Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

village upgrades

We have now a new leader at HavinFun but she cannot upgrade any of the village buildings .  Its greyed out, we have more than enough gold for items used

Comments

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    We have now a new leader at HavinFun but she cannot upgrade any of the village buildings .  Its greyed out, we have more than enough gold for items used
    Any one of the Deputies can start an upgrade in the CV or just get members to vote. Once the last vote is in the upgrade will start automatically :)
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    Are we only allowed to buy so much for each upgrade and are expected to make whatever else is needed  (Paint ) or buy it individually from own pocket ?  Need to upgrade fishpond, its getting very crowded + forever feeding the fish
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    There is a limit on what you can buy in for village upgrades, I seem to remember its only 2 required products , only ever used it on the test server so it might be different in actual game .
    oh dear Pond will never be upgraded then, only 4 people playing now and need a fair bit of paint .  Same with other buildings 
    edited 24.05.2018
    oh dear Pond will never be upgraded then, only 4 people playing now and need a fair bit of paint .  Same with other buildings 
    Yes there is a limit on how much the co op account can donate to the upgrades. 3 is the max so select items your group is having troubles in producing them.
     May I suggest that you try to keep the donations to your on going upgrades that are in your CV to a min, as long as some of an item is donated every 24 hours, they do not incur any penalties. Even 5 is enough. That way your team can focus on the more important upgrades for your co op.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Yes there is a limit on how much the co op account can donate to the upgrades. 3 is the max so select items your group is having troubles in producing them.
     May I suggest that you try to keep the donations to your on going upgrades that are in your CV to a min, as long as some of an item is donated every 24 hours, they do not incur any penalties. Even 5 is enough. That way your team can focus on the more important upgrades for your co op.
    Even 1 is enough, at least in our Village. :smile:
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    edited 25.05.2018
    You can donate even it's only 1 item in any village upgrades to suspend penalty. Normally I would like to use cooperative contribution for ropes and bricks and didn't instantly donate all materials in one place.
    Post edited by Surya54 (INT1) on
    goldfish pond needs almost 10K cans of paint  :open_mouth:  With all ingredients  I can make over 70 cans  :tired_face: So thats not happening soon Very disappointing   :#:#
    edited 25.05.2018
    goldfish pond needs almost 10K cans of paint  :open_mouth:  With all ingredients  I can make over 70 cans  :tired_face: So thats not happening soon Very disappointing   :#:#
    As your co op grows it will become easier to work the CV ;) Don't give up hope yet :)
    @Data King (US1) Unfortunately  I think GGS has almost killed my co-op We expanded to take over 40 players , then has CC and HWCE became almost everyday events players left. Now less than half full + only 4 play at least once a week . I haven't done missions since early 2017 so not wanting to join another co-op
    @Data King (US1) Unfortunately  I think GGS has almost killed my co-op We expanded to take over 40 players , then has CC and HWCE became almost everyday events players left. Now less than half full + only 4 play at least once a week . I haven't done missions since early 2017 so not wanting to join another co-op
    That's a shame to let the game ruin it for you & your co op :( Understandable that you feel frustrated with what you & your co op has gone through. Your postings of the troubles you have encountered during your time with the game pretty much says it all. I know as a former co op leader how tough on one it can be. But it can be possible to turn around a co op, if the co op really wants to continue to grow. Have a chat with the members that are there helping out with the co op and see what they want to do. Their suggestions could go a long ways to let you know if you your self wish to continue with the game and or which direction to go.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 25.05.2018
    If it helps, I inherited a sea of red dots, but managed to turn it around by making it a "no-participation-required coop." I cleared out the red dots, and raised the level requirements. The only obligation is to log in once every two weeks. It took a few months, but people showed up and stayed. And because participation wasn't required, people began participating on their own. Sure, we aren't climbing up the ranks (we don't care about that), and it takes a long time to get things done (we are in no hurry), but it's developed into a nice little band of players. We don't put much emphasis on upgrading the Village (I mean, why are we doing it anyway?), yet we do manage to upgrade a little bit now and then. Don't know if this would work for you, but we've put the emphasis back on farming, and are having a lot more fun that we used to -- stress free.
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    As a leader, my only rule is to login every week (understandable if they can't login by giving a reason). We also didn't want to upgrading the village quickly, yet we still make a litte progress here.
  • So very sorry your co-op has been through that. I think we all are struggling with the continuous competition. GGS is still ignoring the problem, but Big Farm Farmers are very smart people - that is why we are attracted to this game. We can figure our way around GGS (just another part of the game!).

I have a competitive edge and so love to compete - but I get so tired of one competition after another. I often take a poll of my players before a competition. I ask if they are tired, are they getting burned out? Do they want to do this right now, knowing that in a couple of weeks it will no longer count as a new competition will occur? I find the transitory nature of the wins discouraging. If it were only once a month, the win would mean something. 

To help minimize stress, I give players 3 possible point goals. One to stay in the CC league we are in, one to place 9th, and one to place top three. Sometimes we are really tired, have little gold or players are absent, so we lay back. Other times, we want the win, so we try harder. We are in control of our stress. I know other coops are doing this as well. Farmers want to farm. That is why we joined the game :) Competition should be a secondary part of the game, but it has become ALL we do (and sometimes I am very bored with it, lol; but then other times - like this last CC, we were all excited and placed 3rd).

Another way to minimize stress is to help players sort their priorities. There are so many things to do, but they are not all equal importance. It helps to sort what needs to be done. As leader, I help my players sort what is most important.

Developing strategies as a group also helps to minimize stress. Since we are all working together on the strategies, there is a lot of team buy-in. This buy-in changes our attitudes and gives us satisfaction.

In addition, we consider building our coop and our farms as worthwhile work in play. We know that each member has great ideas to contribute and is capable and able to contribute to the group. We celebrate each success, posting good member competition results on our Facebook group page, sharing how we are doing during competition, encouraging each other and rejoicing when players achieve - even small advances. At the end of the competition, we give a breakdown of how players are improving and celebrate all player contributions. We have sparkle parties at successful players farms. We give a lot of gratitude and shout-outs. Acknowledging players are people with lives, hopes and dreams.

Some of these team-building ideas might work for you. I love our team! We are having a great time. I hope your coop takes off!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file