Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 15th- Welcome to the Village Fair; Walk right in! - Discussion

Comments

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    It seems alright now that i've played a few challenges but when you compare this list of rewards to what we were getting in the old medal setup its yet another severe downgrade. I bought 1000 seaweed with medals per week, now that's gone so what is the point of having a lab?

my point exactly, medals were useful. I produced 100-200 seaweed feed each week with seaweed, not a lot but I upgraded the laboratory for this and now its gone. And what do we get in change ?  A pile of garbage topped with a deco

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i can see my opion will not be a popular one but i really like this village fair except for the lag other then the village league and the Santa event i can not think of a event that actually uses the whole coop working together as a team i know you say what about the CC but really with the CC you are doing your own thing then it adds to the coop for example in my coop i have one member that gets a lot over 1mill points and a couple that get mil but a lot dont and some even less then 50k so really that is not the whole coop working together and honestly it is time consuming and annoying waiting the 30min to collect the same thing then just to get some points so i personally do not do very well in the CC however with the village fair if you are doing the shorter ones they are changing so mabe you need eggs but you dont have any ready if that was a mission for the CC you would not get any points for your coop but now maybe some other members have eggs ready and guess what your coop gets points and if it is always changing i can go watch a hour show come back see what the callange is if i have it great i collect and i can go back to watching tv and yet i can feel like i helped well as a mission if you want to get good enough points you need to be there collecting for the whole 30min so i like this so much better cause even the players that can only play 30min or a hour a day can feel like they are really helping unlike the CC and i also find it a lot less stressful then the CC seeing how if i dont have something needed it is not a whole wast for 30min like with a mission because there is a good chance the other members in the coop can get it done 
  • VAM (US1) said:
    So the Village Fair started and my Viking Farm disappeared.  I thought we had 7 more days to finish the Viking Farm.  What happened???
    Mine is still there. Try refreshing AGAIN!!! Hate this lag.
  • i can see my opion will not be a popular one but i really like this village fair except for the lag other then the village league and the Santa event i can not think of a event that actually uses the whole coop working together as a team i know you say what about the CC but really with the CC you are doing your own thing then it adds to the coop for example in my coop i have one member that gets a lot over 1mill points and a couple that get mil but a lot dont and some even less then 50k so really that is not the whole coop working together and honestly it is time consuming and annoying waiting the 30min to collect the same thing then just to get some points so i personally do not do very well in the CC however with the village fair if you are doing the shorter ones they are changing so mabe you need eggs but you dont have any ready if that was a mission for the CC you would not get any points for your coop but now maybe some other members have eggs ready and guess what your coop gets points and if it is always changing i can go watch a hour show come back see what the callange is if i have it great i collect and i can go back to watching tv and yet i can feel like i helped well as a mission if you want to get good enough points you need to be there collecting for the whole 30min so i like this so much better cause even the players that can only play 30min or a hour a day can feel like they are really helping unlike the CC and i also find it a lot less stressful then the CC seeing how if i dont have something needed it is not a whole wast for 30min like with a mission because there is a good chance the other members in the coop can get it done 
    everybody is entitled to their opinion :smile: -- just keep me posted because i'll be curious if you say this after let's say 1 day -- i'm not being rude -- it's just a lot of ppl said it at first then after like 1 hour they changed their minds -- i'm actually looking forward to the CC now after this big mess (and, i thought i would never say that)

• Have a member of my coop telling, that her dog cannot be fed anymore. It keeps barking no matter how many times she clicks on it.

Perhaps she is on labour pain. Your member is lucky. Going to have a puppy free of cost.  :D
    too hilarious -- i want my doggie and kitty to have puppies and kittens
    I'll take puppies for a reward over another useless deco. I want them multi-colored also. 

I love to click on my doggy and rub his belly. You should try it. Cute, unlike the reality of this VF.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 17.08.2018
    Only about 3 or 4 of our members are putting any effort in to it. The prizes make the CCs look like they are handing out diamonds. Still, for those who don't want any part of it, there is something to be said for just starting a challenge then walking off to farm normally. I can already see that the prizes from the rewards shop (for doing nothing) were far more valuable than these will ever be, even if the whole coop puts their all into it.
    i am different then most people and i am ok with that the way i play and the way i enjoy things on here are a lot different that is why i know my opion would not be popular but i am positive my opion is not going to change because of the event game design i suffer from depression and it has been bad lately and i am not saying this for any other reason then to show how it effects my game play i have not been able to get myself to play in the last 3 CC and i have felt like a complete failure and a horrible leader and like i have let my coop down but with this event even if i could just get myself to log in 5min at a time several times a day i would be helping so much more then i ever could with a CC that way because this event is built and designed differently it is not necessarily built for the players that can play for hours at a time or have a whole lot of gold like almost all events are with this event the people that cant play much for whatever there reason can still feel like they are actually helping there coop out and contributing and i will add because most of you dont know what kind of player i am up intill about a month ago i played any were between 8 to 12 hours a day everyday if not more and did not miss a single day for over 2 years so this is not just a opion from a casual player so about the only thing that will change my opion is the lag cause i am not a patient person also i have played for over 3 years i think and have ran the coop that was handed down to me about that long and over that time i have had a lot of players tell me how bad they have felt because they did not think they could help with the CC as much weather they are lower level or cant play much and i dont think think this event will make those players feel tat way as much they can actually see them and rest of the coop adding to the total and accomplishing something instead of always coming in last in a mission not getting a lot of points
  • shehara (IN1)shehara (IN1) IN1 Posts: 42
    loving it so far <3 

• Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 17.08.2018
    server wont let me on again !! How the hell are we supposed to finish the weekly task when half the time the server is down. If you refresh your page you wont get back on the game for ages then when you need to refresh again same thing saying connect to the server was interrupted, been doing this since that village fair was added. pathetic!!
    Post edited by Twiglet (GB1) on
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    First, I did love the time granularity.  I was able to pick one that ends at a certain time, when I knew me or deputies could start another one.  This great!

I am favorably disposed so far, BUT

Are there not going to be cash boosters?.....100 gold per minute adds up very fast.

Does this mean that members are unable to search and start challenges?  So hope it is just leaders and deputies.
    I laugh at this idea. Someone started a challenge called BRAT PACK! Really? We are not that big. Of course they will never say who did it. I can't even begin to say what a waste this one is with our resources, so we're letting the time run out with regular farming and gaining points that way. Ridiculous. Change it so ONLY the people chosen by the pres can start it. When you have more deputies than regular members results are just as bad.

Well then I guess in your case it should just be your leader that starts these challenges.   ;)
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    Unfortunately this feels like excruciating exercise in patience just to perform regular farming tasks.
    We cannot do anything but wait for the current challenge to complete.

At this point I can really see us doing the short 30 min challenges because it's very difficult to get into a game that runs so slowly...

And we have a challenge that is asking for 680K in pigs and over 70K in pasta baskets. Really?! In 10 hours I am not going to even make 1 batch of pasta baskets (or any, ever). What a really bizarre new feature.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Just did a 30-minute challenge to see how this works..

IMO, needs a few adjustments; asking for 132 COW FEED from the mill in a 30-minute challenge is a bit ridiculous.

Even if you had 14 different players start 10 cow feed each, they take 30 minutes. All 14 players would have to spend a couple of gold to finish their feed before the 30 minute timer on the challenge expires.
    All 14 players would have to spend a couple of gold to finish their feed before the 30 minute timer on the challenge expires.

Which is the point of this train wreck. :smile:

this is why my opion is different it is all the way you look at the event you get points for everything you collect whether you finish the challenge or not you just get bonce points for collecting them all unless you are a very good mission player for the CC you dont always come in first place do you? the point to this event is not to always finish each challenge it is to collect as many points as you can by farming just like missions sometimes your group will complete them all and get extra points and sometimes not 
    New problem reported by members. The lag, crashing, and freezing when a challenge is going on has gotten to be unbearable. It disappears when there isn't a challenge going on. We're all on different devices and are using different browsers. So, our original plan to keep challenges running isn't going to happen. We're having to walk away from this.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 17.08.2018
    is anyone else not able to connect i have been unable to connect now for 45 mins.
    I can only get on game for about 10 mins and then when i refresh it wont let me connect, says lost connection to server then after about 15 to 20 mins i can get back on, but this time i cannot connect at all....
    https://imghost.io/images/2018/08/17/Untitled-1.jpg

now getting this 
    https://ibb.co/eRJukz
  • taaj277 (IN1)taaj277 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 27
    https://prnt.sc/kjlme5.
    Mods please look at this and tell me how is it possible to complete such a task.How come the baskets are all frm flower farm.Surprising!!!!!!!!!!.
    Even with 100 members in a coop which includes the highest lvls and the lowest lvls nobody would have a well developed flower farm to collect so much in 13 hours .While programing and creating an event think about the viability of the task too.
    If this event is meant for skipping much than its a lost cause because nobody will skip so much when its impossible.Review and rework this event and make it interesting and worth playing.
  • durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    So we have to put off collection of all long-duration products until we get a favourable challenge (hopefully)?

That's very bad and frustrating.  :(:(

So we have to put off collection of all long-duration products until we get a favourable challenge (hopefully)?

We took a long hard look at that and at the rewards we would win and decided it wasn't worth it. This event wasn't worth wrecking our farms and profits over.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    So........

I think the event is salvageable.

1.  When we earned a booster, and it was active.....i still got no boost.  I harvested things for which i know the amounts and they never went up.

2.  the prizes are too weak.

3.  I had trouble filter by time "short/long"

4.  we just started an 8 hour one.......ALL 4 items are from the Flower Farm (honey, olives, soaps, and jasmine).....the algorithm needs to prevent that.

5.  the amounts from the distillery and the flower shop are always way too high.

6.  naming them after coops is pointless.....there is no rational way to see the current four items from the coop with the name of this current challenge.

.....more to come

• Quack (IN1)Quack (IN1) IN1 Posts: 172
  • So, perhaps its easier to put it like this.

The concept is pretty good - but the details are dreadful!  Yes, the event has loads of potential, and could, if set up correctly be a lot of fun - but as usual, there are too many problems associated with the event itself.

1) the lag and constant crashing - not one player enjoys having to reboot after every 2 or 3 harvests

2) the amounts needed - some are beyond ridiculous - 're-balancing' needs to happen here to make the targets achievable.

3) gold only boosters? yes, we all know you need to create revenue through gold sales and as such events will always favour gold buyers but look at the amount of gold needed 100 gold for a 1 minute booster? really?  there needs to be a farm dollars booster too - even if like me, you buy a moderate amount of gold (not masses but say £5 each week), I wouldn't use it to buy a 1 minute booster - thats beyond daft. 

4) since when is 3 cc's a decent reduction in numbers of cc's which is one thing almost everyone was complaining about.  This is why you are losing players and will continue to do so.  These players will include some gold buyers, so in effect you are losing revenue by not listening.

5) make the rewards worthwhile - yes, some need deco's, others super feed, others gml's etc., so there does need to be variation, but at least make the amounts of each item won worthwhile.  Or even better tokens, like wwc coins, that people could spend on one trader that sells everything - use wwc coins and increase her stocks to include seaweed, feed, humus, deco's, boosters etc.   That would, I think, be a fairly simple solution.

I sent this out to our members. I'm sharing only so that perhaps GGS will take a look at what is going on.

"Based on member and forum feedback, we need to step away from this event for the time being. Normally, an event would be up to you to play or skip, but players here and on other servers are reporting huge lags and crashes when a challenge is on so much so as to make the game unplayable and unenjoyable. The tiny rewards aren't worth it to have members of our team shut out from regular play. Until GGS addresses this, please refrain from starting any challenges out of consideration for your team. Thanks so much!"
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    There are some worthwhile rewards there, the gold boxes at the end given out for coop ranks. The problem here is that a seemingly generous reward at the end will probably not last. Other events started with decent rewards at the beginning (the fishing hardworker, regular and coop hardworker, deep sea fishing) but then a few months later GGS came out with that dreaded re-balance and ruined it for us all. I dread this even will head in that same direction. The first few months will be reasonably generous just to lure us in and then GGS will take it away.

I'll try to be constructive.....two problems I see with this event in its current state.
    1. Terrible lag/unplayable at times when challenge is running
    2. Boosters........you earn a certain percentage in a challenge and it states your totals in next challenge will be boosted and then it doesn't work. It seems to be a booster that will only work if u activate it with gold and thats just greedy on GGS's part.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Oh and a third problem..........any member can start a challenge? Whats the point of having leaders and deputies if this is the case? It just causes drama within the coop and this setup needs to be changed.
    And finally the fourth problem: It does not worth playing.  ;)
    The took matured malt whiskey from an old bottle. Poured it on a bowl. Added some distilled water to it, (and some methylated spirit too I suspect). Sealed it in a larger bottle. Pasted some eye-catching label on the bottle.

And trying to sell it at 10-fold price.

Thats called innovation!!!!!
    The took matured malt whiskey from an old bottle. Poured it on a bowl. Added some distilled water to it, (and some methylated spirit too I suspect). Sealed it in a larger bottle. Pasted some eye-catching label on the bottle.

And trying to sell it at 10-fold price.

Thats called innovation!!!!!
    Nailed it!

• debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    edited 17.08.2018
    So, in the aim of being constructive, we have given this a go but in its current form I think we are also probably heading for the ranks of ignoring this event, which would actually be the only event we ignore if that is the case. 

This reminds us too much of satan's wishlist, without the "you all fail" part but also without the ability to all really join in collection due to time of challenge, harvest time or products. In other words the bad bit from wishlist has been removed but the best bit of wishlist has also been replaced.

We tried the easy 30 mins challenges and they were good and playable, but then every one seemed to ask for alfalfa, rutabaga, apples or cow feed, which meant doing back to back 30 mins ones became extremely difficult. Oh and boring.

We looked to have a go at a longer one, but their quantities were, like many have said, OTT large. Needs re-balancing. It must be possible to complete these challenges. We ended up with more points from the 30 mins challenges.

I had the impression that with the description of short/medium/long challenges that for each "coop" (a designation which appears to be rather pointless, a random contracts system like in Oktoberfest would be a more appropriate description) there would be a different version, and that (especially when seeing that medium length is supposed to be +60hours) I thought it may have been possible to start one and then we all merrily collect those items for a very long period of time, basically like the old league, but the longest challenge is just 13 hours, not even time for 2 harvests of peaches.   

As we have no idea what the next challenge would bring because all items seem to be possible it meant that we were having to hold back collection of everything, really harming general farming and also meaning that we can't really do any other event at the same time. 

The awards are also really poor and don't seem to be worth the effort involved. 
    And then we get onto the lag .... enough said. 
    Post edited by debj (GB1) on
  • Village fair is a new addition so there WILL BE issues that need resolving.

personally I think it has potential, but currently not worth playing. I think it Should of rolled out as a BETA version IMO to check out issues and test if players like it. 

I like the rebalance of the game kind of i.e no seaweed/weekly medals

Next CC and CHWE should be a bit more fun for co-ops that don't generate huge amounts of seaweed feed through weekly medals, the way it used to be was only the top co-ops win boosters/medals to give them a huge advantage for the next event.

I`m just looking at the big picture here :o
Sign In to comment.