Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Goldfish Rescue Event - (Coop Goldfish Pond)

Comments

• Also the more fish you add the more flake they eat.  I actually can't be bothered with then so only have 10, made too much flake so have enough to feed for a month! :blush:
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    if game is only for farmers in coop, why are blue bugs dropping from harvests?
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    sorry forgot to mention --- am not in coop; therefore, what use are blue bugs?
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    Also the more fish you add the more flake they eat.  I actually can't be bothered with then so only have 10, made too much flake so have enough to feed for a month! :blush:
    Send Oleg for 22 hours 30 minutes for 30 goldfish(33 with amphibian) for about 500000 dollars.  In 4 days, you could get about 100 points per second.  
  • At higher levels, that cost for oleg is like 1.2 million, not 500k... so I get the gf myself.
  • if game is only for farmers in coop, why are blue bugs dropping from harvests?
    The "blue bugs" have nothing to do with the coops. You can use the windmill to make them into goldfish bait and then you go fishing yourself. You can see this option on the second tab on your windmill.

• I won today 20 Fertilizer in a Gold Fish Rescue event and did not receive any of it. How can I get that reward?

Did not have this problem so far...
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Either feed your goldfish or add another fish to release the prize 
  • Doesn't all this seem to be a little too redudant? O_o
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Doesn't all this seem to be a little too redudant? O_o
    Not at all all the gold fish you & your co op rescue will end up in the gold fish pond in your co op village to help improve the production costs there ;)
  • Eowyn12 (HU1)Eowyn12 (HU1) HU1 Posts: 168
    Hi everyone,

I have a question about goldfish rescue.

Members of my coop do the goldfish rescue event when it appears. Our fish pond is on 7th level. But there are too many fishes. We have not enough time to make fish food for them, so we see every day the notice that we have just 24 hours left to feed them.

So my question is what happens if we don't feed them? Will they die and can we start to collect gold fishes again on the same 7th level of the pond?

I know that the village happines will decrease. But I like to know what happens with the fishes.

Thanks,
    E.

• RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    Hi there, @Eowyn12 (HU1)  ,

Yes, we're expecting that the fish will die off if not fed enough.
    Your pond will stay at level 7 but the feeding requirements for the pond will go down when there is less fish in it.
    And that will also cause the "extra" bonus happiness of the pond to decrease but not the village happiness that is attached to the level of the pond itself.

Hope this answers your question :)

• Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    edited 15.07.2018
    RowdyRac said:
    Hi there, @Eowyn12 (HU1)  ,

Yes, we're expecting that the fish will die off if not fed enough.
    Your pond will stay at level 7 but the feeding requirements for the pond will go down when there is less fish in it.
    And that will also cause the "extra" bonus happiness of the pond to decrease but not the village happiness that is attached to the level of the pond itself.

Hope this answers your question :)

Can I get a confirmation from someone whose coop has run out of food, that the fish do actually die off if you run out of food and that they die off incrementally and not all of them all at once?
    @Lylu (INT1) yes the fish die off. Just how many would depend on how many was added at 1 time. Say you added 25 & no one else was able to catch any gold fish to add to your co op gold fish pond. So you do not feed these gold fish and with in a few days the 25 would die from lack of food ;-)
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    ...Or to put it another way, let's say we have 500 goldfish in the village pond when a new goldfish rescue begins.  During this event, we earn 1000 goldfish.  At the end of the event, does the pond now contain 1000 goldfish (pond got reset), or 1500 goldfish (new goldfish added to old total)?
    If your co op can keep the Gold Fish feed then they will be there for ever. Each "Gold Fish Rescue" event that comes along give us a chance to add more Gold Fish to the pond. Which will give a better production cost with in your Cooperative Village (CV) and if enough are caught by a member then they would also receive a bonus to help reduce their share of the production cost with in the CV.

This may help you & your co op with the "Village Pond" http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/village/village_pond.htm
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    Thanks.  We've been having trouble keeping the pond stocked with feed lately, and I suspected it was because it kept adding more and more goldfish with every subsequent event, but I didn't know for sure if that's what happens.
  • Jenni 1 (AU1)Jenni 1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    Thanks.  We've been having trouble keeping the pond stocked with feed lately, and I suspected it was because it kept adding more and more goldfish with every subsequent event, but I didn't know for sure if that's what happens.
    We had the same problem keeping the fish fed so let their feed run out and didn't feed them for a day or so.  Very slowly some of the fish "left to find feed from other sources"...
    When the level dropped to a number we though we could easily manage we started feeding them again
  • mrmmatt (US1)mrmmatt (US1) US1 Posts: 18
    If after each Gold fish rescue,  the gold fish are added to the village pond,  which then increases the burn rate of pellets.   At some point, we won't be able to make enough pellets to keep the fish fed.    There needs to be a cap,  or a way to reduce the consumption rate.

We are headed to a cliff....   or perhaps a better symbol would be a whirlpool.  :-)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    If after each Gold fish rescue,  the gold fish are added to the village pond,  which then increases the burn rate of pellets.   At some point, we won't be able to make enough pellets to keep the fish fed.    There needs to be a cap,  or a way to reduce the consumption rate.

We are headed to a cliff....   or perhaps a better symbol would be a whirlpool.  :-)
    We aren't there, yet, as we seem to be making too much of the things -- short turnaround in the mill and high yield makes it an easy choice for feed missions.

I've noticed some coops in your situation either ask members to make one full batch daily, or to not participate in the Rescue for a bit until they can catch up.

May I ask what your consumption rate is?
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    There is a way to reduce the consumption rate... upgrade the pond.
    There is a way to reduce the consumption rate... upgrade the pond.
    According to Crazy Big Farm's chart, upgrading increases the consumption rate, if I'm looking at it correctly.  I know we had to upgrade ours because members were having trouble dumping their pellets. Once we upgraded, no problem.
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 08.08.2018
    @mrmmatt (US1) @Shay1968 (US1) @artful (US1) The consumption rate is determined by the amount of bonus VH that you have, but when you upgrade the pond, in addition to the higher VH, you get an increase in the storage capacity for pellets & your % pellet bonus:

The bonus gives you extra pellets each time you donate & I think it can be increased up to a max of 20%.
  • RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    @artful (US1) are you referring to the pellet icon on the pond upgrade chart?
    The % shown under that icon indicates a bonus to pellets donated, rather than an increase in pellets consumed.
    Thanks guys.  All I know is that when we upgraded our pond, our consumption increased. (My head's about to explode!)  LOL!
  • Thanks guys.  All I know is that when we upgraded our pond, our consumption increased. (My head's about to explode!)  LOL!
    @artful (US1) That shouldn`t happen - Is it possible that your upgrade coincided with the end of the GFR event & you also gained more bonus VH?
  • mrmmatt (US1)mrmmatt (US1) US1 Posts: 18
    when we upgraded our pond,  it did not reduce the consumption rate.  It does give more storage space,  but that isn't a help since we aren't anywhere near that amount.  Ha

Our village happiness is in great shape... +422

Our consumption rate is 515 per hour.  That is roughly 12K per day.   That is a small struggle for a smaller sized co-op.  I am more worried about going forward than the current rate.   I am not working the gold fish rescue for just that reason,  which means I miss out on the prizes.  :-(
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    You should go ahead and work the goldfish event
    If you eventually  get too many goldfish in your pond and can't feed them, then you can let them go hungry and some will die off.  Once that happens, the the required food rate will decrease and you can start feeding them again.
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 09.08.2018
    Jenni 1 (AU1) said:
    We had the same problem keeping the fish fed so let their feed run out and didn't feed them for a day or so.  Very slowly some of the fish "left to find feed from other sources"...
    When the level dropped to a number we though we could easily manage we started feeding them again
    @mrmmatt (US1) I think this post from Jenni ^^^^ has the answer that you are looking for. 
  • my fish did not get transfered to my pond ... i only have 10 fish as this is my first time doing this event ..so testing the waters so to speak ... there are plenty of pellets in the pond (19,450 to be exact) so i dont understand why the fish are not there ... current goldfish consumption 0... im confussed ... i have rebooted and cleared cache so at this point should i just write up a ticket for support?
Sign In to comment.