Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update June 14th - Do you feel the Football Fever? - Discussion

Comments

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 14.06.2018
    I'm confused. Are we picking a winner for each match or an over all winner for the whole event?
    @jwllmsjnb (US1) When you donate whistles to a team you get back trophies & footballs when they score a goal, depending on how many whistles you donate. For example, today Russia plays Saudi Arabia, if you look at the donation panel for Russia it says:

1 whistle = 4 trophies
    51 whistles = 1 football

So, if you donate 1000 whistles to Russia & they score 1 goal you will receive 4000 trophies and  20 footballs. You can donate as many whistles as you want to & you can donate to both teams if you wish.
    Does the booster percentage apply to the 4000 trophies in your scenario above?
    @gavinfarms (US1)

I don't think so, Gavin.

4 trophies per whistle & 26,251 whistles is a straight 105,004 trophies x 5 goals = 525,020 trophies total. 

26,251 whistles at 51 whistles per soccer ball (:p) = 514 soccer balls x 5 goals = a straight 2,570 balls.

I'm current rockin' a 29% bonus, and that wasn't applied to my win, so it doesn't appear that the bonus affects the items won from the matches, only from harvests.

• IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    edited 14.06.2018
    Does anyone know what we do with the grass once the barn is full. Do we just sell it? Is there something other than as a booster for the football field? Do we simply collect the grass then sell the overage?

Does anyone know what we do with the grass once the barn is full. Do we just sell it? Is there something other than as a booster for the football field? Do we simply collect the grass then sell the overage?

As far as I can tell, there's no use for it, so I've just been selling the excess.. I'm keeping 10,000 in storage though, "just in case" they have a use for it at some point during the event. :)
    so, does the turf bonus actually work?  I've been planting turf all morning, it sells pretty well.... my bonus is up to 38% now

which seems to mean I get the same 40 balls and trophies from each harvest of turf that I got when I planted my first field.

or am I confused and the bonus applies to something else?
    I'm only getting 37 (or 75) per field, so it seems your 38% beats my 29%. :)
  • So yesterday I had my doubts about this and voiced them.  Now that it is up and running I will amend that.
    The instructions are well written and more clear than usual.  Not really a betting game, you can use some strategy even if you know nothing about football/Soccer.  So far a thumbs up!

• Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    In the announcement they talked about pellets but I see no mention of pellets in the tutorial or in the game. Am I missing something?
    Just as an FWIW:

Looks like the event will end on

Monday, July 16, 2018 at 10:00:00 am EST (4:00PM CEST).

That's when the timer on the special "Stadium Turf" seeds is set to expire (+762 hours from now).

Which would make sense, since the final game of the WC is Sunday, July 15th. :)

In the announcement they talked about pellets but I see no mention of pellets in the tutorial or in the game. Am I missing something?
    @Big Beck (US1)

Probably either a copy/paste error or a translation error. Just substitute "Whistle" for "Pellet". :)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 14.06.2018
    That's their generic term for items dropped in these types of events.

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Why not just stick your Whistles on the favourites, those with the shortest odds. Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France
    What does shortest odds mean?  I am not a sports fan at all, lol.  Little league with my boys when they were younger and that was it, lol.
  • aussie_mark (AU1)aussie_mark (AU1) Posts: 211
    edited 15.06.2018
    So I am a bit confused.  You still haven't fixed the fact that you took away the double experience hours many of us spent tokens on to earn, and you still haven't fixed the fact we don't get a boost on our edge crops by using humus or charms, but you were able to create a brand new feature?????  It has been WEEKS and I still don't have my over 720 double experience hours back and absolutely no communication from you on why I don't have them.  You put out an announcement on this new and "fun" feature, but no announcement on why these big glitches haven't been fixed???

New "fun" features are announced, These are revenue raisers, so of course they are keen to get them up and running, We even have events running concurrently in order to drive the revenue stream as hard as they can.

Problems with the game. These are expenses, so we are told they have "low resources" and the bugs and issues like the double xp point removal, edge crop bonus will all have to wait. If you were to ask about the issue, the response you can expect is something like "We'll inform you when we know something". 

Its all part of the "take it or leave it" style of game play that has been developed. 

Mark
    Post edited by aussie_mark (AU1) on
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Why not just stick your Whistles on the favourites, those with the shortest odds. Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France
    What does shortest odds mean?  I am not a sports fan at all, lol.  Little league with my boys when they were younger and that was it, lol.
    If you look at those teams in the event you will see. Short odds are not very good, poor return for your investment but very likely to pay out, hence the favourites
    Cli (AU1) said:
    Do we just sell the harvested turf?
    That is my question too.  What do we do with the harvested turf?  I notice that it is useless in the mills, bakery, or flower shop.  I can't even use the nurseries to generate special turf.  Can't feed it to the cows either or the pigs, goats (and goats eat anything) or donkeys.  What do we do with it?
    It's just there for farm cash, at least for now.  Maybe they'll come up with a use for it later, but I kinda doubt it.
    edited 15.06.2018
    If you look at those teams in the event you will see. Short odds are not very good, poor return for your investment but very likely to pay out, hence the favourites
    Thanks Uncle John!

Looking at those rewards I don't see any reason to do anymore than usual on the game.  I really looked at each one this time instead of just quickly moving through them.  You know they could have done better than this.  Mostly I see coop collectibles, but not much else in the way of good stuff.  That stuff I'd want is so far out there I can't imagine even getting that many trophy's to attain them.

Edit:   Two consecutive threads by the same poster merged   ||  Rowdy
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
    Those Turf Grass sell for alot of cash but your storage is for 10,000 of them, it makes me wonder what the plans are in the future for that grass?
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    I am having planting problems with the special turf seeds.  My inventory shows I have 3 bags of the fast growing seeds and when I try to plant one on my field, I get an error message.  This surely must be a bug and I am not speaking of the cute little blue ones that fly out of stables.  Can someone look into this please?  Thank you.

its a bug i think. In real we got only 3 seeds of each, but it was showing 6 instead of 3. that's why it is coming.
    reload the tab, it will be removed and show gold option there. :)
    Has anyone else noticed the soccer ball on the Turf Fields after you plant seeds?  Another cute part of this event.

Has anyone else noticed the soccer ball on the Turf Fields after you plant seeds?  Another cute part of this event.

noticed when the event started.
    it gives wonderful look to the fields even.
    And the way they look when finished too!  Looks great.

LOL, why GGS put those noob pigs everywhere? :D:D:D
  •  LOL, why GGS put those noob pigs everywhere? :D:D:D
    Gotta make the pigs useful somewhere. Hardly needed elsewhere in the game.
  • ohhyaa (US1)ohhyaa (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    I don't care much for soccer, so I will just collect the hard work event stuff and distribute whistles evenly among all teams.  
  • William Robert (US1)William Robert (US1) US1 Posts: 367
    edited 15.06.2018
    @WascallyWabbit

Any word if there will be a Worldwide Championship started July 1st with this month long soccer event running?

The user side is already turning to sludge after 20 minutes of play, and that is without themed event icons. WWC running at the same time will make it more like cement.

Also, why can't these new events have the good version of reward notifications that the WWC has? I thought it was going to be added to existing and new events. I hate all the windows popping up.

One last gripe... Where did Golden Omar go? I miss him with the memory game that people buy millions of Reputation points through during the Coop Championship.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I have been dabbling a bit, and could have really enjoyed it except for everything else that's going on. Like walking into an electronics store where a dozen different songs are blasting from every corner -- can't really enjoy any particular one, and you end up leaving because of all the racket.
    LOL, I thought the same thing, lol.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

I have yet to check the event in more detail, not paying attention to bugs if any (yet): I love it, first of its kind, interacting with real life events

Positively surprised :smile:  

• Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    How much the maximum booster performance we could get for this event?
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    The 2026 world cup will be jointly hosted by Mexico USA and Canada. So maybe you will hear more about it in the next 8 years.
    Maybe, anyhow I wish to thank the Game Team for the 2018 Cow I just got , even though I am not doing this Event, I will hopefully be able to place it on the New Farm if we ever get it that is, as I am still waiting for it to show up, :)
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253

I know what you mean, I am more into Movies and Music, so I am also not a Sports fan, I watch skating once in a while on My computer cause I do not have a TV, that's bout it, :)
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    @artmaker  "wimpier?" ... more rough and tumble, in my honest opinion. Plus, we get to see all those lovely guys in shorts and not all armored up like transformers. More finesse required, too.

The thing I do like about this event is no real participation required -- just farm as usual and you get some goodies. So, if you want to coast like me, it's a no brainer.

My one complaint is that they didn't make the whistles all silver and shiny like the milk cans -- just dull charcoal grey. 
    Well I probably shouldn't have stuck "wimpier" in there.  I know it's a sport like all the others.  However, men dancing around in shorts who all by the goalie can't even touch the ball with their hands just looks wimpy to me.
    Compared to a few 350lb linebackers hell bent on stopping each other or catching up with who has the ball and throwing the opponent to the ground MUCH tougher.  No shorts, but lots of "tight ends."  lol.
    Still... I only watch THAT football with my husband.  And only when our team is playing.  (Last few years the bears have been hibernating so the season of football was a short one.)

Back to THIS game.... I left on page 6 and already I see lots of confusion posts, screen shots with question marks, see? Too much thrown at us in this once, that doesn't work or lacks instructions to this simple game of balance and growth.   Never was this put on the test server, and no not to test for bugs, you can do that in house (wish you would start soon.)  But test on real people and get a feel for how well liked or DISliked something will be.

Better still, if an event IS disliked, please give the players a way to click one button and make it go away.
    Gees even the welcome screen has to have this STUPID sports field on it?  Sure lots of people are sports fans.
    Lots are NOT.  To me it's just men playing with their balls.  KIDS play sports.  I played sports.  Then I grew up.

Seriously.  The free stuff just for playing is one thing but prizes popping up in the middle of the screen almost non stop makes actually farming a royal pain.  This is already a huge click fest.  I lost count yesterday how many times I'd try to harvest one thing only to have all the junk from previous stuff flying around, missing my click, then a "you won..." thing pops up, again missed my click.   I usually play twice a day.  Skipped this completely last night.   Probably will be skipping it more until this dumb "sports season" IS OVER.
    At least this rolled out in spring.  Lots more to do than sit on the computer.  So no biggie. 
This discussion has been closed.