Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update June 14th - Do you feel the Football Fever? - Discussion

Comments

• angie50 (GB1)angie50 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 223
    the flower farm as been like that for months, u never no when anything is ready, so u av to keep going back on it to check .
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 16.06.2018
    the flower farm as been like that for months, u never no when anything is ready, so u av to keep going back on it to check .
    Yeah, I was reading it in the forums a while back but I didn't have the problems then as I have been the last couple of months.  Of course Deep Sea Fishing is a problem now too!
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    Are there not going to be any Coop Championship Wheels of Fortune?
    CC wheel of fortune is there on IN1 server.
    It came few minutes back.
  • paroma (IN1)paroma (IN1) IN1 Posts: 45
    This football event has nothing to do with farming,yes. But I am finding it fun, nevertheless. I don't know anything about football. I think this event is a bit like wwc, with a bit of guessing game thrown in. On the whole, easy rewards. And the rewards are good.
     However,we can always do with plenty of farm-related events, GGS.
    This football event has nothing to do with farming,yes. But I am finding it fun, nevertheless. I don't know anything about football. I think this event is a bit like wwc, with a bit of guessing game thrown in. On the whole, easy rewards. And the rewards are good.
     However,we can always do with plenty of farm-related events, GGS.
    same here paroma, i don't like football but after coming this event, i started seeing the matches even :D:D
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    @WascallyWabbit -  one question I saw asked somewhere that didn't get answered - Is there a / What is the maximum bonus percentage that can be obtained from growing stadium grass?
  • @Lylu (INT1) Ooh thankyou, we did ask that one, I missed it off my list, there had to be one lol - The bonus is unlimited :)

@SuzyQ22 (US1) The problems with the timer are indeed a known issue, though the DSF one can be fixed by switching farms & going back to DSF & it should then have the correct time. The most likely reason that they have not been fixed yet, is because as well as the various bugs, we have a lot of requests for different things to be added to the timers & the way it is now, space is limited (for some screen resolutions there is no space left at all) so it is waiting for a makeover & they probably won`t spend time fixing it if its going to be changed anyway.

@ Everyone
    I am not a football fan, but I too am enjoying the event, especially as it doesn`t make me watch the games & I like that it has the whistles part, which is beyond the control of even GGS, it adds a nice twist imo. -  If any of you can think of a way to reuse the event with a different theme or come up with an event of your own, feel free to start an "Invent an Event" thread & post your ideas. We will gladly pass them on to the team & I am sure we could find some rewards for anyone who's idea gets used. :)
  • Vivienne (AU1)Vivienne (AU1) AU1 Posts: 24
    Russia won yesterday. I didn't get the rewards points for Russian team. And today France won 2-1. I placed points on both teams France and Australia. But I only got the rewards points for 1-1. It means rewards point x 1 for France and x 1 for Australia. I should have received x 2 for France not x 1. Could you please look into this for me. Thanks
    Cli (AU1) said:
    Cli (AU1) said:
    So, does anyone know how I can get more of the super turf seeds or the fast growing turf seeds?
    Gold.
     :'(  :(   I should have clarified myself.  Other than buying them with gold and getting them from Hardwork Rewards, is there any other way to get the special/super turf seeds?  I mean because we are going to be at this for a whole month, we should be able to have better access to these seeds.
    No other options, so you can just grow what you can in the meantime while you wait for some more to land in your seeds.
  • Russia won yesterday. I didn't get the rewards points for Russian team. And today France won 2-1. I placed points on both teams France and Australia. But I only got the rewards points for 1-1. It means rewards point x 1 for France and x 1 for Australia. I should have received x 2 for France not x 1. Could you please look into this for me. Thanks
    @Vivienne (AU1) You missed a day there :) There was a problem with the 1st match on Thursday (Russia vs Saudi Arabia), see the announcement, which we are waiting to be resolved. Then there were 3 matches yesterday  & we have had 1/4 so far today - Did you by any chance get a screenshot of your result pop-up for France vs Australia? If not, did it have 1 or 2 flags on it? What were the numbers on the long bar above the flags & how many whistles did you use for each team?
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495

RunsWivScissors (GB1)

I still think SPORTS has absolutely ZERO TO DO WITH A FARM GAME!
    Already there are posts (in other threads) from other people who are also not sports fans.

Bottom line, when GG launches something I hate, and this one has locked up my farms several times now all while trying to do the CC thing.   It's time to walk away.   Some things like the coop village I can just ignore. But this one keeps tossing up garbage all over the place.  How does harvesting corn produce balls and whistles?   It's just stupid.
    Logging off.... out to my garden. NO ONE moving a ball back and forth there either. (Sports is such a total waste of energy.  And yet people say "why are we exploring space when people are starving on Earth? Makes me crazy.  How much is spent moving a ball back and forth in assorted courts, fields, stadiums, rinks etc etc etc etc...... Paying adults insane amounts of money to play a game.  Not to mention all the garbage to buy with "your team" name on it.  The whole industry is stupid.) 

I agree with you when you say sport has nothing to do with farming but don't understand why you say space exploration is a waste of time? Wouldn't it make sense to see potential threats coming from space (asteroids) months even years in advance to give the human race a chance to defend itself? Starving will be the least of our worries then, not to mention the climate is changing so more bad things could potentially happen in the future....its better to be prepared or is the earth flat? Don't get me started on those people!

You misunderstood.  It's not ME who says that.  I'm all for space exploration.  Always have been.  It's just since we cut cable TV several years ago I get all my news off the internet now and there are usually comments below any story.
    Yahoo news (worst source ever, just enough to get the headlines then go find it somewhere else.)  Anyway it just boggles my mind how the most stupid fluff story gets thousands of comments, but the latest space mission, is first buried a few clicks in, then might have 5 comments total, usually from morons complaining about how much it costs. 
    Re read my post.  "People say..." Not me.  Others.  You know, those who still think the earth is flat. 

going back outside.... for the first time in the 20+ years we lived here, we have Baltimore Oriel birds nesting out back.  They usually just pass through.  Very cool indeed.   Bought some binoculars off ebay, cheap ones but perfect for this. 
  • Hi Guys,

Fascinating as that all is, it is off topic for this thread - Feel free to chat in "The Kubby"  it could do with some new posts.  :)
  • bandit12 (NL1)bandit12 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 22
    How i feel about that football event??It takes a lot of gold to win it,gave the feeling the wanth me paying the players just for kicking against a football,so sorry,not with me:-))
    How i feel about that football event??It takes a lot of gold to win it,gave the feeling the wanth me paying the players just for kicking against a football,so sorry,not with me:-))
    I'm not using gold, I am only coming in and collecting and then leaving again after I read the forum.  I have dropped from rank 3 to rank 7 already and it has only been about 2 or 3 hours.  Too much needed to stay on top for the really good rewards so I will just get what I get and be done.  These month long events are too much.
    @WascallyWabbit could clarify something please - If we place whistles on both team in a match should we receive trophies and footballs for all the goals scored by both teams, or only from the winning team.  My assumption was that we would only be awarded according to the winning team, but the question above and your reply has left me wondering.

Also, a new question - can you find out if the payout ratios (ie 1 whistle earns 3 trophies) for the teams will change for new matches?
  • @WascallyWabbit could clarify something please - If we place whistles on both team in a match should we receive trophies and footballs for all the goals scored by both teams, or only from the winning team.  My assumption was that we would only be awarded according to the winning team, but the question above and your reply has left me wondering.

Also, a new question - can you find out if the payout ratios (ie 1 whistle earns 3 trophies) for the teams will change for new matches?
    @Lylu (INT1) If you place whistles on both teams, then you should get paid for all goals that are scored, regardless of who wins or loses the match & the pop-up should have both flags on it. As for the ratios, I would expect them to change, to reflect the new team they play against, but maybe that would be too complicated for an event, so I will try to get you a definite answer to that one.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    @WascallyWabbit I have a whistle question, too.  Something was mentioned along the lines that whistles donated after the match starts don't count.  If that's the case, during the final match we should stop donations, correct?
    edited 16.06.2018
    @artful (US1)  -  the game will not allow you to donate whistles to teams that are playing once the match starts.  So I would say before the final match make sure all your whistles are placed on one or both of the teams playing.

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 16.06.2018
    Cli (AU1) said:
    So, does anyone know how I can get more of the super turf seeds or the fast growing turf seeds?
    Keep planting, growing and harvesting turf ;) They are a part of the hard work rewards for the event. 
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    Russia won yesterday. I didn't get the rewards points for Russian team. And today France won 2-1. I placed points on both teams France and Australia. But I only got the rewards points for 1-1. It means rewards point x 1 for France and x 1 for Australia. I should have received x 2 for France not x 1. Could you please look into this for me. Thanks
    @Vivienne (AU1) You missed a day there :) There was a problem with the 1st match on Thursday (Russia vs Saudi Arabia), see the announcement, which we are waiting to be resolved. Then there were 3 matches yesterday  & we have had 1/4 so far today - Did you by any chance get a screenshot of your result pop-up for France vs Australia? If not, did it have 1 or 2 flags on it? What were the numbers on the long bar above the flags & how many whistles did you use for each team?
    About not geting points for whistles: I put down some whistles on Spain, Portugal, France and Argentina.
    Got ones for Spaian, Portugal (thank you guys ;), a real win-win situation here :)  ) and France, but the popup did not show after Argentinas match finished and it seamds that I did not get the price either (not 100% sure as I did not follow the number items, but my ranking did not change and no activity reward won either and I have around 22000 whistles bet put on Argentina. ). Did anyone else had similar problems with Argentina or any other team apart Russians?
    I cant see anything from the whistle window as all teams are showing zero goals (even the ones I got price for).
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Happened to me, but cured when I logged out then in again , give it a try 

• shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    You can't donate to teams paying a match - buttons are greyed out
  • olja05 (INT1)olja05 (INT1) Posts: 108
    edited 16.06.2018
    I donated whistles for the national team of Croatia, and I needed to get trophies for two goals scored. But the message on the screen writes 0 trophies, although it says it has been successfully done.
      Error?

I really liked the football fever, I must commend the new event. I do not follow football, and now I know when and who will play. :D
    It is interesting, and I would like to have more similar events ..
    ( I speak English badly, I'm sorry)
    @artful (US1)  -  the game will not allow you to donate whistles to teams that are playing once the match starts.  So I would say before the final match make sure all your whistles are placed on one or both of the teams playing.

That was my thinking -- thank you, Lylu!

• dwils50 (US1)dwils50 (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    i love American football. I keep up with world soccer, because 4 of my 7 grandsons love soccer...especially Ronalda

@WascallyWabbit I have a whistle question, too.  Something was mentioned along the lines that whistles donated after the match starts don't count.  If that's the case, during the final match we should stop donations, correct?
    As soon the game(in real) starts, we are not able to donate whistles to the teams and it shows match in progress instead donating symbol.
    So don't forget to donate the whistles for an match. 
    As soon the game(in real) starts, we are not able to donate whistles to the teams and it shows match in progress instead donating symbol.
    So don't forget to donate the whistles for an match. 
    Thanks!!
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    I have had a long break from this game - too many different events starting and not working made me give up - but thought I would visit the forum and see what has been happening during my absence.  Yet another new event (that was really needed lol) and from reading a few pages of this long thread I understand that a part of the event needs edge plants.  These were causing problems when I left, so it would seem as if that part of the game hasn't been fixed yet.  Think I will revisit the forum in another 6 months to see if there is any improvement made.  Have fun (?) FARMERS.   
    I have had a long break from this game - too many different events starting and not working made me give up - but thought I would visit the forum and see what has been happening during my absence.  Yet another new event (that was really needed lol) and from reading a few pages of this long thread I understand that a part of the event needs edge plants.  These were causing problems when I left, so it would seem as if that part of the game hasn't been fixed yet.  Think I will revisit the forum in another 6 months to see if there is any improvement made.  Have fun (?) FARMERS.   
    It's probably going to take 6 years or double that to get GGS to fix this game.  The new event doesn't require edge plants but the coops still need them for the jetty boat and can't get them.  The only thing this new event needs is stadium turf which you just sell to make money because there is no use for it after the event ends.  I agree too many things not working here.
  • Russia won yesterday. I didn't get the rewards points for Russian team. And today France won 2-1. I placed points on both teams France and Australia. But I only got the rewards points for 1-1. It means rewards point x 1 for France and x 1 for Australia. I should have received x 2 for France not x 1. Could you please look into this for me. Thanks
    About not geting points for whistles: I put down some whistles on Spain, Portugal, France and Argentina.
    Got ones for Spaian, Portugal (thank you guys ;), a real win-win situation here :)  ) and France, but the popup did not show after Argentinas match finished and it seamds that I did not get the price either (not 100% sure as I did not follow the number items, but my ranking did not change and no activity reward won either and I have around 22000 whistles bet put on Argentina. ). Did anyone else had similar problems with Argentina or any other team apart Russians?
    I cant see anything from the whistle window as all teams are showing zero goals (even the ones I got price for).
    @aaabbb1 (INT1)  You should have got 66,000 Trophies & 309 footballs, so depending on how far along you are  with hardwork rewards, 309 balls may not have taken you to the next one & should be able to tell on the rankings list if 66,000 trophies should have made a significant change to your rank. If you got the pop-up for the game, that is a good sign - there is a minor display error, that the team are aware of, where the pop-up can show 0, but as garybaldy says, after relog the rewards get credited - I will ask the techs tomorrow to make sure that you did get the rewards for that match, hopefully it is something that is easy for them to check.

I donated whistles for the national team of Croatia, and I needed to get trophies for two goals scored. But the message on the screen writes 0 trophies, although it says it has been successfully done.
      Error?

I really liked the football fever, I must commend the new event. I do not follow football, and now I know when and who will play. :D
    It is interesting, and I would like to have more similar events ..
    ( I speak English badly, I'm sorry)
    @olja05 (INT1)  It sounds like you got the display error that I mentioned above, I will also try to get your trophies checked for that game.

@bdreish (GB1) Welcome back! Yes, another new event, though this one does appear to be a lot more popular than other recent ones :)  Edge plants are not involved in the event at all & there is still an issue with them, in that humus has no effect, the display says it works, but when you harvest you get the regular amount of edge plants. As for the event, you get "coaching kits" dropped with everything that you harvest, which comprise of whistles, trophies & footballs - The opening page of the event dialogue says what each of those items does and aside from deciding which teams to give your whistles too, that is all there is to it. :)
This discussion has been closed.