Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

WHAT cat!!??

After months upon months and what seemed like an endless amount of time, I finally took advantage of a pretty good gold deal and decided to buy out the rest of my main farm cat...............CAT!?  what cat!!??  Was I mistaken to think that we were actually getting a little farm cat who would wander around the farm and look all cute......and run and play around, maybe interact with the dog??  Weren't we instructed to leave a couple empty spaces beside the cardboard box on the cat tree??  which I thought was for his playing space (like the dog has his mat)  Did I dream that??  Is there some kind of "future" plans for the cat to do ANYTHING??  I am SO disappointed I could cry.......I feel like I wasted my gold to buy out the remaining cat charms.......GGS, Do we have anything to look forward to as far as the farm cat goes?? or is it truly just a waste of time and effort and if you're gullible like me, a waste of gold too?

Post edited by BugsBunny on

Comments

• Finally!!!  My cat suddenly appeared!!  I'm not understanding where he was during the whole 30 minutes I waited to see him, but oh well, he's there now............still doesn't do much, but at least he's walkin' around like I thought he was supposed to.........(sigh of relief)   
  • @SophiaLorraine (US1) Glad your cat finally showed up, sounds like he was hiding from you (typical cat), the thing about the 2 blank squares is an urban myth, it was never something said officially, but was started by players, who seemed to find that it fixed something at the time. I have never had 2 empty spaces & my cat works perfectly well & successfully does his one & only trick (so far).
  • I wish I would have never put the cat in.  Im still working on getting all the charms.  The worst thing is, if you want move it or demolish it you can't. 
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 29.05.2018
    I wish I would have never put the cat in.  Im still working on getting all the charms.  The worst thing is, if you want move it or demolish it you can't. 
    To Move it you click on the arrow button towards the bottom of screen to move the cat house, I found that out awhile back, you click on arrow then on cat house, hope that helped. :) , as far as Deleting it I am not sure that can be done, maybe another will let ya know if it can be, Happy Farming to ya.

• Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    I also bought gold to build that cat tree, and now I'm planning to demolish it, because its just very very expensive decoration, that is not giving much happines ..it gives nothing...I even can't poke my cat while it walking around as I can do with dog. I'm upset :( worst spent gold ever 

• I also bought gold to build that cat tree, and now I'm planning to demolish it, because its just very very expensive decoration, that is not giving much happines ..it gives nothing...I even can't poke my cat while it walking around as I can do with dog. I'm upset :( worst spent gold ever 

@Spurgiukas (INT1)  I agree that it doesn`t do much on level 1, but then again nor does the dog, hopefully they will add some upgrades soon, now that more & more people have unlocked them.
    I can not buy gold for this game, so I have to just work on the Cat Tree, I am not happy that there was 1 or 2 kitties wondering around when I first put it up, but now they went poof and I do not see them at all, I still got a long way to go for the Hearts, so maybe that is why, it will take Me forever to finally finishing them, but nothing I can do bout that, I kind of like the Cat Tree, it looks pretty anyway, :)
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Unless they add more and good benefits to the Cat Tree, it is a waste of time and space. Not to mention gold. Never ever feel tempted to spend gold on it!

It took me 8 months to get all the cat charms. 8 months!

Cheers
  • I was fortunate that I only have one cat tree on my main farm.  It's fully developed, which is not saying much at level 1...lol.

I see it playing, but it gives absolutely nothing other than some measly hp.  Considering that it takes so much real estate for the tiny, measly hp, it's a waste of space.  I'm tempted to demo, but it took so long to get it and like I said, just on the one farm, so for now it'll stay.

Guess I was luck, didn't spend even one tiny bit of gold on it. Just earned the charms.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I was fortunate that I only have one cat tree on my main farm.  It's fully developed, which is not saying much at level 1...lol.

I see it playing, but it gives absolutely nothing other than some measly hp.  Considering that it takes so much real estate for the tiny, measly hp, it's a waste of space.  I'm tempted to demo, but it took so long to get it and like I said, just on the one farm, so for now it'll stay.

Guess I was luck, didn't spend even one tiny bit of gold on it. Just earned the charms.
    Can you demo it now? Some were upset that they were stuck with it with no demo button.
  • RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    Yes, you can demo it now. Gives you 12,500 farm dollars
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Yes, you can demo it now. Gives you 12,500 farm dollars
    Good to know Thanks, Rob.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    OOH, I think I will see lots of happy people demolishing those cats!
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    I also bought gold to build that cat tree, and now I'm planning to demolish it, because its just very very expensive decoration, that is not giving much happines ..it gives nothing...I even can't poke my cat while it walking around as I can do with dog. I'm upset :( worst spent gold ever 

Unless they add more and good benefits to the Cat Tree, it is a waste of time and space. Not to mention gold. Never ever feel tempted to spend gold on it!

It took me 8 months to get all the cat charms. 8 months!

Cheers
    It took almost a year to get the 1 million charms for the flower farm.  The main farm cat will take another 2 years.  

Dont demolish the cat tree, an update may come and give the cat tree more levels and greatly improve the effects of the cat tree.  

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    hehe I am not holding my breath ;) But do agree about not demolishing the cat tree quite yet.

Cheers
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    Finally!!!  My cat suddenly appeared!!  I'm not understanding where he was during the whole 30 minutes I waited to see him, but oh well, he's there now............still doesn't do much, but at least he's walkin' around like I thought he was supposed to.........(sigh of relief)   
    Cats don't just instantly appear... it takes the people over at GGS awhile to wake up merlin to conjure up a pussy for you...
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Finally!!!  My cat suddenly appeared!!  I'm not understanding where he was during the whole 30 minutes I waited to see him, but oh well, he's there now............still doesn't do much, but at least he's walkin' around like I thought he was supposed to.........(sigh of relief)   
    Cats don't just instantly appear... it takes the people over at GGS awhile to wake up merlin to conjure up a pussy for you...
    Best way to come alive after a few hours sleep is to laugh so hard I almost fell out of my chair, LOL.  You sir, get the internet comment award for the day!  Congratulations!!!!
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    httpsmediagiphycommediaflKroSxUtHfRSsourcegif

As long as it took me to build my cat tree, there's no way I'm getting rid of it.
  • It took me since last year sometime to build that cat tree, I probably won;t build them on the other farms but no way I will get rid of it!
  • Yazmina (AU1)Yazmina (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1
    I just built a cat tree also thinking I'd get a cat instantly like dog :( very sad. And reading these comments makes me sadder for if I do make it through to the 67,000 needed - 8 months away I guess... 
  • Faranth2 (AU1)Faranth2 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 318
    You do get xp for training the cat, as well as hp. Not a lot, but if you click every day, it adds up.
  • Cat tree upgrades are on the teams "to-do" list, we will give them another poke to see if they will move it up in priority. :)
  • Well fellow farmers, I remember how long I've had the cat tree or the cat, but I do know it's been over a year now, and nothing has been done. The only thing the cat does is hide in the box. I still can't interact with it anywhere but in the tree, and then only if the cat is there. Never on the farm. They haven't done anything with it in nearly 2 years, I'm getting rid of it.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    I have deleted mine a few weeks ago
  • Susie124 (US1)Susie124 (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    I just started collecting cat charms and I don't really have a cat. But, Judging you guys, you are not really happy with the cat mess. Btw, It has been 1 and a half week that I bought the cat tree, and I have collected 63,678 cat charms so far. So... won't take me too long to collect all of them.
    I have decided that since I have long finished My first Cat tree on My main farm, that I will be working on getting My Gourmet & Flower Farm their Cat Tree's, it will probably either take Me forever to finish them or I might never get to finish them, but either way it will give Me something to work on  when i play My game, :)
  • Autumnferret (US1)Autumnferret (US1) US1 Posts: 1,168
    could a mod please move this thread to a more appropriate place instead of Player Introductions??
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 30.07.2021
    @BugsBunny   @RosyStarling     @ChickadeeQuilter     Please use your magic to move this thread. :)

animated-magician-image-0009

• BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    @BugsBunny   @RosyStarling     @ChickadeeQuilter     Please use your magic to move this thread. :)

animated-magician-image-0009

Abra Ka Tabra, It's done  o:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file