Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fishing Hard Worker Event

Comments

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Sorry, I disagree here . The fishing HWE can be done to the GML stage with no gold , and a good chance of getting the second ranking GML , which might mean skipping 1 or 2 crates . You need to plan correctly , and use any advance warning of the event to prepare . Crazybigfarm , bless her , has all the relevant info on her site so you can see how many fish of each type to stock up on , and which types will not last at maximum speed .
    I agree that it can be reached without gold, if you get the needed pools. But if you don't get the pools you need your only option is to fish out other pools and hope for the best, or to skip with gold. Going 2 days without a shellfish pool to even start the event leaves you dead in the water. (pun intended). Knowing in advance when the event is going to start lets you plan ahead, but there should be an in-game notification/timer for that. Players shouldn't need to get this information on the forum.
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    That is a fair point , but to get shellfish pools you have to work the DSF as hard as you can , harder you fish , the more pools you get . As they stitched us up this time by changing order on the HWE's and cutting hours off the FHWE , its clearly going to get harder . Could always buy a little gold, 2 GML is not worth much , I just like the challenge .
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    edited 03.06.2018
    Completely agree with your posts @garybaldy (GB1) .
    I've never used any gold to skip and still managed to get the GML every time, even if I didn't always end up in the top 50. Last time round I only got the oysters up to 10 after a full day of fishing and had to keep lobster at 9 for a long time untill the required pools showed up, Still got all all the rewards including that horrific box mermaid :D
    As you say, keep emptying those pools and hope for a good one.
    I do agree that an in-game notice a few days ahead is really necessary, even if they don't give the exact hour.

Edited to add: No, I haven't got a 14 level 6 trawler fleet, I've got 5 level 4 trawlers, 9 level 6 skipjacks (all FHWE rewards I've upgraded some) and 2 level 6 wherries and a level 4 motorboat as "sweeper-uppers"
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I have manged to get the GML without gold every time except the very first time...I used to get 2 until they changed it up. Last time I almost got the 2 GMLs but ended up in 51st place, just one place short of the 2nd GML. But I had luck; getting long runs of herring and shrimp and geting the pools I needed.
    Glad to see its not just me . :) 
    I should add that a good coop who work together to spark boats is worth a lot .I am lucky to be in one of the best .
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Sorry, I disagree here . The fishing HWE can be done to the GML stage with no gold , and a good chance of getting the second ranking GML , which might mean skipping 1 or 2 crates . You need to plan correctly , and use any advance warning of the event to prepare . Crazybigfarm , bless her , has all the relevant info on her site so you can see how many fish of each type to stock up on , and which types will not last at maximum speed .
    Skipping crates involves using gold. I did say not using "any" gold, not even a tiny amount.
    I have manged to get the GML without gold every time except the very first time...I used to get 2 until they changed it up. Last time I almost got the 2 GMLs but ended up in 51st place, just one place short of the 2nd GML. But I had luck; getting long runs of herring and shrimp and geting the pools I needed.
    Good to know it can be done with the new format. So, hope springs eternal. :)

Completely agree with your posts @garybaldy (GB1) .
    I've never used any gold to skip and still managed to get the GML every time, even if I didn't always end up in the top 50. Last time round I only got the oysters up to 10 after a full day of fishing and had to keep lobster at 9 for a long time untill the required pools showed up, Still got all all the rewards including that horrific box mermaid :D
    As you say, keep emptying those pools and hope for a good one.
    I do agree that an in-game notice a few days ahead is really necessary, even if they don't give the exact hour.

Edited to add: No, I haven't got a 14 level 6 trawler fleet, I've got 5 level 4 trawlers, 9 level 6 skipjacks (all FHWE rewards I've upgraded some) and 2 level 6 wherries and a level 4 motorboat as "sweeper-uppers"
    Well done. Some of it's the luck of the draw, to be sure, but I am very demoralized by the thing as it is now.  I have 2 Level 4 Trawlers, 4 Level 3 Trawlers, and the rest skipjacks and wherries. I start harvesting oysters days in advance. I get the pools, and I keep them at 9pts per second ... still barely make it to step 40.
    I did say, its quite possible to get to the GML with no gold , to get the ranking reward in top 50 might need to skip a crate or 2 , get back 2000 gold by investing 1-300 seems good to me.

Not going to win every time, there is a fair amount of luck in order of crates and pool generation , but if you don't try , you have no chance . And failing to prepare = preparing to fail....
    I did say, its quite possible to get to the GML with no gold , to get the ranking reward in top 50 might need to skip a crate or 2 , get back 2000 gold by investing 1-300 seems good to me.

Not going to win every time, there is a fair amount of luck in order of crates and pool generation , but if you don't try , you have no chance . And failing to prepare = preparing to fail....
    Oh, I try. Trust me!!  LOL! The trawlers are the only reason right now, though, so each event I'm a little bit better off than the one before. Just very discouraging, although I am glad that some have posted that they have finished without using gold. Except for the trawlers, I wouldn't bother for just one GML, though. Still, I have a few more trawlers to win, so I guess I"ll stick around a little bit longer! :)

Well done. Some of it's the luck of the draw, to be sure, but I am very demoralized by the thing as it is now.  I have 2 Level 4 Trawlers, 4 Level 3 Trawlers, and the rest skipjacks and wherries. I start harvesting oysters days in advance. I get the pools, and I keep them at 9pts per second ... still barely make it to step 40.
    Why keep the oysters at 9pts per second? They can go for a long time at 10, providing you've got the next fish available of course. It's always a quetion of "decisions, decisions" for me, this time I opted for keeping the tuna running for more than a day at 10+2pts/second and it's turning out really good, well in the top50 for now, Last time there were a lot of people running at more than that. Luck does come in to it.
    As the man said, "Patience Grasshopper " , you will get there. Really helps to get about 400 oysters up before the start, and stuff your trawlers with tuna, herring, swords, salmon and cod . Its the only time I use freezers , GML trumps farm $ lol 

Why keep the oysters at 9pts per second? They can go for a long time at 10, providing you've got the next fish available of course. It's always a quetion of "decisions, decisions" for me, this time I opted for keeping the tuna running for more than a day at 10+2pts/second and it's turning out really good, well in the top50 for now, Last time there were a lot of people running at more than that. Luck does come in to it.
    9 pts because that's what I got to right out of the gate (yes, I start fishing days in advance), and no oyster pools after that.... then onto lobsters, also at 9 right off the bat ... next fish is waiting for when the crates move ... don't know when that will be as I'm at lobsters for that vague "1 day"

edited 03.06.2018
    As the man said, "Patience Grasshopper " , you will get there. Really helps to get about 400 oysters up before the start, and stuff your trawlers with tuna, herring, swords, salmon and cod . Its the only time I use freezers , GML trumps farm $ lol 
    Yep, had oysters waiting, so hit 9pts right away for a day, at least, then the oyster pools dried up. Next crate is lobsters which also has been running at 9pts right out of the gate ... I do have my new trawler, which I will level up to 3 or 4 immediately, so I'm okay with it ... I just don't like it when the powers that be make an event harder Plus make the rewards worse. 
    Oh, okay, got it, but if you've got fish waiting for the next crate,and enough to get to 9pts again I'd get the lobster up to 10 asap(or maybe keep the lobster running for a while to get a good night's sleep :))
    Good luck anyway, still over 2 days to go so you're in with a chance.

Totally agree about the rewards , been well nerfed :'(:'( 

I was expecting FHWE when they wouldn't give the new calendar, so had a couple of boats full of oysters waiting .  Best of luck anyway  :)
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    man is this FHWE screwed over - every other fish is either clams or oysters with NO POOLS - Zero Zip NADA with 5 pools of lobster - this is so freaking UNFAIR - you either need to be very lucky or spend tons of gold I have so had it with this game 
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    edited 04.06.2018
    I liked the old FHWE.  It was both fun and challenging.  You may not win every time but it is was possible to win.  If you were not a gold spender you still even had a chance at first place if everything went smoothly.  Players could not "buy" their way past you with bonus points.  It was all about timing, getting the right pools and continually getting good pools or pools you could clear out quickly.  

The new FHWE is similar with the fact you can still get all the rewards even without gold use if everything goes smoothly, however, the "bonus points" are now present and it gives gold users the opportunity to breeze by non-gold users. 

To get all the prizes:
    Always have at least one boat on hand with Oysters to at least get the silo going.
    Clear pools quickly using travel speed equipment and avoid adding extra fishing time. 
    Depending on the fish in your silo crate (some empty quick when getting to 10, others a lot slower) either keep the timer at 9 or 10 and have one boat sitting with enough to take you to 10 while sending boats for the next 2 fish in line.  Once you get a few boats full you can get the timer to 10 and earn the bonus point.  When the timer expires start the next fish and repeat the process. Keep getting the bonus point when you can.

I am not saying you will always get all 50 prizes every time.  You certainly do need luck to get all the right pools to keep everything running smoothly.  But it is no different than the lottery, you do not buy a ticket expecting to win, you buy a ticket hoping your numbers will pop up and you will win. If you don't win you hope for better luck the next time you play. 

If an event is impossible without the use of gold, I am usually one of the first ones to say so.  This event is not impossible.  GGS has made it MUCH harder to even try for 1st place but ALL the prizes can be obtained with just a bit of luck and good timing.  Good timing = being here ready and waiting for the silo to pop up.   Well now that GGS has decided to play games with the start of events it can be a bit more challenging  :'(

Just don't get discouraged, keep upgrading your boats and preparing for each FHWE, eventually luck will be on your side  :)
  • Is anyone else finding that the event is skipping to the next fish required before the timer goes down and the funnel becomes empty?
    E.g. I had 5+ hours left to collect more swordfish and within a few minutes it skipped straight to lobster, meaning I only collected a few points for the swordfish I already collected. 
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Haven't had that happen but I don't have any herring pools and it is next after shrimp in 1 hour.  So, probably will be dead in my tracks on this one.
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Mine doesn't run out completely but i checked and had 5 hours left and then it suddenly dropped to 1 hour :( and hence not ready with next haul, so frustrating :( 
  • Anyone know when this FHW will end?   I know it says 1 day, but since it started at 1am game-time US1 on June 2nd, I thought it end about 1am tonight but that's obviously wrong.

Probably in about 28 hours from now , but GGS can just as easily shorten an event as make it start late.... :(
    When you fill the silo higher with fish the timer will run down quicker, especially on Lobster, swordfish, salmon, and cod.  Lobster can go from ~1day down to 15 minutes when reaching 10. 
  • When I was smaller then I am now I was able to get in the top 20, but lately I am lucky to get in the top 300.  I don't use gold, and I don't have trawlers or even skipjacks other then the one I got for a prize that is a lv 4.  The most of my boats are motorboats and runabouts, with one lv 6 werry, and 2 level 1 werries.  The biggest problem  have had was getting shellfish pools in the beginning, then the second biggest problem is getting swordfish pools.  The greatest majority of the pools I get are tuna and lobster.  Right now I have 3 tuna, 1 lobster and wonder of all wonders two swordfish.  No matter how you plan, until I get bigger boats, or am able to upgrade some of the ones I won then the FHWE is not for me.  The last 3 FHWE, have started the same way, no shellfish pools for a couple days before and at least 24 hours in, so a late start, swordfish pools too far away for a reasonable time to get the second fish that is usually cod or salmon.  I know lower level players that get shellfish pools all the time, not sure why I hardly ever get them, and when I do they are low.  I finally got one 24 hours in with 30 oysters, big deal.  
  • I've gone to getting a boat or 2 filled ahead of time with oysters, otherwise I have none atm. Oysters can wait till the event starts.
    edited 05.06.2018
    We are in the last few hours of this event, and herring is next.  I did not think I would get any because all I had was lobster pools when I was next with shrimp.  Amazingly I had enough shrimp to run a long run and herring pools came up.  Now my question is, when I collect the herring in about 4 hours I understand I can safely run it at 10 PPS but can I run it with say plus 1 or plus 2 safely?  I'd like to add as many as I can to get it as fast as I can for the last few hours.  Oysters are after the herring and I have only one pool of them, so not wanting oysters to be on the menu for the silo if I put in too many herring, and then drops like a hot cake.
    @SuzyQ22 (US1)
    Yes,  you can run herring safely without a major drop in time.  Also the points do not affect the timer, they are just extra points added to whatever level you are on at the time.  Rather than even attempt the Oysters, try and send boats out for more herring to keep it going until the end. 
    Thanks Shay, I appreciate your help.  Looks like I might do pretty well these last few hours, maybe even make top 100 which is surprising because I started a day late.  Suzy!
    edited 05.06.2018
    I'm confused, I got the herring to 8 PPS and the timer dropped way down to a little over 5 hours.  If I look at the chart on Crazy big Farm It shows that if I take it to level 9 PPS that it would then make it timed for over 24 hours?  I am afraid to add anything to it at this point.  If I do I will miss what little oysters I can get in the 5 hours of herring.  So, what do I do, add more herring as the boats come in, and I will be okay?  Suzy!

Update:  I took the chance and collected since I have already made it to getting both boats which was my goal because I started so late in the game.  I am now at 9 PPS and lots of hours added to the time.  I don't understand how it can go from 7 PPS to 8 PPS and have such a drastic drop in timer, then go way up when at 9 PPS.

Update 2:  Now I have it at 11 PPS and it dropped down to 9.5 hours left from well over 24 hours from 9 PPS.   Definitely a huge drop in time but at least I don't have to add anything from now until the event ends.

Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
Sign In to comment.