Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Timer for events especially funnel

Would be nice with a 24 hour timer for funnel just like cc.  ..... for any event would be even better.

Comments

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Second that! There should notice timers for all competition events ;)
  • I agree completely and was pretty upset when I leisurely logged on this morning, only to find I was in a competition that had started hours before. Incredibly frustrating! I posted the following elsewhere in the forum about it, and will repeat it every where I can possibly see a thread related.

Name a competition, any where in the world, where the start date is given, but NOT the start time.
    It's not done that way.
    You know why? It's not the right thing to do. 
    It's unethical, underhanded, rude, inconsiderate, and devious.
    Countdown timers are available for Cooperative Championships, so you need to make them available for all other competitions if you wish to treat your players with any modicum of respect.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    I agree completely and was pretty upset when I leisurely logged on this morning, only to find I was in a competition that had started hours before. Incredibly frustrating! I posted the following elsewhere in the forum about it, and will repeat it every where I can possibly see a thread related.

Name a competition, any where in the world, where the start date is given, but NOT the start time.
    It's not done that way.
    You know why? It's not the right thing to do. 
    It's unethical, underhanded, rude, inconsiderate, and devious.
    Countdown timers are available for Cooperative Championships, so you need to make them available for all other competitions if you wish to treat your players with any modicum of respect.
    Yep, there's a countdown timer for Cooperative Championship that lets us know when the event will start.  If the exact starting times of these major events (CHWE, HWE, FHWE, WWC) are no longer posted in the forum, then provide built-in countdown timers for all these major events.

Thanks for your consideration.
  • Wisso (US1)Wisso (US1) Posts: 19
    edited 03.07.2018
    also would like to add that starting an event at 4 AM on the US!!!!!! server is not acceptable either as this will favors non US players over the actual US players  :|
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    also would like to add that starting an event at 4 AM on the US!!!!!! server is not acceptable either as this will favors non US players over the actual US players  :|
    For those of us, like myself, who sleep during the day it would be unfair to not have it start in the middle of the night.  I would not have the opportunity to start when it began as well, so I see this as a double edged sword for all of us.    While I am sleeping you all get to start and continue on, while the silo most certainly stops for me. 
  • also would like to add that starting an event at 4 AM on the US!!!!!! server is not acceptable either as this will favors non US players over the actual US players  :|
    For those of us, like myself, who sleep during the day it would be unfair to not have it start in the middle of the night.  I would not have the opportunity to start when it began as well, so I see this as a double edged sword for all of us.    While I am sleeping you all get to start and continue on, while the silo most certainly stops for me. 
    Thats what im talking about, 4 AM or midnight is a time that favors a small group of players over the other bigger group which is unfair.
    Thats what im talking about, 4 AM or midnight is a time that favors a small group of players over the other bigger group which is unfair.
    You are at the top of the food chain for most events, I hardly see this as an issue for you.  Sorry, but it is true.
  • 4 AM is an issue for everyone who has a job, family... life
    4 AM is an issue for everyone who has a job, family... life
    Yet, you manage to be at the top quite frequently.  Sorry, still don't see this as much of an issue for you.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Well actually it doesn't favor non US players in particular, all events start at the same time on all servers.
    For example CC and HWE start around midnight on the NL1 server (which is Hambug timezone)
    It's a worldwide game so it's bound to be the middle of the night somewhere when an event starts ;)
  • Thats because i have to do extra work, spend more gold and time to get to that point and keep up with those players who had the start time advantage. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Well actually it doesn't favor non US players in particular, all events start at the same time on all servers.
    For example CC and HWE start around midnight on the NL1 server (which is Hambug timezone)
    It's a worldwide game so it's bound to be the middle of the night somewhere when an event starts ;)
    Which begs the question, why can't the events start at the same time for each server -- by that I mean, 5pm, for example, per each server's clock, (Yes, some people will still be inconvenienced, depending on their time zone.)  In events where servers are up against each other, the scores would simply be tallied and announced when the event has ended for all servers.

Other "global" games do this.
  • Well actually it doesn't favor non US players in particular, all events start at the same time on all servers.
    Why does it has to be like this? im playing CC or HWE on the US server its not a worldwide event it is a server wide event
    Thats because i have to do extra work, spend more gold and time to get to that point and keep up with those players who had the start time advantage. 
    So, take a break from all that, give someone else a chance?
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    That would be good, but it seems the start times are pretty random at the moment, the FHWE hasn't shown up here at the usual time, so I'll see in the morning if it's there. (and there will be no gold spending to catch up :D)
    I don't see it as a true "Win" if it is bought with gold.  I think all gold spending for these should be stopped by GGS so that it is a true effort by all involved.  Of course, GGS doesn't seem to like my ideas, lol.
    That would be good, but it seems the start times are pretty random at the moment, the FHWE hasn't shown up here at the usual time, so I'll see in the morning if it's there. (and there will be no gold spending to catch up :D)
    Well, there is that! LOL!

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I don't care when an event starts on the US server, I just want to know what time it will start.  This way I can make plans for it or decide to skip it.  

For the current status of it not starting at the normal BFT of 5pm and pretty much starting .... whenever, I am not even given a choice whether to prepare for it or skip it because I would most likely be sleeping if they start it somewhere in the middle of the night. 
    edited 04.07.2018
    WOW!   GGS, you are so wrong in doing this to the players.  This event was not to begin until tomorrow, and yet here it is now with folks trying really hard to get what they need to begin the event.  You really stink in your customer service-Big Time!

This didn't hurt me, but I know it has hurt many of your farmers, HOW COULD YOU?

Here is YOUR CALENDAR!  Why don't you follow it and start being more telling in what is happening within this game?  We all depend on you for forthright information.

• RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    Date and time has been an issue for quite a while. The calendar is set for Germany, where GGS is located. It is tomorrow (July 4 ) in Germany.
    In my co-op we figure 12-15 hours sooner than the date posted for events. It's not perfect but it's better than being caught unprepared.

we start looking for events before midnight of the posted date (5pm on the US server), just in case. I honestly thought this was going to be another 3am deal like last time.
    So, I liked both of your posts.  I think I do remember being told that once, a very long time ago.  Why has the narrative been 12 midnight to 4 am starting at the guessing time?  It is very confusing.
  • shehara (IN1)shehara (IN1) IN1 Posts: 42
    I would very much like the way FHWE happened before..the moderators posting time and the day in mods news..since it's an event thats time based I don't see how not knowing the starting time is fair..
    P.S if the timings are posted in any other thread, please post it's link here :) 
    Thanks and have a nice day <3
  • Germany is 6 hours ahead of the Eastern Time in the US. If something is scheduled to start on August 1st, look for it starting at 6 PM on the eastern time zone. It could start any time after that. Waiting for something before then is a waste or a wrong calendar on GGS's end.
  • firewolf (INT1)firewolf (INT1) INT1 Posts: 41
    I would very much like the way FHWE happened before..the moderators posting time and the day in mods news..since it's an event thats time based I don't see how not knowing the starting time is fair..
    P.S if the timings are posted in any other thread, please post it's link here :) 
    Thanks and have a nice day <3

I agree, cant get to gold mining licence w/o knowing the starting time of FHWE...
Sign In to comment.