anticipate some gorier elements soon to be injected into the event, or it is destined to a premature death and oblivion within few months.
  •  it is destined to a premature death and oblivion within few months.
    Has GGS ever acted that quickly?
  • jay53 (AU1)jay53 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    @WascallyWabbit Has there been an update to the Village Fair??  I am now seeing 10 pages of challenges
    (Sorry if it has been announced but I could not find anything)

• Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    C'mon GGS when is this lag going to be fixed, we have all been struggling with it since Friday and it is not getting any better, surely you have worked out what is causing it by now.  Frustrated player.
    Could someone explain why I am not seeing any time available on the image below? I am 10mins into a 2 hr challenge and won a field booster in the previous challenge. Shouldn't it show 5 mins to go? I am still trying to get my old brain around how the VF works

Could someone explain why I am not seeing any time available on the image below? I am 10mins into a 2 hr challenge and won a field booster in the previous challenge. Shouldn't it show 5 mins to go? I am still trying to get my old brain around how the VF works

You do not actually win the booster itself. What you win is booster strength that will give you more points and these strength points will keep adding up as you win them. The booster itself will not work until you go to the booster page and buy time for a booster. 

You do not actually win the booster itself. What you win is booster strength that will give you more points and these strength points will keep adding up as you win them. The booster itself will not work until you go to the booster page and buy time for a booster. 
    Okay.... but they were working previously but I have not bought any time.  If you go above the amount required is that where you can win time?
Sign In to comment.