Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

AmEx Incompatible??

I'm trying to help a player buy gold. His American Express card is the only one he says he trusts for overseas transactions, and has never had a problem.

After several tries to buy gold, he gets a message each time that his card number is "incomplete or incompatible."  He tried entering it with the dashes, and again without the dashes. All the info is correct and complete, he says.

Has anyone else had this problem using their AmEx or any other credit card for that matter? Any advice I can pass along? (He can't get into the Forum.) He's about to give up at this point.

Thanks!

Comments

• @artful (US1) There is no one for us to ask right now, as it is 21:45pm in Germany, but I will ask someone as soon as they arrive in the morning.

In the meantime, he can try contacting payment support, you never know someone may be there or possibly other AmEx users may be able to help.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    @artful (US1) There is no one for us to ask right now, as it is 21:45pm in Germany, but I will ask someone as soon as they arrive in the morning.

In the meantime, he can try contacting payment support, you never know someone may be there or possibly other AmEx users may be able to help.
    Thanks, WW. He's more interested in finding out if others have had the same problem with credit cards and what they did. I'm no help, obviously. :)

He may be open to trying another card, but he says his AmEx card has the lowest fees for conversion. 
  • @artful (US1)  I don`t know if this would help, but he could maybe use Paypal & have Paypal charge his AmEx card.
    @artful (US1)  I don`t know if this would help, but he could maybe use Paypal & have Paypal charge his AmEx card.
    I asked him, and he doesn't use Paypal. He passes along his thanks, btw. :)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I have used Visa a couple of times to buy small amounts of gold. Never had a problem ;)
    edited 03.08.2018
    I have used Visa a couple of times to buy small amounts of gold. Never had a problem ;)
    Thanks ... I'll pass that on. He just likes using the AmEx cards for overseas transactions. He says they cover his back better if things go wrong. :)  And the message is ticking him off, I think. LOL! "Incomplete or incompatible" number. My guess is that their system hasn't been upgraded in a very long time.
  • I've used Visa as well (debit card) No problems either. Is AmEx number in the same format as Visa? I recall some years back a card co. having a different number layout than others.
    I've used Visa as well (debit card) No problems either. Is AmEx number in the same format as Visa? I recall some years back a card co. having a different number layout than others.
    I don''t know. Mine has the same string of numbers as my other ccs. I presume his is the same. The site expressly states it takes AmEx, so it should darn well take it.  He reported that someone else in his coop had the same difficulty with AmEx.

It might be a problem with the security code which is one digit longer now than other ccs.  I don't know what he ended up doing. I just posted his question for him here as he can't get into the Forum.  
  • That is odd, probably is that security code #, is what they say is not right.
  • @artful (US1) The reply that I got regarding this issue is:

"No specific known issues though we did have a period where some were using the wrong payment option for cards in some regions. The only thing I can suggest for now is make sure they have selected the correct CC option, enter the number on the card without using any dashes or spaces (the payment method adds those itself) and ensure the name is spelled correctly. If none of that works we'll need a name to take a deeper look at the purchase attempts"

If the problem persists, send me the name in a PM & they can check better, I will also ask about the security code on Monday.
    @artful (US1) The reply that I got regarding this issue is:

"No specific known issues though we did have a period where some were using the wrong payment option for cards in some regions. The only thing I can suggest for now is make sure they have selected the correct CC option, enter the number on the card without using any dashes or spaces (the payment method adds those itself) and ensure the name is spelled correctly. If none of that works we'll need a name to take a deeper look at the purchase attempts"

If the problem persists, send me the name in a PM & they can check better, I will also ask about the security code on Monday.
    I told him to contact you if he continues to have a problem. He assures me everything has been entered properly. (He says he's used that card to buy gold here before.)

As for his name, I have absolutely no idea what his player name is here. We are on another Forum together, and he casually mentioned the problem and I offered to help. Ball's in his court. LOL!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file