Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update June 14th - Do you feel the Football Fever? - Discussion

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    @Artmaker (GB1)  Soooo, agree that an opt-out button for all events would be lovely. Also agree with the pop ups. I was hoping the side notifications like they developed for the WWC would be used for all things from that point forward, but apparently not.

• Well, my soccer event is buggy...the last page still shows the first match and the timer hasn't changed....some have the same problem and some don't.....AU co-op is the same also.

I'm not getting anything anymore in the way of rewards that I can tell    :'( 

Just thought I'd let you know...I was enjoying the event some...but you need to downsize the soccer balls, please.

• Frog Princess (AU1)Frog Princess (AU1) AU1 Posts: 38
    edited 15.06.2018
    And to think that I started playing this game to grow corn & harvest apples. Little did I know that I would be deep sea fishing, rescuing goldfish, playing SNAP, breeding & racing horses, making candy, spinning the wheel of fortune & now we are placing bets & gambling........silly me for not initially grasping what farming was really about......LOL

For the record......this soccer thing is even sillier than I. Thank goodness it is optional & not something that will hurt my coop if I do not indulge. Being American, I know very little about soccer & find the sport boring......just like this event......but then Big Farm is a worldwide game & sometimes I need to remind myself of that fact.

I am happy to see that some are enjoying the event. Play on........& good luck :)
    Post edited by Frog Princess (AU1) on
  • @Artmaker (GB1)I assume that there is something you like about BF or you wouldn`t still be playing it, but from reading your posts, it would be hard to spot what exactly that is, you moan about lag then post about how you refuse to update your browser, you moan about not knowing how to play events, while at the same time saying you can`t be bothered to read to read the instructions, I have seen you ask other players for help & tell them not to post a long answer, because you won`t read it & yet we get to read your epic-ally long posts just to discover they say just the same as all the previous ones & even when they make a video, so you don`t have to read anything, you find something wrong with that too.  But now you have progressed to being rude to the rest of the world, despite your GB1 tag, I assume you are American, well sorry to burst your bubble, but the universe does not revolve solely around you, the FOOTBALL world cup is run by FIFA  not FISA, because it is for association football not association soccer, we all know you have a game called American football, but for the rest of the world we play football & call it football & of course they don`t use their hands, because its football not handball, they use their feet (the clue is in the name). If we wanted to pick up the ball and run around with it, we would play rubgy, which has a lot more in common with american football than football does (just without all the body armour). Australia has Australian football, but I don`t see players from AU1 coming on here being as rude as you. Sorry you don`t like the event, just don`t play it then, you don`t need to be so insulting about it. :(
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246

I'm not a big fan of NFL - but a tremendous fan of soccer - or as we call here - Fodbold = football.  B)

No other sports gives me pleasure & sorrows like Fodbold - many players are pure artists in handling the ball - with their feet, - I'm willing to travel to see, one of my teams play. (I have a danish, I have a english and I have a spanish team-who I follow when I can - and for sure always on tv.)
    And the worldcup is a feast :)

BUT: I have always wondered, why American Football, was called anything with the word football involved - when I think it should have been called Handball..
    Then again Handball is a sport already..., at least since late 1800's
    All I see, is heavy people pushing eachother around, and way too tight pants for grown up men (eek) - you wanna fight okay- but not on my TV (which is a little lie, since my man like it, and we have been hosting Superbowl several times for friends with similar interest) :)

So I did some reading :)

- we go as long back as the chinese 2000 years ago stuffing balls with hair, playing them.

Mongols, used eneymy heads indstead of balls, after carnivals or raids.

In the 16th century the italians had football tournaments - ours alike, but not as formalized as the brits managed to do in 1863. where The International Football Association Board was formed (now known as FA)

- at that time they hosted 2 games:  Football and Rugby (
    called Soccer and Rugby was called Rugger instead of the long official name of the association)  - but as the games evolved they needed to split up, into two associations.
    Over years the brits stopped calling it soccer (as far as I know, it's not even in their dictionary any longer),
    - since that was just short for association football, but when the american soldiers came back home from europe  they brought this word - and that's why you use it a lot - and  europeans only when in company with americans :smile:

From Wiki:
    American football evolved in the United States, originating from the sports of association football (known in the U.S. as soccer) and rugby football. The first match of American football was played on November 6, 1869

So this is why american football is called football even if it has little to do with real football   
    Put on the 'yes-hat' and give your self a chance to watch some fantastic matches along the way :wink:

-didah
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    Like a lot of players, I don't know much about soccer, or really care about it. Just going with the flow in the event and seeing what happens. Maybe pick up some goodies along the way.  ;)
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    This Fooball Event is FUN ..... exciting it is .... and well arranged by GGS. The unforseen outcomes of the matches makes it more interesting ... 

A well thought IDEA ..... also coz World Cup comes in just once in 4 years.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    RunsWivScissors (GB1)

If you have to attack me personally then send me a message personally.  This hardly belongs in the forums.
    Your right about one thing.  Over all I like this game or I wouldn't be on it as long as I have.
    However I have every right, as does everyone else, to voice an opinion when I don't like something.
    GG hardly needs praise when they got it right.  If something is popular, people, (me included) are happy to just play and not come to the forums at all.
    It's when new stuff shows up and the ONLY way to figure it out is here, or when something is broken, again better to find out here (support is all but useless.) 
    So you may see mostly griping from me.  So sorry to ruin your day.  Get over it.  I see griping about this event from lots of people.  What's your beef with me?

I still think SPORTS has absolutely ZERO TO DO WITH A FARM GAME!
    Already there are posts (in other threads) from other people who are also not sports fans.

Bottom line, when GG launches something I hate, and this one has locked up my farms several times now all while trying to do the CC thing.   It's time to walk away.   Some things like the coop village I can just ignore. But this one keeps tossing up garbage all over the place.  How does harvesting corn produce balls and whistles?   It's just stupid.
    Logging off.... out to my garden. NO ONE moving a ball back and forth there either. (Sports is such a total waste of energy.  And yet people say "why are we exploring space when people are starving on Earth? Makes me crazy.  How much is spent moving a ball back and forth in assorted courts, fields, stadiums, rinks etc etc etc etc...... Paying adults insane amounts of money to play a game.  Not to mention all the garbage to buy with "your team" name on it.  The whole industry is stupid.) 

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    This new event would be a nice refreshing change, but your timing was all wrong. 

Strike 1: You started it during a CC when most of us are holding our buildings for missions. Perhaps if you didn't run a CC every single week we would all have a fare chance in this event. 
    I know what you are all gonna say... You don't have to participate, but when you have a mixed group of members you show your support and participate.

Strike 2: You want us to plant a new crop to better our chances when all our farms are busy planting edge plants just to keep up with the jetty repairs. Perhaps if you'd fix the humus to work again with edge plants we would all have a fare chance at this event.

I must say I am so discouraged these days. I just don't understand it. Why are you spending all this time adding new events and changing things that aren't broken but you will not fix what is broken. This game has turned into one big bug infested PvP game and I don't like it.

You keep adding more and more events that are gendered to player versus player and meantime the bugs keep piling up with no fixes in sight. This game used to be fun, a place where we could log on and work to build up our farms to something we could be proud of and enjoy. Now we have no time or money to work on our farms because it's one PvP event after another.

If you think PvP is where the money is at, you are wrong. I used to spend money to buy gold all the time to upgrade my farms and to get things I felt that I just had to have, "keeping with the Jones'" I'm sure many others did the same. Now it's too frustrating to try and do anything. 

If you want to keep all these competition events in the game make a PvP server and let all the hard core cooperatives move over there to battle it out and leave the rest of us alone to build our farms. Below you will find a clip of what the info says when you search for goodgame big farm, or did you forget

• It should be against the rules to flag a comment that is full of truths........... I have been on the other side of your rudeness in the past. I am sure you have no recollection but no worries. Flag away.........
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    It should be against the rules to flag a comment that is full of truths........... I have been on the other side of your rudeness in the past. I am sure you have no recollection but no worries. Flag away.........
    Or just do what I did a long time ago..

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/profile/ignore

:)

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    So the last match Portugal and Spain just finished, is that it for the day?  I guess I am liking this a little bit even though I am not a sports fanatic, lol.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 15.06.2018
    So the last match Portugal and Spain just finished, is that it for the day?  I guess I am liking this a little bit even though I am not a sports fanatic, lol.
    Yup, games are done for today.  Next game is tomorrow at 6AM Eastern / 1PM CEST

(France / Australia. France is the 4-to-1 favorite to win).
    Yup, games are done for today.  Next game is tomorrow at 6AM Eastern / 1PM CEST
    Goody!  Thanks Southern
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Overall, I am enjoying  this event, since I don't have to actually watch the matches (not a fan of either type of football).  I do wish that the CC had not been scheduled at the beginning of it, however.
    Cli (AU1) said:
    So, does anyone know how I can get more of the super turf seeds or the fast growing turf seeds?
    Gold.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    You can only win them as HW prizes.  Spending gold on turf advances the booster also.
    You can only win them as HW prizes.  Spending gold on turf advances the booster also.
    You're right. I should have mentioned that you can win them as prizes. However, at any time, you can also buy the seeds with gold from  the plant menu.
  • aussie_mark (AU1)aussie_mark (AU1) Posts: 211
    edited 16.06.2018
    Cli (AU1) said:
    So, does anyone know how I can get more of the super turf seeds or the fast growing turf seeds?
    Gold.

Classic!! The answer comes straight out of the captain obvious handbook, after all, this is Good Grief  Systems, and the answer is nearly always Gold. Also the Gold button is right there when you go to plant.

I can only guess they meant non Gold way to get seeds

Mark
    Post edited by aussie_mark (AU1) on
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    RunsWivScissors (GB1)

I still think SPORTS has absolutely ZERO TO DO WITH A FARM GAME!
    Already there are posts (in other threads) from other people who are also not sports fans.

Bottom line, when GG launches something I hate, and this one has locked up my farms several times now all while trying to do the CC thing.   It's time to walk away.   Some things like the coop village I can just ignore. But this one keeps tossing up garbage all over the place.  How does harvesting corn produce balls and whistles?   It's just stupid.
    Logging off.... out to my garden. NO ONE moving a ball back and forth there either. (Sports is such a total waste of energy.  And yet people say "why are we exploring space when people are starving on Earth? Makes me crazy.  How much is spent moving a ball back and forth in assorted courts, fields, stadiums, rinks etc etc etc etc...... Paying adults insane amounts of money to play a game.  Not to mention all the garbage to buy with "your team" name on it.  The whole industry is stupid.) 

I agree with you when you say sport has nothing to do with farming but don't understand why you say space exploration is a waste of time? Wouldn't it make sense to see potential threats coming from space (asteroids) months even years in advance to give the human race a chance to defend itself? Starving will be the least of our worries then, not to mention the climate is changing so more bad things could potentially happen in the future....its better to be prepared or is the earth flat? Don't get me started on those people!

Back on topic, after the initial negativity (the server crashes and the first frustrating bug riddled hour or two) i'm pleasantly surprised by this event. I have 0 interest in soccer, i've seen more manly acts in a game of netball to be honest but being able to obtain a few extra rewards on a fluke bet isn't a bad thing. I hope the turf seeds is the start of something else......maybe more variety in things we can grow, eg tomato pumpkin carrot watermelon....it is a farming game after all right? This is a good event so thank you GGS
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 16.06.2018
    .Hi Guys,

We have some answers to various questions on this thread, I hope we didn`t miss any:

1. When storage is full of grass, do we just sell it, there is no other use for it, right? - Yes, no other use for it except dollars
    2. When you win trophies & balls from goals scored, are they affected by your current bonus? - The booster does not affect the rewards gained after matches, only from other sources
    3. Is the error with planting event turf seeds due to a display error in the number of seeds that you have? - Yes, some seeds are being credited more than once, the duplicates disappear on relog or give errors if you try to use them (being investigated).
    4. The dialogue says be careful not to donate whistles to inactive teams, will inactive teams be greyed-out? - Yes, inactive teams will not be available once they are eliminated from the tournament.
    5. Some people did not did not get a result pop-up for yesterdays match or their rewards - See Announcement
    6. Is the pop-up the only place that will show a match result, as we have a question asking if its up to players to search the web to find out match results - We will pass this feedback on. It's really inconvenient
    7. We have a complaint about the whistles being dirty grey like the milk churns, can you make them shiny silver please - Hahaha, I'll pass on the feedback but it's doubtful. CM_Keledar: We ran out of cleaning supplies :(  (That must be those low resources again :p )

Thanks for all your feedback about the event so far, we are passing it all on. With regard to the event not being related to farming, isn`t that true of most events, such as Valentine's day, other holidays, UFOs etc? The fact that you need to use your farms to win the rewards, makes it farm related, but it is good to see that even though some of you are not fans of football, you are still having some fun with the event. :)

The excessive number of pellets flying around, has already been addressed & we are also asking about the reward pop-ups, after all they got us to vote & we said we wanted them like the WWC on all future events & yet we have not seen any like that one since then. :/
    edited 16.06.2018

Thanks for the update.  Could you let them know the timers are off in DSF and the FF?  I can have everything ready to go with no green light.  Or, I can have soap ready in 2 minutes but the distillery that doesn't finish for 25 minutes is what shows instead.  It is everywhere on these farms.  DSF, I can have a boat ready to come in around 2 minutes and it shows the one coming in at 6 hours away.  I can also have boats sitting at the dock ready to unload and the timer doesn't show green.  Most often what occurs is the boat I just sent out with 13 hours before return will show as next but I have 5 boats ready to come in within minutes.  Exiting to another farm does not fix this problem.  Thanks, Suzy!

Update to add screen print of issue.  The timer on FF says the Olive Oil will be finished around 15 minutes, but I clearly have soap and gardens ready to go.  Kind of hard to keep up when the timer isn't working properly.

Olive oil still coming in.  Clearing cache, cookies etc does not fix it.  Logging out and back in doesn't fix it.  Once in a while it catches up with itself.  But it is also intermittent in other farms too.

Next screen shot, timer said soap was next, as you can see I had mermaid bay and turf grass to collect.  I collected both and replanted turf grass, the timer now says turf grass is next.  Yet the soap is next.  So, as you can see this is an ongoing problem and has been for quite a while now.

And one more thing if I may?  Thanks so much for the update, but yes, many of us don't like the "non farm" related activities.  We could use things that really are farm related and not just have use of our farms to do the non related events.  Other farm animals, more crops, etc.  There are so many farm related activities which could be added to the game for us.
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Are there not going to be any Coop Championship Wheels of Fortune?
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Probably sidestepping this conversation, but what do we do with stadion gras, I have maxed out and get surplus now. Is the only alternativ to sell it?

heh and I agree, football is not (!) my cup of tea at all. This game has been my rescue when hubby is glued to the TV watching the ball and players run from one end to the other. I am not amused by this event at all.

Cheers :smile:
    Probably sidestepping this conversation, but what do we do with stadion gras, I have maxed out and get surplus now. Is the only alternativ to sell it?

heh and I agree, football is not (!) my cup of tea at all. This game has been my rescue when hubby is glued to the TV watching the ball and players run from one end to the other. I am not amused by this event at all.

Cheers :smile:
    Sell it and make lots of money, there are no plans for it in the future! 
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Thank you :smile:

• Thanks for the update.  Could you let them know the timers are off in DSF and the FF?  I can have everything ready to go with no green light.  Or, I can have soap ready in 2 minutes but the distillery that doesn't finish for 25 minutes is what shows instead.  It is everywhere on these farms.  DSF, I can have a boat ready to come in around 2 minutes and it shows the one coming in at 6 hours away.  I can also have boats sitting at the dock ready to unload and the timer doesn't show green.  Most often what occurs is the boat I just sent out with 13 hours before return will show as next but I have 5 boats ready to come in within minutes.  Exiting to another farm does not fix this problem.  Thanks, Suzy!

Update to add screen print of issue.  The timer on FF says the Olive Oil will be finished around 15 minutes, but I clearly have soap and gardens ready to go.  Kind of hard to keep up when the timer isn't working properly.

Olive oil still coming in.  Clearing cache, cookies etc does not fix it.  Logging out and back in doesn't fix it.  Once in a while it catches up with itself.  But it is also intermittent in other farms too.

Next screen shot, timer said soap was next, as you can see I had mermaid bay and turf grass to collect.  I collected both and replanted turf grass, the timer now says turf grass is next.  Yet the soap is next.  So, as you can see this is an ongoing problem and has been for quite a while now.

And one more thing if I may?  Thanks so much for the update, but yes, many of us don't like the "non farm" related activities.  We could use things that really are farm related and not just have use of our farms to do the non related events.  Other farm animals, more crops, etc.  There are so many farm related activities which could be added to the game for us.

The timers are an on going issue. If you look back through the forum you can see they have been problematic for more than 2 years.

The problems I've encounter at the timers get stuck, normally a few seconds before the finish or they fail to register that there are products that are growing or they show the green tick but but when you go there, they are not ready (normally 1 to 10 minutes still to go)

It seems to be a very low priority problem to be fixed.

Mark
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Dose any one cross 100% booster yet the rewards are not going to be collected until some one goes beyond this I think that way what about u
    Thanks @aussie_mark (AU1) .  A  lot of what you posted I also experience.

Ah well, here I go again.  I just cannot take this month long event. I am calling it quits when I finish out a few things and however many each team has of whistles is all they are getting.  I have life beyond this game.  Have fun everyone and I am sure my rank three will be in the low 100's when all is said and done, lol.  I just can't sit here and collect over and over again just to be in the top ranks.  Big Farm competitions take too much time to fulfill, and I have had my fill, lol.  Suzy!
This discussion has been closed.