Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update June 14th - Do you feel the Football Fever? - Discussion

Comments

• Hey All, 

The emails were sent too early...Oopsie! ......... You should all get your decos after the hotifix that is on its way :)
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 14.06.2018
    For those who do follow Sports or do wish to do this Event, I wish you all good luck , :)
    P.S. I do not have a TV so I would not be able to watch any of the matches anyway to be able to vote for them, I got other stuff I am working on anyway so I will just keep busy with those, :)
  • I am not in the least interested in an event for a game not even played in my home country, but regardless of that fact I would not be interested in a sports game anyway, who wants to watch others participate in games, my idea is to live my own life not watch others live theirs which is why I don't even have a TV.  I don't mind watching my nieces play their games of American Soccer, but they are kids not adult men playing with their assorted balls.

One of the biggest problems with all the events in this FARMING game is that you never know where you stand, numbers are hidden or flash so briefly that you can't figure out where you stand.  For example the candy palace, I want to know exactly where I stand not a bar graph that takes days to get past the last 32nd of an inch, the more candy I threw at it the slower it seemed to move, I want to know exactly how many more I need.  In hardworker events I want to know exactly how much product will give me exactly the time I want, I have seen graphs here with times and found them to be inaccurate, the results are frequently not the same twice in a row.
  • jwllmsjnb (US1)jwllmsjnb (US1) US1 Posts: 409
    I'm confused. Are we picking a winner for each match or an over all winner for the whole event?
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i think we get points for each goal that team scores so not necessarily picking the winner so i donated to both teams so i should get some points from both if they both score goals or at least that is how i read it
  • daisymae7 (US1)daisymae7 (US1) US1 Posts: 24
    So I am a bit confused.  You still haven't fixed the fact that you took away the double experience hours many of us spent tokens on to earn, and you still haven't fixed the fact we don't get a boost on our edge crops by using humus or charms, but you were able to create a brand new feature?????  It has been WEEKS and I still don't have my over 720 double experience hours back and absolutely no communication from you on why I don't have them.  You put out an announcement on this new and "fun" feature, but no announcement on why these big glitches haven't been fixed???
  • I'm confused. Are we picking a winner for each match or an over all winner for the whole event?
    @jwllmsjnb (US1) When you donate whistles to a team you get back trophies & footballs when they score a goal, depending on how many whistles you donate. For example, today Russia plays Saudi Arabia, if you look at the donation panel for Russia it says:

1 whistle = 4 trophies
    51 whistles = 1 football

So, if you donate 1000 whistles to Russia & they score 1 goal you will receive 4000 trophies and  20 footballs. You can donate as many whistles as you want to & you can donate to both teams if you wish.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    "be sure to only donate to teams still active" -- how do we know which teams are still active? Is this info in-game? If a team is no longer active, is it greyed out? 

Anybody know?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    "be sure to only donate to teams still active" -- how do we know which teams are still active? Is this info in-game? If a team is no longer active, is it greyed out? 

Anybody know?
    I know this is just going to *thrill* you.

The schedule is at FIFA WORLD CUP SCHEDULE

According to the event information, no, they probably won't be greyed out in game, because it has this warning:

"The whistles you donate will remain with the team until the end of the event, so be sure to only donate whistles to teams still active in the competition!"
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Well.... I know it's started.  First clue the game took twice as long to even load.
    Then every blasted thing I harvest triggers pop in your face junk.  Whistles, soccer balls....
    I DO NOT CARE AND HATE ALL THIS POP IN THE WAY GARBAGE!!!!!!!!

Then ok, every event throws junk up, snowballs, herbs, you name it.  So fine.   I go look at the event.
    And not one CLUE what I'm suppose to do here.  Not one.  AND it seems this is just another of those lets all compete against each other events. 
    I cannot say how much I hate those.   I miss the good old game of balance, upgrade, level up.. ON MY OWN TIME.   Not these pressure to score events.

And this runs for a MONTH?  Yuck.  I think I'll be spending much less time on the game for the next month.

FARMING game.  NOT SPORTS!  I could not care less about sports.  Men pushing balls back and forth does nothing for me at all.  Just let me farm my farm at my own pace.

And GG... (Mods please forward this bit.)
    Ya know the temp farms are easy to understand.  Your prompted what to do first.   Visit the farm.  Done here is your prize.  Plant XXX done here is your prize... Buy a house.  like that.  strategies can be figured out later.

But this?  (Also that world wide one, and the asia one, tops on my ignore list.)  HUGE menus with no clue what I as a player am suppose to do let alone why. 

Know what?  Harvest, fill any contracts, plant, and I'm OUT.  Keep your balls.

Hey how about some new graphics for the highest level upgrades to buildings huh?  Not this mess.
  • The 2026 world cup will be jointly hosted by Mexico USA and Canada. So maybe you will hear more about it in the next 8 years.

Anybody know?
    I know this is just going to *thrill* you.

The schedule is at FIFA WORLD CUP SCHEDULE

According to the event information, no, they probably won't be greyed out in game, because it has this warning:

"The whistles you donate will remain with the team until the end of the event, so be sure to only donate whistles to teams still active in the competition!"
    So, it's up to us to go online to another site to keep up with the scores of a sport we aren't necessarily familiar with or following to see what we're supposed to do in the game? Do, I have that right? *shaking head* LOL!

Why, GGS, can't you just grey out teams no longer active?

@Southern (US1) -- thanks!

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    can I bet on footballing cow, think it will be better player than the professionals 
  • eissol (NL1)eissol (NL1) NL1 Posts: 21
    Oke..

I must admit, it works perfectly. The  goals pro team shows right away in the footballtent. Good work. very accurate..

And now i was wondering:

Can you put the man who worked this out give the taske to give our double xp back. I,m sure it is a peace of cake for him !

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Watched the video.... honest, the only prizes I might be interested are the top ones which I know I'd NEVER come close to.
    All the other stuff?  NOT AT ALL interested in.   So really no reason to go on with this one.

Besides..... people.
    THIS is "foodball."  

This is much wimpier SOCCER!  Not at all what I consider football.

Not that it matters on a computer game ABOUT FARMING.
    (Well unless the famous Clydesdales are playing it.  lol. Now that might belong on a farm game.)
    Here... classic.   Enjoy farm football.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iITM4zPv460

@artmaker  "wimpier?" ... more rough and tumble, in my honest opinion. Plus, we get to see all those lovely guys in shorts and not all armored up like transformers. More finesse required, too.

The thing I do like about this event is no real participation required -- just farm as usual and you get some goodies. So, if you want to coast like me, it's a no brainer.

My one complaint is that they didn't make the whistles all silver and shiny like the milk cans -- just dull charcoal grey. 
  • Qat (US1)Qat (US1) US1 Posts: 46
    LOL, of course we are gamblers. All farmers are. They gamble that the rain comes when the crops need it, they gamble the rain doesn't come to hard and they gamble that it isn't always raining. 
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I am having planting problems with the special turf seeds.  My inventory shows I have 3 bags of the fast growing seeds and when I try to plant one on my field, I get an error message.  This surely must be a bug and I am not speaking of the cute little blue ones that fly out of stables.  Can someone look into this please?  Thank you.

• RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    Do we just sell the harvested turf?
  • I bet 7k on russia and 5k on Saudi and i got 28k and 1.5L. What about 5 goals?
    @WascallyWabbit

• Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    The worst scenario in this event is if both of team you donated meet each other and score no goals.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    The worst scenario in this event is if both of team you donated meet each other and score no goals.
    Yeah, but that won't matter until June 30th, because all the teams get to play 3 games each (called "Group Play"), regardless of wins or losses - so even if they tie in their 1st match, they'll still play 2 more matches, and we'll have another chance to get points from those whistles in the other 2 matches.

After June 30th, there are no ties.  If the match ends in a tie during the initial 90 minutes, they add another 30 minutes.  If the score is still tied after that, each team will take 5 "penalty type" kicks at the other teams goal - whoever scores the most points in those 5 kicks, wins.

Long story short, I wouldn't worry about it too much. :)
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Why not just stick your Whistles on the favourites, those with the shortest odds. Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I'm confused. Are we picking a winner for each match or an over all winner for the whole event?
    @jwllmsjnb (US1) When you donate whistles to a team you get back trophies & footballs when they score a goal, depending on how many whistles you donate. For example, today Russia plays Saudi Arabia, if you look at the donation panel for Russia it says:

1 whistle = 4 trophies
    51 whistles = 1 football

So, if you donate 1000 whistles to Russia & they score 1 goal you will receive 4000 trophies and  20 footballs. You can donate as many whistles as you want to & you can donate to both teams if you wish.
    Does the booster percentage apply to the 4000 trophies in your scenario above?
  • jwllmsjnb (US1)jwllmsjnb (US1) US1 Posts: 409
    Thank You Wascally

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I am having planting problems with the special turf seeds.  My inventory shows I have 3 bags of the fast growing seeds and when I try to plant one on my field, I get an error message.  This surely must be a bug and I am not speaking of the cute little blue ones that fly out of stables.  Can someone look into this please?  Thank you.

Myself and a couple of co op members have had this happen as well 
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    I have the same question.   If I sell 10,000 turf does it also disappear from the football stadium.  I am assuming it doesn't.
    I have the same question.   If I sell 10,000 turf does it also disappear from the football stadium.  I am assuming it doesn't.
    Same question here. If we sell it, does it affect the event?
  • anifromid (US1)anifromid (US1) US1 Posts: 103
    so, does the turf bonus actually work?  I've been planting turf all morning, it sells pretty well.... my bonus is up to 38% now

which seems to mean I get the same 40 balls and trophies from each harvest of turf that I got when I planted my first field.

or am I confused and the bonus applies to something else?
    Why not just stick your Whistles on the favourites, those with the shortest odds. Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France
    My plan exactly!
This discussion has been closed.