Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horse Breeding & Training - Help, instructions & Tips

Comments

• micky mouse (INT1)micky mouse (INT1) INT1 Posts: 107
    Thank you,aaabbb1, will defiantly  try this 
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Could somebody please tell me how I can get my horse to"Breeding quality level 2"

Just bread and bread after 3 to 4 times @mickey mouse u will eventually get the 2 value of the horse
  • I have a question regarding the breeding effects earned by a horse when training them in the horse meadow (ie endurance training +4, racing +4)

When I go to the horse stable to breed with a horse of a similar level with no horse meadow attributes, the new horse that would be generated only displays horse training attributes that are half the training earned by the previous horse (ie endurance training down to +2 for new horse and racing down to +2). 

This is NOT how the horse attributes are given normally. 
    A new horse gets the normal horse attributes of its parent (ie speed +10 from a parent is given in full to the new foal).
    But, why is it halved for horse meadow earned attributes? Why?

Can anyone explain this to me because it makes the horse meadow pretty useless for horses you want to breed in the future.  :/
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Meadow effects are averaged, rounded up when breeding in Stable so
    (4 + 0) / 2 = 2
    (4 + 1) / 2 = 2.5 = 3
    (4 + 3) / 2 = 3.5 = 4
    As long as the two horses are within 1 point of each other there will be no loss.
    I am currently aiming to put each horse thru the Meadow once thus picking up 1 extra point with each gneration
  • As a new player I am trying to figure this out.  The numbers in star is what I want to reach lvl 13.   All three of them..  do I keep the three attributes the same through all breeding or do I put more emphasis one or the other, like a race horse I should  focus more on endurance and strength than agility.  
    Personally, I would aim to keep them all the same (14,14,14 probably). 
    Although you have the ability to choose whicn discipline you compete in when you challenge this is not true when you are challenged, you will have to face opponents in all three.
  • SamiJ (US1)SamiJ (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    What is the benefit of "intensive training"?  I understand the whole point/horseshoe thing. I typically do it, but when I don't, I can't figure out the difference for the horse either way. Does it effect the horse at all or is it just about the horseshoes and points?

What is the best way to improve your horse?
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    There is no benefit to intensive training, it just uses more horseshoes per training point . I believe it was originally brought in for high level players who accumulated masses of horseshoes .
  • Hi i am just wondering how can i compete with my horse? I can't find it anywhere and if i don't i am not able to pick up the golden horseshoes which i need for the tasks
    edited 11.02.2018
    Hi i am just wondering how can i compete with my horse? I can't find it anywhere and if i don't i am not able to pick up the golden horseshoes which i need for the tasks
    On the Ranch; yellow Truck.
    Called "Competition Transporter"  on GB1
  • Val C (GB1)Val C (GB1) GB1 Posts: 277
    I currently have a 'valuable second breeding quality level' horse and a 'very valuable third breeding quality level' horse.  If I breed one to the other does anyone know what breeding quality horse I will get, 2nd or 3rd?  Would not like to go ahead and lose the third level.  Thank you
    3rd
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Every time I have done this, the higher breeding quality has been retained .
  • Val C (GB1)Val C (GB1) GB1 Posts: 277
    Thank you both for replying...much apprectiated
  • Ladyoz (US1)Ladyoz (US1) US1 Posts: 155
    I must be missing something or doing something wrong. How does someone get their horse's breeding value up to 180?!?? It took me forever to get mine up to 106. I'm constantly training and breeding horses (I have 10 stalls open), both buying them in the horse market and training them up from scratch, but trying to get a second 106 to breed with seems to go nowhere. Do you just keep burning thousands and thousands of horseshoes to keep training? I just seem to get nowhere fast.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Awesome Info thank you , much appreciated, :)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I must be missing something or doing something wrong. How does someone get their horse's breeding value up to 180?!?? It took me forever to get mine up to 106. I'm constantly training and breeding horses (I have 10 stalls open), both buying them in the horse market and training them up from scratch, but trying to get a second 106 to breed with seems to go nowhere. Do you just keep burning thousands and thousands of horseshoes to keep training? I just seem to get nowhere fast.
    Most likely you will need a bigger stable in order to get a mate for that 106 lvl horse :)
    My top horse is a 127 and I have only 8 stalls. I buy horses in at lvl 50
  • how do you get more effects on a horse?
    how do you get more effects on a horse?
    Continue to breed with a suitable mate. Take a look back through this thread you'll find tips & suggestions to help you to get more of those enhancements for your horses. ;)
  • I must be missing something or doing something wrong. How does someone get their horse's breeding value up to 180?!?? It took me forever to get mine up to 106. I'm constantly training and breeding horses (I have 10 stalls open), both buying them in the horse market and training them up from scratch, but trying to get a second 106 to breed with seems to go nowhere. Do you just keep burning thousands and thousands of horseshoes to keep training? I just seem to get nowhere fast.
    Most likely you will need a bigger stable in order to get a mate for that 106 lvl horse :)
    I too have a question as Ladyoz (US1) has mentioned about the horses all of a sudden climbing up to as high as 190 in a very short period of time.  It wasn't just one horse. There were probably at least 20 that shot up from the low 100's or even lower to anywhere from 160 to 190 from one horse season to the next.  I have the highest level 12 for my stable and constantly train.  I buy horses level 50 and above all the time.  I have no idea how they are doing this.  Any ideas from anyone?  I'm curious.
    @Dorothy500 (US1) have you trained & breed those level 50 horses ?
     The foals take much less to get up than the parents did. About 2 full training per area then breed repeat for each generation. Matching enhancements will also help improve your horse tournaments out comes.
  • @Dorothy500 (US1) have you trained & breed those level 50 horses ?
     The foals take much less to get up than the parents did. About 2 full training per area then breed repeat for each generation. Matching enhancements will also help improve your horse tournaments out comes.

Yes, I have trained & bred all of the many many many level 50 & above horses I have bought.  Right now I have a level 127 horse and am working on raising another horse to that same level so I can breed them.  What I am saying is that this doesn't happen from one horse season to the next by using the traditional way of breeding that we are making reference to on this thread.  I think that there are things that I don't know that would help me if I figured it out like several apparently have.  Like I said, "I am curious as to how this is happening that 15 to maybe 20 players can shoot up from levels averaging 100 to 125 and raise those levels from 160 to 190 seemingly overnight ( from one horse season to the next ).  
    @Dorothy500 (US1)  Yes, I have also noticed the sudden jump in some horses. I suspect it may be done by having a Horse Meadow at a high enough level to put ones top horse there. 
  • Bufo (AU1)Bufo (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    edited 09.07.2018
    @Dorothy500 (US1)

The horses with breeding values in the 180-190 range have been trained in the Cooperative Horse Meadow.  A horse can be trained 3 times in a day via the Horse Meadow, so it will take about 3 months to train those horses.

The apparent jump in level is because the new horse has been trained in the background while the old champion(s) have been selected to counter challenges. Successfully training a horse in the Horse Meadow unselects it, so it is less messy to only select the horse in the Tournament Preparation tab when the horse meadow training is all over.

You can only see the selected horses of other players, but they may have better horses that they haven't yet selected.

The issue of super-horses due to excessive training in the horse meadow is on the list to be addressed in the review of the cooperative village :smile:

Edit: A tip for detecting these super-horses is to count the number of breeding effects.  A level 190 horse with 4 breeding effects has likely been trained in a level 2 horse meadow.
  • Thanks to everyone for their comments.  I did wonder if training in the horse meadow might explain how the horses could be trained up to such a high level in a relatively short period of time as compared to the traditional training.  That will change my involvement in the future.  I spend about all the time I can and don't see that I would ever get involved with the training in the horse meadow.  Congrats to those who can do that.  I spend about all the time I can on big farm and don't see doing anything more like horse meadow or fishing.  I will probably finish the training project of getting another horse to a 127 level and breeding with one I already have at that level.  Depending on how competitive I am then will probably determine whether I have any interest to continue with Big Farm.  
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    i am having doubts about horse ranch always.
    One of them is ......

I don't know why my horse lost from so less breeding value horse and that horse don't have even any breeding quality and just 1 breeding effect .
    Sometimes my horse loose to 12 value horse too.
    Plz someone remove this doubt.

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Honestly, I think it is just a ticker tape and it is the luck of the draw what you will get.  I win often and my horses are nothing compared to yours.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    @jitu7 (IN1)

Its simple. You DO have a better horse. And at the bottom of your picture, you can see that you have better chances of winning: 87%. But you had an unlucky draw there.

In general it goes like this:
    - Computer takes level of your horse and the atributes and calcualtes number of points of your horse for all of three disciplines. That is the green number at the bottom. Your horse has 380 points for jumping, the number is unknown for your opponent (to you, computer and your opponent know it). Better the horse, higher the number.
    - Computer than compares this two numbers and calculates chance of winning. If horses are equal, chances are 50-50. If one horse is better, better are the odds. Greater is the difference, greater is the difference in odds. So your horse has 87% chances of winning, your opponent 12% (some rounding error here, as those two should add up to 100, not to 99)
    - Than the random number is drown. Lets say computer drows random number from 1 to 100. If it is lower than 12, your opponent wins, if it is higer than 12, you win. So you had much better chances of winning but unfortunately you had a bit of bed luck there.
    - In general, this means that you can be beaten by much weaker horse (does not happend frequently, but can heppend from time to time), BUT it also means that you can sometimes win against much stronger horse than yours.
    - So, at the end of the day it all averages up and your horse ends where it should: better horses at the top, weaker lower down. One race does not mean anything.

• Some days it seems like I get a bad luck star over the horse, and lose all but one or two even from lower level players, other days it is the opposite, and I win on horses that are leagues ahead of me, the other day I won over several horses that were two and three times higher then me with many more breeding attributes.  Either option doesn;t make much sense.  However the races that others challenge me seem to be the most skewed, I was challenged 13 times one day and lost all but 3, and mostly to much lower level horses, looking over the challenges  I realize that I lose most of them.  In another horse season I will keep track from the begining to find out the percentages.
Sign In to comment.