Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Length & Frequency of Coop Championship

11517»

Comments

• WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 16.05.2018
    The CC runs continuously with only a 5 day break in-between.   When they first started the CCs so often they said it was co-op month (their excuse). Then the next month was the WWC (another excuse).  They do not change the frequency when there is no WWC it continues to start 5 days after the last one ends.  Their current excuse.... running multiple events so players can pick and choose ..... it is very hard to pick and choose when you are in a coop and a coop event is running unless of course the ENTIRE coop decides to pick and choose and chooses to ignore it, however in most coops, this is not the case.   Same with the CHWEs.  This is a marketing strategy, it is by no means a pick and choose option when you are in a coop. The game is setup to encourage being in a coop as well with most events geared toward coop play. 
    @Shay1968 (US1)  Here is a quote from  Dennis in the live chat that they did last December:

It doesn’t hurt you if you don’t play one event, just do what you want. And from, we have a lot of tracking data, and we can see that the most participation in the games, in the events, is where the cooperative has to work together. That’s the reason why we changed our planning like that, that we will have from last month until the future there will more events coming, there is always an event running, were the cooperative can work together. So right now it’s the Cooperative Hard Worker Event and the Cooperative Championship, running one after the other, but there are other events that come in-between – So, one thing is, next week the Goldfish Rescue, there is a single player part and a multi-player part, during that time, you won’t have the Cooperative Tournament running, so there is always options that you can play.

As you can see the plan is to always have a coop event running, because their data shows that they are popular & the reason they are so frequent is because there are only 2 coop events, but the plan is to add more & that will make each one less frequent. However, it does sound to me like the Goldfish rescue, which was about to be introduced when the chat was broadcast, was meant to be part of the rotation too, I will get that checked out tomorrow.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    @WascallyWabbit
    I am guessing Dennis does not play Bigfarm and does not realize that the bottom 4 ranking co-ops drop down to the lower league at the end of each CC. 
    It doesn’t hurt you if you don’t play one event, just do what you want.
    My co-op likes to stay in silver league, if we do not play one event, we would fall to Bronze league.  The prizes in silver league are crappy but the prizes in bronze and rookie league are even crappier.  So as you know since you do play, it DOES hurt if we miss one event. 

Some more variety would be nice but in some ways I feel like they are trying to make this two full-time jobs for players. I am sure we all want to participate in co-op events, but I am also fairly sure we don't want to participate in co-op events ALL the time. 
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    TOO MANY EVENTS!

TOO CLOSE TOGETHER  (if not running AT THE SAME TIME.)

TOO MANY COMPLICATED EVENTS!
    (I never did understand the asia event.   WAY too complicated.   The world wide one was another.  I'd look at the thing in the parking lot and just scratch my head.  IGNORE.)

WHY does GG keep sending out surveys THEN IGNORE THE RESULTS??????? 

WHY doesn't GG actually READ their own forum board?   I understand now that the pole to make CC once a month,  (at 90% when I got a chance to vote)  wasn't even started by GG.   Well someone started it, and a LOT of people voted for once a month (or less.)   And yet here it is again????  We just finished one.

NON STOP does NOT equal EVENT.     An EVENT is a rare thing…. you know…
    it's why it's called AN EVENT!     

Events here have become chores.   One of my coops, (not mine, I'm just in it) has a leader who is burnt out now.  Looking to leave.  It's tough to be a leader in any group but when the pressure is on ALL THE TIME it leads to people getting burnt out, bored, fed up, and leaving.   I walked away when GG stupidly booted people for taking advantage of a bug on their end.   I sent notes to all three coops I was taking a break from this. 
    Didn't miss it one bit.   

Thing is, I have always enjoyed this game.  Bugs and all.  I use to be able to finish an event, even get the highest prizes.   NOTHING is possible anymore.  Not the temp islands, certainly not the new gourmet or flower farm ones.  Tried twice now, forget it.  It's beyond ever reaching.  
    The whole idea of coop vs coop is really bad.   Only the gold users have a chance there.  Gets way too pushy especially when these run NON STOP!   

GG please listen to us.   Pick an event, do ONE… once a month.   It would really be an event then.  Not a rerun. 
    The problem is, people are doing them. We, the players HAVE TO STOP being their puppets, stop doing all these events. If no one participates and keeps their credit cards in their pockets things may change but as long as these events are making them money by people fighting to compete, they are going to throw them out there.
  • @WascallyWabbit
    I am guessing Dennis does not play Bigfarm and does not realize that the bottom 4 ranking co-ops drop down to the lower league at the end of each CC. 
    It doesn’t hurt you if you don’t play one event, just do what you want.
    My co-op likes to stay in silver league, if we do not play one event, we would fall to Bronze league.  The prizes in silver league are crappy but the prizes in bronze and rookie league are even crappier.  So as you know since you do play, it DOES hurt if we miss one event. 

Some more variety would be nice but in some ways I feel like they are trying to make this two full-time jobs for players. I am sure we all want to participate in co-op events, but I am also fairly sure we don't want to participate in co-op events ALL the time. 
    @Shay1968 (US1) I agree & I also think that some coops like to keep their trees & trophies too. At least if we are destined to always have a coop event running, it will be much better to have more than 2 of them, we definitely need some variety. :/
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    The CC runs continuously with only a 5 day break in-between.   When they first started the CCs so often they said it was co-op month (their excuse). Then the next month was the WWC (another excuse).  They do not change the frequency when there is no WWC it continues to start 5 days after the last one ends.  Their current excuse.... running multiple events so players can pick and choose ..... it is very hard to pick and choose when you are in a coop and a coop event is running unless of course the ENTIRE coop decides to pick and choose and chooses to ignore it, however in most coops, this is not the case.   Same with the CHWEs.  This is a marketing strategy, it is by no means a pick and choose option when you are in a coop. The game is setup to encourage being in a coop as well with most events geared toward coop play. 
    @Shay1968 (US1)  Here is a quote from  Dennis in the live chat that they did last December:

It doesn’t hurt you if you don’t play one event, just do what you want. And from, we have a lot of tracking data, and we can see that the most participation in the games, in the events, is where the cooperative has to work together. That’s the reason why we changed our planning like that, that we will have from last month until the future there will more events coming, there is always an event running, were the cooperative can work together. So right now it’s the Cooperative Hard Worker Event and the Cooperative Championship, running one after the other, but there are other events that come in-between – So, one thing is, next week the Goldfish Rescue, there is a single player part and a multi-player part, during that time, you won’t have the Cooperative Tournament running, so there is always options that you can play.

As you can see the plan is to always have a coop event running, because their data shows that they are popular & the reason they are so frequent is because there are only 2 coop events, but the plan is to add more & that will make each one less frequent. However, it does sound to me like the Goldfish rescue, which was about to be introduced when the chat was broadcast, was meant to be part of the rotation too, I will get that checked out tomorrow.
    And Does Dennis realize, that a very few would like to HARM their coop by NOT taking any part what so ever in the coops events? No matter how u turn it, it will harm something or someone if a coop doesnt work together, so its a naturally law, that the coops works together in events, so they should come up with something better than that.
  • I can not belive the clock is ticking AGAIN.  You don't seems to ungerstand we have had enough of a CCE every other week.  Why don't you send a survey on how often the farmers want one and do as we ask and not what you want.
  • As always, this event is a cash cow, they'd love to run it more often if they could.

The event is run as often as possible as the Payers don't seem to realise they are being fleeced in their pursuit of a virtual trophy they keep for a few weeks.

It's only years into the future the Payers may look back and question why they spent so much and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Mark
  • again   ...

HOW MANY TIMES SHOULD THE COOP CHAMPIONSHIPS BE RUN EACH MONTH?

there is no option for the many of us who would rather see coop championships less frequently then every month,
    how about adding a 6 week, 8 week, or quarterly option ?
    the way the existing poll is, you are asking us to choose out of a worst case scenerio imho

now it is every 96 hours ... really ?
    way to burn out your player base
    what happened to the poll that was closed 30.01.2018 where the majority indicated one a month or less ?
  • and ...
    GGS is a business, we get that, most businesses have a clearly defined business model,
    I have yet in all my years, seen any business model so poorly designed as to drive a business into the ground.

This is supposed to be a fun relaxing game on the internet, yet in the past year or more GGS continues to

1. endorse and condone players that continualy breach the terms and conditions set out for the game

2. repeatedly steal from its players legitimately earned farm cash, gold ( paid for with real $$), rewards, xp hours, and the list goes on, under the guise of game rebalancing . see again ggs apology just isn't good enfu 21.12.2017.

3. continues to throw broken events at us

4. has no accountability for their actions & refuses to listen to their player base who have stood by and watched GGS tank this game.

5. trying to deal with support is a futile battle, to the point where many have given up in frustration

As a long term supporter of this game, it is difficult to continue to do so.
  • aussie_mark (AU1)aussie_mark (AU1) Posts: 211
    edited 18.05.2018
    again   ...

HOW MANY TIMES SHOULD THE COOP CHAMPIONSHIPS BE RUN EACH MONTH?

there is no option for the many of us who would rather see coop championships less frequently then every month,
    how about adding a 6 week, 8 week, or quarterly option ?
    the way the existing poll is, you are asking us to choose out of a worst case scenerio imho

now it is every 96 hours ... really ?
    way to burn out your player base
    what happened to the poll that was closed 30.01.2018 where the majority indicated one a month or less ?

The poll, like all talk here is just lip service, an attempt to calm the angry mob. They could hold the event one a month, once a year if they wanted to. The don't want to of course because of the enormous funds this event generates.

The mob is vital to the game survival, they are needed in the game to give the Payers someone to beat. The mob are not the focus here, its the Payers. The Payers who spend big very time this event runs.

Unless another cash cow can been found to share the load, the event will continue to occur multiple times a month.

Mark
  • Hi guys,

Well I got an answer, sort of, things changed slightly from the plan that Dennis had, there will still always be some sort of rotation going on, but the GFR event is not included, so we currently have the CC alternating with the 3 HWE's, not just the CHWE & more things are planned to lower the CC frequency & provide alternatives. I tried to get a timeline for when something will be added, but they are not sharing - We all know how they love their surprises lol

We do keep passing on the feedback that you want less CC and the various issues caused by the current schedule & we will keep that pressure on. As the mods from most other forums are getting the same feedback from their Communities, it is a topic that is raised a lot.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    Hi guys,

Well I got an answer, sort of, things changed slightly from the plan that Dennis had, there will still always be some sort of rotation going on, but the GFR event is not included, so we currently have the CC alternating with the 3 HWE's, not just the CHWE & more things are planned to lower the CC frequency & provide alternatives......... 

This means they have no intention to lower the frequency of CCs

It also means that not only the new CC begins just 3 days after the previous one has ended, but that 1 week out of 3 we get CC - coopHWE - CC with no interruption, 12 days continuous coop competition

If they wanted to decrease the frequency of CC, as they have been asked to do since CCs were scheduled monthly, years ago, it would be very simple: just space them apart

Then there would be no need to feed us more lies (yes Wabbit they are feeding us a load of lies) and / or more excuses or even a hilarious promise to wait  for new content they will never design.  They can barely keep up with an old buggy game....

• @PCA (GB1)  There are 5 or 6 days between each CC & 4 of those days are taken up with one of the 3 hard worker events. I don`t think that they are lying, it just seems that way because things are so slow to appear, even after they have said they are on their way. -  the different team members do work on different things at the same time, for example the game designers & artists don`t have much to do with bug fixing & can be working on new content, but there are some members that are needed for everything, so its quite possible they do have new events almost ready, but the server guys are backed up with other things ... like bug fixing or fixing the stuff broken by the last fix  :/
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

I beg to differ @WascallyWabbit

There have been plenty times we had CC 4 times in 1 month, once a week, and being the duration of CC 96 hours, the following CC starts only 3 days after the previous one has ended

At times the 4 CC in a month are not spaced evenly, like during this month, but in general you can count only 7 - 9 days from the beginning of 1 CC to the beginning of the following one.  This once again means that once a CC ends, we can expect the following one to start between 3 and 5 days later

This month (May) is one such month during which GGS has planned 4 CCs (even tho the first started on April 30th), 2 already finished, the third one ongoing and the 4th one  planned for the last week of May, it will end June 1st (one day too late for WWC points of course)

From April 30 to June 1st we have 32 days 16 of which are actively used for CC, which means that half of our playing time if pestered with CC  

------------------------

I also beg to differ on the company so called strategy, they are indeed feeding us lies, when not lies they patch together some excuses, and have been doing so for years: and from the moment CC was introduced until now (more than 3 years later) they have slowly but continuously operated adjustments to

1 - reduce the interval between CCs
    2 - increase the points needed to reach the various Hard worker rewards  
    3 - increase the cost of personal and coop boosters 
    4 - reduce the value of the rewards and drastically reduce to near zero (soon to be zero) the possibility to win gold based rewards 

Many of these changes were not even announced, and only every now and again, when people got furious, we get the usual CM on forum with a big fat  ooopppsss  sorry folk, we'll see what we can do

These aren't mistakes, this is the way GGS wants to go and is going, GGS wants players to click endlessly, no thinking, no strategy, just click and make sure you read all the ads ......  social game ? what social game ? Shut up and click  

• WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 20.05.2018
    @PCA (GB1) We will have to agree to disagree on the number of days between them, there has to be at least 4 or the HWE's wouldn`t fit & even during the last WWC I remember wondering why they left 4 days for the FHWE when they had cut that to only 3 days, but there was a free day in there (they must have been spoiling us lol) - You can see on the current calendar there are 5 or 6 at the moment, but as the countdown timer appears a couple of days before the event, it does feel like it is always either here or on its way :/ 

Aside from the "lies" part, I pretty much agree with the rest of your post. As Dennis said, their tracking data shows the increase in play for coop events, so I can see why they add more, but, in my opinion the numbers don`t tell the full story, I personally think people would play more & probably spend more, if it was something more fun.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I feel as if the team expects us to farm around the clock 7 days a week.  They say we do not have to participate in ALL the events but when they are co-op events we must.  The team knows what a co-op is all about; it is about participation.  You do not participate, you get booted. More and more players are walking away from the game because it has become a chore.  We are too over-whelmed with CCs and CHWEs, it is becoming too repetitious and boring, as well as a major strain on personal/family/work life because of the way they currently have them set up. 

The CCs use to be fun and exciting because we had something to look forward to; the CCs are no longer something to look forward to because they are ALWAYS there.  
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I agree with all negative thoughts on views on the CC......but i'd like to add another gripe I have with this event and with GGS. We have heard a number of excuses from them in regards to the removal of rep point boosting kites and of course the recent double XP and their reason for this was "because it is ruining the fairness/economy of the game". You look at this statement then have a think about it and you can see their side of it to a degree.......UNTIL the CC WOF and Shinkei event shows up every single CC! How is the fact players can buy rep points for wheel AND earn millions of rep points for high finish in Shinkei event suddenly fair to the economy of the game? Please tell me the difference (apart from the obvious what makes GGS money is suddenly fair).
  • I am someone that loves the cc - the teamwork, clicking frenzy, and yes the competition, but have to say that yes it is too frequent, especially when immediately followed by a chwe.  There is no time to improve our farms, make more special seeds etc.  A once a month event would be so much better - not only for the players, but also for the GGS teams who could then spend more time fixing the constant bugs and glitches we experience, and getting new stuff ready and have time to test it first.  It cant be any fun for them to send something out that we complain about, and rightly so if it doesn't work or has bugs.

As for it being easier for gold players - of course it will be!  GGS need to create an income - their staff wouldn't work for free, so those that buy gold effectively keep the game going.  Some probably spend way too much on gaining that victory - but its their choice - and without them the game would either not be here at all, or would be littered with 3rd party adverts, which personally I'd find intolerable.  If I'm in a mission where its obvious I cant keep up (eg 100,000 eggs being collected) rather than waste my gold I'll shelve and move on to a different mission that maybe I can win.  And yes, I do buy gold, but in moderation and I'll use it to skip waiting times on upgrades mainly, but I'd be lying to say I'd never used it in a mission - I have, but not loads of it to win at any cost.

The new rewards are poor - we all know that and GGS are supposedly going to look into it - going back to my first point, less cc's and other events, like bees, goldfish, pigs, or whatever could mean the teams have more time to sort poor rewards out too.  

I doubt it will change in the near future, if at all, but the more people that ask, I guess there is more chance it will be listened to.

• sueraney (US1)sueraney (US1) US1 Posts: 104
     A once a month event would be so much better ----VERY WELL SAID AMAZINGMURPHY!!!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Even less would be better. When they were quarterly, the event was eagerly anticipated and planned for. Then they went to every 6 weeks or so, then monthly. People screamed and complained when they monthly, I can assure you. Now it would seem like a vacation.
Sign In to comment.