Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Feedback - Lag issues? We need you!

Hi Farmers!

We are aware there are still reports of lag issues in the game and would like to get some more detailed info from those who have reported lag issues since the long downtime last week.

Please post your information by copying the below text into your post and filling out the details. We have provided an example of how to fill out the information below. Screenshots are also helpful where possible!

For the section ‘Memory’, please indicate the amount of RAM available on your PC. This can be found by right clicking My Computer (This Computer on Windows 10) and then clicking Properties in the dropdown menu that appears. A new window will appear with some information about your machine. Please let us know what it says in the RAM section of this document.

For the section ‘Bandwidth’, please use a bandwidth speed testing web application such as this one and report your download and upload speeds. Simply follow the link, click Go and let us know the results. You may have better results with a more local service so please feel free to use a speed test service of your choosing.

Finally, in the ‘Patterns’ section please indicate any patterns you have noticed. If the lag seems to happen more at night than the day, when a certain event is active or any other patterns please let us know!

-Our Example-
Memory: 4GB

Bandwidth: 12.1mbps Download, 3.4mbps Upload

Patterns: Lag happens more at night

Use the below template to report your details. Thank you all for your dedication and assistance!

Memory:

Bandwidth: 

Patterns: 

Comments

• Betty Birken (US1)Betty Birken (US1) US1 Posts: 73
    edited 30.03.2018
    Memory: 465 GB (only 95 used)
    Bandwidth: 4.49 mbps dwnld-.88 mbps upld
    Patterns...lagging is back (evening 29th for my evening shut-down & overnight plant) with Alien Event ending & starting Tent Event; last day chugging as per usual for the Co-Op Champs; not possible to participate again. Such a delay is making me crazy with this nonsense and you sure can't benefit anything from the game. Just NOT downloading, delays with each click and travelling to each farm to do things in a timely matter. Too much of this in the first quarter of the year. And I just purchased GOLD to do a ridiculous expensive land grade on Main Farm. I got maybe 2 weeks enjoyable play since your download to the new server. Reset, tinkered, adjusted...way too much frustrating nonsense to be here all day waiting...most of us work and have things to do. Please resolve! .....[unacceptable content removed | Pickle]   
  • sorry Pickle...just angry & very annoyed. Plus the Gold pop-ups to buy just stalls any action
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    My lag has disappeared when the workers were removed from the farms.   Good April fools joke.  :)
  • CrazyArthur (US1)CrazyArthur (US1) US1 Posts: 79
    edited 04.04.2018
    My lag has disappeared when the workers were removed from the farms.   Good April fools joke.  :)
    Mine too. Is this a test to see if the workers make the lag? If it is, this is it!
    Memory : 96GB
    Bandwidth: 34,20 Download  11,50 Upload
    Patterns: The lag always begin after about 30 minutes or so, day or night, then I need to refresh my page, the lag disappear and come back after 30 minutes or so again.

EDIT : The lag is getting worst and worst every day, do something!!!
    Post edited by CrazyArthur (US1) on
  • Faranth2 (AU1)Faranth2 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 318
    Memory: 8GB

Bandwidth: 4.44 Download   0.87 Upload

Patterns: Happens mostly late at night/very early morning
  • i really dont no what happend my 4000 gold just got into 1800 dont no just how. can i get them back
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    @aqboide (INT1)
    Hi there! This thread is about lag issues, if you have some missing items please contact our support team who can check the issue for you. You can contact the support team via the in-game 'support' button. This can be found in the top right of the screen in the settings menu. Thanks and hope your issue is resolved!
  • LAGGING : OMG .. I have been waitin' the last 4 hrs tryin' to get on my farm. I have checked the system 4 times, my adobe flash 4 times & for any google chrome updates in case it's my computer,  guess what .. Im still not on my farm. I got on it temporarily on my phone, but its too small for me to play there. Im so far behind I will have to rob a bank to get enough gold to get caught up.(lol) Man, this is ridiculous. Cant yall get this fixed .. Im a daily player & I play hard, so its making me a nervous wreck to have to be off. My kids laugh bc I live to play BF !!  :(   Dedicated to the game. Plz   guys .. gals  lets get this issue takin' care of. BB555
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    the lag is getting worse not better

complete stalls harvest that sit ready fr 2+minutes with errors the dog house on the main farm has had errors since the server change but neither of the other 2 do refreshing, clearing cache nothing is working no issues with anything else but this game
  • hi just me, I still haven't been able top get on mine. But I had company drop in & haven't tried in the last hour or so. Hugs!

• JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    the lag is getting worse not better

complete stalls harvest that sit ready fr 2+minutes with errors the dog house on the main farm has had errors since the server change but neither of the other 2 do refreshing, clearing cache nothing is working no issues with anything else but this game
    ok i went with the stand alone player and the lag - so far is gone - however this is an outdated flash player is there an update?

• I am still experiencing lags and I think I figured out a pattern too, at least for my case. The game gets extremely laggy if I minimize the browser window for variable amounts of time (it can be a minute, it ca be more). When I return to the game, it is extremely slow and most of the time it will require a restart to get it back in shape. I wonder if there are some resources that get maxed out while the game is left to run in the background/idle. It's almost as if it's trying to catch up with the servers.

I'm using Chrome to play (so, always most up to date) and it's usually just two tabs: the game and the forum. I use other browsers for my browsing and other stuff, so I can't say that I'm chocking Chrome.

Here are the details your requested: 

• Memory: 4 GB

Bandwidth: 78,8 Download   6,8 Upload

Patterns: Lag mostly at day. Sometimes i can't login, because web can not identified my id. so i should try to reload it again. 
  • tim47 (US1)tim47 (US1) US1 Posts: 23
    lag is so bad  on the us server-  please fix it---- 
  • Memory:8 GB 

Bandwidth: download 4.98 mbps
    upload 0.73

Patterns: night worse then daytime, but 30-45 minutes playing forces me to restart the computer the lag just gets progressively worse.  
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Chrome - very little lag
    Firefox - much more lag
    IE - same as firefox.
    Ram - 12 GB
    DL - 25 mbps ftth
    UL - 10 mbps ftth

Google chrome is by far much better....almost nil lag nowdays on chrome.
  • I have tested a theory with a few friends and we found that when people visit your farm things slow down dramatically and with just 2 or 3 people visiting the game slows so much its almost unplayable, so this is something GGS can please look into so we can reclaim some of our sanity.
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    edited 17.04.2018
    I have tested a theory with a few friends and we found that when people visit your farm things slow down dramatically and with just 2 or 3 people visiting the game slows so much its almost unplayable, so this is something GGS can please look into so we can reclaim some of our sanity.
    If anyone is sparkling me my screen freezes completely. Sanity...I am sure we can pay 1k gold to gain pieces of that back. :smile:
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    Chromebook
    RAM: 2gb
    Bandwidth Download 16.60 Upload: 6.54
    Patterns: when tab is left open, logged out for 24 hours, lag significantly increases.  Increases even more the second day.  

The following is results after 48 hours tab left open logged out, playing a few times a day. 
    Travel to another farm: 19 seconds

Move screen(Click and drag): 0.8 sec

Upgrade menu: 3 seconds to open

All ring menus takes 2 seconds

Coop menu: research tab takes 6.5 seconds, all others 2 seconds
    Farm machines: 8 seconds

Viking farm chapter task 4 seconds, most other tasks: 2 seconds

Edge plants:
    Opening edge plants takes 10 seconds, right arrow shows 2 more choices and takes 5 seconds, going back to first page with 4 choices takes 10 seconds.  Closing it takes 5 seconds

Bakery: 7 seconds to open, 3 seconds to use right arrow, 1.5 seconds to close

Silo: 3 seconds to open, 2 seconds to increase amount of batches, 3 seconds to close

• hopefully, this is what you are looking for -- i experience the lag ALL day long -- doesn't matter day or night -- what i usually have to do is about every 15-20 mins log out -- clear cache -- log back in -- and, i hear about the lag from all the members (64) of my coop 
  • Memory: 12 GB

Bandwidth: 38 DL, 6 UL

Patterns:  Same lag any day, any time

I primarily use Chrome but have the same problem with Firefox and Explorer.  It takes me over an hour to harvest and replant all 3 of my farms.  Seems to get much worse during global events such as coop championship.  I've tried completely clearing my cache using CCleaner, deleting cookies in adobe flash, upgrading to the latest version of adobe, restarting, running nothing but Chrome etc...nothing helps.  My entire system seems to lag until a few minutes after I close the game.  An uneducated guess is that it's a Flash issue.
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Currently the best solution i have found to the lag problem is by reloading the main farm page every 15 minutes or so...or whenever you feel the lag is happening.

as soon as the page is reloaded, the lag disappears for sometime , whenever it comes back i just reload the page again. The reload hardly takes 10 seconds. but it is worth it. The best part about it is that the mind gets used to the habit of reloading every few minutes and the game becomes a much more happier experience.

Try it .

This is a good solution till the time the lag issue is solved.
  • tim47 (US1)tim47 (US1) US1 Posts: 23
    fix the lag problem good games
  • not fixing lag but added a new fair, now the best of computers are really tested, visiting other farms, island ,animation, cc and mainly now village fair! lag will never go away until game is simplified!
  • I Didn't have any significant lags until the new Village Fair Event

N  o   w                   t      h     e               g   a  m  e                  is              s    ooooooo      s    l    o   o   o    o   o   w
  • MinionBob (GB1)MinionBob (GB1) GB1 Posts: 137
    The new event has caused much lagging and I have been repeatedly locked out this afternoon. Reloading helps for a short time but I can't always get back, like now.....
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    Refresh after 2 or three harvests. So much enjoyment with the Village Fair after yesterdays farce.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I didn't post this under the general fair thread as I didn't want it lost in the shuffle.  Lag is terrible. Someone said that if you aren't in a challenge it goes away. Does anyone know if this is the case?
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    Everyone in my coop is saying the same time. The game play and typing in the chat is incredibly slow and is distracting. We're stuck in a 9 hour challenge so I can't tell you if it feels faster until that's done.

However, the lag in general is going to be an unpleasant consequence of this new feature. I hope it's resolved, because those long challenges will affect many hours of game play for a lot of people.
Sign In to comment.