Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 15th- Welcome to the Village Fair; Walk right in! - Discussion

Comments

• we have the same thing going on 1 person unknown to us keeps starting these challenges and it is making others leave our coop becuase it is simply not playeble once that thing is running 
    soo our coop is beeing sabotaged on purpose and we would like to know by who so we can deal whit that person headon 
    i dont understan anyways why things can get started by simple members why have leader and co leader functions if those mean notthing anyway 
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    i dont understan anyways why things can get started by simple members why have leader and co leader functions if those mean notthing anyway 
    ABSOLUTELY  !!!   I could not agree more!
  • Daisy May (GB1)Daisy May (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11
    We don't want to do the challenges.  We have voted not to. So, I bet GGS are starting them for us as we have no way to see who has started them.
  • William Robert (US1)William Robert (US1) US1 Posts: 367
    edited 19.08.2018
    Ok, my personal hard work rewards are all over the place. I had just had about 111k of points, now I'm back to 89k.

Also, game performance has not improved very much. Any improvement I notice I am contributing to hoping it is better, since it was suppose to be improved.

Post edited by William Robert (US1) on
  • DoomDark (INT1)DoomDark (INT1) INT1 Posts: 50
    It seems that keeping the village fair side tab closed whenever possible seems to help. At least for me. Any others noticing this?

DD
  • The village fair is not acknowledging any of my contribution items toward the challenge, today. HELP!!!
  • Tony P (GB1)Tony P (GB1) GB1 Posts: 88
    The Village Fair can be an enjoyable event for many players( providing the lag issue is resolved),Unfortunately any player can start it many with insufficient experience or knowledge to use the filters wisely.In my Coop that means many ignoring filters and starting "any". I feel it should be restricted to Leaders/Deputies and also it would be ideal to see both who started it and the amounts each member contributes ,similar to what you can see in  the Championship.
    It would be nice to know if anyone in authority reads these and takes the comments on board.
  • we have tried challenges with various times to see if the rewards get better or change.  they don't.  keep getting same old rewards over and over.  feed, and more feed,  and seeds

a whole lot of hype over nothing.

they promised more rewards

these rewards stink.  at least with the medal shop I could get what I needed.  what a   disaster. 

• kikje (NL1)kikje (NL1) NL1 Posts: 3
    Is it possible to have a small tab that can be opened and closed during playing the game. Now you have to open and close the tab all the time to verify the status of each item while harvesting.
    When playing different short time challenges you can be confused about the current items needed. So open and close the tab the whole time or writing down the current assignment are the only options.
  • anyone know how can see your coop actual ranking? think its show all coop in diamond ranking with some random numbers
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    edited 19.08.2018
    anyone know how can see your coop actual ranking? think its show all coop in diamond ranking with some random numbers
    You won't find the Challenge named after your own coop in the list, it is not there. 
    The challenge based on your coop, named after you, is not available to you only to other coops.

The challenge named after Nemesis is at the top of page 5 between Astro Shining and  <blank>  with a performance score of 27,079.

*** realize now I might have misinterpreted what you were asking, if you are looking for your coop score so far and event rank, just go to the 4th tab of the Village Fair window.  It will show your score and what rank you are in your division of your league.
  • anyone know how can see your coop actual ranking? think its show all coop in diamond ranking with some random numbers
    You won't find the Challenge named after your own coop in the list, it is not there. 
    The challenge based on your coop, named after you, is not available to you only to other coops.

The challenge named after Nemesis is at the top of page 5 between Astro Shining and  <blank>  with a performance score of 27,079.

*** realize now I might have misinterpreted what you were asking, if you are looking for your coop score so far and event rank, just go to the 4th tab of the Village Fair window.  It will show your score and what rank you are in your division of your league.
    i need 13 hour challenge with mats got use like corn or weat and faster tree like apple and mats from each coop never changes so let me know mats of 13 hour coop you challenged with them
    and i got 2 character both are listed in diamond rank but coop listed for both are defrent
  • Kris847n (SKN1)Kris847n (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 133
    We are not excited about the VF, We can not see, how it is connecting players together, I have never had so many orange and yellow dots on the memberlist. 
    What we miss is the personal challenge list, so we can see, who is supporting or not, and how it is going for each member.
    And it is not very spectacular, competing against yourselv, for that is how it looks the way it is now. It is not enough, having a name standing there, that does not make it a challenge.

• buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    I really don't get people saying the rewards are no good.
    I got over 500 seaweed feed, 3 gold mining licenses, enough special Wildflower and Corn seeds to last me at least five coopchas, about 2 or 3 million dollars worth of liquid fertilizer I was able to sell to neighbors, enough premium feeds to keep all my stables going for weeks (selling it to neighbors as fast as I can.)  If I was going to complain, I'd complain about only getting maybe 20 or 30 seaweed humus.  i could use a lot more of that.
  • artistree (US1)artistree (US1) US1 Posts: 105
    As with Village Challenge, we need NAME OF WHO STARTED, with this Village Fair.
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    yes please - need info on who started the challenge
    Something I would really like to see is the ability to search the challenges while a challenge is going on.  That would allow pre-planning which challenge you're going to start next instead of having to rush through it without being able to consider all the variables like how many stars, how many of each type of product, etc.
    I got over 500 seaweed feed, 3 gold mining licenses, enough special Wildflower and Corn seeds to last me at least five coopchas, about 2 or 3 million dollars worth of liquid fertilizer I was able to sell to neighbors, enough premium feeds to keep all my stables going for weeks (selling it to neighbors as fast as I can.)  If I was going to complain, I'd complain about only getting maybe 20 or 30 seaweed humus.  i could use a lot more of that.
    What type of product do you find you are getting the most points from?  I ask because the 3 GMLs seem quite out of reach for most folks I speak with, myself included.  Obviously you have already earned them only two days in.  You are in a powerhouse Coop, I expect your booster percentages are very high and that would make all the difference in the world.  Most players/coops I expect have only booster %s near 100-150 at most.
    Could someone who has done a challenge with all 100 Challenge Support rewards available tell me how many points are required to earn them all?  Or maybe someone has put together the list of points required for each reward 1 through 100.  (I'm sure CBF would love to include that info on her site if we can compile it for her)

• durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    Believe it or not, i am developing a liking for this event. Though it needs to resolve a number of problem, the overall idea is much better than damn old coop championship. We got tired of playing CC once every week. It's a welcome change. It's more enjoying becoz we r not in fact challenging anybody. So we need not try to supersede ourselves only because some crazy gold-buyer is collecting crazy amounts. And moreover we lose nothing in this event if we can't fulfill the challenge. That's very comforting feeling.

But there ARE lots of hole-fixing to do to make it popular among most: (1) Resolving the lag problem, (2) Reducing the absurd amounts demanded in long-duration challenges, (3) Allowing only leaders and deputies to select and start challenges, (4) Everybody should know who started a challenge. (5) Showing current personal challenge point, (6) Allowing boosters to be purchased with dollar, (6) Avoiding same items demanded on consecutive challenges, (7) Making decos one of the optional rewards to choose from. GML will be much more desirable reward. (8) Improving challenge support items, (9) Bringing more variations in the duration of challenges, etc. etc.

I invite you all to add more suggestions/ modifications/ improvements so that we can experience Village Fair in an impeccably enjoyable avatar in future.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Believe it or not, i am developing a liking for this event. Though it needs to resolve a number of problem, the overall idea is much better than damn old coop championship. We got tired of playing CC once every week. It's a welcome change. It's more enjoying becoz we r not in fact challenging anybody. So we need not try to supersede ourselves only because some crazy gold-buyer is collecting crazy amounts. And moreover we lose nothing in this event if we can't fulfill the challenge. That's very comforting feeling.

But there ARE lots of hole-fixing to do to make it popular among most: (1) Resolving the lag problem, (2) Reducing the absurd amounts demanded in long-duration challenges, (3) Allowing only leaders and deputies to select and start challenges, (4) Everybody should know who started a challenge. (5) Showing current personal challenge point, (6) Allowing boosters to be purchased with dollar, (6) Avoiding same items demanded on consecutive challenges, (7) Making decos one of the optional rewards to choose from. GML will be much more desirable reward. (8) Improving challenge support items, (9) Bringing more variations in the duration of challenges, etc. etc.

I invite you all to add more suggestions/ modifications/ improvements so that we can experience Village Fair in an impeccably enjoyable avatar in future.
    Your list is so long, I was tempted to ask, but other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?  Just kidding, the bones are there, just needs some revisions.  However, I am not holding out hope any major ones will be implemented in a timely fashion, if at all.

It also needs to be a doable event for lower levels and smaller coops -- right now it's not.

The quality of rewards continues on its downward spiral. This event is no different. Put a few jewels in there for all levels of play.

Some simplification is in order, I think. Get rid of naming the challenges after coops -- it's ridiculous, and confusing. Simplify it to (1) choosing the difficulty level, and (2) choosing duration. Check one from Column A, Check 1 from Column B. Systems starts your mission. Quick and easy.
  • this has got to be the worst event in the history of bf events....major lag, filters don't work, as in you filter u get no options so your stuck with what's there...impossible challenges to complete...crap rewards....it's like the evil cousin to cc but much much worse....it's completely turning me off from the game...3 more days left of this bs...half my coop is orange dots when often we are mainly white and green....I miss the village league and competitive nature of it...I have no interest in blowing humus, charms, special seeds or seaweed on this event...there is no roi…..kill this and bring back vl....

• Congrats, you've created a ghost town. My hats off to you.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    This event is growing on me, but it does have many bugs.  Let me say a couple of things.

It is insane of people to expect GGS to just throw away this much code that they have worked on for so long.  We need to be thankful for a new event and give it a try.....a "real" try......which means them running it several times, with enhancements and updates.

May I make this suggestion......try selecting challenges in the 4 hour time frame, each time one ends.  If you get a horrible item, it will be replaced soon.  If you get a good one, the amounts will be lower than with long ones.  Just keep starting challenges in the background.  During the CC, I always have a mission running.  Some of them I never add anything toward, and some I win.  This is the same concept.

If you let these run, in the background, you will pick up a lot of rewards.  I already have all of the personal hardwork rewards, which includes 3 GMLs.  That is not bad.  And I have not farmed much harder than normal.

That being said, there are bugs.  I cannot filter out Flower Farm items or processing buildings.  Items from the Flower Shop just make no sense whatsoever unless they are the short ones.  

If we could see the items beforehand, then we could plan and choose longer ones.
  • durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    Thnx Artful. Ur sarcasm is justified, given the usual dilly-dally of GGS team. Still it's a welcome relief from the weekly exhaustion of CC.
    It's our coop description:

Does not Village Fair fit more to the description than CC?
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Starting challenges needs to be restricted to leaders and deputies. We are having low level players wondering in, starting 12 hr+ challenges and then leaving without contributing a single thing, leaving it sitting at 0%. This means we have to wait till it is finished to start manageable 30 minute challenges. There is no proper control over this, just like with the village challenges, same problem.
    I agree! Just had it happen here as well and of course no one will own up to it. Problem now is its highly likely the player starting it will just go offline and contribute nothing now and ruin it for everyone else.
  • Ok, my personal hard work rewards are all over the place. I had just had about 111k of points, now I'm back to 89k.

Also, game performance has not improved very much. Any improvement I notice I am contributing to hoping it is better, since it was suppose to be improved.

@William Robert (US1) In the bottom screenshot you need 89,616 points to get reward number 33/50. You must have achieved that, because in the top picture you need 110,426 points to get reward number 35/50.

There does not appear to be anywhere that it shows how many personal points we actually have (we have reported that) but at the time of your screenshots, you had won reward number 34, so you had around 100,000 points.

The village fair is not acknowledging any of my contribution items toward the challenge, today. HELP!!!
    @VanessaManager1 (US1) It may just be slow displays with this horrible lag, try reloading your game & when you get a pop-up saying that a challenge ended, at the top you can see how many personal points you won for your contributions. If that is showing 0 on every challenge, when you have been harvesting the items needed (before the item is completed by your fellow members) then it would be helpful if you could post some screenshots. - Thankyou!

we have tried challenges with various times to see if the rewards get better or change.  they don't.  keep getting same old rewards over and over.  feed, and more feed,  and seeds

a whole lot of hype over nothing.

they promised more rewards

these rewards stink.  at least with the medal shop I could get what I needed.  what a   disaster. 

@Maggielin2085Ma (US1) It sounds like you are looking at the "Challenge Support" rewards, which are won by the entire coop as you collect points in a challenge. You are correct they are all items that help with the challenges, boosters, feeds, fertilizers etc

If you look on the 1st tab of the event window, you will see the 50 hardwork rewards, which you win by collecting personal points for contributing to the challenges. (see the pink box in the pic at the top of this post).
  • Ok, my personal hard work rewards are all over the place. I had just had about 111k of points, now I'm back to 89k.

@William Robert (US1) In the bottom screenshot you need 89,616 points to get reward number 33/50. You must have achieved that, because in the top picture you need 110,426 points to get reward number 35/50.

There does not appear to be anywhere that it shows how many personal points we actually have (we have reported that) but at the time of your screenshots, you had won reward number 34, so you had around 100,000 points.
    @WascallyWabbit

Thank you for looking, but the top image was taken 6 minutes before the bottom one. I had to achieve rewards 33 to 35 about 10 times before progressing. It wasn't until after I posted those images that I got past reward 35. After I moved past the rest of the 50 were collected with no issue.
    What type of product do you find you are getting the most points from?   You are in a powerhouse Coop, I expect your booster percentages are very high and that would make all the difference in the world. 
    We get the most points from the product with the longest boosters.  Boosters ARE the biggest key to this event.  Ours are now in the 5000% range.  Since the percentages build up throughout the event, anyone can build up big boosters.  But you MUST complete 100% of your products at least TWICE in each challenge.  You earn booster time for the next challenge that's equal to half the length of the challenge you're in.  (a 1-hour challenge allows you to earn 30-min boosters for the next challenge - IF you complete 200% of the product.)

Could someone who has done a challenge with all 100 Challenge Support rewards available tell me how many points are required to earn them all?  Or maybe someone has put together the list of points required for each reward 1 through 100.  (I'm sure CBF would love to include that info on her site if we can compile it for her)

I don't think it's particularly related to points.  And you certainly don't need to know how many points it takes if you concentrate on completing all 4 products.  Complete the products and you'll win all the Challenge Support rewards.  The problem is that only the longer challenges offer all 100 awards and those challenges can be REALLY tough to complete.  Better to stick with shorter challenges that you KNOW you can complete.  

Even with shorter, easier challenges, especially if it includes flower farm or processing buildings, you're likely to need your big gold players to push one of the products with gold in order to complete it.  COMPLETING ALL 4 PRODUCTS IS THE FIRST KEY.
  • eissol (NL1)eissol (NL1) NL1 Posts: 21
    If just anyone can start a  challenge and frustrate the coop then at least gave the deputies the possibility to cancel  that challenge..
    At  the moment there is a big chance anyone joines your coop and sabotage the whole thing.
Sign In to comment.