Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

FHWE: Please give option of different reward than Skipjack & Trawler / Ships in inventory

bettina (US1)bettina (US1) Posts: 20
edited 10.08.2018 in Suggestions
Since our boat fleets are limited to only 14, having a Skipjack and Trawler as rewards in the FHWE becomes useless when you have completed your fleet with the boats that you want.

It then becomes just annoying to see those boats pile up in your inventory when you can't do anything with them.

It would be nice if we had a different reward option like is now done with the cat charms. Preferably gold or cash.
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    Yes, or at least give us an option to sell the boats. I mean we did spend our money catching all those fish. Least they could do LOL! 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Right now, I need those boats (well, maybe not the wherries, LOL!)  But I can see how a choice would be beneficial to a lot of players -- me, too, at some point.  Choice is good.  Great suggestion!
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    Just limit your Fleet to 13 boats - then you can build and demolish all the boat prizes as you get them.
  • Just limit your Fleet to 13 boats - then you can build and demolish all the boat prizes as you get them.
    Is there a REAL benefit to doing that, other than getting rid of excess boats? If so, I am unaware of it. And I'd rather just let them accumulate and use my building time for other things, as well as having a fully upgraded set of 14 boats, which I couldn't do if I'm leaving a slot open.
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    No extra benefit other than being able to build and demo boats - I do that with the prize boats, however, I know some other people also just build and demo Motorboats for the Fishing Experience points.  Until I have 13 level 6 Trawlers, I'm happy have an open slot.  My current Fleet is all lvl 4 & 5 Trawls and I empty pools fast enough that I don't miss that last 14th boat.
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    I really love there are skipjacks & trawlers as prizes with FHWE; wasn't able to upgrade dockyard for a long time so the skipjacks really came in handy & when the trawler came onboard...WOW...I felt like I'd hit the jackpot. Soooo glad I got a 4th trawler & finally able to fill contracts faster & make more $$$s so that could upgrade dockyard.  I demolished all motorboats & runabouts to build the skipjacks & trawlers I at long last won.  I am not complaining.  Have dockyard at level that I can upgrade the skipjacks...too much complaining & you just know GGs going to take it to heart & make some other horrible changes...at some point will be feasible to demolish wherries one at a time too. no no no complaints from me re extra anything.
    If nothing else, demolish extra boats you don't want & get some $$$s for them; that's what happened when I demolished motorboats/runabouts...was very pleased with the end result....good continued farming and fishing.....there have already been too many changes...NOW NO CHRISTAMS PREPARATIONS, LOST LISTS was at half way to finishing list so could help other coop members...really sad & disappointing; it was really fun & felt really Christmas-y ...
  • Since our boat fleets are limited to only 14, having a Skipjack and Trawler as rewards in the FHWE becomes useless when you have completed your fleet with the boats that you want.

It then becomes just annoying to see those boats pile up in your inventory when you can't do anything with them.

It would be nice if we had a different reward option like is now done with the cat charms. Preferably gold or cash.

Yes, like the kitty awards, we get a choice...everyone will get there at some point and the point is....a lot are already there, we need that choice NOW or soon    :# 

And thank you very much ...  B)   The HWE Fishing is awesome, just needs a little tweaking, maybe a boatload of our needed fish.... money is always good... BUT if it causes bugs FORGET IT !  

• GuestSdaf (US1)GuestSdaf (US1) US1 Posts: 86
    sure there is benefits to building and demolishing boats...money.  all the boats have a salvage value to them.  i keep 1 level 1 trawler and use it to demolish and build the new boats.   get money from them as i demolish!  i hardly ever have all boats out...not enough fish to catch.  never do i run out of time to catch fish in a hole.
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    I cannot even get 1 trawler, let alone have 4 upgraded to lvl 6 as the quest requires as I'm only lvl 76 and need to be lvl 120... why bother giving quests I cannot do!?!
  • I would like to see the boat fleet raised to 20 - that way could have a couple of runabouts for 'mop up' use - for getting the last few fish the larger boats fail to get with the crews and such available for them. I also agree with giving us a choice of boat related items for rewards in the Fishing HWE! Crews, 'safety items' (which I feel are just a crap shoot to buy as if you use one, instead of it protecting your catch, something else not used gets them), fishing paraphernalia - nets, poles, etc. - and chum would be welcomed. Not always a 'bigger and better' boat! I am still not able to upgrade my skip jacks and trawlers. Don't like to send out such a BIG boat for these smaller catches. Still need a couple of smaller ones.
    Otherwise, I love the FHWE! However, I do have a question - when is it considered 'finished? I have completed the entire reward part and gone on in points - but have never gotten credit for a 'finished event' in the achievements countdown. So, does this event count there or not? 
  • @ClassyLady1 (US1) If I recall, the event achievements get credited for the weekly events like camping, fairytale etc. 
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Selling them would work.   OR how about as a reward, an upgrade for the ship of choice?
  • Players need to think like GGS, they give us the same rewards because they know after a while that the reward is totally useless, like the pavillion deco's , or the $7,000 "wins" . If we want something different we could always use Gold ! just noticed it says HW just started ! Also the fishing market still requests loads of shrimp etc , no shrimp to catch so i cannot sell any fish, so why bother fishing for the better fish ( possibly speeding them) if i cannot sell them. ( not just yet ) Still laughing at the xmas event, the most important time of the year and they mess it up. were we all winning too many rewards ? 
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    I suggest to change the trash buttons to sell buttons for boats, decorations, equipment, and crew.   
  • Lela88 (INT1)Lela88 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 12
    Many players have lots of ships in inventory. I have 16 trawlers and many skipjacks. They are totally useless. I don't want to throw them in a trash. It's the reward I got. It's meaningless to ruin trawlers 6th lvl to build new one, lvl 1.  Why don't you allow us to give them to players with lower level? Or you have some better idea? The worst idea is that a trash can is placed next to these boats.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Just atm I'm building and then demolishing some of mine. Takes about 5 hours and earns $5,000,000 for each.
    (but it would be nice to have a better alternative)
  • Lela88 (INT1)Lela88 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 12
    I don't see the point of destroying the trawler level 5 or 6, than make 30-40 ships, and to destroy them and re-make the trawler to the 6th level. It takes time, nerves, and it makes no sense.The least logical is to throw them in the trash, and rewards should have some purpose. Instead of a trash, it should be  the price of $ 5,000,000.
  • I really love there are skipjacks & trawlers as prizes with FHWE; wasn't able to upgrade dockyard for a long time so the skipjacks really came in handy & when the trawler came onboard...WOW...I felt like I'd hit the jackpot. Soooo glad I got a 4th trawler & finally able to fill contracts faster & make more $$$s so that could upgrade dockyard.  I demolished all motorboats & runabouts to build the skipjacks & trawlers I at long last won.  I am not complaining.  Have dockyard at level that I can upgrade the skipjacks...too much complaining & you just know GGs going to take it to heart & make some other horrible changes...at some point will be feasible to demolish wherries one at a time too. no no no complaints from me re extra anything.
    If nothing else, demolish extra boats you don't want & get some $$$s for them; that's what happened when I demolished motorboats/runabouts...was very pleased with the end result....good continued farming and fishing.....there have already been too many changes...NOW NO CHRISTAMS PREPARATIONS, LOST LISTS was at half way to finishing list so could help other coop members...really sad & disappointing; it was really fun & felt really Christmas-y ...
    I never noticed that I get $$ out of boats demolished, there is nothing that says I do
    I LOVE the trawlers. Please don't get rid of them.
    edited 15.07.2018
    I really love there are skipjacks & trawlers as prizes with FHWE; wasn't able to upgrade dockyard for a long time so the skipjacks really came in handy & when the trawler came onboard...WOW...I felt like I'd hit the jackpot. Soooo glad I got a 4th trawler & finally able to fill contracts faster & make more $$$s so that could upgrade dockyard.  I demolished all motorboats & runabouts to build the skipjacks & trawlers I at long last won.  I am not complaining.  Have dockyard at level that I can upgrade the skipjacks...too much complaining & you just know GGs going to take it to heart & make some other horrible changes...at some point will be feasible to demolish wherries one at a time too. no no no complaints from me re extra anything.
    I never noticed that I get $$ out of boats demolished, there is nothing that says I do
    Yes there is. Hover over your boats and then hover over the demolish/bulldozer button -- it shows you how much you get if you demolish the boats.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • CONCE (US1)CONCE (US1) US1 Posts: 16
    I am a leader in our coop and want to help a player fish. She has one boat and no place to fish; no shrimp on the jagged rocks, no lobster rocks, no jagged circles... Why?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I cannot even get 1 trawler, let alone have 4 upgraded to lvl 6 as the quest requires as I'm only lvl 76 and need to be lvl 120... why bother giving quests I cannot do!?!
    You will be able to do this task just not right away ;)
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 17.07.2018
    Seems a bit unfair to remove boats from the rewards for those who have not won the boats they need to get their fleet going nicely.  I don't have any trawlers, and I would sure like to add some to my fleet in the future.

Edit:  To say if what you meant by giving a choice would be that those boats would still be a part of the choice but to also get something else, like say 200 Johns or something?  I think something like that would work for all involved.
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
  • I would also love to get some trawlers, and would rather they didn't change the rewards
  • We have been pushing for a long time for a solution to the problems caused by the boat rewards. For many people who have 14 boats already, there is no way to get them out of the drop box & gain any benefit from them & in the meantime they are using up more & more dropbox space. We have asked for removal of the dropbox storage limit as well.
    We have been pushing for a long time for a solution to the problems caused by the boat rewards. For many people who have 14 boats already, there is no way to get them out of the drop box & gain any benefit from them & in the meantime they are using up more & more dropbox space. We have asked for removal of the dropbox storage limit as well.
    Like this -- thanks!!  But please ask them to leave the trawlers so that everyone has a chance to build their fleet. :)

• We have been pushing for a long time for a solution to the problems caused by the boat rewards. For many people who have 14 boats already, there is no way to get them out of the drop box & gain any benefit from them & in the meantime they are using up more & more dropbox space. We have asked for removal of the dropbox storage limit as well.
    Like this -- thanks!!  But please ask them to leave the trawlers so that everyone has a chance to build their fleet. :)

@artful (US1) We asked for them to be optional rather than removing them, because they do ot cause a problem for those players still building up a fleet, who actually want them. :)
  • Yes, or at least give us an option to sell the boats. I mean we did spend our money catching all those fish. Least they could do LOL! 

I would like the option to transfer the excess boats to other members in our coop that are a lower level.  A transfer fee of gold perhaps.   They would love a level 1 skipjack that I will never use.  I would like also to be able to gift other members of our coop with dollars and gold.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I am a leader in our coop and want to help a player fish. She has one boat and no place to fish; no shrimp on the jagged rocks, no lobster rocks, no jagged circles... Why?
    It sounds like the member has not completed all the steps required to open the "Deep Sea Fishing Region" yet
    Have a look through this & maybe forward it to your members of the co op ;)
    http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/dockyard/task_list.htm
Sign In to comment.