Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Update Aug 15th- Welcome to the Village Fair; Walk right in! - Discussion

Comments

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    PCA (GB1) said:

A video will be released AFTER THE UPDATE and AFTER  the event is launched.

The video will be be before the event starts, it may even be before the update, we don`t have a time for the update yet.

Its tomorrow anyway and I don't see the point of giving info when people don't have the time to read it in advance

I also don't see the point in launching an event as soon as the update is done, with a note like the one you just posted (not that its your fault @WascallyWabbit ) which explains little to nothing, unless GGS is assuming people will be sitting there to wait for the update and then the info and then will be "playing happily ever after"  

GGS getting more and more careless

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Wow we got new hwe in the form simple VF 
    Its like a kid bro/sis of wwc /cc/c hwe  and u will see how much good stuff is there for u to enjoy for example in cc u gain 20wet pig feed no there is no such rewards in this we have 30 wet cow feed oh yes rewards upgrade from 20 to 30 yeah
  • So less than 24 hrs notice. Is all the uncertainty lack of information provided to our wonderful moderators, or simply that GGS doesn't know what will happen because their test environment is so bad?

How about resources wasted on challenges started and not finished prior to this poor announcement?
    It is 36 hours notice & your coop is not even in a challenge at the moment.  :|

Turns out it was only 12, so it is a good job you are not in a challenge lol
    Your attitude sucks WascallyWabbit and this from a moderator as well! GGS screws up once again and you revert to insults and pedantic comments from user like the one above? The fact remains is that there are plenty of valid questions being asked and NO proper answers being offered.
  • I hope I'm not being too cynical, but I see "we will do less CC's" giving us a village event that takes place over a fixed few days like a CC. Will offer boosters for gold and cash like a CC. and you can choose to play, but there is a league table system, so if you don't keep a certain level, you get demoted to a lower league… yes, like a CC. Oh, and the awards will be like hard work events.  Personally I liked the village medals, enabling us to choose rewards. I hope the gameplay lifts my spirit as there will be choices on what to collect by the look of it... here's hoping!
    Civvie KK
  • Waznt Me (US1)Waznt Me (US1) US1 Posts: 339
    edited 14.08.2018
    I think I get it,   :) in the first announcement it said the new challenges would have a time limit whereas there isn't one now in the village league, the challenges run till completely done.
    And I think the question is how the ranking of the coops is determined.

You choose a challenge that has a time limit that you like & different ones are worth different amounts of points.

How will this effect the CC or anything else to do with which coop is in what position?
    The Village Fair is a separate event, but will hopefully mean less CC.
    Wabbit, if we aren't going head to head with another coop, does this mean we will be forever defending our position? Will we be expected to do this daily or weekly? Thank you for the heads up on the changes.
    It will be like other events, where you collect points during the time that the event is running.

Super, so new bugs introduced on Wednesday with timed events to spice up our lag...gee I can't wait.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

Wasn't a huge fan of the medals shop in that (1), couldn't save them up for larger ticket items, and (2) prices weren't static. Buy one and the price doubled if you wanted another one, and then again. 

If it were more like the WWC coin truck, then, yes. 

Yep, WWC coins  just what I was thinking of

for the moment GGS has deleted some rewards that could be bought with WWC coins, next they will delete the WWC coins completely, just as they removed the medals

But no worries, you will still be rewarded with decos and speed feed for participating in events

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    What's the time of Start the event
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,580
    PCA (GB1) said:

Wasn't a huge fan of the medals shop in that (1), couldn't save them up for larger ticket items, and (2) prices weren't static. Buy one and the price doubled if you wanted another one, and then again. 

If it were more like the WWC coin truck, then, yes. 

Yep, WWC coins  just what I was thinking of

for the moment GGS has deleted some rewards that could be bought with WWC coins, next they will delete the WWC coins completely, just as they removed the medals

But no worries, you will still be rewarded with decos and speed feed for participating in events

LOLOLOLOL!!!

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• I was wondering, if we complete a challenge in that VF, can we choose to do another and gain those points also? We're trying to see how the best set up is going to be, everyone there at the start or an on going few hours a day for some players.

• Agree with you Lorelei2001. Less CC's will be wonderful and definitely will make being in a co-op so much more fun.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    I'm trying to be positive about the VF as well.  After reading the introduction on it, I am skeptical.  Seems it might be just another stressful game play if co-ops have to continue to defend their position.  Why not just allow the events without having to defend a position in the league?  I hope I am wrong about this, but replacing one high stress portion of the game with another, isn't any better than having the VL the way it was.  Less CC's makes less stress, but adding more doesn't make things better.  I hope I am wrong on this though.

• FarmerCli (US1)FarmerCli (US1) US1 Posts: 2,423
    What I want to know is if the new coming "volcanic farm" will be available on the Test Server before it comes to our live servers?

Photo taken by FarmerCli  (Front Porch View of Elk grazing in pasture) 2015

• edwinmit (INT1)edwinmit (INT1) INT1 Posts: 47
    i guess sence new event testing is not great, test farms are ignored! we will go into this eyes wide shut and they hope we will spend a lot of real money on gold!
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    I guess one way to look at it is, if you choose not to play, you don't have the stress added to your play.  If you choose not to play you won't be forced because another coop made you play.  So, if rank in the VL is not important to your coop, you can rest easy and just let the new VF pass by each time it comes,  Now that would make things far less stressful for everyone involved.  Good?  Maybe, we wait and see!

• What is happening with challenges that are going on now?  we just got challenged by the usual coop that always loses even though nobody actively does anything other then regular farming. Will this challenge end with the update?
  • What is happening with challenges that are going on now?  we just got challenged by the usual coop that always loses even though nobody actively does anything other then regular farming. Will this challenge end with the update?
    @GoldenrodFarm (US1) What is "supposed" to happen, is that you should be able to complete the challenge & get the result pop-up, with your medals, which will allow you access to the shop to spend them. However, the team are not sure exactly which things will disappear, so, for example, when the wagons disappear, will you also lose the tab below the next harvest timers? - in which case you would not be able to see the current scores in the challenge & you would just have to wait for the pop-up to see who won ... A blind challenge might be fun lol

As you are just doing the challenge through normal farm activity, it can`t do any harm, just see what you have after the wagons disappear from the village & hopefully win the last of the medals :)

Community Guidelines | GGS TOS | How to Clear your Cache |  Click to Contact Support

"I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions!" - Caine

• rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,541
    When do we have to change to HTML5?
    Will the stand alone Flash Player also not work anymore?

Sign In to comment.