Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Construction Tokens (2nd Building Slot)

Comments

• thank you
    umm 50 token ....
    is there other way to get them for free or just hard working event?
    if its only hard working then guess im need this event for 3 time dont think its possible to get rewards that are for many mils points
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    thank you
    umm 50 token ....
    is there other way to get them for free or just hard working event?
    if its only hard working then guess im need this event for 3 time dont think its possible to get rewards that are for many mils points

Beside hard worker event, you can obtain construction token during Cooperative Championship.
  • And be sure to upgrade a buildings/fields/orchards with the coin slot , NOT a deco, that is a waste of the tokens at only a few seconds to minutes...
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    A new possible bug I just discovered in regards to the construction tokens.
     I have 26 on hand and was able to earn another 38 from the CHW event but was not credited with them because it would have put me over the max allowable amount of 57 or 58.
     It would be nice to get at least up to the max allowed if we can not collect them all at the time.
    Neither option is fair to those that have earned their construction tokens but are not allowed to keep them past a certain amount. :(
  • I also had 24 construction tokens  and I earned 38 from CHWE but received none. This is unfair  
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Desperately unfair.  :¬((   Sympathy offered
  • Jenni 1 (AU1)Jenni 1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    I also had 24 construction tokens  and I earned 38 from CHWE but received none. This is unfair  
    Are you sure they were construction tokens and not school tokens
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    I also had 24 construction tokens  and I earned 38 from CHWE but received none. This is unfair  
    Are you sure they were construction tokens and not school tokens
    They are School tokens not Construction tokens - you are correct.
  • My construction slot is in use at the moment.  I have 55 tokens to use.  I am not getting the tokens from FHWE.  Are we only allowed a certian amount?  We can,t collect them like WOF tokens?  Any ideas?
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    That is right, you earn them fair and square but you cannot save more than 50.  When you log out you will lose the extra 5 you have in storage.  So, try not to log out before you use those tokens for another build.
  • THIS IS THE BIGGEST RIP OFF OF THIS GAME.  ONE MINUTE YOU HAVE 61 BUT NEED THE ARCHITECT TO USE THEM THE NEXT SECOND YOU HAVE 11.  WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO BUILD THESE UP AS WE WANT AND NOT CONTINUALLY LOSE THEM.  90% OF THE TIME YOU EARN ONLY TO HAVE THEM TAKEN AWAY.  
    SMART IN UP PROGRAMMERS.  YOU ARE THIEVES FOR TAKING WHAT WE EARN .
    BETSYBOOR
  • chbamb (US1)chbamb (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    It sounds like you upgraded/built a deco while waiting for the architect.

This feature was very clear - as soon as you have 50 coins, the very next build/upgrade is going to, by default, use your coins and not the universal construction slot. 

So sorry that you "lost" your coins. There is a learning curve to this feature but once you get it, you'll enjoy it. 
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

This feature was very clear - as soon as you have 50 coins, the very next build/upgrade is going to, by default, use your coins and not the universal construction slot. 

So sorry that you "lost" your coins. There is a learning curve to this feature but once you get it, you'll enjoy it. 

Its still a rip off

I have 59 coins and the architect is nowhere to be seen, all the coins I got past those 59 during the event have never been added, so they are effectively lost, just another of the many prizes non-prizes

GGS masters at getting people totally p sed off 

• Here is what I told my players and we seem to be Ok now that we got over the shock of losing the coins to a 5 min. deco. 

Make a list of the long term things you want to upgrade. As soon as the light turns green, start one of those, then it won't "steal" your coins. I'll admit, waiting on the architect is problematic and really needs to be thought through by GGS. Maybe they should give us a free architect pass when our light turns green. 

As for the player who lost her coins - we have all felt that sense of outrage that GGS took something from us. Sadly, it is a part of the love/hate relationship we have with the game. It is wrong to take our coins. It is wrong to steal our gold. It is wrong to ruin the fun parts of the game to pander to more gold use. It is wrong not to listen to your customers. However, like in anything in life, we get to decide. Do we still love the game more than we hate the problems? Since I am still here, I guess I do - but I am on to you, GGS. I see you!! Fool me once..... 
  • i had not built yet as needed  Architect.  i went from main farm to gourmet and back to main farm  coins were them gone this is not fair nor right  GAME Rip[ping people off after they earn something
    PCA (GB1) said:

Its still a rip off

I have 59 coins and the architect is nowhere to be seen, all the coins I got past those 59 during the event have never been added, so they are effectively lost, just another of the many prizes non-prizes

Again, the game clearly states that no new coins are added until the first 50 coins are spent. So, holding on to them while waiting for the Architect to show up is a huge gamble. I've been lucky only once in my five builds using the coins to have the architect show up. Just like Kirksa says, compile of list of long term builds to have handy. As soon as you have the coins, start those buildings. While they are upgrading, new coins are added to your balance as they are earned, so nothing is lost. 

There is room for improvement for this feature; however, it has been very clear from the onset on how it works. So far, it has worked exactly as described.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    PCA (GB1) said:

Its still a rip off

Again, the game clearly states that no new coins are added until the first 50 coins are spent. So, holding on to them while waiting for the Architect to show up is a huge gamble. I've been lucky only once in my five builds using the coins to have the architect show up. Just like Kirksa says, compile of list of long term builds to have handy. As soon as you have the coins, start those buildings. While they are upgrading, new coins are added to your balance as they are earned, so nothing is lost. 

There is room for improvement for this feature; however, it has been very clear from the onset on how it works. So far, it has worked exactly as described.
    Yes, holding onto coins for the Architect is a gamble, and yes, using them for long builds is advised, however, some have reached the stage where almost all builds especially long ones, require the architect.
  • I agree with Betsy.
    It's a rip-off.
    I know how it works... It's a rip-off !!

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 09.06.2018
    PCA (GB1) said:

Its still a rip off

I am not holding on to them I just cant use them unless the architect comes around I hope you are not suggesting I use these tokens for a little deco which is built in 5 seconds 

There is PLENTY of room for improvement, in fact the way it is now, is totally wrong  

Post edited by PCA (GB1) on
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    You don't have to hold them for the architect if you don't want, depending on how advanced your farm is. It simply means you can build two things at once. Pick the one that is going to take longer first to build which will go into the extra slot. Then build other things as normal.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    I don't think some of you understand what is occurring for some players.  They need Steve the Architect for all builds, or they can't go any higher on upgrades unless they are higher in XP.  I have quite a few buildings I can't go any higher on until I am at least 40 levels in XP higher.  I lose out on my coins often because of this.
    PCA (GB1) said:

Its still a rip off

Yes, holding onto coins for the Architect is a gamble, and yes, using them for long builds is advised, however, some have reached the stage where almost all builds especially long ones, require the architect.
    This is where the feature could use some improvement. For those that have reached this level of play, it is unfair that they lose the coins they earn once they have reached 50 since it's not their fault that the architect is not around when they need him. Kind of like "winning" WWC points when the WWC is no longer in play. They don't store in our inventory, so what exactly have we won? lol The way the coins are currently set up, the feature favors the lower level players over the higher level players.

I've never said that this feature was perfect but I do disagree with those that say it is a rip-off. So far, knock on wood, this feature has worked as planned based on the information provided by GGS. There are other more pressing issues (2xp boosters, edge plants) that need their attention and not the construction coins, IMHO.
    PCA (GB1) said:
    PCA (GB1) said:

Its still a rip off

I am not holding on to them I just cant use them unless the architect comes around I hope you are not suggesting I use these tokens for a little deco which is built in 5 seconds 

There is PLENTY of room for improvement, in fact the way it is now, is totally wrong  

God no! That would be a waste, indeed.

The issue, as I am beginning to understand it, is not with the coins themselves; it is with the availability of the architect. If he was a more constant feature on our farms, the coins could be better used. I'm in agreement with you that there should not be a cap. They should be allowed to accumulate in our inventory until used. This new feature appears to favor lower level players over higher level players as it stands right now. I just don't agree with the premise that it is a rip-off. It's actually working exactly as described.  
    Going to repeat the mantra: coins should be kept in inventory w/o a cap, and we should be able to use the coin slots when we want to. A little strategy in the game is good, but this is a gift with penalties that doesn't enhance play, but causes even more resentment.
    And, of course, Greta is here now. Can't do a thing because of the building slot.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I am afraid of getting any more construction coins in the next 5+ days: My coin slot is in use for a 144 hr architect upgrade
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    @artful (US1) you can have Greta dismantle decos from the drop box directly. You did say you were avoiding getting extra exp points?
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i understand why they have a cap on the coins it makes sense  they tryed to add something to the game that has been asked for for years and being able to use it with out gold like the building slot they gave us for the temp farm which i am not even sure how many people use that if they let us store more build coins just to wait to use for the architect i am sorry but it messes with the fundmentals of the game we were never meant to be able to do multiple upgrades with the architect with out using gold so you should be happy that now you can do 2 instead of 1 at a time the whole point to the architect is to be spaced out builds sorry if that does not make sence it is what helps make this a long term game so i know most wont like what i said but that is ok and it depends on how you look at the coins you are not really losing them once you get to 50 you just arent winning them but really for me that is not to bad to look at that way sense i am winning decorations that i just pitch or fishing equipment i just trash  so really no more of a lose then any of that stuff so i am sorry for the ones that dont like this but this is how i feel about it
    @artful (US1) you can have Greta dismantle decos from the drop box directly. You did say you were avoiding getting extra exp points?
    Yes, but I also swap things out and put thing back depending on the resulting happiness.
    i understand why they have a cap on the coins it makes sense  they tryed to add something to the game that has been asked for for years and being able to use it with out gold like the building slot they gave us for the temp farm which i am not even sure how many people use that if they let us store more build coins just to wait to use for the architect i am sorry but it messes with the fundmentals of the game we were never meant to be able to do multiple upgrades with the architect with out using gold so you should be happy that now you can do 2 instead of 1 at a time the whole point to the architect is to be spaced out builds sorry if that does not make sence it is what helps make this a long term game so i know most wont like what i said but that is ok and it depends on how you look at the coins you are not really losing them once you get to 50 you just arent winning them but really for me that is not to bad to look at that way sense i am winning decorations that i just pitch or fishing equipment i just trash  so really no more of a lose then any of that stuff so i am sorry for the ones that dont like this but this is how i feel about it
    In the early days, yes. But they have significantly increased areas where builds are needed ... DSF, for example, and new buildings and the decos that now have rebuild times. They keep adding more and more but don't increase the tools and resources needed to keep up.
Sign In to comment.