Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Tiny Update July 19th - A New Button! - Discussion

Comments

• holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    what a crock of a bad idea.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I find this really disturbing.  The game has gotten larger.  This button was really, really needed and instead, that have made it something that almost no one will use, by making it a gold feature.  I see this as proof that GGS has thrown the player under the bus, fully and completely.
    Oh, honey, they did that ages ago.  We just keep running toward the bus hoping for a different outcome each time. 

• Just like most of the new items in the game. Nothing is for the benefit of the majority of players. It`s just another gold grab, as if there aren`t enough booby traps dotted around already. Just another reason never to buy their gold.
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    If you close the harvest indicator board with the red tab , then re-open the button goes away , no need to worry about it  ..  :D  :D  :D
    Just like most of the new items in the game. Nothing is for the benefit of the majority of players. It`s just another gold grab, as if there aren`t enough booby traps dotted around already. Just another reason never to buy their gold.
    Even if it didn't cost gold, I frankly can't see this benefiting ANY player -- you can't select which things you want harvested (if you're running missions, for example, you might just want to harvest all your milk, but leave everythng  else as it is. It certainly wouldn't work during HWE where you might have a product waiting for the next crate.) And even if a player wanted to just harvest everything so s/he could get in, get out, and log out, I doubt if they would want any overages to go to random contracts. 
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    wow.. so its one more button to accidentally spend even more gold.. ehehehe
    I got it accidentily now I am short on 910 golds  u think I have 91 buildings on main farm hahahaha
  • Who put that ...to my opinion and loss...stupid button that I by accident just hit with my mous an which cleaned my main farm of ANY THING ?????? AND FOR MY GOLD !!!!
    I'v just logged in to game and ready for competition i coop and everything is just CLEANED OFF 
    I POLITELY SUGGEST THAT THIS BUTTON IS REMOVED EXPRESS

U have not to let the accidents happen but these guys are doing thoes things in which accidents happen a lot of gold wasted we can harvest by our own fingers damn it use ur head a. Bit we said we want gold button I dunno how our suggestions passed on to the team 
    I am just angry others are too in game of my server but in mod bullietn said u guys like that button just use ur head please a bit don't ruin the game u guys already did but change something about the gold thing
  • Tiny update  ...
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    There are times when I would want to use this button - I usually log on in the morning, before I head off to work, to collect everything that grew overnight and replant everything.  But some mornings I run late, and on those days, this button would be helpful to me.

I probably won't actually be using it, since I don't have much gold, but someone who is in a similar position as me and does have the gold to spend would probably find it very useful.
    If you close the harvest indicator board with the red tab , then re-open the button goes away , no need to worry about it  ..  :D  :D  :D
    Things still can go wrong -- the button could pop out on its own, or, because the lag makes us click and double and click again, it could be activated accidentally.

And, now this from WW:

Hi Everyone,

I see from the discussion thread that you are all loving your new button lol ..  However, it would appear that once an item reaches the storage limit, it stops counting on missions, projects, possibly also tasks & events, so it is being investigated & we will get you more info tomorrow, once we know exactly what is going on.
    There are times when I would want to use this button - I usually log on in the morning, before I head off to work, to collect everything that grew overnight and replant everything.  But some mornings I run late, and on those days, this button would be helpful to me.

I probably won't actually be using it, since I don't have much gold, but someone who is in a similar position as me and does have the gold to spend would probably find it very useful.
    Perhaps, but would you want any overages to go to random contracts that the system selects?  And really, just a few minutes lets you harvest everything. 
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    I find this really disturbing.  The game has gotten larger.  This button was really, really needed and instead, that have made it something that almost no one will use, by making it a gold feature.  I see this as proof that GGS has thrown the player under the bus, fully and completely.
    Oh, honey, they did that ages ago.  We just keep running toward the bus hoping for a different outcome each time. 

That is really funny artful, I love it, lol.

• Morgane (US1)Morgane (US1) US1 Posts: 83

The "Harvest All" concept originated when somebody asked for an easy way to harvest all of one particular thing (ie, all fields, all cows, all apples, etc), not the whole flippin' farm. Somebody misunderstood or just didn't pay attention.

It's times like this that some sort of player input/polling could go a long way. A little bit of communication could have saved developers the time of making something nobody likes (and won't use), and kept their efforts focused on fixing current bugs and other issues instead.

Things still can go wrong -- the button could pop out on its own, or, because the lag makes us click and double and click again, it could be activated accidentally.

And, now this from WW:

Hi Everyone,

I see from the discussion thread that you are all loving your new button lol ..  However, it would appear that once an item reaches the storage limit, it stops counting on missions, projects, possibly also tasks & events, so it is being investigated & we will get you more info tomorrow, once we know exactly what is going on.
    More problems on top of old problems seems to be the purpose of GGS these days.  No, not these days, it has been this way since I began playing last year.  No fixing, just fudging it all up.  :(

Enough said!
    LOL, I always love your straight to the point posts!  :smiley:
    Man, I gotta go to bed, I was supposed to be there hours ago, I can't help but come in and read, then laugh, then get upset because someone lost their gold already.  Argh! 

Then come back and read again, and laugh again, then....You know, that vicious circle I seem to be in these days on the forum.  Good night all, I hope I don't come in and read someone else lost their gold coins to this really bad idea.  :)
    Man, I gotta go to bed, I was supposed to be there hours ago, I can't help but come in and read, then laugh, then get upset because someone lost their gold already.  Argh! 

Then come back and read again, and laugh again, then....You know, that vicious circle I seem to be in these days on the forum.  Good night all, I hope I don't come in and read someone else lost their gold coins to this really bad idea.  :)
    Several others have, also. :(

• Morgane (US1)Morgane (US1) US1 Posts: 83

Since the "merger", I have been getting a ton of e-mails promoting their "specials".

How about using that approach to inform members of ideas such as this and solicit some valuable feedback on how it would be received (or not) by the members. Makes more sense than just jumping into the deep end of the pool all the time and just making the players angry.

Since the "merger", I have been getting a ton of e-mails promoting their "specials".

How about using that approach to inform members of ideas such as this and solicit some valuable feedback on how it would be received (or not) by the members. Makes more sense than just jumping into the deep end of the pool all the time and just making the players angry.

That makes too much sense!  :smiley:   Okay, I'm loopy, I really am going to bed now, laughing my butt off.
    edited 19.07.2018

The "Harvest All" concept originated when somebody asked for an easy way to harvest all of one particular thing (ie, all fields, all cows, all apples, etc), not the whole flippin' farm. Somebody misunderstood or just didn't pay attention.

It's times like this that some sort of player input/polling could go a long way. A little bit of communication could have saved developers the time of making something nobody likes (and won't use), and kept their efforts focused on fixing current bugs and other issues instead.

Exactly.  I suggested some time ago that they ask players about new ideas before they spend time and money implementing them.  All the mods are regular players -- ask them. Poll a group of players from several levels -- top, middle, low -- from each server. Every time they FUBAR what could be a good idea, it is obvious not one of them plays the game to any degree, or is familiar with the game's many intricacies.   

Again, we're just the test kitchen for the games they are focusing on. If it doesn't work for us, or we hate it, I doubt if it will see the light of day in other games.

How much u lose .I lose 910
  • Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    wow.. so its one more button to accidentally spend even more gold.. ehehehe
    I got it accidentily now I am short on 910 golds  u think I have 91 buildings on main farm hahahaha
    weeeell, you gave 40+ fields... I'm really sorry for your gold loss 
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 19.07.2018
    A good idea for a feature made almost useless by asking for too much gold. Both this feature and the automatic water trees feature should be 1 gold per item harvested/watered.

We should also have an automatic plant option but I envision too much gold being asked for once again.

The suggestion for automatic harvest & replant may have originally come from me but I asked that if we held down the shift key while harvesting & planting that it would do it automatically to all buildings for that type. I stand by that suggestion.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/171184
  • I don't see a point to this feature as harvesting individually and replanting is what is used to play. Even a global harvest means we still need to go to farms to replant anyway. This is a useless attempt at getting people to spend more money for gold. If we accidentally click now, bam, lost gold!

I will never use this new feature.

We need a gold confirmation usage ability so we don't accidentally spend gold we don't want to!

• GGGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
    How dare you GGS take gold from MY teammates! Harvest all their crops without explaining.
    You must be deranged in some way.
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163

Perhaps, but would you want any overages to go to random contracts that the system selects?  And really, just a few minutes lets you harvest everything. 
    Generally speaking, I'd estimate it takes me at least 10 minutes to harvest and replant everything. (In reality, it's usually closer to 15 minutes, because I'm still groggy) With the button, it might be 1/3 or so faster.  Which may not seem like a lot, but when I only have 5 minutes before I'm supposed to leave, every little bit helps.  (Normally, if I'm running late, I prioritize high value items like cows, ducks, the bakery, the shop, etc and don't harvest other things)

I recycle any contract I don't want and only keep the ones I do, so I would want it to fill contracts.  Maybe I'd rather it fill this contract over that contract, but when I'm in a rush, I generally just sell excesses, which is even worse than filling a random contract, but faster.
  • I really like the new "Turbo Harvester". It is something that should have been available a long time ago.
    However, I am sad to see that it costs "gold" to use. "Gold" is a very precious commodity on my farms, so to save keystrokes I will not be using this new feature.
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    This is one of the dumber ideas.  There are so many things players have asked for that have not been addressed, why did they choose to introduce this which virtually nobody wants?  We stll dont have a "gold lock "or "are you sure?" button.  We are still manning the fishing boats one person at a time.  We still cant humus our edge crops, not to mention that the last seed planted feature works sporadically on edge crops. I could go on. Is this GGS's way of saying, "We really dont care about our players. We do what we want."???
  • I used it until I caught on to the fact it was, yanking my special seed plants that had been boosted by a coworker, right along with my special milk made overnight for 7 hrs. and several other things, even my gold.......this is just another way to get our gold..........sad...... :(
Sign In to comment.