Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Update June 14th - Do you feel the Football Fever? - Discussion

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,491
    @WascallyWabbit I have a whistle question, too.  Something was mentioned along the lines that whistles donated after the match starts don't count.  If that's the case, during the final match we should stop donations, correct?
    As soon the game(in real) starts, we are not able to donate whistles to the teams and it shows match in progress instead donating symbol.
    So don't forget to donate the whistles for an match. 
    Thanks!!

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    I have had a long break from this game - too many different events starting and not working made me give up - but thought I would visit the forum and see what has been happening during my absence.  Yet another new event (that was really needed lol) and from reading a few pages of this long thread I understand that a part of the event needs edge plants.  These were causing problems when I left, so it would seem as if that part of the game hasn't been fixed yet.  Think I will revisit the forum in another 6 months to see if there is any improvement made.  Have fun (?) FARMERS.   
    bdreish @ en 1
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,472
    I have had a long break from this game - too many different events starting and not working made me give up - but thought I would visit the forum and see what has been happening during my absence.  Yet another new event (that was really needed lol) and from reading a few pages of this long thread I understand that a part of the event needs edge plants.  These were causing problems when I left, so it would seem as if that part of the game hasn't been fixed yet.  Think I will revisit the forum in another 6 months to see if there is any improvement made.  Have fun (?) FARMERS.   
    It's probably going to take 6 years or double that to get GGS to fix this game.  The new event doesn't require edge plants but the coops still need them for the jetty boat and can't get them.  The only thing this new event needs is stadium turf which you just sell to make money because there is no use for it after the event ends.  I agree too many things not working here.

• Russia won yesterday. I didn't get the rewards points for Russian team. And today France won 2-1. I placed points on both teams France and Australia. But I only got the rewards points for 1-1. It means rewards point x 1 for France and x 1 for Australia. I should have received x 2 for France not x 1. Could you please look into this for me. Thanks
    @Vivienne (AU1) You missed a day there :) There was a problem with the 1st match on Thursday (Russia vs Saudi Arabia), see the announcement, which we are waiting to be resolved. Then there were 3 matches yesterday  & we have had 1/4 so far today - Did you by any chance get a screenshot of your result pop-up for France vs Australia? If not, did it have 1 or 2 flags on it? What were the numbers on the long bar above the flags & how many whistles did you use for each team?
    About not geting points for whistles: I put down some whistles on Spain, Portugal, France and Argentina.
    Got ones for Spaian, Portugal (thank you guys ;), a real win-win situation here :)  ) and France, but the popup did not show after Argentinas match finished and it seamds that I did not get the price either (not 100% sure as I did not follow the number items, but my ranking did not change and no activity reward won either and I have around 22000 whistles bet put on Argentina. ). Did anyone else had similar problems with Argentina or any other team apart Russians?
    I cant see anything from the whistle window as all teams are showing zero goals (even the ones I got price for).
    @aaabbb1 (INT1)  You should have got 66,000 Trophies & 309 footballs, so depending on how far along you are  with hardwork rewards, 309 balls may not have taken you to the next one & should be able to tell on the rankings list if 66,000 trophies should have made a significant change to your rank. If you got the pop-up for the game, that is a good sign - there is a minor display error, that the team are aware of, where the pop-up can show 0, but as garybaldy says, after relog the rewards get credited - I will ask the techs tomorrow to make sure that you did get the rewards for that match, hopefully it is something that is easy for them to check.

I donated whistles for the national team of Croatia, and I needed to get trophies for two goals scored. But the message on the screen writes 0 trophies, although it says it has been successfully done.
      Error?

I really liked the football fever, I must commend the new event. I do not follow football, and now I know when and who will play. :D
    It is interesting, and I would like to have more similar events ..
    ( I speak English badly, I'm sorry)
    @olja05 (INT1)  It sounds like you got the display error that I mentioned above, I will also try to get your trophies checked for that game.

@bdreish (GB1) Welcome back! Yes, another new event, though this one does appear to be a lot more popular than other recent ones :)  Edge plants are not involved in the event at all & there is still an issue with them, in that humus has no effect, the display says it works, but when you harvest you get the regular amount of edge plants. As for the event, you get "coaching kits" dropped with everything that you harvest, which comprise of whistles, trophies & footballs - The opening page of the event dialogue says what each of those items does and aside from deciding which teams to give your whistles too, that is all there is to it. :)

Community Guidelines | GGS TOS | How to Clear your Cache |  Click to Contact Support

"I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions!" - Caine

• Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    edited 17.06.2018
    Nice event
    Tour de France next year, begins this year on 7 July.

Gerelateerde afbeelding
  • Well, I had some initial harsh comments about this event but, it's not too bad. 
    There's some upkeep with it, mainly keeping abreast of the schedule so you can get your bets in on time.
    Understanding who's favored in each match/division. (Which is kind of already there in the coaching area)

It could do with some tweaking but, all in all - it's alright. 
    I'm becoming a bit more of an international football fan. 
    Though I'll probably stick to MLS/USL 

THERE YOU WON GGS. 
    :D 
    Empire Retiree, sent to the Farm. 

Proud Member of Farmers First!
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 17.06.2018

The "Your reward" seems to be correct and I do believe I've received the correct amount of trophies as I noticed I've gone up in rankings since the result was posted. :#

But the "Detailed results" are all zeros.  Is this a display error? :/

"By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third, by experience, which is the bitterest."  
    --Confucius
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Look in the goalmouths, it shows 1-1
  • .Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your feedback about the event so far, we are passing it all on. With regard to the event not being related to farming, isn`t that true of most events, such as Valentine's day, other holidays, UFOs etc? The fact that you need to use your farms to win the rewards, makes it farm related, but it is good to see that even though some of you are not fans of football, you are still having some fun with the event. :)

Not a fair comparison. All of the events you mentioned - do not require me to check outside sources of my farms before making decisions on what to do.

I do not care for sports at all - none of them. I now have to check every day to see who's playing tomorrow against whom, what time the matches start, who is favored in those matches. To someone who truly dislikes sports, it's not too thrilling the amount of time I need to spend outside of my game to find out what to do inside of it.
    I love events that are completely inside the game, and all I need to do is come up with my personal strategy to try to do well in those. :) 
  • @aaabbb1 (INT1) @olja05 (INT1) Both of your accounts were checked & are ok - Olja, as expected you had a pop-up with the display bug, that should not happen again & aaabbb1, I have sent you some numbers in a PM. :)

The "Your reward" seems to be correct and I do believe I've received the correct amount of trophies as I noticed I've gone up in rankings since the result was posted. :#

But the "Detailed results" are all zeros.  Is this a display error? :/

@Seeker1 (US1) Yes that is the display bug that was fixed this morning, you should have been credited correctly. :)

Sheila NOLA Gal (US1)
    said:
    I do not care for sports at all - none of them. I now have to check every day to see who's playing tomorrow against whom, what time the matches start, who is favored in those matches. To someone who truly dislikes sports, it's not too thrilling the amount of time I need to spend outside of my game to find out what to do inside of it.
    I love events that are completely inside the game, and all I need to do is come up with my personal strategy to try to do well in those. :) 
    @sheilaNOLA Gal (US1) We have passed on the feedback about players having to find that info themselves & the CMs agree it is inconvenient & will bring it up with the team. As you know adding info to the game requires an update, so it is unlikely they would be able to show results in game, but they could show a calendar of matches that they update with each round. In the meantime the best site we have found is this one: FIFA World Cup™ Calendar
    As for the "favored teams" there is a rough guide to that in the amounts of trophies & balls you can win per whistle for each goal, For example the very 1st match Russia gives 4 trophies per whistle, whereas Saudi Arabia gives 30 per whistle, as Russia was very much the favorites. Though that is not calculated on a match to match basis (see below).

@Lylu (INT1) I checked for you & the ratios will not be changing with each match - The info we were given is that "They are based on the last 20 years or so of the team's results and world position. They are generally related to the team's expected performance across the whole World Cup rather than per game"

Community Guidelines | GGS TOS | How to Clear your Cache |  Click to Contact Support

"I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions!" - Caine

• Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 310
    Where are the rest of the teams still to play, I only have 2 matches left to bet on and wondered where the rest of the matches are?   
    Where are the rest of the teams still to play, I only have 2 matches left to bet on and wondered where the rest of the matches are?   
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    They're still on 1 of the 4 tabs. They probably won't be in order (or next to each other) any longer, you may have to hunt on each tab for each team. Or maybe they'll shuffle them back around again after the Colombia/Japan match tomorrow, who knows.. But all 32 teams are still there. :)

Success Team is an active, friendly co-op looking for daily adult players. Click here if interested or apply in game today! :)
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 755
    Lots of matches left.  Here's a link to the schedule

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/

• There are 4 tabs, all 32 teams are posted within those 4.

White _Doves @ us 1           Designed & made by  farmerjohn 22 US1
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,895
    Saw this while trying to get some information on the World Cup matches for the event and just had to share

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/ddrz/geico-soccer-celebration

Need help check CrazyBigFarm
    Lots of matches left.  Here's a link to the schedule

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/

Thank you for that shazamd xxx
  • So, are the groups going to update to reflect the new matches, or are we to just 
    place whistles on teams and it'll figure it's self out? 

Russia and Egypt play in 40 minutes but the pairing isn't there. 

Sooo...what now? 

So, are the groups going to update to reflect the new matches, or are we to just 

Sooo...what now? 
    Both teams are there. Just look under the different tabs.

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• So, are the groups going to update to reflect the new matches, or are we to just 

Sooo...what now? 
    I'm aware the teams are there, they're just not paired in the coaching section. 
    I'm also wondering why whistles haven't disappeared for the Poland Senegal game that finished up early today.
    I was awarded for my bets but, there's still whistles on them. I guess a visual error? 

Anyways, my point is - will the system give results for the second & third round even if they're not 
    "paired" with the new rounds. 

So, are the groups going to update to reflect the new matches, or are we to just 

Sooo...what now? 
    I'm also wondering why whistles haven't disappeared for the Poland Senegal game that finished up early today.
    I was awarded for my bets but, there's still whistles on them. I guess a visual error? 

Anyways, my point is - will the system give results for the second & third round even if they're not 
    Gotcha about the pairings. As for the whistles still being there, in the announcement, we were told that the whistles stay with the teams for the duration. So, if I put my whistles on Spain for their first match, if they score tomorrow, I still should get points.

Sooo...what now? 

Gotcha about the pairings. As for the whistles still being there, in the announcement, we were told that the whistles stay with the teams for the duration. So, if I put my whistles on Spain for their first match, if they score tomorrow, I still should get points.
    Thanks for clarifying, I was under the assumption that bets (Whistles) cleared as soon as a single match of
    a pairing was over/won.  
    So this is a long haul bet, rather than odd per match. Got it, thanks for your help! 

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 20.06.2018
     Edit: question answered.
  • FastSylvia (NL1)FastSylvia (NL1) NL1 Posts: 102
    edited 20.06.2018
    I don't know if this is the right section for it, but I believe I dont receive any bonus for my grass booster...
    which is at 110% now. I do receive points after played matches but just single counted....Or is the grass bonus is for something else in this event??

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I don't know if this is the right section for it, but I believe I dont receive any bonus for my grass booster...
    which is at 110% now. I do receive points after played matches but just single counted....Or is the grass bonus is for something else in this event??

@[email protected]"FastSylvia (NL1)"

The bonus does not apply to the Trophies/Footballs won for goals during matches.  The bonus only applies to what drops on the farm - fields, stables, orchards, etc.

Success Team is an active, friendly co-op looking for daily adult players. Click here if interested or apply in game today! :)
  • tinus79 (NL1)tinus79 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 53
    edited 20.06.2018
    is it possible  to block the teams that dont have to play any more ?
    so we dont donate wistles to the wrong teams 
    or can we still earn points there  ?
    tinus79 @ nl 1
This discussion has been closed.