Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update June 14th - Do you feel the Football Fever? - Discussion

Comments

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I agree 100% with gavinfarms!  They make the CHWE, HWE, FHWE much harder with the higher required points and then suddenly they shorten the time by 12 hours??  How is this fair to the players if they do not reduce the amount of points needed when the time is shortened!

@WascallyWabbit Please express our concern for the shorter amount of time for the events. It was nearly impossible to get all 50 prizes before and now it is 12 hours worse.
    Also please let them know since this is an event based completely on time and points per second, we all need to leave the starting gate at the same time, we NEED a start time for any of the HWEs.
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    I didn't understand anything about this new event. :(:(
    Can someone explain me again please?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I didn't understand anything about this new event. :(:(
    Can someone explain me again please?
    ?? How can we explain some thing we have not seen or done yet? Have you read the other posts here?
    @WascallyWabbit has said a video is on it's way   https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3899566/#Comment_3899566
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Now if anyone noticed after yesterdays time the brackets of the chwe become more heave for example short time milk at lvl 9 gives me 8 sec each time but after yesterday down time it gives me 2 sec only they are putting pressure on the players same cade with dandelions at lvl 9 dandelions can be over 1 hour and 40 min but now 1 hour and 20 min it goes what's with this thing can any explain 
    I don't think so anyone
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    I'm sure there will be a few sports nuts who love this.  I'm NOT one of them.  Watching grown men play with their assorted balls and being paid insane amounts of money to do it really does nothing for me at all.  I enjoyed PLAYING ball.... not so much watching it.
    Though I will occasionally watch a football game with my husband.... (Da Bears.)  and that brings up another point.  AMERICAN FOOTBALL???? Or rugby? Soccer? NOT football.  Not at all the same.  Heck, no tight ends, no illegal penetration, no encroachment, no pulling of groins.... (lol... gotta wonder who came up with all those terms huh?)

Listen, THIS is usually what I do when hubby is glued to the TV watching football (or nascar, another useless waste of fuel and time.) 

Besides, anyone who has been playing this long enough knows that EVERY SINGLE TIME GG rolls out something new,
    A.  It WILL be buggy.  It WILL break.  It WILL have math errors that would make any first grade teacher cringe.

B.  It WILL be so complicated that no one understands what to do.
    I already caught the note about coming up with a "tutorial video."   SHEES that's your first clue.

Guys, if it NEEDS a tutorial video,   IT IS TOO COMPLICATED FOR THIS GAME!

And what about all the assorted bugs huh?   I'm sure we would ALL be willing to wait in order for you to fix them.
    What about things we have been waiting for FOR YEARS?    Gold lock for one.  YEARS.  
    Please.  It isn't going to happen at all is it?  Cause your whole team is busy coming up with more ways for people to spend money.  

I can pretty much promise, at least the first time out, I won't be investing much.  Of course something new... I'll look it over, see how it works, see what it's worth TO ME to play it, and more than likely?  The next time it rolls around, it will top my ignore list.
    For sure I don't want sports themed cow sheds or anything like that.
    But... I'm sure some will.    Go for it.

The mental imagery of "grown men playing with their assorted balls...." is too funny for words. That is exactly what has been happening lately. Thanks for the best laugh in months Artmaker.

Sadly, that is the only laugh.

GGS please throw this update in the trash can where it belongs, before the update, and fix the edge crops bug instead and  also give back the double experience points to those who you robbed of REAL MONEY.

• Borgia (SK1)Borgia (SK1) SK1 Posts: 455
    this company is getting riddiculously out of hands!!!! This trend is spreading out widely. I can observe it even in the company where i work(HCA)- the management is too greedy, so they will take too many clients, not hire enough staff to take care of them, and then wonder, why are emploees leaving.
    And the same scenario seems to apply for GGS. They got greedy, promissed to their shareholders big profits. And to do so, they have to rip it of players. While at the same time they have to save as much money as possible- so they save on staff. And people actualy making the game under great pressure make up nonsense like this. And this all while angry customers/clients(PLAYERS) complain about poor quality of game experience on so many levels/parts of the game!!!
    New players doesn't stick for very long, as soon as they realize, that GGS is as reliable as RMS Titanic.
    Old players refuse to accept the truth that this ship is going down, because they invested already so much money into it. Admitting so would shake with the faith in own decisions- I, for example, fed GGS hundreds of euro and to admit that it was wasted money is too painful to truly see. Like- i realize that it is stupid from me to put money on the limping horse, but i was hoping, that it will get better. So although i know that this is a sinking ship, i won't leave, because i already spend so much here(not just money, but hours and hours of my life when i could read a book, or finaly start watching TWD), that the only next step could be to admit how stupid i was, and that's too hard for now... But if it go in this direction even as big fool as me won't be able to keep my eyes closed for much longer...
    And what was this essay about? Why the hell is GGS making new content instead of fixing existing content???? Don't you have here more important things to do than implementing new things in the game, instead of fixing goddamn edge plants problem? or that experience-theft issue, or literaly ANYTHING that's itching players for long time already? but NOOOO management said so. and don't even try to start with "but it's a different team" bs. okay, then assign those workers to task that is NEEDED BY PLAYERS.
    i would call co-players to riot, but i can't because i would get a ban. so i will just NOT BUY A SINGLE COIN OF GOLD MYSELF until problems will be bearable(i lost all hope, that they would be ever solved all)...
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    I will play this football event if i like it but i wont spend gold on it.
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    This football event seems to be very interesting. I hope it don't come with any bug :)
    By the way, when this event is coming?
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    Like everything else - play it if you like it and don't if it is bugged or just plain silly.  But.... I would really like the edge plants fixed please.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    The Soccer World Cup? *yawn* Wake me when its over! This is a farming game....if I want to play soccer i'll get out the Playstation. Why release new events when the game is still broken, fix the bugs first!
  • Morgane (US1)Morgane (US1) US1 Posts: 83

Certainly explains why my last 2 Support Tickets were never addressed adequately. ("Sorry, can't do anything about it, send us screenshots if it happens again")

All the staff at GGS were busy programming a non farming related event into a farming game....I'll watch from the sidelines...Pun totally intended

• It's all about the money.  Fixing broken stuff will not make them cash .... putting out new content will, bugs or not. There are sitting there working on a new event while the edge crop problem has persisted for over a month and co-op's adventurer boats are sinking. 

I guess they do make more money bilking those willing to pay real money to compete with others for an intangible item that could disappear before they get it. (Big Farm being shutdown without notice)

I don't see it happening quite that way, but there is nothing to prevent it.

Fixing stuff takes a fraction of the time that creating content does, if you have competent employees.
  • momrulz (US1)momrulz (US1) Posts: 162
    edited 13.06.2018
    haven't heard from @CM_Hunter and his pain points for a while.....i thought you shipped him off.

Looking forward to another long-winded, irrational post from him :)

And meanwhile, you guys must be playing Ubisoft games???  The soccer (football) summer event is a long staple of theirs....out of fresh ideas???  just copy from other games,

and keep those pain points coming Hunter, who doesn't want pain in their game????
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 13.06.2018
    And of course the "Hot Fix"  I mean "Hot Break" to add this new event comes when there is less than 7 hours left of CHWE.  I am on apples at 11 PPS and ranked #12, you can bet my whole setup is gone, and the lineup too.  Say goodbye to another event because GGS just does not give a care in the world whether players are happy or not.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    A HUMONGOUS THANK YOU TO BIG FARM FOR POSTPONING THE UPDATE UNTIL TOMORROW "SO AS NOT TO DISRUPT THE CHWE"!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
  • I really only support my local FC (Which is USL anyways), even that is minimal at best. 
    I guess we can look forward to NFL themed stuff around the season too? 
    I mean, why not golf? It deals with greens - it's gotta be seeded too. 

I mean how ridiculous is this going to get? 

I want a hockey rink for the NHL too, don't forget Cricket!!

Really, get a grip GGS. 

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 13.06.2018
    Do you feel the Football Fever?
    Nope

If GG has limited employees available to program/develop/fix content, (as has been explained by CM and mods), why are they wasting their time on this rather than fixing serious problems from the last time they tried to develop new content?  Fixing the Booster theft and Edgeplant fiasco are infinitely more important than betting on soccer.
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    To be fair to GGS , this event must have been in planning and development  for a long time, probably a couple of years , so long before recent bugs turned up. They can't really postpone it either .
    Not really to my taste, but will give it a go if the rewards are worth it .
  • Before anything else - give players back the double XPs you stole!
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Since my fields, gardens and meadows are always tied up with edge crops now, it looks like I won't be participating in this event.
  • IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    I really only support my local FC (Which is USL anyways), even that is minimal at best. 

Really, get a grip GGS. 

What about curling, croquet, horseshoes (I have a bunch of horseshoes) could do that game, where does it end? At least horseshoes could be done on the horse farm. Why not build up the horse farm, there is an area with lumber sitting? What happened to the volcano island that is to be released this summer. I agree with your statement!! What is happening???
  • I chose a farming game as I am not interested in gambling, or sports.
    I do believe there are many games out there with those themes for players interested in them.

Please, don't try to be 'all things' to 'all players'. We chose this game for it's farming theme :smile:

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    They keep rolling out new things without fixing old ones because it's more important for them to develop new things that may work elsewhere, like for BFM and whatever new razzle-dazzle game they have in the works. It would seem that BF hasn't been the golden child for some time -- just the testing grounds where mistakes can be made, and bugs can roam freely before they introduce whatever to another game -- while being financed by what's left of gold buyers..

Development coders can easily be put to fixing things -- in fact, fresh eyes might be beneficial. If they had long term plans for this game, fixing the broken first would be a priority. The fact that they aren't, speaks volumes.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I had just started farming when last World cup was been played , some farmers did ask why this World event was not been celebrated , so maybe GGS giving what those players asked for, I think if the game is going to be more of a city builder and have a bit of everything involved in cities it should advertise itself has such.  It does seem to advertise a lot more on facebook
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I had just started farming when last World cup was been played , some farmers did ask why this World event was not been celebrated , so maybe GGS giving what those players asked for, I think if the game is going to be more of a city builder and have a bit of everything involved in cities it should advertise itself has such.  It does seem to advertise a lot more on facebook
    Ok, fair enough. Four years ago players may have asked for this. But 4 years ago they didn't have all these things to occupy their time:
    1. Constant Coop Championships
    2. Back-to-back weekly Themed events (they didn't run as often)
    3. Temporary island farms
    4. Captain Yarnacle and his boat
    5. Horse Ranch and Horse Championship
    6. Fishing and Fish Hard work event
    7. Co-op Village and Village League
    8. Worldwide Championship
    9. Chinese New year, Japanese Festival, or other such recurring events
    10. A gazillion side events overlapping all of the above
    11. A plethora of broken events/features
    12. Theft of earned rewards
  • I would prefer the bugs get fixed   This side crop issue is a real drag and have no interest in betting sporting events.  
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Even if I wanted this event so badly, bugs fixing is more important to do. If they could spare a fraction of time to look at this, I think this game can return to right path.
  • I really only support my local FC (Which is USL anyways), even that is minimal at best. 

Really, get a grip GGS. 

What about curling, croquet, horseshoes (I have a bunch of horseshoes) could do that game, where does it end? At least horseshoes could be done on the horse farm. Why not build up the horse farm, there is an area with lumber sitting? What happened to the volcano island that is to be released this summer. I agree with your statement!! What is happening???
    A horseshoe pitch would be far more on point for a farming game, and it's
    not a bad idea either. I'd be down for that happening - if we want to "Gamble", 
    we could bet some horseshoes, (Gold or regular), and challenge other famers. 

Could be a good cash grab for GGS as well since they monetize everything. 
    Great idea!
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    They break the edge crops, wait until we are very far behind on edge crops and then put out an event that requires those much needed fields.  
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    As this event obviously has a hard deadline, and has no doubt had a few hitches to be sorted , maybe now it is released, some much needed dev time will now be available for fixing the bugs that have recently been created ….please .…….. :*  :*
This discussion has been closed.