Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 15th- Welcome to the Village Fair; Walk right in! - Discussion

Hi Guys, 

You can discuss the Village League - Closure Notice  and the Latest Update here.

Edit: Date changed (then changed back)
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    What will happen to players with the village league medal gumball booster decoration? Will there still be some benefit for the booster part of the decoration?
  • @ninjahuman (AU1) We did ask about both the Gumball machines & the CC Gold trophies, both of which boost medals & though the team did not have an answer at the time, they are aware that they need to do something with both items, so hopefully they have not been forgotten.
  • So less than 24 hrs notice. Is all the uncertainty lack of information provided to our wonderful moderators, or simply that GGS doesn't know what will happen because their test environment is so bad?

How about resources wasted on challenges started and not finished prior to this poor announcement?
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I suspect the short notice has much to do with the fact that they were unsure whether they could get it done before a new week began. I assume that this is a high priority feature for the development team, since they have put the Volcano farm and other things on the back-burner for so long. 
    Not looking forward to the re-vamped Village Fair, but gotta wait and see I guess
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 12.08.2018
    So less than 24 hrs notice. Is all the uncertainty lack of information provided to our wonderful moderators, or simply that GGS doesn't know what will happen because their test environment is so bad?

How about resources wasted on challenges started and not finished prior to this poor announcement?
    It is 36 hours notice & your coop is not even in a challenge at the moment.  :|

Turns out it was only 12, so it is a good job you are not in a challenge lol
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • DoomDark (INT1)DoomDark (INT1) INT1 Posts: 50
    Good riddance Village league. You will not be missed.

Btw, while you are at it, how about wiping everything from that village? And maybe create something useful in there?

DD
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    Please don't shoot me but I'm reasonably :D interested to see the new event.
    Personally I did not enjoy the Village League much. It was certainly possible in theory to ignore any challenges issued but not so easy in practice to not get drawn into trying to "defend your honour".

It always seemed to me that my coop felt quite demoralised when that final notice popped up to tell us we'd been beaten, although, perhaps I'm just projecting, hehe.

At any rate, if this event makes it possible to decide to opt out/not participate without rewarding you with a pile of poo if you drop in the rankings, that would be awesome.

Am I being too optimistic here?
    Hope not !
    (keeping fingers crossed tightly)

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 13.08.2018
    Ok, while I do agree that I am glad to see the end of the Village League, I am not looking forward to yet another competitive aspect to the game. They haven't really announced if the specifics in the Village Fair, but I expect it'll still be another coop-against- coop type competition. If there is an opt-out feature, and if the coop leader has control, it might be ok. But as GG is developing this, I am not holding my breath.
    Post edited by MRG1 (US1) on
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 12.08.2018
    From Wabbit in the notice post just now.

"Notice edited to clarify that the league ends at the midnight at the start of Monday, not the end of Monday.
    (Approx 4 hours 20 mins from now)"

So @WascallyWabbit , does that mean the village league fair begins immediately?

• So @WascallyWabbit , does that mean the village league fair begins immediately?
    No that needs an update to add it to the game, should be this week if all goes to plan :)
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Don't know what to ask but u said something about time what's that? In vl no time but vf there is 
    U said groups about positions what's the meaning of that vl ranking, members in a group,or total number present+ vacant space of members,coop rank?
  • Thank you for letting us know. 
  • Don't know what to ask but u said something about time what's that? In vl no time but vf there is 
    U said groups about positions what's the meaning of that vl ranking, members in a group,or total number present+ vacant space of members,coop rank?
    Don`t know what to answer there Xcution, can you make the questions more clear please, I can`t work out what you are asking. :/
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    I think I get it,   :) in the first announcement it said the new challenges would have a time limit whereas there isn't one now in the village league, the challenges run till completely done.
    And I think the question is how the ranking of the coops is determined.

• How will this effect the CC or anything else to do with which coop is in what position?
  • So less than 24 hrs notice. Is all the uncertainty lack of information provided to our wonderful moderators, or simply that GGS doesn't know what will happen because their test environment is so bad?

It is 36 hours notice & your coop is not even in a challenge at the moment.  :|

Turns out it was only 12, so it is a good job you are not in a challenge lol
    I never claimed I was in a coop involved in a challenge, partly due to the large whole in CC/HWE events in the August calendar and figuring it was left for a hopeful roll out of the Fair. I was merely asking for the ones that might be, since things don't always seem to be done with players efforts in mind. 
  • Wabbit, if we aren't going head to head with another coop, does this mean we will be forever defending our position? Will we be expected to do this daily or weekly? Thank you for the heads up on the changes.
  • Whoooo hooooo to our Big Farm Team for keeping the game exciting.

Thank you

c(____) here's a toast to a successful unweaving and weaving of data

You got this!!! Appreciate all your dedication and hard work.

I wait patiently

iluvfarming
  • I think I get it,   :) in the first announcement it said the new challenges would have a time limit whereas there isn't one now in the village league, the challenges run till completely done.
    And I think the question is how the ranking of the coops is determined.

You choose a challenge that has a time limit that you like & different ones are worth different amounts of points.

How will this effect the CC or anything else to do with which coop is in what position?
    The Village Fair is a separate event, but will hopefully mean less CC.
    Wabbit, if we aren't going head to head with another coop, does this mean we will be forever defending our position? Will we be expected to do this daily or weekly? Thank you for the heads up on the changes.
    It will be like other events, where you collect points during the time that the event is running.

• Do we still keep our rankings in the village league or does is start with the fiasco like when it 1st started 
    Where is the vlge fair? I don't see any right noe?
    And thanks @grrr (NL1)
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    We have to wait for an update before it shows up as mentioned in an earlier post by WascallyWabbit.  scroll up to find it.
  • why did we  get unbeaten rewards today, Is this an error or have you taken them away, it is the 2rd time this has happened?
  • We DIDN'T get our unbeaten rewards today, is it an error or have you taken them away? This is the2rd time it has happened to my coop :(
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    Medals were a good thing in all that nonsense Village League fiasco.

I presume also this time GGS has no idea how to keep good things going while removing the nonsense

• Do we still keep our rankings in the village league or does is start with the fiasco like when it 1st started 
    @geezers (GB1) Initially the rankings for each run of the Village Fair event, will be based on points earned during the event. There will be an ongoing coop ranking system in due course, but that will be added later, once everyone is familiar with how the event works.

• We DIDN'T get our unbeaten rewards today, is it an error or have you taken them away? This is the2rd time it has happened to my coop :(
    @Sheenastar (GB1) If you did not get the medals for your achievements this week, you would need to contact support, but, realistically, I don`t know if there is much that they would be able to do about it, with the medal system about to be removed from the game, still it can't hurt to try. :)
    Let us know  when the update will come for the village fair
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    In this post it was stated that the update will be on Wednesday and the Village fair will also start at that time.

"The deactivation of the alliance league was (quite obviously) not successful as we suspected it might have some issues. Instead we will attempt deactivation on Wednesday, which is currently the planned date for the update & the start of new Village Fair."
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3929034/#Comment_3929034

This means we will start the new cooperative event at the same time we get the announcement?
    I do not like this at all. We will not even know what to do at the start. In the past we have gotten the announcement a few days before the events start.
  • Jillaroo (US1)Jillaroo (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    Personally I am looking forward to the Village Fair, and hopefully far less CC's. It will be a game changer for me and will make being in a coop much more attractive.
Sign In to comment.