Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Update June 14th - Do you feel the Football Fever? - Discussion

Comments

• Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 3,779
    edited 14.06.2018
    For those who do follow Sports or do wish to do this Event, I wish you all good luck , :)
    P.S. I do not have a TV so I would not be able to watch any of the matches anyway to be able to vote for them, I got other stuff I am working on anyway so I will just keep busy with those, :)

• jwllmsjnb (US1)jwllmsjnb (US1) US1 Posts: 406
    I'm confused. Are we picking a winner for each match or an over all winner for the whole event?

“Every successful individual knows that his or her achievement depends on a community of persons working together.” – Paul Ryan
    Thanks to @farmerjohn 22 (US1)
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i think we get points for each goal that team scores so not necessarily picking the winner so i donated to both teams so i should get some points from both if they both score goals or at least that is how i read it
    ijrosh @ us 1
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    "be sure to only donate to teams still active" -- how do we know which teams are still active? Is this info in-game? If a team is no longer active, is it greyed out? 

Anybody know?
    I know this is just going to *thrill* you.

The schedule is at FIFA WORLD CUP SCHEDULE

According to the event information, no, they probably won't be greyed out in game, because it has this warning:

"The whistles you donate will remain with the team until the end of the event, so be sure to only donate whistles to teams still active in the competition!"

Success Team is an active, friendly co-op looking for daily adult players. Click here if interested or apply in game today! :)
  • Qat (US1)Qat (US1) US1 Posts: 46
    LOL, of course we are gamblers. All farmers are. They gamble that the rain comes when the crops need it, they gamble the rain doesn't come to hard and they gamble that it isn't always raining. 
  • FarmerCli (US1)FarmerCli (US1) US1 Posts: 2,471
    I am having planting problems with the special turf seeds.  My inventory shows I have 3 bags of the fast growing seeds and when I try to plant one on my field, I get an error message.  This surely must be a bug and I am not speaking of the cute little blue ones that fly out of stables.  Can someone look into this please?  Thank you.

Compliments of farmerjohn22 (US1)

• RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    Do we just sell the harvested turf?
    LunaPic Edit
  • I bet 7k on russia and 5k on Saudi and i got 28k and 1.5L. What about 5 goals?
    @WascallyWabbit

• Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    The worst scenario in this event is if both of team you donated meet each other and score no goals.
    Surya54 @ WWW 1

Keep it up!
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    The worst scenario in this event is if both of team you donated meet each other and score no goals.
    Yeah, but that won't matter until June 30th, because all the teams get to play 3 games each (called "Group Play"), regardless of wins or losses - so even if they tie in their 1st match, they'll still play 2 more matches, and we'll have another chance to get points from those whistles in the other 2 matches.

After June 30th, there are no ties.  If the match ends in a tie during the initial 90 minutes, they add another 30 minutes.  If the score is still tied after that, each team will take 5 "penalty type" kicks at the other teams goal - whoever scores the most points in those 5 kicks, wins.

Long story short, I wouldn't worry about it too much. :)

Success Team is an active, friendly co-op looking for daily adult players. Click here if interested or apply in game today! :)
  • Uncle John (AU1)Uncle John (AU1) AU1 Posts: 10,125
    Why not just stick your Whistles on the favourites, those with the shortest odds. Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I'm confused. Are we picking a winner for each match or an over all winner for the whole event?
    @jwllmsjnb (US1) When you donate whistles to a team you get back trophies & footballs when they score a goal, depending on how many whistles you donate. For example, today Russia plays Saudi Arabia, if you look at the donation panel for Russia it says:

1 whistle = 4 trophies
    51 whistles = 1 football

So, if you donate 1000 whistles to Russia & they score 1 goal you will receive 4000 trophies and  20 footballs. You can donate as many whistles as you want to & you can donate to both teams if you wish.
    Does the booster percentage apply to the 4000 trophies in your scenario above?
    gavinfarms @ us 1
  • jwllmsjnb (US1)jwllmsjnb (US1) US1 Posts: 406
    Thank You Wascally

“Every successful individual knows that his or her achievement depends on a community of persons working together.” – Paul Ryan
    Thanks to @farmerjohn 22 (US1)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,974
    I am having planting problems with the special turf seeds.  My inventory shows I have 3 bags of the fast growing seeds and when I try to plant one on my field, I get an error message.  This surely must be a bug and I am not speaking of the cute little blue ones that fly out of stables.  Can someone look into this please?  Thank you.

Myself and a couple of co op members have had this happen as well 

• rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    I have the same question.   If I sell 10,000 turf does it also disappear from the football stadium.  I am assuming it doesn't.

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,584
    I have the same question.   If I sell 10,000 turf does it also disappear from the football stadium.  I am assuming it doesn't.
    Same question here. If we sell it, does it affect the event?

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• anifromid (US1)anifromid (US1) US1 Posts: 103
    so, does the turf bonus actually work?  I've been planting turf all morning, it sells pretty well.... my bonus is up to 38% now

which seems to mean I get the same 40 balls and trophies from each harvest of turf that I got when I planted my first field.

or am I confused and the bonus applies to something else?
    anifromid @ us 1
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,584
    Why not just stick your Whistles on the favourites, those with the shortest odds. Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France
    My plan exactly!

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

This discussion has been closed.