Home EN The Chicken Coop

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

This Weather!!!!!!!! https://discord.com/channels/820962964391198741/1123808173321637890

Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
edited 29.02.2024 in The Chicken Coop
I just can not get a break, First I had to suffer from the Winter Cold and tons of Rain, now I have to suffer from this Horrible Heat, and with Poison Ivy and Burns on My wrists as well, I am glad that the poison Ivy is almost gone though thank goodness, But I burned My wrists trying to wash it with Hot water, cause I did not think cool or cold water would do anything, so there is no happy medium, Sigh, I just wish the weather would be nice for once, but I guess I have to wait for like September or October for that, and then it will be cold again, and will have to start over, :(
Post edited by RosyStarling on

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I just can not get a break, First I had to suffer from the Winter Cold and tons of Rain, now I have to suffer from this Horrible Heat, and with Poison Ivy and Burns on My wrists as well, I am glad that the poison Ivy is almost gone though thank goodness, But I burned My wrists trying to wash it with Hot water, cause I did not think cool or cold water would do anything, so there is no happy medium, Sigh, I just wish the weather would be nice for once, but I guess I have to wait for like September or October for that, and then it will be cold again, and will have to start over, :(
    LOL!  By the way, I learned this tip from a professional gardener. Never try to wash poison ivy with hot water. Cold and gently with soap, pat dry with paper towels, otherwise you'll spread it.  Wash the soap bar after, To prevent a breakout if you think you've been exposed. wash gently with soap and water. Pat dry. Then apply rubbing alcohol to the area. Works every time. Won't help you now, of course, but next time. 
  • Horsefly bites are the problem here in SW England!!
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 03.07.2018
    LOL!  By the way, I learned this tip from a professional gardener. Never try to wash poison ivy with hot water. Cold and gently with soap, pat dry with paper towels, otherwise you'll spread it.  Wash the soap bar after, To prevent a breakout if you think you've been exposed. wash gently with soap and water. Pat dry. Then apply rubbing alcohol to the area. Works every time. Won't help you now, of course, but next time. 
    I know all bout the washing of poison Ivy as I have gotten this My whole life, I just got tired of using cold water, I am  allergic to poison Ivy, was in the hospital once in a Oxygen Tent, cause it was in My mouth, nose, eyes, ears, hair , lungs, all over My body, had to be fed from a drip bag even, I just did not want to have to go through that again, I did however buy this New stuff from Walmart called Ivarest, and I wash with liquid soap Dial, I Never Ever use Bar soap , as those grose Me out, anyway thanks for the info, much appreciated just the same, Happy Farming to ya, :)
    P.S. Also your right bout the Hot Water, only I ended up burning My Wrists with it, but I am glad the Poison Ivy is almost gone, :)
    Post edited by Blue Denim (US1) on
    Horsefly bites are the problem here in SW England!!

Those Bite? wow I did not know that, I usually smack those with the fly swatter anyhow, I do not let bugs get to close to Me, I am girly that way, :)
  • I feelin' it too, it's been in the 100s here the past few weeks. 
    We were blessed with a mild winter, which just meant we've got a bugger of a summer. 
    Heat, humidity, the mosquitos are bad this year. 
    Storms knock out the power, no Air Conditioning . . Ugh. 
    I don't mind heat, it's summer time I get it. 
    This 105 in the shade stuff, is for the birds. 

I feelin' it too, it's been in the 100s here the past few weeks. 
    We were blessed with a mild winter, which just meant we've got a bugger of a summer. 
    Heat, humidity, the mosquitos are bad this year. 
    Storms knock out the power, no Air Conditioning . . Ugh. 
    I don't mind heat, it's summer time I get it. 
    This 105 in the shade stuff, is for the birds. 

I am so sorry your going through that, yup Summers can be horrible, I hope it gets better for you, thanks for sharing, :)
    Seems we are going to get yet another thunder storm tomorrow, there has been so many I have lost count, I just hope we do not lose power, went without power once for 2 & 1/2 weeks, it was like camping I guess, but not that much fun, the only problem I have with thunder storms is that they scare My lil boy pup so bad , I have to give him tablets to calm him down cause he gets really scared, My lil girl though could care less, she sleeps through every thing, :) .
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 04.07.2018
    That guy should take off his sweater if he's too hot!  But really, I agree it is too hot.
  • kori (SKN1)kori (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 45
    Here is only 67 F (20 C) and almost whole week has just raining.  B):relieved:
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    Here the temperature is almost 40 C. :(:(

Wow really? I am so tired of the cold of winter, I was looking forward to summer, But now that it is here, I am hoping for coolness, at least if it is cooler you can put on a sweater or jacket, with summer nothing helps except the AC, but only if you do not lose power, :)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

That's about what we're experiencing this week. The heat index here yesterday was 107 F. 
    I am happy that it is so cool and nice out today, it is refreshing from all that humidity that was here, today and the rest of the week is suppose to be nice, only 1 day Wednesday will have chance of showers over night, glad it is finally nice and I do not have to use the AC, :)
    I got to say that this week is suppose to be a nice week as far as the weather goes, But I am still not liking the Fireworks that My neighbors seem to like to use just bout every night thus far, I will be very glad when this Holiday is over with, yup.
    edited 10.07.2018
    Well it looks like I won't be getting much sleep tonight, as We are suppose to have Thunder Showers tonight, instead of sleeping I will be spending the night trying to console My lil Boy Pup again,  like I have said before they scare him, and he shakes really bad, I went out and bought him one of those Wraps that keep him snug and is suppose to make him feel safe, but even with that on, I still have to hold him in My lap , I will also have to try to get him to take that Calm chewable tablet again, I had to find a new way for him to take that chewable, since he no longer will take it the normal way, I mush it on a plate with a spoon, then I mix it in a spoonful of Vanilla Yogurt, and he eats it all up, cause He luvs his yogurt, I hope that this little detail helps others having the same problem, :)
    edited 11.07.2018
    Thank goodness the Thunderstorm is over with, We Made It yayayayay, My lil boy is ok now , I gave him his tablet with his spoonful of vanilla yogurt, and it worked this time around, he was so calm and We all got a good nights sleep, This morning We got up and he is a happy pup again, Everything is Sunny just like today is, no Bad weather today, :)
    I am happy from my city's temperature as rain coming these days and making the temperature down :):)
    To make me feel cool cool :)
    I am happy from my city's temperature as rain coming these days and making the temperature down :):)
    Sounds Great, thank you for sharing, :)
    welcome dude :)
    Now not much hot summer days here. Rainy cool days. :)
  • little cate (US1)little cate (US1) US1 Posts: 2,341
    I know i hate this weather but i mean we never get what we want so i learned to get over it! lol i know i just got over the flu and the winter and then i got a stomach virus and sinus infection in june!
    edited 15.07.2018
    I know i hate this weather but i mean we never get what we want so i learned to get over it! lol i know i just got over the flu and the winter and then i got a stomach virus and sinus infection in june!
    Aw I am so sorry to see your having problems as well, I hope you get better, I am staying indoors for a bit, cause I do not want another episode of  last month, :)
    Yeah!
    I am a Dudette, :)
    Oh I wasn't knowing.
    Well again my city's temperature is hot and high temperature than last 2 days.
    Oh I wasn't knowing.
    Well again my city's temperature is hot and high temperature than last 2 days.
    Its ok no problem ,  We are expecting Thunder showers yet again, so I have to get My lil guy ready for it , I can not wait for these to go away, they take a toll on Me and him, I will have to use the wrap on him again and the tablet as well, I am making sure he gets through these the best that We can anyhow, that is all we can do him and I, :(
    What do you mean "Him" like a dog or a child? I hate storms the one last night scared my dog!
    edited 16.07.2018
    What do you mean "Him" like a dog or a child? I hate storms the one last night scared my dog!
    To make a very long story short, I was not blessed to have Human Children , and I am a blue collar worker so adoption was also out for Me as I could not afford it,  so My children are My Fur Pups, so ya Him is My Japanese Chin lil boy, My girl is the same breed, he is a Sable brownish tan and white, and she is a Regular chin Black and White, :)
    AWWW! 
    i want puppies but my parents won't allow them!
    edited 16.07.2018
    i want puppies but my parents won't allow them!
    I am sorry to see that your not allowed any Pups, Hmm I guess you will have to wait till you get older and then live on your own to have them aye, At least that is something to look forward to , then you can have whatever pet you like living on your own, good luck to you on that adventure, I have been on My own since I was young so I had to work in textile and other jobs in order to make the money I needed to live on My own right out of high school :) , I wish you and yours well , and hope that you at least are able to go to college and get better jobs then I did, good luck to you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file