Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Architect Upgrade Information ⏳

This discussion was created from comments split from: Architect Upgrade information.

Comments

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 02.02.2018

Does anyone know the hidden level requirements for architect upgrades? It only shows up when the architect is here and it is the current upgrade. Mermaid bay level 7 requires level 100, level 7 house requires level 125, level 9 coop cherry orchard requires level 125.

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

Does anyone know the hidden level requirements for architect upgrades? It only shows up when the architect is here and it is the current upgrade. Mermaid bay level 7 requires level 100, level 7 house requires level 125, level 9 coop cherry orchard requires level 125.

Which building do you want to know about? CBF probably has it listed.
  • angelical (US1)angelical (US1) US1 Posts: 10

Which building do you want to know about? CBF probably has it listed.
    well that probably explains why I can't by the upgrade to Mermaid Bay level 7 :/.  would have been nice to know that I needed to be 13 levels higher before I could even buy the upgrade

would be nice to be able to read all requirements, not just "requires level 6" that it said earlier (now just says not possible) and be able to buy the upgrade ahead of time.  if you are thinking about building a house or whatever IRL you can buy the plans ahead of time then whenever you have the money/time/materials you can start building.  had I known I needed to be level 100 to even buy it I would not have sold a lot of products to raise the money, since I could have used them to fulfill contracts, etc
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 30.06.2018
    Just like he said I could upgrade my barn but I have to be level 112 110 to do that.  I am level 91 so I have the barns as high as each can go for now.  He also said I could not upgrade my level 6 fence gate to level 7 but I could and did start that one.  I don't pay much attention to his info screen because of the misinformation I get all the time.  It is too confusing to follow it.
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    The architect, Steve, has been visiting on an average of every 8 days for the pasted 3 months. 9 out 10 times Steve shows up near the start of a temp farm & the CC. Steve is usually required for the last 2 upgrades for almost every thing. Yes all player level related.
     One find this information by clicking on a building or item and clicking on the blue i
     When that first window opens it should you the player level required for that building level bottom left. As well as what your player level is required to the next levels.
    edited 30.06.2018

I am not finding that information you have talked about above.  I can't see the information you speak of and I did not know I couldn't upgrade my barns until Steve was here and it said I had to be level 122 110 I think it was to get to level 8 of my barn.  I am level 91 now so it is going to be a very long time before I can use Steve to upgrade them.  :(

This is under the blue i information box

This is under the upgrade box

• That is correct, the player level isn't there, only building level needed to upgrade using Steve.
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243

I am not finding that information you have talked about above.  I can't see the information you speak of and I did not know I couldn't upgrade my barns until Steve was here and it said I had to be level 122 I think it was to get to level 8 of my barn.  I am level 91 now so it is going to be a very long time before I can use Steve to upgrade them.  :(

• Now I know why I couldn't make the architect work for level 7 house upgrade. I won't be using the architect anytime soon.
    edited 30.06.2018

I am not finding that information you have talked about above.  I can't see the information you speak of and I did not know I couldn't upgrade my barns until Steve was here and it said I had to be level 122 I think it was to get to level 8 of my barn.  I am level 91 now so it is going to be a very long time before I can use Steve to upgrade them.  :(

I have to update that level # upgrade.  It is level 110 I need to be to go to the next level, not 122.  I guess I remembered it wrong when I made this original post.  Here is the screenshot of what I do see when Steve the Architect is here.

Also, when I need to upgrade things with Steve I also see the information that says "Architect Needed" disappears when Steve does show up, such as in this chicken coop.  Architect Needed to go from Level 7 to level 8 but it does not show that once he is here.  I don't have a screen shot showing "Architect Needed", but this is the screen shot that shows while he is here.  This is my last level 7 coop to upgrade to level 8 so I won't be able to show the "Architect Needed in a screen shot because Steve has been put to work as I type this to do that chicken coop upgrade to level 8.

edited 30.06.2018
    While we are at it, lol.  Here is the screen shot for the Main Farmhouse upgrade that shows I need to be level 115 to unlock level 9.  When Steve the architect is not here, all I see is "Architect Needed".  Anyway, it makes for planning kind of hard and I keep forgetting to write it down somewhere what I want to upgrade next.

Same for this Chicken Coop, does not show a level needed while Steve is not here to upgrade from level 8 to level 9.  Just says "Architect Needed", but when he is here it then tells me I need to be level 115 to upgrade to level 9, and of course the "Architect Needed" disappears as well.

Here is the next issue with Steve the Architect.  Steve says I can upgrade the Simple house from Level 6 to Level 7, money is green.  Click on it to go to upgrade and it says I have to be level 125 to do the upgrade.

• harvestmoonn (INT1)harvestmoonn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 851
    edited 30.06.2018
    FIX STUPID TEXT ON WINDMILL PLEASE I WORKED ALL DAY TO GET STRUCTION TOKEN FROM CHALLENGE AND NOW I TRY TO UPGRADE IT wth is that CURRENTLY AVAILABLE TEXT ON IT for ?!
    why its need damned lvl 125 if its say currently available on windmil and architect what the hell
    @harvestmoonn (INT1)  Mine too!  Steve the Architect says it is available to upgrade to level 8 with money green lighted, except when I click on it to upgrade the windmill says it needs to be level 125 first.  There is surely some confusion regarding the use of Steve the Architect!

• omg now im lost my token stupid system used them on normal construction...im want them for architect now i lost thos too what an insane day was this worked 7 hour on mission to get token to lose it so easy
    Yeah, it really stinks how they have those tokens set up.  Sorry you just experienced that, it happens to me all the time.  Suzy!
  • Hi everyone,

We have submitted another request to get all the architect dialogues improved, hopefully we will have more luck this time. The 3 main things we have asked for are:

• Show the padlocked message  on the upgrade dialogue when Steve is NOT on your farm
    • Grey-out the payment button, in Steve's dialogue, when the upgrade is unavailable or show the level restriction in Steve's dialogue
    • Show in upgrade dialogue, that the Architect is required for an upgrade, even when the architect is present
    Let me know if there are any other Architect texts that need fixing & I can add them too.
    @WascallyWabbit It all sounds good to me, thanks for taking your time out for this.  Suzy!
    edited 23.07.2018
    You know Steve is on my farm again, and we have so many pages to look through to find any info on what is available to upgrade, although Steve is incorrect on pretty much all of it.  Another problem with Steve, and his list, is that he lists "Everything" we can do an upgrade on, that includes upgrades for gardens on the GF all the way to level 9, when my highest garden is level 4.   He does with with all things that can be upgraded.  I don't need level 9, I only need up to level 5 for my gardens.  This is just an example, it is on everything.

So, why does he list things we don't even need?  If those items that are not even needed were removed from the list we could have a much lower page click to look at where we might possibly want to upgrade.  But again, Steve is quite wrong pretty much on everything anyway.

Here is another part of Steve I don't understand why is even part of my choices for my farm.

I don't have candy cowsheds, or houses, or those friendship meadows. Why do I have options to upgrade them?  There are 39 pages to click through, which is rather daunting when a good 75% of the choices don't even pertain to my farm anyway.

@SuzyQ22 (US1) There are a lot of farmers that have those things that they need or want to upgrade on their farms. You may find that level 5 items are just not enough to do some of the tougher events. ;)
    @SuzyQ22 (US1) There are a lot of farmers that have those things that they need or want to upgrade on their farms. You may find that level 5 items are just not enough to do some of the tougher events. ;)
    LOl, yes very true.  However, my statement is that Steve should not be offering me, more than I need to upgrade.  None of us should be offered more than we need.  There is no reason why they cannot filter that for each farm.  They know what we have in upgrades, just code it correctly for us and we have an easier time upgrading.  :smile:
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    SuzyQ22 (US1) said: ... just code it correctly for us ... 
    @SuzyQ22 (US1) That is asking a lot from our programmers...the same programmers that have no idea how or why edge plants with humus miraculously resolved itself. The same programmers that do hotfixes that re-arrange the silo lineups. The same ones that think a GML is achievable at 20 Million points without a booster option, the ones that think 1250 fish pellets is a good reward for 1.2 Million points.....
    SuzyQ22 (US1) said: ... just code it correctly for us ... 
    @SuzyQ22 (US1) That is asking a lot from our programmers...the same programmers that have no idea how or why edge plants with humus miraculously resolved itself. The same programmers that do hotfixes that re-arrange the silo lineups. The same ones that think a GML is achievable at 20 Million points without a booster option, the ones that think 1250 fish pellets is a good reward for 1.2 Million points.....
    ROFL, so very true!  :smiley:
  • Borgia (SK1)Borgia (SK1) SK1 Posts: 455
    one of the main reason why is steve's offers generalised is, that it is easier to program it uniformed for everyone. because in the moment they would make some algorythm to suit each farmer separately... i don't want to imagine a havoc it could cause... we witnessed dev team to fail im much smaller things.
    also i feel very uncomfortable to read how you dislike what is steve offering. you are on low level, so it is understandable, that you don't have all those buildings... but many players do... it's like saying that you don't want to see prizes for HWE worth more than 10 000 000 points, because you can do only 5 000 000 points anyway, so what's the point of displaying them to you. it's just grafics that's used for everyone the same. easy as that.
    about displaying possible upgrade even when you can't upgrade it yet.. well, i always felt, that it only shows generalized info, that it is possible now as far as Steve is concerned. and with one breath i add, that i understand it's upsetting and should be changed(maybe), but i haven't heard much complains on it before.

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    You know Steve is on my farm again, and we have so many pages to look through to find any info on what is available to upgrade, although Steve is incorrect on pretty much all of it.  Another problem with Steve, and his list, is that he lists "Everything" we can do an upgrade on, that includes upgrades for gardens on the GF all the way to level 9, when my highest garden is level 4.   He does with with all things that can be upgraded.  I don't need level 9, I only need up to level 5 for my gardens.  This is just an example, it is on everything.

So, why does he list things we don't even need?  If those items that are not even needed were removed from the list we could have a much lower page click to look at where we might possibly want to upgrade.  But again, Steve is quite wrong pretty much on everything anyway.

Here is another part of Steve I don't understand why is even part of my choices for my farm.

I don't have candy cowsheds, or houses, or those friendship meadows. Why do I have options to upgrade them?  There are 39 pages to click through, which is rather daunting when a good 75% of the choices don't even pertain to my farm anyway.

In addition to the other responses, I'd like to add is that it's nice to know what I could get or what is available if and when I ever do get those buildings, fields, or stables. It helps me make informed decisions as to whether I want to add these items.
    I agree with everyone, lol.  Just hate clicking through all those pages to find what it is that I need. It truly doesn't matter anyway, Steve isn't correct on what I can update anyway.  :smiley:
  • I hate to say this, but it's quite informative for me. Do I want to spend X on this item's final upgrade? Do I want to buy with gold and have no clue what that final upgrade is going to cost me? NO. So when he's there I will look at his lists to make more informed decisions about planning my farm. I am glad I can see those prices in advance.
  • Brian22 (GB1)Brian22 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 23
    The question I have is when do we finally see that we won't need the architect to undertake our upgrades? GGS feeds us hope and then don't deliver on their promises. We should be used to this mistreatment but it is still frustrating, nonetheless.
    The question I have is when do we finally see that we won't need the architect to undertake our upgrades? GGS feeds us hope and then don't deliver on their promises. We should be used to this mistreatment but it is still frustrating, nonetheless.
    I for one will not be holding my breath on this one. As Steve has been a part of the game strategy since it was introduced back in 2013. To change a major part of the game's strategy now almost seems point less. ;)
    Yes it would be nice not having to plan & save so one can upgrade as one see's fit.
  • Brian22 (GB1)Brian22 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 23
    I for one will not be holding my breath on this one. As Steve has been a part of the game strategy since it was introduced back in 2013. To change a major part of the game's strategy now almost seems point less. ;)
    Yes it would be nice not having to plan & save so one can upgrade as one see's fit.
    I hear what you are saying. But, that leaves the question of who in GGS' operation authorized the announcement that made us think it was going to happen? And, why have they not made any comment on the who, why and when it will or will not happen? Their service level continues to plummet every day, when they allow things like this to happen and remain silent hoping that we will forget. They act like a government in this manner.
This discussion has been closed.