Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Feedback - Lag issues? We need you!

Comments

• Artful, I had the same issue with lag while in a challenge ,all fine when challenge ended.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 17.08.2018
    @jules314 (US1)  and @Buzzard (AU1) Thank you both -- we've already had two members log out until the challenge is over. :(
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Hi guys, thanks for the fresh reports! We're working on some resolutions and I hope we can bring you some solid news about progress soon.

@GeckoFarmer (INT1) it looks like the lag is spreading to your fingers :O Shall I send our resident vet Vicky over to take a look? If she offers you a handful of hay or a salt lick don't mind it, she's just used to helping things with a couple more legs than you have ;)
  • angie50 (GB1)angie50 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 223
    i cant even get on the game now , server interupted 
  • jwllmsjnb (US1)jwllmsjnb (US1) US1 Posts: 409
    12 GB
    Download 26.43
    Upload 4.43

Consistent, no pattern, Lag on all browsers at all times of the day.
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Hi guys, we just had a no downtime fix on all the servers. Would be wonderful if you could let me know if you see improvements in the lag. There will still be some slowness when you open the challenge list, that's a separate problem we are looking to solve but if the overall performance has improved it would be great if you could let me know!

P.S., if you had lag before the update please compare it to how the game usually performs for you and if it has improved since the major lag issues hit us. Thanks guys!
  • canco (ES1)canco (ES1) ES1 Posts: 655
    At the beginning everything is fine, but after a while it starts to get slower and more and more.
    I have tried with several browsers and in all the same thing happens.

• jwllmsjnb (US1)jwllmsjnb (US1) US1 Posts: 409
    Members in our coop say, "a little", but still lagging.
  • durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    Currently the best solution i have found to the lag problem is by reloading the main farm page every 15 minutes or so...or whenever you feel the lag is happening.

as soon as the page is reloaded, the lag disappears for sometime , whenever it comes back i just reload the page again. The reload hardly takes 10 seconds. but it is worth it. The best part about it is that the mind gets used to the habit of reloading every few minutes and the game becomes a much more happier experience.

Try it .

This is a good solution till the time the lag issue is solved.
    Is it meant for joke? Or you really think it's a GOOD solution?
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Currently the best solution i have found to the lag problem is by reloading the main farm page every 15 minutes or so...or whenever you feel the lag is happening.

as soon as the page is reloaded, the lag disappears for sometime , whenever it comes back i just reload the page again. The reload hardly takes 10 seconds. but it is worth it. The best part about it is that the mind gets used to the habit of reloading every few minutes and the game becomes a much more happier experience.

Try it .

This is a good solution till the time the lag issue is solved.
    Is it meant for joke? Or you really think it's a GOOD solution?

Not a good solution, obviously, but it IS a good workaround until GGS can isolate the problem.  At least on my machine.  Every 15 to 20 minutes, the lag gets so bad I have to close-reopen the page - things work fine for a few minutes, then the lag builds up until farming is not possible.
  • no improvement here, I am afraid. Incredibly slow whilst a challenge is on.
  • Loads of lag when challenges are on, seems to go away when challenge is over. Oddly an f5 refresh/reload seems to clear the lag for a period even with the challenge running, after some time it comes back. Its as if something in the code is causing a buildup of data filling available memory and causing the lag.

Seems to me a case of lazy PPP coding needing a review.
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    It's okay when you first log in but gets slower and slower as time goes on xxxx
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    CM_Hunter said:
    Hi guys, we just had a no downtime fix on all the servers. Would be wonderful if you could let me know if you see improvements in the lag. There will still be some slowness when you open the challenge list, that's a separate problem we are looking to solve but if the overall performance has improved it would be great if you could let me know!

P.S., if you had lag before the update please compare it to how the game usually performs for you and if it has improved since the major lag issues hit us. Thanks guys!
    No improvement, lag is terrible and so are my patience with the constant re-loading  :s
  • Kirksa (US1)Kirksa (US1) Posts: 100
    edited 17.08.2018
    Lag is bad - very bad. 
    Post edited by Kirksa (US1) on
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    Seems like the lag an slowness is getting worse. I can refresh and it will be okay but after the second harvest It is time to refresh again. If I open the challenge I am immediately done. Going to be a long weekend on Bug Farm.
    Lag better early this morning. So bad now, I had to leave the game. Refreshing and returning did not help. 
  • Lag still dreadful here too - having to refresh (exit game, exit chrome, clear cache) after just a few harvests - cache usually only 50mb or so, so its not that.  When no challenge is active its lots better so has to be something to do with the new vf.
    Lag still dreadful here too - having to refresh (exit game, exit chrome, clear cache) after just a few harvests - cache usually only 50mb or so, so its not that.  When no challenge is active its lots better so has to be something to do with the new vf.
    That's our experience, too.
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    if you dont activate a challenge you can play without a delay for about 20 min then you have to reload the game.

if you activate a challenge then the game slow down everytime you deliver product to the challenge ... and you have to reload game every 5-10 min depending on how long the production-time are on the products for the challenge.

and as usual if you jump between farms that slow down the game to.
  • Memory: 16 GB

Bandwidth: 100 mbps Download, 5 mbps Upload

Patterns: lag seems to happen after about 20 minutes, then need to refresh the game. This problem started occurring around the time of the Village Fair update/introduction. (Is there a possible memory leak or object leak in the newer code?)
  • Big Farm is Lagging so bad for the last 2 days.  I have to reboot every time I go from one farm to another and everytime I harvest something.  I know it is ggs because it isn't doing it anywhere else.. I can not play like this.  Having to reboot 3-4 times in a 30 min mission is bull.  I tried 3 other browsers and they are all doing the same thing as Chrome.  Something needs to be done
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Memory: 16 GB

Bandwidth: 

Patterns: I have had unbearable lag none stop once you did the village fair update.

I find myself refreshing the game every time after I harvest my main farm. I ted to make it threw the gourmet and flower farms without a refresh, it's lagged but no so much that I can not manage. If I don't refresh before I must harvest several buildings I find myself so lagged it's hard to keep from spending gold on a building.

The chat is also lagged.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    If you don't know your bandwidth goto   http://www.speedtest.net/
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    The lag continues....no improvement here at all. I have resorted to running 30 minute challenges with a decent gap in between just so players in my group can have some break from the lag. Its slowed our progress quite a bit at times but from my point of view there's few things worse than a laggy gaming experience so we are trying to avoid it as much as possible without giving up on the event.
  • Benicia (AU1)Benicia (AU1) AU1 Posts: 63
    Memory 8gb

Lag not too bad until new content, now within  (step 1)30min of logging on have to  ( step2)reboot, then repeat steps 1 & 2 Ad infinitum :'(:'(:'(

• Bill4112 (US1)Bill4112 (US1) US1 Posts: 72
    Memory: 4.00 Gb (2.99 Gb usable)

Bandwidth: Download 58.89 Mbps, Upload 10.5 Mbps

Patterns: Delay (lag) occurs whenever Village Fair challenge is running. Occurs during both day and night. Occurs both when other co-op members are active and when I am the only member active. When I first login the lag is less, but as time passes the lag increases. Clearing Flash Player cache has no effect. Clearing Chrome cache has no effect. Reducing size of Village Fair indicator on right side of screen has no effect.
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    No improvement on lag .... and even worse if a  challenge on

Refreshing every 5 to 10 minutes takes all enjoyment out of farming
  • jay53 (AU1)jay53 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    edited 18.08.2018
    Using standalone player (Flash player V27.0.0187); Memory 16GB
    Lag means have to close and open between each challenge

• Team members are not playing game until this VF is over. Please can we get help to fix the lag? Everyone in co-op is complaining. :(((
Sign In to comment.