Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 15th- Welcome to the Village Fair; Walk right in! - Discussion

Comments

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Gold why gold for the boosters.

You have made this unfair for most people who dont use gold at all or only if they win gml's as rewards.
    This fair is going to be so unfair. I was looking forward to this fair not so much anymore.
    You should have made the booster with farm dollars as well.
    Or is that what GG is all about now is gold.
    Im slowly losing interest in this game if thats what it is all about.

Unfortuntely thats what every "re-balance" has been about.........gold. Thats why kites and gumballs were taken away, also the reason why rewards in events have been severely downgraded. Rewards like seaweed reduce the need for players to purchase gold, GGS do not want that. What bothers me is the disrespect shown towards its customer base, introduce something to the game then take it away even though players used real money to buy it.......this is wrong on sooo many levels.
  • This is no fun. We are stuck not being able to farm things until you do the update. Have you noticed we don't already have the speed fertilizer and it takes hours to make cherries and other orchard items? We need them ready for the fair and you have just tied our hands for any farming until it starts. Please give us a specific time for the update. I know you don't want to be held to a time, but we want to farm.
    I'm farming normally. We probably plan to avoid Orchard challenges to start with to avoid the problem and build up a stock of speed fert
    Uncle John, that's one tip. What do we do when we have challenge after challenge to do for a week? We can't even harvest all of our milk at the same time or we won't have it for the next few missions, if they call for it. This is like missions on steroids. I can see some serious roid rage in the future when we're working out strategies to complete these. We also have to teach the whole co-op what to look for when choosing the challenges because we need to consider who has what and what's available for harvest and what players are present with bigger resources.
  • This is worse than missions. This is 30 minutes to complete a pre-set amount of something like wheat. Great if you can plant and harvest it in 30 minutes or have several members willing to spend gold to harvest a couple minutes early. Those big bags aren't going to be much help if we can't harvest them in the allotted time. What if someone chooses a milk mission and everyone spent their milk on the last challenge? Do we all do short feeds for the day on the chance that we'll need it for the next challenge? Will that make enough? Way too many problems with this type of set up. Finding successful strategies will be a challenge in itself.
  • Once again, it's all focus toward gold.  Some of us have homes to pay for, bills and family to take care of and just want a game that is relaxing and enjoyable to take some of our stress away.  I loved this game but it is starting to get more stressful all the time, it's all about buying gold for a game to get small things.....  I am losing interest and that makes me sad.  Maybe it's time I find something else to play that isn't so stressful and so costly.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I guess that " Finding successful strategies " is what I like best about this game, the feeling of having got more rewards for less effort. "Winning" or "beating people" is really not my thing   :¬)
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    edited 16.08.2018
    When it will come?
    I mean time^
    I just now saw an hotfix. I think it will come after it. :)
    Hoping for good rewards. :):)

AAAAH!!! Still village fair didn't came. don't know when GGS going to bring it.
    Post edited by jitu7 (IN1) on
  • jwllmsjnb (US1)jwllmsjnb (US1) US1 Posts: 409
    Just a silly question. If it's called the village fair, why does it not ask for anything from the village?
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    so no dollar boosters - tells you all you need to know
    no ongoing rewards system (ie like the medals) and no apparent benefit for ranking high as a coop - makes it all pointless as far as i can see

i really dont see any point to any of it apart from hw stuff, which i'll look at when it starts, but on current track record for hw rewards, will be largely rubbish

yep, cant really make an argument to even bother with it
  • Jacc (GB1)Jacc (GB1) GB1 Posts: 89
    Well I'm sorry to all of you that don't seem to like it but I think it is a great improvement. I hate doing missions and feel that I need to do the cc for the coop but it is usually just me as we have mostly part-timers. At last I will get personal rewards for my efforts, not that I am complaining about winning the seaweed feed, but a bit of variety is welcome. I shall not however be spending any gold on this so we shall see how it goes.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    so no dollar boosters - tells you all you need to know
    no ongoing rewards system (ie like the medals) and no apparent benefit for ranking high as a coop - makes it all pointless as far as i can see

i really dont see any point to any of it apart from hw stuff, which i'll look at when it starts, but on current track record for hw rewards, will be largely rubbish

yep, cant really make an argument to even bother with it
    I don't think our team will even bother with it, unless some changes are made after what was shown in the video.

Did anyone else catch the statement in the video that the Fair would "reduce the number of CC's to 2-3 times a month?" That's still an overwhelming number considering what we've been asking for, especially since the Fair seems to be a CC on steroids.
    i thought it was referring to the village fair thing when it said 2-3 times a month and cc would be reduced but hardly, going by what it said, i'll watch that bit again
    i thought it was referring to the village fair thing when it said 2-3 times a month and cc would be reduced but hardly, going by what it said, i'll watch that bit again
    Perhaps. I'm not awake, yet! LOL!
    edited 16.08.2018
    to quote:

this event will occasionally take the place of the co-operative championship and so the average amount of CCS will be a little lower in the future, we expect around two or three of these events to take place per month for

end quote

that's a little ambiguous to me, not sure what is two to three times per month, cc or village fair but does look like you were right and it's referring to cc's

edit:

if that is the case, in short they're gonna replace a four day cc with a week long village fair lmao
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    Did anyone else catch the statement in the video that the Fair would "reduce the number of CC's to 2-3 times a month?" That's still an overwhelming number considering what we've been asking for, especially since the Fair seems to be a CC on steroids.
    Yep, and when this is not welcommend by the community, they will go back and run more CC's afterall (and call it smth different) ...

What I have learned in my 1½ year here, is that nothing works, untill it has been redone several times, and everytime something new is introduced the 'hotfix' breaks something else...

In meantime Gold is still floating to GGS, for all the mistakes, misclicks etc, we and other members will make (probably not in my little coop) but I fear for several coops, old accounts, who gladly tries and tries and even if they are very tired of GGS, they are loyal - since 5 years now!) and spends thousands here, every month- but...just for how long yet?

Isn't the mainpart of GGS BF product (and the reason they got the Nasdaq listing) , that they have 'longterm members, who seems to spend more and more, whenever new things are launched' 
    That's what they write 'about us' in their businessplan - so...I guess it's all up to us!

Last week, I know of 3 big SKN accounts (+300) who has quit the game and is not to return..
    Another maybe 20 (I know of) players has started their own coop, with themselves or 1 or 2 other players.

When fair should be fair, I also know GGS wont suffer just because players are quitting (or going idle) at skn server, but when Japan, and India begins to fall - you'll see different response from the management - for sure - those er HUGE markets for GGS..

Village Fair, is a (new) competition for Goldusers, which is what it is - someone has to pay for the office - and I don't mind - since I have the last saying whether I wanna spend or not.

What is really not smart of GGS here, is that it isn't possible to buy boosters for farmdollars - but gold and only gold....that's a big error, and you put tremedous pressure on both the Gold users (since they have to pay for all - due to their contribution to coop economy) and the none Goldusers, who for some reason can't or won't pay, but probably would be able to spend some Farmdollars to help their coop.)

What we will see, is 'Gold Coops' fighting 'Gold Coops'...., and I'm pretty sure I can rank the first 20 coops on SKN which will be on top.- and rest won't care much.

Happy farming and fairwell Villagefair  (farvel in danish, means goodbye)

didah
    It has 2b Fun!

to quote:

this event will occasionally take the place of the co-operative championship and so the average amount of CCS will be a little lower in the future, we expect around two or three of these events to take place per month for

end quote

that's a little ambiguous to me, not sure what is two to three times per month, cc or village fair but does look like you were right and it's referring to cc's

edit:

if that is the case, in short they're gonna replace a four day cc with a week long village fair lmao
    You're correct -- ambiguous is the word. I was trying to do the math, too, concerning the number of days in the event. 

I really should reserve judgement, but it looks like one unpopular event is being replaced by another, only this one is blatantly goldcentric.
  • LuraBelle (US1)LuraBelle (US1) US1 Posts: 309
    It doesn't matter what we say they do what they want..
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 16.08.2018
    oh look how surprising NOT another gold only event for booster made just for the gold buyers....  Well i suppose the top gold buyers need it because without gold they would not be able to win.
  • Village fair is here

And as predicted it is junk. 

Are there any plans for better prizes GGS.

I will not be wasting gold to win prizes such as premium feed (i make that in my labs for $100 farm dollars) and seeds that i don`t use or want, prize 99 out of 100 x4 special lamb lettuce seeds ? i have 1875 already that i do NOT use !

Sort it out GGS the weekly CC`s were better than this pile of junk !
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    Village fair is here

Not running on INT1 yet
  • Village fair is here

Not running on INT1 yet
    Started around 2pm uk time.

nothing worth rushing to start IMO
    not worth bothering with !!
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @Lylu (INT1)

Starting times are being staggered across the servers - keep an eye on the parking areas of your 3 main farms :)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

As I predicted Village fair has the stench of a speed run, rewards are in line with recent garbage adjustments made for HWE and CC, worse if possible

We selected one of the lowest, mildest challenges to see what its like, and found we need collect 30 thousand olive oil, laughable 

please get your heads out of there and improve your math GGS

I watched the video concering the new VL event an noted that the only way to buy boosters is to use gold.  At least in the CCs and the CHWE we could buy boosters using farm dollars.  This is so disappointing.  :'(:(  Those who have tons of gold and are eager to spend real dollars for game gold are the ones who will rise to the top.  Again, it is all about the money (gold) and not about how well one can farm. 
    you got it in one, thats why the gold buyers always win, you dont have to be a good farmer or use good strategies in this game it all about How much gold you can throw in. 
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    I have done 2 village Challenges but it makes my game run very slow and the lag is chronic.  anyone else found this ? 
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Yes, very laggy  (and it's not something I usually suffer with)
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Wow, what a disappointment!
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Yes, very laggy  (and it's not something I usually suffer with)
    Not doing one and game running lovely now, hope it gets looked at 
Sign In to comment.