Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Feedback - Lag issues? We need you!

Comments

• carien57 (NL1)carien57 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 41
    We stopped playing this part of the game people walking away from the coop.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Sounds like the village fair has a memory leak which needs to be plugged.
  • CMMD (US1)CMMD (US1) US1 Posts: 35
    Memory: 8 GB

Bandwidth:  
    PING ms 22
     DOWNLOAD Mbps 87.53
     UPLOAD Mbps 12.18

Patterns:  Starts out a little slow but acceptable, then gets so click-wait-click-wait that it is unplayable, Happens when a challenge is going. Other co-op members report the same. Some are thinking about quitting--game just isn't fun this way. New village is way too complex to begin with. We have people who only can play once a week or every few days and they are jumping in and starting a challenge without knowing the consequences, I think.
  • guinevere919 (NL1)guinevere919 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 145
    edited 18.08.2018
    bandwith: down 100 mbps   up 40 mbps
    memory:   12GB
    pattern:  after half an hour things start to get slower ingame when i click on market places to get ride of the !! above its immidiate it seems can be wrong about that1 but to me it seems that way ..and now whit the VF going on it is almost impossible once people start to harvest during a challenge and when the %% counter goes up by1 it is even worse once the challange is over things do get alot better ... but not how its supposed to be offcourse youre so used to really slow that slow seems fast but it actually is stil the usual 

i do use chrome offcourse in any other browser the game is impossible 
    in firefox it takes like 5 minutes to even load grafics when you start up the game 
    till a wile ago i was able to play all day whitout refreshing once i do not really know the time when this started but it was after an update 
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    Seems we went through something similar with the Hill Challenge when it started. Some do not learn from past mistakes
  • gopher2 (US1)gopher2 (US1) US1 Posts: 9
    lag is so bad  on the us server-  please fix it---- 
    yes here too on usa server ever since the village fair started
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    I Didn't have any significant lags until the new Village Fair Event

N  o   w                   t      h     e               g   a  m  e                  is              s    ooooooo      s    l    o   o   o    o   o   w
    me too
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    Why should we be surprised that something has gone wrong with a new event.  It happens every time something new is added and they always seem to start it on a Friday so we have to cope over the weekend until they come back on the Monday.  It is time GGS got their act together and made sure all problems were sorted before rolling it out and not roll it out at the weekend when nothing can get sorted.   
  • Barb66 (US1)Barb66 (US1) US1 Posts: 57
    Thought it was just me.  Lag time is horrendous after the start of the Village Fair. Need to screen refresh about every 10-15 minutes. Cleared cache; no impact. GGS devs strike again!
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 19.08.2018
    Memory: 16GB

Bandwidth:

Patterns:
    Started with a fresh boot. Memory Load on the FireFox Flash Plugin Container is:

Everything is smooth & sweet. No lag of any kind, even with the Village Fair running a 14-Hour Challenge.

Fast Forward an Hour:

Memory Load is climbing, lag is noticeable. It's not horrible, but at this point I would normally close FireFox and Reload.  For testing purposes, I plod on.

2nd Hour:

Lag is horrendous. Memory Load has climbed another 150K. I can type faster than the letters appear in the chat window, and nothing is smooth. Harvests just "Appear" on the farm instead of smoothly popping out in their normal manner, and clicking on anything like an orchard, field or stable incurs at least a half-second delay before the menu appears and allows me to select a seed, feed, or fertilizer.

2.5 Hours:

Memory Load is now over 1GB, and it now basically unplayable. Even scrolling the screen around is jerky, and "jumps" around while trying to drag it. Clicks are taking between a half-second and a full second to register.

Took a 4-hour break and went out shopping & to dinner.  Came back to:

6.5 Hours:

Game is basically a brick at this point. Had to close FF and reload.

Annnnnnd we'll start the cycle over again. :)

• To the question of loading ranking list/challenge list.  Yes, I have seen an improvement in this part of game loading.  When event first started only got a white box after update i can see ranking and can load a challenge for coop in a few seconds, ty!  Rest of game slows after 20 minutes of playing.  Appreciate all you are doing to help us enjoy the game more.
    ~iluvfarming
  • Google chrome has a lot of lag. more now with village fair.

refreshing page helps, clearing cache etc. lower quality in settings and turn off animations also helps.

microsoft edge i find is the best browser to use, but the chat hardly works at all or is extremely slow. also when deep sea fishing on edge  you must drag and drop items if you use hold shift and click the game boots you out !
  • CM_Hunter said:
    @aqboide (INT1)
    Hi there! This thread is about lag issues, if you have some missing items please contact our support team who can check the issue for you. You can contact the support team via the in-game 'support' button. This can be found in the top right of the screen in the settings menu. Thanks and hope your issue is resolved!
    Are there any plans to make this game a stand alone game ?

most games now are and run independently and use steam for the internet !

Seems like no internet browser can handle the amount of information or power required to run this game.

Just my thoughts, not sure how hard this would be to do as i am no expert on this matter.

There are major games out there like call of duty etc that don`t have lag issues because they do not run through browsers  
  • DoomDark (INT1)DoomDark (INT1) INT1 Posts: 50

10Gb ram, 100/10 net, usually get what i pay for :smile: Latest firefox & flash, Win 7

While running 30 minute challenges after fresh start, lag seems to begin 5-10 minutes into challenge. And when challenge ends game speeds up almost back to normal. There does not seem to be any noticeable changes in memory or cpu usage.

DD
  • It's so bad I can't even get Chrome to load the game now and had to switch to Edge.
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    still lagging here too, confirmed by all coopmates who are online.
  • Sooooooo............now I guess the question would be.........Can we expect it to be fixed!??  lolololLOLOLOlol.........I feel like I'm farmin' in Jello.......atrocious gameplay, most miserable.......geesh :(
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    Chromebook
    RAM: 2gb
    Bandwidth Download 16.60 Upload: 6.54
    Patterns: when tab is left open, logged out for 24 hours, lag significantly increases.  Increases even more the second day.  

The following is results after 48 hours tab left open logged out, playing a few times a day. 
    Travel to another farm: 19 seconds

Move screen(Click and drag): 0.8 sec

Upgrade menu: 3 seconds to open

All ring menus takes 2 seconds

Coop menu: research tab takes 6.5 seconds, all others 2 seconds
    Farm machines: 8 seconds

Viking farm chapter task 4 seconds, most other tasks: 2 seconds

Edge plants:
    Opening edge plants takes 10 seconds, right arrow shows 2 more choices and takes 5 seconds, going back to first page with 4 choices takes 10 seconds.  Closing it takes 5 seconds

Bakery: 7 seconds to open, 3 seconds to use right arrow, 1.5 seconds to close

Silo: 3 seconds to open, 2 seconds to increase amount of batches, 3 seconds to close

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    It takes 2 minutes to load each boat in the deep sea fishing area.  
  • JenK (NL1)JenK (NL1) NL1 Posts: 25
    Het is beslist noodzakelijk de vertragingen aan te pakken. Steeds meer leden van onze coop stoppen ermee omdat het zo niet meer te doen is.
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Hi all! Thanks for your reports, we're taking a look through them all to see what else we can do. No news about any solutions for the time being but appreciate all the info you've dropped here for us! 
  • durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    I have just 4GB RAM. Download and upload speed so low that I feel shy to reveal here.

Some of speeds cited above are so high that I feel embarrassed about mine.  :(
  • Memory: 16 GB

Bandwidth: 100 mbps Download, 5 mbps Upload

Patterns: lag seems to happen after about 20 minutes, then need to refresh the game. This problem started occurring around the time of the Village Fair update/introduction. (Is there a possible memory leak or object leak in the newer code?)
  • I have just 4GB RAM. Download and upload speed so low that I feel shy to reveal here.

Some of speeds cited above are so high that I feel embarrassed about mine.  :(
    Don't feel bad about it, mine are not high either.
  • Puppet (US1)Puppet (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    Memory: 12 GB

Bandwidth: 16.7mbps Download, 5.0mbps Upload 

Patterns: It happens more when we are doing the  Village Fair.  It happens a little more in the evening, but mostly when the Fair in an active mission.  It gets so slow that it takes at least a second after the mouse click to respond.  If I refresh the browser, it will speed up again for about 15 min.

Puppet.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I'm just pulling this thought out of a hat because I'm no programmer, but...

You added a new animated decoration into the game with the update and the lag started with that update.
    Perhaps there may be something corrupt in the decorations code that is making the game lag. 
    I know that no one had won it right away, but you did add it to the deco tower.

Good luck on making an end to all this lag, I'm sure you are doing the best you can.
  • bonnmoran (SKN1)bonnmoran (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 38
    Hi, the game is so very slow! Have been that for a couple of days now. Nothing wrong with my computer or the internet. Have got the same information from other players, who  have the same issues. Is there anyone who can explane why or perhapes give som advices, to make the game quicker? Kindly B

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    It is because of the Village League. Many posts about it throughout the forum. GG has not been able to fix it yet.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Lag absolutely terrible since last night. Worse than when the VF was running. 
  • Nelie (NL1)Nelie (NL1) NL1 Posts: 21
    He remains extremely slow even though VK is now over, People drop out. a shame now with the CC.

Sign In to comment.