Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fishing Hard Worker Event

Comments

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I'm confused, I got the herring to 8 PPS and the timer dropped way down to a little over 5 hours.  If I look at the chart on Crazy big Farm It shows that if I take it to level 9 PPS that it would then make it timed for over 24 hours?  I am afraid to add anything to it at this point.  If I do I will miss what little oysters I can get in the 5 hours of herring.  So, what do I do, add more herring as the boats come in, and I will be okay?  Suzy!

Update:  I took the chance and collected since I have already made it to getting both boats which was my goal because I started so late in the game.  I am now at 9 PPS and lots of hours added to the time.  I don't understand how it can go from 7 PPS to 8 PPS and have such a drastic drop in timer, then go way up when at 9 PPS.

Update 2:  Now I have it at 11 PPS and it dropped down to 9.5 hours left from well over 24 hours from 9 PPS.   Definitely a huge drop in time but at least I don't have to add anything from now until the event ends.

It is a bit of a drop but not as bad as Lobster, swordfish, salmon, and cod.  It gives enough time to keep sending out boats with speed crews.  Of course if you would have no extra herring boats and no herring pools in sight the timer could run out. 

I am glad you got it going til after the event ends. 
  • Only 17 players earned enough points to take a GML on the AU1 server, level 56-999 this time compared to 50 who got the GML last time the event was run.

Has the event become difficult or are players just losing interest in the event because the the work involved for the 2,000 Gold?

Mark 
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    I got rank 101, which isn't bad considering I started so late.  I really should just do the event, plan for it, and go for it, but I try very hard to stay away.  Then dummy me collects that seaweed feed at the start and get caught up in it when I collect the oysters, lol.    If I don't collect that seaweed feed when it first starts I forget to do it.  So catch 22 for me.  :smiley:
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    Only 17 players earned enough points to take a GML on the AU1 server, level 56-999 this time compared to 50 who got the GML last time the event was run.

Has the event become difficult or are players just losing interest in the event because the the work involved for the 2,000 Gold?

Mark 
    Probably also matters the odd time for starting  the event - several players started later than they normally would..
  • I don;t know what time the event started, it was there when I logged on after real life morning farm chores were done, so I expect I lost quite a few hours.  That piled on top of no shellfish pools then no swordfish pools, then no shellfish pools again, then no swordfish pools again.  Of course there was the time thing, I was supposed to have 15 hours and when I went back in to the game in 3 hours I only had an hour left, this happened on almost every other fish, which happened to be shellfish.  I never saw so many shellfish in the hardworker event before, but the lack of shellfish pools is just continuing problem.   Like I said before I don't have trawlers so the amount of fish I can store on boats is no where near the amount needed to get to the proper level.  Even if my fishing level is high compared to my farming level, that is a disadvantage since I get thrown into a section that people have bigger boats.
    Only 17 players earned enough points to take a GML on the AU1 server, level 56-999 this time compared to 50 who got the GML last time the event was run.

Mark 
    I am thinking the event ended 12 hours earlier than normal because it started 12 hours late, (started at 5am and ended at 5pm), I could be wrong.  I am sure the random start time was also a factor. 
  • sdstc (TR1)sdstc (TR1) TR1 Posts: 214
    edited 06.06.2018
    delete
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I just missed out on the hardworker GML but managed one for finishing top 50. No gold used, just some lost time and a bit of bad luck at the beginning not having the pools I needed. It isn't THAT hard to get the points, just a bit of planning beforehand which was difficult to do this time round because the start time wasn't announced.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    PCA (GB1) said:
    The gold mining license required 3,390,000 points.
    We have 3 days = 72 hours = 259200 seconds. 
    So, the points/second we need to win gold license is: 3390000/259200 = 13.1

That means, to win this prize we need to get 14 points/ second in EVERY SECOND from the beginning of the event. 

I know I can't do it. Or maybe I can with skipping more than 2000 golds =)

The event lasts  96 hours and we need to average 10 point / second to reach the 3,39 million points for the GML

It last this time 83 or 84 hours not 96 hour
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    PCA (GB1) said:

The event lasts  96 hours and we need to average 10 point / second to reach the 3,39 million points for the GML

It last this time 83 or 84 hours not 96 hour

@Xcuti@"Xcution (INT1)"

I hadn't noticed to be honest, not paying much attention  to fish HWE lately because there is a bug which only occurs for some players who then can no longer add bonus points

In general all HWE last 96 hours, only rarely they are a few hours shorter

• aussie_mark (AU1)aussie_mark (AU1) Posts: 211
    edited 07.06.2018
    Good News

If you read this post https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3896411/#Comment_3896411 then you'll see that the event was shortened for "Planning reasons", yeap, that expatiation is about as clear as mud to me as well. If it was planned, why wasn't it announced so people could also plan. Poor planning if you ask me.

Also the comment, "should go back to the slightly longer runtime." The use of "should" instead of "will" is not a good sign, also slightly longer are they meaning back to 96 hours or will it be 84 hours and 5 minutes?

If you want clear and divisive answers, you've come to the wrong place.

Mark 
    Post edited by aussie_mark (AU1) on
    edited 07.06.2018
    Good News

If you read this post https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3896411/#Comment_3896411 then you'll see that the event was shortened for "Planning reasons", yeap, that expatiation is about a clear as mud to me as well. If it was planned, why wasn't it announced so people could also planned. Poor planning if you ask me.

Also the comment, "should go back to the slightly longer runtime." The use of "should" instead of "will" is not a good sign, also slightly longer are they meaning back to 96 hours or will it be 84 hours and 5 minutes?

Mark 
    I agree that we should have been informed.  This could not have happened without an update (or as they constantly claim about everything else), so they knew ahead of time but failed to inform the players?   I want to know these things, all we see is ~3days when we start.  We cannot not see 3 days plus 23:59 hours or 3 days plus 5 min.  This makes a HUGE difference on how we play the event or if we want to play at all knowing we have much less time to get to the GML or even the last prize #50 because less time makes it that much harder to get to.  STOP keeping the players in the dark!
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    Good News

If you read this post https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3896411/#Comment_3896411 then you'll see that the event was shortened for "Planning reasons", yeap, that expatiation is about a clear as mud to me as well. If it was planned, why wasn't it announced so people could also planned. Poor planning if you ask me.

Mark 
    I agree that we should have been informed.  This could not have happened without an update (or as they constantly claim about everything else), so they knew ahead of time but failed to inform the players?   I want to know these things, all we see is ~3days when we start.  We cannot not see 3 days plus 23:59 hours or 3 days plus 5 min.  This makes a HUGE difference on how we play the event or if we want to play at all knowing we have much less time to get to the GML or even the last prize #50 because less time makes it that much harder to get to.  STOP keeping the players in the dark!
    they event is too long and screwed up as it is - inform us? that would be like GGS not doing a hotfix with reset in the middle of the competition....
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 16.06.2018
    how and when did we get "producers"? are we now in some twilight zone movie ?
      https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3896411/#Comment_3896411 

EDIT: you know that theme song just buzzed through your head hehehe
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    It's nearing the end of the month, and since the FHWE usually starts early in the month, it would be good to know so we can prepare in advance. Thanks!
  • its not 4/8 like it was 4/7 in this month?
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Logically, should be the next Hard Worker Event, after the CC that is about to start . Logic and GGS don't always go together, but I have a couple of hundred oysters stashed... ;)  ;)  ;)
    its not 4/8 like it was 4/7 in this month?
    Never presume anything. WW was able to dig out the info, so fingers crossed he can do it again. :)
  • got the answer yet?
    Not yet! :)
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    I would like to know why they (GGS) are so secretive about the calendar? Farmers in the real world rely on calendars to prepare so why can't GGS give us real time calendars to work with here, especially when it comes to things you need prep with. The FHWE is not like the other HWE's where you can simply plant a few paddocks with corn and bingo, 5 minutes later you're started. With the limited number of pools or as is most often the case, non-existent pools of oysters, preparation takes time. Oh, I forget, you can start the FHWE without oysters - just give GGS some more GOLD to skip the non-existent oysters.
    any word?
  • I would like to know why they (GGS) are so secretive about the calendar? Farmers in the real world rely on calendars to prepare so why can't GGS give us real time calendars to work with here, especially when it comes to things you need prep with. The FHWE is not like the other HWE's where you can simply plant a few paddocks with corn and bingo, 5 minutes later you're started. With the limited number of pools or as is most often the case, non-existent pools of oysters, preparation takes time. Oh, I forget, you can start the FHWE without oysters - just give GGS some more GOLD to skip the non-existent oysters.
    I can assure you its not a case of secrecy, its a tools issue, so the schedule is being filled in much slower than usual & we are only getting the info a couple of days in advance (if that). Hopefully things will improve soon & we will be able to get the dates a month in advance again.

As for the FHWE, they are usually the 1st HWE in the month, rather than the last, so it won`t be starting for at least another week. - We just added the last event for July, to the calendar, which is a CHWE starting on the 30th.
    edited 27.07.2018
    We know it's the first one of the month. We just wanted to know how closely from the start of the month it was going to be. It helps to know that another HWE event will be starting soon so we can "guess" better. :) Thanks, @WascallyWabbit
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Considering the CHWE is running from the 31st to the 2nd, we can probably expect a CC on the 3rd to the 6th, then maybe the FHWE on the 7th. Time will tell.
    Considering the CHWE is running from the 31st to the 2nd, we can probably expect a CC on the 3rd to the 6th, then maybe the FHWE on the 7th. Time will tell.
    That's kind of my thinking, but then you never know. :smile:

• 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    Yes, thanks @WascallyWabbit. I am sure the majority of people here do appreciate what you do to try and mediate between GGS and us. And that would not be an easy job. Please forgive me if my post sounded like I was venting, but with the number of bugs in the game and the fact that GGS do not seem to give a damn as is very evident by the way they reply to support letters, it becomes very frustrating.
  • Yes, thanks @WascallyWabbit. I am sure the majority of people here do appreciate what you do to try and mediate between GGS and us. And that would not be an easy job. Please forgive me if my post sounded like I was venting, but with the number of bugs in the game and the fact that GGS do not seem to give a damn as is very evident by the way they reply to support letters, it becomes very frustrating.
    @5-10 Man (AU1) Its fine, we totally understand the frustrations, it sometimes feels like Gremlins really do exist & they are in the system, having a right old time tormenting us all (including the dev team) - The edge plants fix themselves, finally giving us some good news, then a horse season from 3 years ago randomly decides to start itself & now Barnacle joins in & messes up his fruit orders, for the 1st time since temporary farms started, it would be funny if it wasn't so annoying. :/

The CMs think they will be able to give us the August calendar on Monday, at least the 1st half of it, so we will get that posted asap.
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    @WascallyWabbit Leave these matters and tell us the date of FHWE please.

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    @WascallyWabbit Leave these matters and tell us the date of FHWE please.

Ye hoi na kam ki bat lol
Sign In to comment.