Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Village League Challenges

1810»

Comments

• Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
     also there are some Co-Op's that claim that they do not force anyone to do any of the challenges and such, so I ask if that is the case, then why be in a Co-Op then at all?
    BECAUSE, you get reduced production costs, you get lots of free rewards from the CCs and other events (even if you don't participate), you can grow edge plants and other things for WWC points (again, for free prizes), you have access to various parts of the game that only are for coops, you have a group of people you can ask questions of and chat with, only if you want to.  And you can join in once in awhile just for fun -- but only if you want to. No one tells you how to run your farm or how many decorations you should have. Many, many benefits. 

No, I'm not inviting you to join, we're full up anyway, but you keep telling everyone how you won't be in a coop (we know, we know, we hear you) because there are no benefits, and we're telling you that there are benefits.

I don't need Decorations I got plenty of those, and you seem to have a problem with Me for reason I know not, but I am glad your full up , I would of probably Declined anyhow, as I am not interested anyway, but thanks for info just the same. take care.
    I don't have a problem with you at all, far from it. But when you ask questions in a Forum, people will answer those questions. You asked "why be in a coop anyway" and some of us answered why. You ask questions, and if you don't like the answers, just ignore. But someone else may have the same questions and may be interested in the answers. If you don't want people to post on your threads, then why ask questions?

You mentioned coops telling you how you should have certain decos, so naturally I mentioned, that, too. I wasn't offering you any or implying that you get more decos for being in a coop.

And when you state facts that are wrong, people will speak up so that others won't be working with erroneous information.

I only mentioned that we were full up because whenever someone mentions their coop in response to your comments, you seem to take it as an invitation. And since you hate invitations, I was making it clear that my comments weren't such -- that's all.

I meant to be helpful. I am so sorry you were offended.

I was not offended at all, I just thought it sounded like you did have a problem with Me, but anyway I did not say that others tell Me where to put Decorations, I was saying that others try to tell people when to be on in the game and what to do in the game for the Co-Op instead of letting them do their own Farms, but some people have also claimed that they do not tell others in the Co-Op what to do, but I am just explaining the ones that I got invites from, who were saying If I wanted to join I would have to do this or that, and that is all I was trying to explain, but I guess that was not plain to others, which I apologize for, and I am all for speaking how I feel bout things in the forums, so I got no problem with others in the forums at all, whether I know them or in this case I know no one, which I am ok with as well, so Happy Farming to everyone, I hope you enjoy your game just as I do, and I so appreciated your help as well, thank you, :)
    Why be in a co-op?
     products sell for more money
    production costs are reduced
    wider variety of events
    teammates
    questions answered super fast
    learn new strategies
    massive sparkles
    FRIENDS

You said Friends twice no clue why, But in My experience in My life I have had trouble with people calling themselves My friend, due to the fact that none of them ended up being worth My time, due to back stabbing and the lies, that is why I do not trust anyone in the real world any more nor on the computer, I know there are nice people out there who help out and such which I do appreciate, I will enjoy My game My way, and you can enjoy it your way no problem, thanks for all the help when I ask questions for the game, it is much appreciated, Happy Farming to you all , :)
    edited 03.07.2018
    I know the coop challenges can be a pain to some, but they can also be fun. They let you stretch your farm, give you good practice gathering items quickly, and allows your team to come up with strategies so you can work together (BTW, that is a strategy to challenge when everyone is asleep. Don't get put out, get a strategy of your own to combat it),

The coop challenges encourage harvesting during the WWC or down times and thus, it keeps the money flowing and players busy. It also allows us to use items that have no other use. It can help us grow our farm and it promotes team spirit and coop cohesion - that is, if everyone does not get disgusted and take their ball home.

Of course no one likes to lose and the system is flawed in that it is a one way street. It would have been better if the challenges were in matches, not a straight climb to the top. You know, mix it up a little, let multiple challenges take place so even the big coops get different coops to face off with.

Also, sometimes a coop can block movement from below - which stops activity and THAT is not fun - it is very frustrating. They will not move up and they will not let you pass, That needs to be fixed. So, if they were in matches and scrambled, that would not happen. I would like to see the method of the matches mixed up. That way no coop can rudely sit and block other coops from having fun. There can still be winners - and sadly losers, but part of this game is about pitting ourselves against others. I don't whine and cry when someone beats me in a mission, do you? No, it is part of the game. Lastly, the prizes are nice, too. I enjoy getting medals to spend.

All in all, I quite like the challenges - except when we get to that rude coop that won't move up and won't let us past. But as I said, that is a structural problem that GGS could fix. Please put it on the list :)

Glad that you seem to be enjoying your game  your way, Happy Farming to ya, :) , also I do not whine bout this game, I just say what I like and do not like thus far, , so far I am having a lot of fun , enjoy.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 03.07.2018

Also, sometimes a coop can block movement from below - which stops activity and THAT is not fun - it is very frustrating. They will not move up and they will not let you pass, That needs to be fixed. So, if they were in matches and scrambled, that would not happen. I would like to see the method of the matches mixed up. That way no coop can rudely sit and block other coops from having fun. 

I'd just like to say that a coop that doesn't move up isn't intentionally "blocking other coops from having fun." or being rude. Coops have no option to opt out of this feature. Our coop has tried to let other coops pass, but often end up winning that challenge anyway just by farming normally because the only other option was to stop harvesting for a few weeks, which wasn't fair to us. Some may be trying to move up, but lose their challenge. Moving up also isn't an option for many as they already may be stretched to the max, or don't have the people, gold, or resources to take on another challenge. Some coops are so burned out by the never-ending CCs that taking on another challenge is the last thing they want. And some coops don't like challenges in any way shape or form, and shouldn't be forced to participate.

Blame the system. It's a bad one. But please don't view coops who can't step out of your way as rude. 
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Kirksa (US1)Kirksa (US1) Posts: 100
    edited 05.07.2018
    Post Deleted
    Post edited by Kirksa (US1) on
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 03.07.2018
    I don't see anyone getting offended here regarding the coop issue.  I see two persons talking about the same thing, and trying to make their points ,and I understand both of them.  Happy Farming all!

Removed offensive blurb from the front, I apologize if I offended anyone and am sure I did.  It was inappropriate!
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
    edited 03.07.2018
    Aww! It seems this topic is one on which people are easily offended, even if no offense was intended. Sorry you took offense. Whatever you took personally was not intended to be personal. I was not talking about you or your coop, per se.

It is a shame though, since this topic really needs to be discussed. Perhaps another time players might be more amenable to listening without personalizing or getting offended.
    I didn't take offence personally, nor did I think you were talking about my coop.  I wasn't offended at all. It was the word "rude" you used to describe coops, I was suggesting the term wasn't appropriate, and I gave examples of why. I didn't think it fit, especially since the coop who is "blocking" you really has no choice in the matter. Even if they did move up, you're still in the same place in the rankings, now aren't you?

And if challenged by you, are they not supposed to try and win? In which case, you are still in the same place.

You said, "That way no coop can rudely sit and block other coops from having fun."  I merely pointed out that coops were not being rude. I also agreed with you that it was a bad system.  

• Also, sometimes a coop can block movement from below - which stops activity and THAT is not fun - it is very frustrating. They will not move up and they will not let you pass, That needs to be fixed. 
    @Kirksa (US1) As artful said, such coops may not be intentionally trying to block you & I have seen cases where communicating with the leader of the other coop can resolve things, it is always worth a try. :)
    A few times we did try to work things out with the leader of a coop that kept challenging us relentlessly. (We kept winning just by farming normally.) We tried to let them pass by slowing things down and sparkling their farms. But the only way was for us to quit harvesting for a week or more, and that wasn't fair to our coop, so we had to give up on trying to let them pass. It's a lose-lose situation.

Bottom Line:  if you want to move past the team "blocking you," you just have to roll up your sleeves and beat them.
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    We are in that situation, coop below just keeps challenging in the same old way, we beat them in the same old way . Doing my stock of seaweed products a power of good ..  :D  :D  :D
    edited 08.07.2018
    Love it @garybaldy (GB1) .  We were hoping just to drift on down to the bottom, but for all that, we're still within a few places of where we ranked since the inception of VLC.  Still, the once-a-week free deco parts and feed are nice. :)

Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Beauty of it , the more wins you get in an unbroken sequence , the higher your pay out gets … :D   :D
    Beauty of it , the more wins you get in an unbroken sequence , the higher your pay out gets … :D   :D
    that much we love!
  • Also, sometimes a coop can block movement from below - which stops activity and THAT is not fun - it is very frustrating. They will not move up and they will not let you pass, That needs to be fixed. 
    @Kirksa (US1) As artful said, such coops may not be intentionally trying to block you & I have seen cases where communicating with the leader of the other coop can resolve things, it is always worth a try. :)

TY. We have tried that and it has worked. I was more talking about challenges from days-gone-by as we have not met this combative situation in CWC, yet. When I was a member of a past coop, it got so bad, that a player from the competing coop left their coop and joined ours where we were discussing strategy, then the player went home before the challenge began. I realize not all coops do something like this, but it is a possible problem, which is all I was pointing out. I hope no one takes this personally. I am not trying to make waves. It is not my intention to accuse or upset anyone! That is not my way. I would just like a discussion about the system, because the system of the Challenges gives us no where to go to continue to play if we hit a block and it ends at the top, which is a one-way trip only 1 or 2 coops can make. Which I realize may be intended, but it does not keep us in play. 

You see, when I first heard of the Coop Challenges, it sounded like so much fun. Unfortunately now, I perceive it is received very negatively by many players and coops. The idea was really good, but the application seemed to falter. My wish is that it be fixed so that it becomes a fun part of Big Farm for players.

Full disclosure: Our co-op is coming up the ranks and quite enjoying the challenges. We know someday we will move up to where the competing coops are larger, but we are readying ourselves for the challenge as it is now. I have positive feelings about the challenges, but can certainly see the problems.

Following are some issues for which other players may be able to offer some solutions. Of course, some players may think there is no problem, in which case, please forgive me broaching this:

1)      Winner takes all - most of the competitions in Big Farm have some sort of compensation. I know when the two top coops (and maybe others) compete in a challenge both get rewarded with a LOT of medals, which makes it fun for both winner and loser, but in the lower ranks of coops, you either win (each crop or the challenge) or you get little to nothing. This could create angst and dislike of the whole system. In fact, it even says, "YOU LOSE!". No one wants to use their hard-won resources and get little or nothing in return. Couldn’t Big Farm fix this so that both win a percentage of medals and the winner takes a bigger percentage? (And get rid of the "You Lose" message, lol)

2)      One-way street – Although in Big Farm, we are often pitted against higher players and could possibly win by using strategy, there is no way a coop of lower to mid-level players can face off a coop of high level players and hope to harvest more given the amounts, farm development and time period of the challenge. Having a one-way street means that coops can only go up so far and then the challenges may be mostly abandoned. This causes a general block all the way down the challenge highway. Wouldn’t it be more fun to have scrambled groups, like the missions and we could gain cumulative coop points, like we do reputation points. In fact, it would be even more fun to have 3 or 4 coops competing to see who is the top coop for the contest.

3)      Flesh out the medal information so it is understandable. We should be able to know which items we need to pick for the best medals and how medals are assigned. It should never be a surprise to win 200 medals when you thought you would win 500. I searched to understand the medal system, and a moderator (you - TYVM!) was wonderful to help find the answers I sought, but even after I found it, the information was difficult to use and incomplete. In fact, there is not really that much information about challenges at all. Perhaps there is not that much, but more information allows us to develop strategies to play.

4)      If you keep the one-way street idea, please make sure that both coops are compensated &/or offer an alternative to being stuck with no way to win and no way to move on. The objective should be to keep play going.

5)      Allow challenges to be organized so that only the leader and deputies can start them. This keeps teams working as teams and does not allow one upset player to impulsively start a challenge or counter-challenge.

Now, whether you agree with me or not (and I know a lot of emotion surrounds the challenges and some of it may be negative), some players like it, some players don't. I happen to like it, but I admit freely it has problems. I hope if we discuss them, they might be fixed or we might figure out a way to deal with them so players can more fully enjoy this aspect of the game.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 09.07.2018
    The only response I want to give regarding your post @Kirksa (US1)  is for the coop member that joined your coop, learned what you were doing, then "going home" would be that it not be allowed for someone to leave their coop and rejoin it right away.  Maybe say a 7 day wait to rejoin your coop so the player can't do exactly what happened there. 

I know you directed your post to Wascally, but I think you make a lot of very great points.  Suzy!
  • SuzyQ22 (US1) said:
    The only response I want to give regarding your post @Kirksa (US1)  is for the coop member that joined your coop, learned what you were doing, then "going home" would be that it not be allowed for someone to leave their coop and rejoin it right away.  Maybe say a 7 day wait to rejoin your coop so the player can't do exactly what happened there. 

I know you directed your post to Wascally, but I think you make a lot of very great points.  Suzy!
    That is a great Idea. TY Suzy!
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @Kirksa (US1)  I agree with all 5 of your points but
    the VL is what is called a "ladder" competition (I used to play in a squash ladder when I was much younger). You can only challenge the player, or sometimes 2 players, above you. They always end up in the situation that we find ourselves where the co-ops are now arranged in perfect sequence and the competition stagnates. You are not actually "blocked"  from going up, It's more that you have found your place on the ladder. All the co-ops above you are better at it than you, if you challenged any of them you would lose, they are all better than the co-op immediately below them.
    The only solution is to introduce a handicap system. Perhaps increasing the quantities required each time a co-op wins and decreasing them each time they lose. This would produce constant movement and we could all brag about how big our handicaps were rather than our place on the ladder.  :¬)
    (perhaps there are golfers out there who could add experience to this idea)
  • TY Uncle John, you are right, that is exactly what has happened and a very good explanation. It would be wonderful if there were some solution so that play could continue for those who want to keep doing challenges.Uncle John (GB1) said:
    @Kirksa (US1)  I agree with all 5 of your points but
    the VL is what is called a "ladder" competition (I used to play in a squash ladder when I was much younger). You can only challenge the player, or sometimes 2 players, above you. They always end up in the situation that we find ourselves where the co-ops are now arranged in perfect sequence and the competition stagnates. You are not actually "blocked"  from going up, It's more that you have found your place on the ladder. All the co-ops above you are better at it than you, if you challenged any of them you would lose, they are all better than the co-op immediately below them.
    The only solution is to introduce a handicap system. Perhaps increasing the quantities required each time a co-op wins and decreasing them each time they lose. This would produce constant movement and we could all brag about how big our handicaps were rather than our place on the ladder.  :¬)
    (perhaps there are golfers out there who could add experience to this idea)

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    The Village League needs work.  I have pointed this out before, but it is insane.  Here I log on after only a few hours away, and with gold, one person has pushed through almost an entire challenge.  The required amounts need to be at least 5 times what they are, to prevent this.
    The Village League needs work.  I have pointed this out before, but it is insane.  Here I log on after only a few hours away, and with gold, one person has pushed through almost an entire challenge.  The required amounts need to be at least 5 times what they are, to prevent this.
    This probably wouldn't solve anything. If people are willing to use gold for the worthless rewards at the Rewards Shop, they'll keep using it. Increasing required amounts would also make it that much harder for other teams, too. 

Allowing coops to opt out would be the best option. Using Uncle John's Squash Ladder example, the way the thing is set up now, it's like random people are yanked off the street and forced to sign up for the Squash Tournaments at the club.
    It's not quite " random people are off the street" @artful (US1)  now is it? We are all club members surely ?
    But, yes, all club members are automatically signed up for the ladder.   :¬(
    Well, kinda, sorta, but not exactly. :)
    rofl    :¬D
  • @Kirksa (US1) I also agree with your points, but as we now have the news that the league will be replaced with the Village Fair Event we will have to see if that resolves all the current issues. :)
This discussion has been closed.