Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Sell Dung in the Organic Market ⏳

artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
edited 27.07.2018 in Suggestions
Anyone who has played any length of time probably is up to their necks in dung. Can't sell it. Can't trade it. Can't make it into anything else but fertilizer. Why not allow us to off load some of it to neighbors who visit the market?

They would be happy to buy it for their gardens, to send in anonymous packages to their exes, or fill the heating ducts at work when they want a day off -- it would be a very popular item, I am sure. :)
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• funambuleke (FR1)funambuleke (FR1) FR1 Posts: 11,845
    edited 25.07.2018
    Hi Artful,

I think it's an excellent idea indeed. I'm up to my neck in dung.  :D  I was once saved momentarily because of a big bug who make disappear all my dung.  

The worker of our support was not the actual who should never give such an answer and said I probably sold it to neighbours. :D  

May be he had a crystal ball and may be it's possible to do that in  the future ?...  I hope so.  :) 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Hi Artful,

I think it's an excellent idea indeed. I'm up to my neck in dung.  :D  I was once saved momentarily because of a big bug who make disappear all my dung.  

The worker of our support was not the actual who should never give such an answer and said I probably sold it to neighbours. :D  

May be he had a crystal ball and may be it's possible to do that in  the future ?...  I hope so.  :) 
    Maybe he did have a crystal ball! :)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    You may want to think about a Lab or 2. Many better things can be made out of all that extra dung. ;)
    edited 26.07.2018
    the lab just doesn't make good economic sense to me (speaking only about me and the way I farm) in the long run. I belong to the avoid-leveling-up-at-all costs camp, so I avoid using premium feeds whenever possible -- entirely doable at my current happiness leve. And lord knows with all the extra stuff they are tossing at us, I don't need more stuff to do.

I might look into it when I've leveled up more, but it would be nice to have the flexibility of getting rid of some of the stuff by just selling it off.
    edited 26.07.2018
    I have 3 labs (levels 8-10-13, I no longer improve)  : it allows me to have a large supply of premium I offer to get  excellent decorations with Santa Claus Workshop.  :)
    I got my best decorations as well.

• I find myself wishing I had this problem, I never have enough
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    I do not want to decline a lot of contracts just because it needs dung.  
    Dung is much better used for making fertilizer.  

Also customers asking for feed, liquid fertilizer and honeydew must be stopped.  
  • Isn't it funny how in the beginning you can't get enough and in the end you can't get rid of it? I only have one silo on my main farm and it's only level 3. I have over 20,000 extra premium fertilizers. I'd love to sell some dung.
  • I constantly leave orchards not working because I don't have enough fertilizers, maybe someday when I get over 100....
    edited 27.07.2018
    Hi GoldenrodFarm,

I had the same problem in the beginning.  That's why I built the work shop.   Now I've over 60 000 premium fertilizers and 113 222 dung...  
    It doesn't smell good in my farm !  :D

As Farmer  Kissy said, it's funny you've the opposite problem in the beginning and later.
  • Borgia (SK1)Borgia (SK1) SK1 Posts: 455
    if i have too much green fertilizer, customers sometimes ask for it(those walking ones). if i catch them early enough, i even get a bonus (+20%). so my silos are working all the time. also i have 25 000 thousand of blue fertilizer... and keep my dung below 10 000.... on the other hand, boss of my co-op s attacking a line of 1_000_000 (one million) dung.... but she has riddiculous ammount of ducks :D they cr*p like crazy :P
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I have over 2,500,000 dung and 100,000 premium fertiliser, I find it quite useful to donate it in the Santa workshop event to collect high village happiness decorations. Also I use the dung to produce premium fertiliser in the laboratory as frequently as possible, it helps a lot to feed the orchards since I have only a few decorations on each farm to be able to have as many production buildings as possible on my farms, so the production cost is generally quite high but the premium fertiliser helps reduce the cost of feeding my orchards.
  • Don't you love these new customers for the organic market? They want the same stuff, so what's the big excitement about GGS? Again, fix what's broken and quit with putting a different face on the same old same old.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Don't you love these new customers for the organic market? They want the same stuff, so what's the big excitement about GGS? Again, fix what's broken and quit with putting a different face on the same old same old.
    Take a closer look at the amount you are getting from those Walk - up customers ;-)
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Don't you love these new customers for the organic market? They want the same stuff, so what's the big excitement about GGS? Again, fix what's broken and quit with putting a different face on the same old same old.
    Take a closer look at the amount you are getting from those Walk - up customers ;-)
    Yes it always different  alwasy
  • JoJo1951 (NL1)JoJo1951 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 310
    i would like to see smaller houses on the islands. 5x5 instead of 7 x7 
    My farm isn't all that developed compared to many, but right now I have 800K dung, and have so much fert, I sell it to walk up customers. Don't know if I'm doing something right or something wrong, but I do know I would love to sell some of this stuff. :)
    I do not want to decline a lot of contracts just because it needs dung.  
    Dung is much better used for making fertilizer.  

Also customers asking for feed, liquid fertilizer and honeydew must be stopped.  
    My suggestion was for the walk-up customers, not for contracts. And, as I said, we can make only so much fertilizer before we have to wait for a customer to show up so that we can sell it.
    To clarify: My suggestion was to be able to sell dung to walk up customers, not to put into contracts. Those players who don't have excess could still hang onto it and those of us who seem to have more than our fair share have an opportunity to rid ourselves of it while making a little money.
  • To clarify: My suggestion was to be able to sell dung to walk up customers, not to put into contracts. Those players who don't have excess could still hang onto it and those of us who seem to have more than our fair share have an opportunity to rid ourselves of it while making a little money.@artful
    @artful (US1) Yep, got it, the request that we put in was:
    Sell Dung & Leaves to Neighbors
    Please add the bi-products dung & leaves to the Organic market neighbors, in the same way that they currently buy honeydew.
    To clarify: My suggestion was to be able to sell dung to walk up customers, not to put into contracts. Those players who don't have excess could still hang onto it and those of us who seem to have more than our fair share have an opportunity to rid ourselves of it while making a little money.@artful
    Please add the bi-products dung & leaves to the Organic market neighbors, in the same way that they currently buy honeydew.
    Awesome!!  Thank you so much, WW!!!
    edited 06.08.2018
    To clarify: My suggestion was to be able to sell dung to walk up customers, not to put into contracts. Those players who don't have excess could still hang onto it and those of us who seem to have more than our fair share have an opportunity to rid ourselves of it while making a little money.@artful

I do not want to sell items such as fertilizer in a way that causes a shortage in supplies used in making greater profit.  More importantly, I do not want to sell items that come from loss making processes such as liquid fertilizer, olive oil and all feed.  In the update, remove feed from the possible ordered items and stop neighbors from asking for anything that belongs to farm supplies until there is more than 10000 in storage or more.  Also add an indicator of how long until the next arrives.  
    Post edited by dchen1 (US1) on
  • Borgia (SK1)Borgia (SK1) SK1 Posts: 455
    edited 07.08.2018
    well, in my experience, at least when it comes to orchard fertilizer and fertilizer for fields, customers don't ask for it, if i don't have at least 1000 units of it

EDIT
    and besides that, when you sell say chicken feed, you sell it for a good price, not that rubbish leftovers you get when you have to sell excess to be able to produce some more. so i am selling practicaly everything they ask for on my MF.
    i avoid selling honey puddle(idk it's name :D ) and olive/citrus orchard fertilizer, because i never have enough of that.
    Post edited by Borgia (SK1) on

I do not want to sell items such as fertilizer in a way that causes a shortage in supplies used in making greater profit.  More importantly, I do not want to sell items that come from loss making processes such as liquid fertilizer, olive oil and all feed.  In the update, remove feed from the possible ordered items and stop neighbors from asking for anything that belongs to farm supplies until there is more than 10000 in storage or more.  Also add an indicator of how long until the next arrives.  
    You don't have to sell anything you don't want to. I don't sell anything I need. But sometimes, some of us need to sell our excess fertilizers. The market works for everyone that way. Sell or not, your choice.
    well, in my experience, at least when it comes to orchard fertilizer and fertilizer for fields, customers don't ask for it, if i don't have at least 1000 units of it

EDIT
    and besides that, when you sell say chicken feed, you sell it for a good price, not that rubbish leftovers you get when you have to sell excess to be able to produce some more. so i am selling practicaly everything they ask for on my MF.
    i avoid selling honey puddle(idk it's name :D ) and olive/citrus orchard fertilizer, because i never have enough of that.

I would rather sell corn than chicken feed because it is worth more.  Same for all the other feeds.  If I have an oversupply of chicken feed, I would build more chicken coops and sell more eggs.  I feed animals for better profit and make premium feed for more storage but I never sell feed because there is no benefit at all for doing it.  

EDIT

I would rather sell corn than chicken feed because it is worth more.  Same for all the other feeds.  If I have an oversupply of chicken feed, I would build more chicken coops and sell more eggs.  I feed animals for better profit and make premium feed for more storage but I never sell feed because there is no benefit at all for doing it.  

There is benefit to selling feed for those who cannot just add more coops because they've maxed out their space. And because we have started receiving so much feed as prizes, even if you no longer make any, you can still end up with excess.

I'm really not seeing your argument as selling anything isn't mandatory at all, and the customers change over at intervals.

You don't have to sell anything you don't want to. I don't sell anything I need. But sometimes, some of us need to sell our excess fertilizers. The market works for everyone that way. Sell or not, your choice.
    At least add an option to decline customer orders to make room and add a notification or sound when a customer arrives.  

At least add an option to decline customer orders to make room and add a notification or sound when a customer arrives.  

We've been asking for a "decline" button for a long time. And I'd like to see that, too. I play with the sound off so an alert would be wasted on me. LOL.  I do think you might be putting undue emphasis on walk up sales as a major source of profit. So many better ways to make money off your goods. Unless we have those rush customers from other farms where the income is doubled, it's not something I rely on heavily to build my money.
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 08.08.2018
    I will put in a request for a decline button, but I suspect that it is intentional that it doesn`t have one, so that you have to either accept the order or wait for it to time-out.

EDIT: Done :)
Sign In to comment.