Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Coopchas waaaay too frequent!!!

Grammy26 (US1)Grammy26 (US1) US1 Posts: 36
edited 05.06.2018 in Suggestions
It is incomprehensible to me why GGS continues to blatantly, defiantly disregard our complaints about the coopchas being far too frequent, sometimes even less than a week apart!!  But, I'm not complaining anymore, I'm not discussing or posting about it anymore but I promise you I will also not be purchasing gold anymore either. Maybe if enough players take a stand and really stick to their guns, maybe GGS will stop this ridiculous nonsense and listen to us for a change!! There are a whole lot of people around the world who play Big Farm every day and it's past time that we had a voice in the game! Please, let GGS know how we really feel!
Thank you,
Debbie AKA grammy26
Post edited by Grammy26 (US1) on

Comments

• GazFarmer (AU1)GazFarmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 92
    I agree with you , added to the frequency the gifts we get are getting worse, the co op I am in agrees and will probably drop back to bronze, we can always choose not to participate
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    In our coop, participation is optional. Some go all out, the rest just pass it on by. Works for us.
  • In our coop, participation is optional. Some go all out, the rest just pass it on by. Works for us.
    I'm curious, do you have any difficulty or trouble with resentment from the prize winners towards those that do not take part? And if it is an issue, how do you deal with that and still keep everyone happy? 
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    @Aliensabductcow (GB1)   You just have to make it clear that participation is optional.  artful is very clear about that in his coop description.  His coop is for players that don't necessarily want to partake in the co-op events. So I am sure if there was a player that was all gung-ho about points and winning, they would be in a different co-op.
  • @Aliensabductcow (GB1)   You just have to make it clear that participation is optional.  artful is very clear about that in his coop description.  His coop is for players that don't necessarily want to partake in the co-op events. So I am sure if there was a player that was all gung-ho about points and winning, they would be in a different co-op.
    Ah right. I guess it makes a huge difference if it's clear from the get go. Thanks for posting :) 

In our coop, participation is optional. Some go all out, the rest just pass it on by. Works for us.
    I'm curious, do you have any difficulty or trouble with resentment from the prize winners towards those that do not take part? And if it is an issue, how do you deal with that and still keep everyone happy? 
    If there has been any resentment, no one has mentioned it. As Shay pointed out, it's known from the outset that our coop is for people who just want to be left alone to farm, and it's made clear that if competition is their thing, we may not be the coop for them.

Once in awhile, enough people will go for it, and more will join in just for the fun of it.

Occasionally we'll get a new member from a high-pressure coop who gets frustrated at our laid back approach, but they soon settle, or move on. Very new players to the game have wanted to push us to "do everything," but that hasn't been a problem since we raised the entry level requirements.

We often get a visitor or two who join just for a brief respite before returning to their high-power coops.

In any coop, you can't "keep everyone happy," but our retention level is very, very high, so the ones who stay seem to be happy enough with our "voluntary participation" approach. 

Games should be fun, otherwise, what's the point?
  • Yes, I agree completely. No fun = what's the point. Thanks for replying :) 
  • I agree that there are too many co-op challenges but I also feel that the cost to upgrade buildings and etc is way too high. When I first started playing the game (Fall of 2017) I was buying gold coins to help upgrade. Unfortunately I found that I would need to keep buying more gold coins in order to upgrade because it is almost unattainable to raise 2 or 3 million dollars to, say, upgrade the barn, for example. Now, I am realistic because I know that my not buying gold coins will not change how the game is played because of the many players around the world that use coins to play the game. I also know that voicing my opinion about the co-op challenges won't make a change to the game because I am only one of many. So I will upgrade my buildings, boats and etc when I can. I will take a break from co-op challenges as I need too because this is a game that I should enjoy and not dread to play and I want to enjoy the fellowship of my co-op. And, for now, I am standing firm in not buying any gold coins.
  • It is incomprehensible to me why GGS continues to blatantly, defiantly disregard our complaints about the coopchas being far too frequent, sometimes even less than a week apart!!  But, I'm not complaining anymore, I'm not discussing or posting about it anymore but I promise you I will also not be purchasing gold anymore either. Maybe if enough players take a stand and really stick to their guns, maybe GGS will stop this ridiculous nonsense and listen to us for a change!! There are a whole lot of people around the world who play Big Farm every day and it's past time that we had a voice in the game! Please, let GGS know how we really feel!
    Thank you,
    Debbie AKA grammy26

Its simple. The event is all about revenue, that's why it is run so often. If the game was about player happiness they could run it once a month or once a quarter.... They don't.

What started out as a farming game has turned in to a pseudo war game, I say pseudo as unlike a war game, where planning and strategy are key to success, you only need to bring your cheque book to be a winner in this event. It is obvious that this pay to win style of play appeals to some.

Mark
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Every time the CC arrives with the exact same rewards it becomes blatantly obvious that the automated reward system that supposedly generates random prizes each time an event is run was a lie and that is what frustrates me most. GGS think they can give us crap rewards, blame it on a system that doesn't exist then try to distract us with shiny new decorations hoping we will all forget the lie.........I haven't forgotten as i'm sure other players are also well aware and frustrated that we are constantly being disrespected and fed lies by this company.

• What started out as a farming game has turned in to a pseudo war game, I say pseudo as unlike a war game, where planning and strategy are key to success, you only need to bring your cheque book to be a winner in this event. It is obvious that this pay to win style of play appeals to some.

Mark
    While I agree with you wholeheartedly, (and I have stopped buying gold now myself) we should remember that there is no game without the gold buyers. No doubt that paying to win appeals to some players, but the absolute travesty is that GGS has  managed to mess this up and even upset those that are keeping the game afloat. If it wasn't so maddening it'd be laughable. (Also laughable are the claims of the random prize generator lol! Who are you kidding? haha. Good one. :P) 
    You can always tell when they are lying.  Whenever they try to sneak something in.  Just like when they first started running the CCs 3 times monthly and said it was because it was "Cooperative Month". The CCs remained 3 times a month even after that month was over.   Then they change the prizes taking away all the good prizes giving us JUNK and say it generated by a random system.  Most often when changes take place or there is something new, they will announce it ahead of time.  They are only excuses for after the fact changes.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Clearly there are enough people who just gotta WIN WIN WIN no matter how much it costs to make it worth while for GG to keep pushing these on us.  That's fine with me actually.  Someone has to pay for this, sure isn't me.  My UK coop is easy goin now.  I don't push anyone to do anything (other than show up and once the weather gets nice like it is even that one rule I don't keep on very tight.  People have lives.  Good players always come back.)

Artful I love your coop philosophy. If I weren't already in a dandy coop on the US server I'd join in a heartbeat.  The one I'm in is much the same.  Play what you want how you want.  They have so many members now that it hardly matters how many play CC or not.  They seem to win gold regardless.

Now Artful, by chance to you run a coop on the International server?  The one I'm in there is ok, but kinda fragmented.  I wouldn't mind making a move out of that one.  That is if  your as insane as me with THREE farms. (shees what WAS I thinking with that?)
    Clearly there are enough people who just gotta WIN WIN WIN no matter how much it costs to make it worth while for GG to keep pushing these on us.  That's fine with me actually.  Someone has to pay for this, sure isn't me.  My UK coop is easy goin now.  I don't push anyone to do anything (other than show up and once the weather gets nice like it is even that one rule I don't keep on very tight.  People have lives.  Good players always come back.)

Artful I love your coop philosophy. If I weren't already in a dandy coop on the US server I'd join in a heartbeat.  The one I'm in is much the same.  Play what you want how you want.  They have so many members now that it hardly matters how many play CC or not.  They seem to win gold regardless.

Now Artful, by chance to you run a coop on the International server?  The one I'm in there is ok, but kinda fragmented.  I wouldn't mind making a move out of that one.  That is if  your as insane as me with THREE farms. (shees what WAS I thinking with that?)
    I would sooooo love to have you in our coop. Unfortunately, it's all I can do to keep up with one farm, so there's just the one coop. :(
  • Debi1214 (US1)Debi1214 (US1) US1 Posts: 35
    I do agree with the original poster. Every week the same thing. I do also understand I do not have to par take in the event. Our co-op doesn't force it. But...…...then you feel bad if your not helping. 
    There is no challenge to this event any longer. Its boring!  I am not a old player, only a few months, and I am already bored with it. 
    I do hope they will listen and not make it so often.  Maybe every other month. Give us something new. 
  • Forgot where it was, but GGS is planning on adding more events, so that will spread the CC out farther.
    Yeah they will probably add an event from the time the CC ends until the next one starts ... oh wait they do that already with CHWEs.  

Seriously though, I certainly hope they do mix it up a bit as well as give the players a bit of R&R time in between these co-op events. This is all just way too much. 
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    edited 08.06.2018
    Let's face it, GGS makes a good living, from all those accounts, who never 'know anything, think they have done wrong, and buys for gold, all eagerly in the beginning' to catch up.' 
    The game is very charming, until you start realizing that, almost nothing is working, and that the people behind this couldn't care less. We are NOT valuable players (yes all of us together - but not one for one). 

I have seen so many players raising to level 50'ish and then quit (when the upgrades begins to really costs dollars) - thinking back, when I first started - those first levels, was the time I spend the most gold - and , I might add, didn't mind - cause the game was fun and gave me pleasure.
    Now it doesn't give me so much pleasure, so I hardly spend any gold - don't mind that an upgrade take days, and that I have to sell a whole lot of goods to make the dollars needed. The gold I use, today, is limited to neccessarities..

I started my own coop in december 17 'It has to be fun',-

couldn't participate any longer in this show, and felt I let down my coop, for objecting that we just played on, even if anyone (who wanted to), could easily see that BF was no longer a priority to maintain and the bugs around christmas, was really really bad.

The fuss about the silly silly X-mas events, that if any event has split players, this did. - Those who remembers that event, know what I'm talking about.

I wanted to go solo - not being part of dramas (that often show, when the 'crib is empty' and some play more than others, some have more money to spend than others, some don't care how they use them, and seem to buy themselves out of any bug the game has etc. etc.)

Today, we're 2 - not planning to get bigger, but have room for 5 ( our old Coop-members are welcome here, when they need a break from fighting in Golden League.- that works really well for us.)

I don't have to argue for, why we shouldn't participate in eg. CC og CHWE, we play the wheel and the Shinkei School if we want, and when we have the tokens and if we need some special seeds.
    I myself play FHWE, - I like planning, and this one you can plan to success if you start early enough collecting oysters,  my 'roomie' not so much - it's up to either of us to decide. - However, this event is on my 'pay attention list' and I don't know if I will keep on playing it. Last time, was the first time in a long long time, where we didnt have crates resetting - lets see if they can roll this one out, without bugs for a longer period.

Sometimes we get cc points, sometimes we don't- None of us cares anymore  - we have created our own little game, within and around the bugs here.

(I still have 60.000 certificates from my time in the bigger coop - so no need for me to play missions at all, for a long time (think I have spend maybe 5000 since december)

We have our adventureboat at level 1 - easily filled, even if only one of us is online and even with the edgecrops problems...we fill it - not so easily, but still within reach.

We have the fishingpond on level 1 - admitting I don't know why - since all it seems to give is happiness - of which we have plenty already.- we have 65 little goldfish swimming around, and they have food for the next 131 days without us doing anything...

From time to time, we play a challenge - either if we need some action or if someone dares to challenge us - happens rarely at 'our end' though :)

Sure we don't get as much for selling apples, eggs and bakery stuff, but it took extremely fast for us to get used to - and our game economy is really good anyways.

So, what GGS has done, by not adressing all these issues (extremely many!)
    is to split up coops, which can't be healthy for a game based on exactly that.

We haven't had someone 'important  enough' writing about what they are doing, if any of the bugs are close to be solved, or if we're still waiting for them to hire someone to fix the issues.
    One thing for sure - It's been a month since I made my last small sms purchase' - my roomie even less than me, so here is at least 2 players, who used to spend ' a lot' and could afford to spend, but don't anymore, except to get through the day ;) 

Sorry for a long post...got carried away  B)

• Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    From what they said, that why we had CC's all the time  (and other coop events) was because that is where most ppl worked together as a whole....well yes, what else had they been thinking? that most people gave up on stuff knowning that it would hurt the coop that they are in? And also most likely knowning, that there are different types of coops?
  • 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    A cc timer just appeared. only 4 days after  the last one. i find i very starving.. GGS must stop doing these. all these back to back events are making everyone feel tired bored. is not a game anymore has become a full time job. players are leaving everyday. and is almost impossible now to motivate the obes that still are playing. create new events GGS and enough with these CCs. this event has lost its meaning now looking that we have to do it twice per week. 1 CC in a month is more than enough
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    Agreed.    But as long as people keep buying gold to get high scores doing missions CC will not be reduced.

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    I say: cut down on events periode. Give players some space to breathe and get the enjoyment in the game back.

Cheers :smile:
  • 100% agree with all of the above, but absolutely no point in us asking for less - they have been asked several hundred times before and take no notice whatsoever.  They have no respect for their customers and the sooner we all wake up to this rather awful fact the better.  They dont care about customer satisfaction, despite the surveys being sent out, and even moreso they must get feedback from here via the CM's.  The only thing that matters is short term gold sales - forget the long term, they dont care!  The long term will be players leave, and yes, that includes gold buyers, but short term the gold sales still happen and are higher during cc's, and thats all that matters to GGS - sad but true.
  • Grammy26 (US1)Grammy26 (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    hey everyone, thank you for reading my post...and here i am again..so this is the schedule ggs assigned us the past month...coopcha 12/22-12/27/18..village fair(which is actually a punishment for complaining about too frequent coopchas) 12/29/18-1/5/19..coopcha 1/5-1/9..hwe 1/9-1/12..coopcha 1/15-1/19...chwe(which is nothing more than a hwe that entices us to spend gold to help ourselves and our coop achieve a higher rank)1/19-1/22...another coopcha(and since we spent all our gold on boosters for the chwe we of course need to buy more gold, very clever ggs) 1/22-1/26 and lastly for january(thank the good Lord!) a village fair/coopcha on wheels, 1/29-2/5..this doesn't even count the theme events and special farm events, landscape chic, architect, maybe more but i'm getting a headache..a couple of these events have 1- 2 days in between but most are back to back with no break to work our farms and just play the game! this pace is grueling and more like a full-time job than a fun pastime! why in the name of all that's holy can't u give us a mother-lovin break once in a while??! honestly if i were not leader of my coop i would quit in disgust over ggs' greed and blatant contempt for the players who(used to) love this amazing game. grammy26

disclaimer: i had already deleted my dec and jan calendars so the above dates r taken directly from the forum, therefore they may or may not be entirely accurate, but to the best of my ability i tried to get it right.

ps; and don't tell me, "well u know u don't HAVE to participate in ALL the events, contests, challenges, etc" baloney!! any player/leader dedicated to their coop and teammates is gonna wanna do their best in as many events as they can to help their coop grow and succeed!! so don't even try that one, ok?!
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    I'm still gonna try it :)

you dont have to participate in everything

I like to have things to do, goals to work for, rewards to aim for

When there is no events, I get bored quickly

I do nearly all events, Most of them, Semi-hard

There is absolutely no obligation to participate

There is publicity everywhere in our lives, Do we have to buy everything we see? Of course no, Same applies here

Do what you can, And what you enjoy, if its not enough for the cooperative you are in, You should look for a new one

We're overall #2/#3 coop on international server, I dont set ANY requirement at all for any events, I do trust people to do what they can, when they want, it works very well

Find a team, that fits your playstyle
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 21.01.2019
    While a lot of players still spend lots of gold on CC they will continue to INCREASE the frequency, no matter what we say.  ONLY way to decrease the frequency is for gold buyers stop spending so much gold on them.  UNTIL then, we will just have to put up with it.  Most of us agree that we would like to see 2 CC, 2 VF and 2 HWE (1 FHWE) each month.  NEVER going to happen when GGS makes a lot from CC 3 times a month.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    There are a few coops with obsessive players in them on every server and their desperation to win everything is the reason why GGS continues to force feed us events the majority of us don;t even like. What makes this even more frustrating is the rewards for events like the CC absolutely suck yet these obsessives continue to pull out their credit cards and throw obscene amounts of gold just to see the number 1 beside their names. Its for that reason the events continue to be shoved down our throats......if you are a business that has one product (in GGS example....the CC) that makes you a lot of money it wouldn't make sense to reduce its frequency. The players are to blame.....not GGS. This won't be a popular post but its true. 
  • I agree that there are too many challenge events however it is up to the individual coops to decide how they want to participate. If the coop requirement is to participate in all of the challenges and if that appeals to the individual then that is the coop to join and vice versa. In the end this is just a game that should be fun to play and play on our own terms. We are not "required" to buy gold, we don't have to be "number 1" or in the "gold" division and the coops do not have to participate in any of the challenges but some want to participate and, you know,  that is okay too. Overall, this is a pretty good game to play and it is just a matter of figuring out how to play on our own terms which of course will be different for each coop and for each individual.
Sign In to comment.