Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update June 14th - Do you feel the Football Fever? - Discussion

Comments

• Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    edited 17.06.2018
    Nice event
    Tour de France next year, begins this year on 7 July.

Gerelateerde afbeelding
  • Well, I had some initial harsh comments about this event but, it's not too bad. 
    There's some upkeep with it, mainly keeping abreast of the schedule so you can get your bets in on time.
    Understanding who's favored in each match/division. (Which is kind of already there in the coaching area)

It could do with some tweaking but, all in all - it's alright. 
    I'm becoming a bit more of an international football fan. 
    Though I'll probably stick to MLS/USL 

THERE YOU WON GGS. 
    :D 
  • OK, so I'm not into football at all, but am playing along and its ok so far - BUT - rather than yet another new event (and one that has nothing whatsoever to do with farming) why not fix all that is broken first?  How many threads have there been that say there is too much going on at once? so GGS add yet another one!  So we will have HWE of CHWE or CC, a temp farm, Goldfish, Hare's to nature, Horse season, all the usual stuff like framing, fishing, etc and now football as well!

I'm not knocking having something on for the World Cup - it is sort of fun, but surely priorities should be fixing whats broken. 
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 17.06.2018

The "Your reward" seems to be correct and I do believe I've received the correct amount of trophies as I noticed I've gone up in rankings since the result was posted. :#

But the "Detailed results" are all zeros.  Is this a display error? :/

• garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Look in the goalmouths, it shows 1-1
  • .Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your feedback about the event so far, we are passing it all on. With regard to the event not being related to farming, isn`t that true of most events, such as Valentine's day, other holidays, UFOs etc? The fact that you need to use your farms to win the rewards, makes it farm related, but it is good to see that even though some of you are not fans of football, you are still having some fun with the event. :)

Not a fair comparison. All of the events you mentioned - do not require me to check outside sources of my farms before making decisions on what to do.

I do not care for sports at all - none of them. I now have to check every day to see who's playing tomorrow against whom, what time the matches start, who is favored in those matches. To someone who truly dislikes sports, it's not too thrilling the amount of time I need to spend outside of my game to find out what to do inside of it.
    I love events that are completely inside the game, and all I need to do is come up with my personal strategy to try to do well in those. :) 
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    I'm glad it's only been a couple of days in because the buyers are already at work in the game.  I laid down for 3 hours after the last match and came in here to collect.  In that 3 hours I had slept someone who was not even in the top 11 is suddenly now in 1st place, I was in second.  This was after all matches played, so we all know how that happened.  I was telling my husband and he asked me a question, "So, why do you play if the buyers just keep themselves at the top and you won't ever win the top levels?"  That's a great question, and my answer would be, "I came to big farm to build a farm like it said in the advertisements.  There was no mention of being completely at war with other farmers just to do events.  There was also no mention that I would be at war with all  the gold buyers who will always knock you down the line, in-spite of working hard.

My husband was watching NHRA racing and a commercial came on with three young future racing children sitting on a stoop, and they were discussing certain auto parts, and the question was, "What is the most important part about racing?"  All three kids had their own ideas on what made what part better than the other.  Then another young future racer came upon the scene and was asked, "What about you, what do you think is the most important part about racing?" and his answer to them was of course, "Winning" with a huge smile on his face.  Yes, winning is fun when you work hard for it and don't buy your way to the top.  This commercial really hit hard regarding playing this game, and all the competition that will never be in a non gold buyers reach.  Why work so hard for it if, when?  Some will say, "Well you don't have to work so hard, just play as much as you want and be done with it!"  My answer to that would be, if I could turn off all the events and only choose what I wanted to do this might work for me.  Otherwise, I am sucked in like everyone else and it is hard to stay out because of it.  I am an all or nothing player, that is why I am not in a coop, I feel forced to do more than I ever want to do. 

I wanted to build a farm, and now I don't want to build a farm anymore.  This is a game, and it is supposed to be fun.  I don't find it fun anymore so it is time to step away.  I am glad I didn't waste my entire next 29 days on this event only to be suddenly knocked down because, well we know why.   We have another player that came here to the forums who seems to be a long time player, and has decided to leave the farm.  Then another who said they haven't been farming for months because of all the problems, and only wanted to check the forums to see how things were going.  This player discovered the same problems as before, and has decided not to come back for a few months, then will check the forums first and see if there has been any improvement here.  This was a game I was able to play while being up all night long, I have a few medical issues, sleep is not my friend, and being up all night can be extremely boring when trying to be quiet so not to wake my husband.

I have been very vocal about the unfair advantage of gold over non gold players, I have also been very vocal about the non stop competition and not being able to just farm.  Instead we are constantly pulled into these events because of automatic collection of drop items, even if we don't want to play.  I wasn't going to play this sports event but was sucked in because of automatic collection.  So, I am joining the others, I am done playing Big Farm for now.  I don't know if I will demolish my farm yet, and I bought gold in the past which I understand to mean that my farm won't be deleted.  Another reason to leave my farm, without a gold lock I don't find it fun to have what little gold I have disappear from my account because GGS refuses to help us keep our gold.  I have lost thousands of gold coins to this issue.  Gold I could have used to upgrade things on my farm.  I may do the same as the other player, and come back in to check the forums to see if there are any improvements on GGS's end.

I feel I've made a few friends here and my hope for those who stay is that you get some kind of relief from all the competition, the constant bug issues without fail which are not addressed, the theft of hard earned rewards and the lag issues as well.  I hope you can do what you came here to do, which would be known as "to build a farm".  Happy Farming All--Suzy!

• @aaabbb1 (INT1) @olja05 (INT1) Both of your accounts were checked & are ok - Olja, as expected you had a pop-up with the display bug, that should not happen again & aaabbb1, I have sent you some numbers in a PM. :)

The "Your reward" seems to be correct and I do believe I've received the correct amount of trophies as I noticed I've gone up in rankings since the result was posted. :#

But the "Detailed results" are all zeros.  Is this a display error? :/

@Seeker1 (US1) Yes that is the display bug that was fixed this morning, you should have been credited correctly. :)

Sheila NOLA Gal (US1)
    said:
    I do not care for sports at all - none of them. I now have to check every day to see who's playing tomorrow against whom, what time the matches start, who is favored in those matches. To someone who truly dislikes sports, it's not too thrilling the amount of time I need to spend outside of my game to find out what to do inside of it.
    I love events that are completely inside the game, and all I need to do is come up with my personal strategy to try to do well in those. :) 
    @sheilaNOLA Gal (US1) We have passed on the feedback about players having to find that info themselves & the CMs agree it is inconvenient & will bring it up with the team. As you know adding info to the game requires an update, so it is unlikely they would be able to show results in game, but they could show a calendar of matches that they update with each round. In the meantime the best site we have found is this one: FIFA World Cup™ Calendar
    As for the "favored teams" there is a rough guide to that in the amounts of trophies & balls you can win per whistle for each goal, For example the very 1st match Russia gives 4 trophies per whistle, whereas Saudi Arabia gives 30 per whistle, as Russia was very much the favorites. Though that is not calculated on a match to match basis (see below).

@Lylu (INT1) I checked for you & the ratios will not be changing with each match - The info we were given is that "They are based on the last 20 years or so of the team's results and world position. They are generally related to the team's expected performance across the whole World Cup rather than per game"
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    Where are the rest of the teams still to play, I only have 2 matches left to bet on and wondered where the rest of the matches are?   
    Where are the rest of the teams still to play, I only have 2 matches left to bet on and wondered where the rest of the matches are?   
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    They're still on 1 of the 4 tabs. They probably won't be in order (or next to each other) any longer, you may have to hunt on each tab for each team. Or maybe they'll shuffle them back around again after the Colombia/Japan match tomorrow, who knows.. But all 32 teams are still there. :)
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Lots of matches left.  Here's a link to the schedule

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/

• There are 4 tabs, all 32 teams are posted within those 4.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Saw this while trying to get some information on the World Cup matches for the event and just had to share

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/ddrz/geico-soccer-celebration
    Lots of matches left.  Here's a link to the schedule

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/

Thank you for that shazamd xxx
  • So, are the groups going to update to reflect the new matches, or are we to just 
    place whistles on teams and it'll figure it's self out? 

Russia and Egypt play in 40 minutes but the pairing isn't there. 

Sooo...what now? 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    So, are the groups going to update to reflect the new matches, or are we to just 

Sooo...what now? 
    Both teams are there. Just look under the different tabs.
  • So, are the groups going to update to reflect the new matches, or are we to just 

Sooo...what now? 
    I'm aware the teams are there, they're just not paired in the coaching section. 
    I'm also wondering why whistles haven't disappeared for the Poland Senegal game that finished up early today.
    I was awarded for my bets but, there's still whistles on them. I guess a visual error? 

Anyways, my point is - will the system give results for the second & third round even if they're not 
    "paired" with the new rounds. 
    So, are the groups going to update to reflect the new matches, or are we to just 

Sooo...what now? 
    I'm also wondering why whistles haven't disappeared for the Poland Senegal game that finished up early today.
    I was awarded for my bets but, there's still whistles on them. I guess a visual error? 

Anyways, my point is - will the system give results for the second & third round even if they're not 
    Gotcha about the pairings. As for the whistles still being there, in the announcement, we were told that the whistles stay with the teams for the duration. So, if I put my whistles on Spain for their first match, if they score tomorrow, I still should get points.

Sooo...what now? 

Gotcha about the pairings. As for the whistles still being there, in the announcement, we were told that the whistles stay with the teams for the duration. So, if I put my whistles on Spain for their first match, if they score tomorrow, I still should get points.
    Thanks for clarifying, I was under the assumption that bets (Whistles) cleared as soon as a single match of
    a pairing was over/won.  
    So this is a long haul bet, rather than odd per match. Got it, thanks for your help! 

Sooo...what now? 

Thanks for clarifying, I was under the assumption that bets (Whistles) cleared as soon as a single match of
    a pairing was over/won.  
    So this is a long haul bet, rather than odd per match. Got it, thanks for your help! 
    Well, take it with a grain of salt! That's what some of us are presuming. Things change in the land of GGS, as you know :) 
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 20.06.2018
     Edit: question answered.
  • FastSylvia (NL1)FastSylvia (NL1) NL1 Posts: 102
    edited 20.06.2018
    I don't know if this is the right section for it, but I believe I dont receive any bonus for my grass booster...
    which is at 110% now. I do receive points after played matches but just single counted....Or is the grass bonus is for something else in this event??

I don't know if this is the right section for it, but I believe I dont receive any bonus for my grass booster...
    which is at 110% now. I do receive points after played matches but just single counted....Or is the grass bonus is for something else in this event??

@Fas@"FastSylvia (NL1)"

The bonus does not apply to the Trophies/Footballs won for goals during matches.  The bonus only applies to what drops on the farm - fields, stables, orchards, etc.
  • tinus79 (NL1)tinus79 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 53
    edited 20.06.2018
    is it possible  to block the teams that dont have to play any more ?
    so we dont donate wistles to the wrong teams 
    or can we still earn points there  ?
    No teams will be knocked out until Group Play ends around June 30th. We've been told that when teams are removed from the (real life) event, they will will also be removed from the in-game event.

@Fas@"FastSylvia (NL1)"

The bonus does not apply to the Trophies/Footballs won for goals during matches.  The bonus only applies to what drops on the farm - fields, stables, orchards, etc.
    O thnx for the answer, but the amount drops is still the same as from the beginning.

@Fas@"FastSylvia (NL1)"

O thnx for the answer, but the amount drops is still the same as from the beginning.
    @FastSylvia (NL1)

Well I can't speak to your farm, but I'm at 70% myself and my drops have definitely been increasing.
    for example: first day i received 27 for chicken and today the same.. if booster of 110% affect this it should be 58 while harvesting now?

edited 20.06.2018
    for example: first day i received 27 for chicken and today the same.. if booster of 110% affect this it should be 58 while harvesting now?

I'm getting 22 and/or 44 for my chicken coops (@ 70%) bonus.  Sounds like 27 (and/or 54?)  would be about right for 110%.

{Edit: You can't just check 1 drop - you have to check multiple drops, as there's around a 50/50 chance of a drop being worth 1x or 2x the drop amount).
This discussion has been closed.