Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Gold Lock & Other Suggestions to Prevent Accidental Gold Spending ☯️

Comments

• On the topic of gold locks and other suggestions to prevent accidental gold spending

We would like GGS to address the issue of boosters

Why is it that there is no activity line in chat and or other safeguards in place to prevent the “accidental / intentional” use of coop resources ?

Farm dollars are one thing, gold however is real US dollars, yet GGS thinks that pellets to the village are more important to track ?

Our coop has now twice had all resources depleted by such action, boosters that were maxed out, deleted, repeat until nothing was left in the coop accounts.

GGS has been aware that this is an ongoing concern and have to date done nothing to prevent such abuse, the suggestion to limit deputies during booster exposure is not a solution.

On behalf of Clearly Chillin coop, we are asking GGS to please address this issue … again.

Thank you  : )

• edited 10.04.2018
    makes sense, no one can afford to lose gold
  • SueB2 (US1)SueB2 (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    It is very very annoying to "waste" gold .. the first time I did I upgraded my mine (a fortune in gold) and the most recent time I bought a stupid deco from the pop up because I guess I clicked  waiting to get the game to load. So yes, please, some type of gold lock would make a LOT of players much happier. When I waste it like this I don't buy more .. I go without .. 
  • I totally agree

all activity regarding the co- op should be showing up in chat like all the other activity.'

when co op boosters are started

when village upgrades are started

these are crucial and should be showing up in chat

• On the topic of gold locks and other suggestions to prevent accidental gold spending

Why is it that there is no activity line in chat and or other safeguards in place to prevent the “accidental / intentional” use of coop resources ?

Farm dollars are one thing, gold however is real US dollars, yet GGS thinks that pellets to the village are more important to track ?

Our coop has now twice had all resources depleted by such action, boosters that were maxed out, deleted, repeat until nothing was left in the coop accounts.

GGS has been aware that this is an ongoing concern and have to date done nothing to prevent such abuse, the suggestion to limit deputies during booster exposure is not a solution.

On behalf of Clearly Chillin coop, we are asking GGS to please address this issue … again.

GGS snickers every time someone posts in this thread, welly. Any way to juke players, and now co-ops, out of their gold is a good thang in their opinion. It is part of their business model. Truly disgusting that a business would resort to trickery to squeeze money out of their loyal customers' pockets but it has been that way since day one at GGS.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994

On the topic of gold locks and other suggestions to prevent accidental gold spending

By the sounds of your post. The co op leader needs to address this issue with the members and set up some rules to help prevent this from happening with in your co op in the future. As much as I hate to admit it there are some players who like to sabotage other co ops :(
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

On the topic of gold locks and other suggestions to prevent accidental gold spending

By the sounds of your post. The co op leader needs to address this issue with the members and set up some rules to help prevent this from happening with in your co op in the future. As much as I hate to admit it there are some players who like to sabotage other co ops :(
    Rules don't really help because a coop leader cannot reach out and "make" people do anything they don't want to do. Nor can they prevent accidents. Sure, you can boot a non-complying member out after the fact, but by then, the damage has been done. Controls need to be real and under the care of the leader.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993

Rules don't really help because a coop leader cannot reach out and "make" people do anything they don't want to do. Nor can they prevent accidents. Sure, you can boot a non-complying member out after the fact, but by then, the damage has been done. Controls need to be real and under the care of the leader.
    Only give deputy rights to players that makes big decisions wisely such as spending cooperative gold.  
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 21.04.2018

I accidentally clicked on the info button, less than 1 cm away from losing 4500 gold.  
    Need a gold lock before any accidental spending happens.  
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I started typing a reply to someone posting about losing gold.   But before I could even post it got shut down.

First I can understand why mods closed it.  NEVER EVER EVER post in a forum to boycott.  
    This is GOOD GAMES forum.  It stands to reason anyone posting boycott suggestions would hurt their business.  Bad bad idea.
    It's a sure bet that will get shut down.  I won't ever do that.  Simply put, if I want to boycott something, I'll just stop coming here.  It's not up to me to get anyone else to join.  

So that being said.... the issue of accidentally losing gold and getting the usual reply from support of
    Too bad, so sad, we can't replace it, be  more careful....  THIS is the reason that I PERSONALLY have stopped spending anything on this game years ago.   I did when I first signed up.  All three farm water towers were bought with my credit card gold purchases.   But with NUMEROUS times and ways to drop gold unintentionally, and the so sorry reply, forget it.  I will be more careful.  I HAVE put the CC away.
    Oh I still lose gold but it's all gold the game dribbled out to me so no real monetary loss to me at all.

So lets see so far.... clicked on the wrong spot trying to see how long an updating house would take, only I pushed it with gold

My mill is close to a field, missed the field, pushed the mill.

Don't know how many times this one has happened, those STUPID pop in the middle of the game things popped up RIGHT as I'm trying to farm.  The latest was just this last CC.   I don't know what I bought, but it was over 200 gold gone.  Probably some piece of decor I already have.  

The decor lady, what ever her name... I THOUGHT I was clicking away improving something with parts but no.
    By default she is set to use gold.  Blew about 20,000 before I caught it JUST in time to barely have enough for the next blue mine cert.   Slowly rebuilding my stash but wow.  A few coop championships went by without me pushing anything.  

The list goes on and on.   GG does not care.  I think they LIKE it when they can shake our pockets.
    And it's really stupid.  If our money spent could be kept safe, more people, me included might be more inclined to spend a few bucks here and there.  Just a few bucks.  This is entertainment and I spend more going to see a movie. But world wide?  Those few buck here and there spenders would add up fast.  Instead, I'm sure there are more than a few more like me who have already stopped.   

To be clear here, I am NOT trying to tell people not to spend.  If you have it, and enjoy this, spend away.
    I AM trying to kick a dead horse into life by posting this all again.   

GG!   YOU NEED A GOLD LOCK!
    Their argument against it has always been this...
    People don't want the delay of a pop up saying "are you sure."  

Once again... my idea solves their claim of a delay of play.
    An OPTIONAL lock that a player must click closed manually.
    By default this would be UNlocked so NOTHING CHANGES HERE.  Those who want to click click click push push push without delay can.
    BUT....
    Those like me who want to keep my gold safe until I DECIDE to spend it, can log in, click the lock THEN anything I click on that needs gold would put a pop up saying...
    "your gold is locked, click here to unlock it."   ONE POP UP.   That unlocks the gold until I choose to lock it up again.  

Why is this so difficult?   Why is this so hard for admins here to understand.
    YOU ARE LOSING MONEY BY SHAKING PEOPLES POCKETS TO THE POINT WHERE PLAYERS FLAT OUT REFUSE TO SPEND HERE AGAIN!

• Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    I'll believe it when I see it, and then maybe spend some money  , down to you GGS .....
  • sandiroberts (US1)sandiroberts (US1) Posts: 47
    edited 14.05.2018
    I guess my frustration lies in the fact that is cost them nothing to fix it.  NOTHING!  And they won't do it, I have been playing the game for over three years and I buy gold regularly, and I have complained when I lost gold, but usually it was a very small and I threaten not to buy gold in hopes that they would return it but they never do.  I mean, they reply and look up the loss...how hard would it be to put back the gold.  It's like they want it to happen, and that is dishonest and rude.  

My problem is I have a large coop a friend and I started a long time ago, and enjoy my farming family.  I love the game, but I buy gold when I can, and try not to spend it so when I want to update something I have it, or help out in the CC, or buy sparkles for our farms.  

To be honest, it was that....we understand, and we are so sorry, but nothing we can do, that is really upsetting me.      
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    And "soon" has already been with 2 months of wait for that. While other things have been soooner. So how much longer is "soon" for u?
    It's been more than 2 months of people asking for something.   I don't think it's going to happen.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    edited 16.05.2018
    The game stopped for few seconds in that time cc coins came and don't know I bought 6500 gold coins ********** who is responsible for this ****** of course I am right ggs

Edited:  please watch your language | Pickle

Only give deputy rights to players that makes big decisions wisely such as spending cooperative gold.  
    Well, by leaders, I meant their designated deputies as well. Leaders ought to be able to have check boxes of which powers they also want their deputies to have. It can vary from case to case. But right now, it's a free-for-all with players being able to mess things up.
    It's been more than 2 months of people asking for something.   I don't think it's going to happen.
    YArtmaker (GB1) said:
    This thread is as useful as the last one we are going to give info feedback info feedback and then one man came and said thanks for the feedback now the disscusion is closed keep us alive from your ideas happy farming lol
    We don't want this thing we want ans and I can't except any
    Well now doesn't this just beat all.

One of the mods here sent me a message my latest thread about this has been merged to this one.

Looking at the first post.... started copy; 4.04.2013

So.... I shot a note right back.   Merging all the many threads about this same thing into one huge one started YEARS AGO is different from shoving dirt under the carpet how?????

People, it's obvious to me GoodGame has NO INTENTION of fixing this issue.  They like shaking pockets.
    So put money into this at your own risk.  
    I wonder how many like me just decided not to ride this ride with ANY money in my pockets.   So maybe their lack of honesty here is a good thing.    At least for me.  Money I'm not blowing on this silly game.  
    Good for me!    I flat out will NOT pay a dishonest company.   Happily taking money any time we slip and click the wrong thing is dishonest.    And so very stupid.  Sure they can count how much they ARE making with this nonsense.   But they will never see what they are losing.  

Pffft.  Shoved under the carpet I guess.   Fine.   I play free.

• Well now doesn't this just beat all.

One of the mods here sent me a message my latest thread about this has been merged to this one.

Looking at the first post.... started copy; 4.04.2013

So.... I shot a note right back.   Merging all the many threads about this same thing into one huge one started YEARS AGO is different from shoving dirt under the carpet how?????

People, it's obvious to me GoodGame has NO INTENTION of fixing this issue.  They like shaking pockets.
    So put money into this at your own risk.  
    I wonder how many like me just decided not to ride this ride with ANY money in my pockets.   So maybe their lack of honesty here is a good thing.    At least for me.  Money I'm not blowing on this silly game.  
    Good for me!    I flat out will NOT pay a dishonest company.   Happily taking money any time we slip and click the wrong thing is dishonest.    And so very stupid.  Sure they can count how much they ARE making with this nonsense.   But they will never see what they are losing.  

Pffft.  Shoved under the carpet I guess.   Fine.   I play free.

@Artmaker (GB1) Your post was merged here because it is a suggestion for a gold lock & this is the suggestion thread for a gold lock, its no big conspiracy, just common sense. This thread is also marked as having been responded to by the team & in this case the response was that the suggestion has been accepted & a gold lock is due to be added to the game, so starting a new thread saying that GGS will never add a gold lock, does seem to be a bit moot. Hopefully we will see something in game soon. :)
    Wascally, yes.  "Hopefully we will see something in game soon."  
    I've been "hoping" for that for years now.   Ever since the very first time I contacted support after accidentally clicking something and getting the usual "be more careful we cannot replace it" reply.
    How many YEARS do we need to all hope for this?  

Sorry but all hope is lost.   This is what it is.  Free as long as you all are in business.  And if this game vanishes tomorrow, so be it.
    (there seems to be no shortage of gold spenders.  Fine with me.)
  • Wascally, yes.  "Hopefully we will see something in game soon."  
    I've been "hoping" for that for years now.   Ever since the very first time I contacted support after accidentally clicking something and getting the usual "be more careful we cannot replace it" reply.
    How many YEARS do we need to all hope for this?  

Sorry but all hope is lost.   This is what it is.  Free as long as you all are in business.  And if this game vanishes tomorrow, so be it.
    (there seems to be no shortage of gold spenders.  Fine with me.)
    @Artmaker (GB1) As you pointed out, this thread was started in 2013, so we are aware how long it has been wanted, but the difference now is that they have finally agreed to add something & we are looking forward to finally closing this thread. :)
  • rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    I've said it before, i'm going to say it again, i'm so not in favor of a gold lock. I'm in favor of a gold bank where you can allocate how ever much gold you want to spend. BUT to have a popup everytime i push something is just going to be time consuming and annoying especially during missions.  Put a lock on the popups don't put a lock on every darn thing we push with gold its going to cause big problems.  I've been told that there is something like a gold bank on the mobile version that works wonders.  Please, put this in place instead.  Just like the rest of you I have accidentally spent gold and I know just how frustrating it is. But adding another annoying popup to this game is not the answer. 
    I've played games when a simple confirmation is asked for before spending "gold." It's really not a problem.  And players can opt out of this feature. "Don't ask again," like Greta uses works well.

They ask us eleventy billion times if we really want to close that event before buying a deco, and Greta asks if we really want to demo that deco. Tiny little accidents add up to significant amounts.

If players can opt out, it shouldn't be a problem. What is a problem is that a substantial number of players won't buy gold until a gold lock/confirmation is in place. That could lead to the end of the game if that continues.

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i would have to agree with rie22 unless they did the gold lock like they do on the mobile game were you can enter a gold amount a simple gold lock will not work i do not want to hit a confirm button 20 times in a row because i am trying to speed stuff up for a mission not to count the seconds i am wasting by clicking the pop ups but at the same time i should not be punished for wanting to speed stuff up and that is what it would feel like if there was a simple yes or no gold lock so yes i dont mind if i acdently speed something up for 100 gold but i do mind loosing the 2k i lost because of a mistake so the only way to make a gold lock fair for everyone is to have it like the mobile and have a gold spend amount that way you can have it set at 0 and i can have it set at 200
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 23.05.2018
    I've said it before, i'm going to say it again, i'm so not in favor of a gold lock. I'm in favor of a gold bank where you can allocate how ever much gold you want to spend. BUT to have a popup everytime i push something is just going to be time consuming and annoying especially during missions.  Put a lock on the popups don't put a lock on every darn thing we push with gold its going to cause big problems.  I've been told that there is something like a gold bank on the mobile version that works wonders.  Please, put this in place instead.  Just like the rest of you I have accidentally spent gold and I know just how frustrating it is. But adding another annoying popup to this game is not the answer. 
    I don't want a pop-up every time either....But a gold lock is an optional feature, up to each player to decide if they want to use or not.  If you don't want to use the gold lock feature, you do nothing different, it would be just as it is today for you. Those of us that choose to lock our gold could set it up to do so. It would work like turning off the sound if you choose it in your settings.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i understand that but that would do me no good cause i could not play with it on and my gold would not be safe from big losses just because i dont want to click a lot of pop ups does not mean i should not be able to be protected too
    It was in consideration but many things came but not this button I was almost again lose almost 28k d just thinking about that gives me a goosebumps do something that a player need 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Sure wish this would be included sooner than later  o:)
  • It might be worth mentioning to your coop members, another potential accidental gold, spend if you are rushing or not concentrating.

The first naming of a boat in the Deep sea fishing area is free, any subsequent renaming costs 2000 gold, Its not a miss click, but not looking when rushing, worth avoiding non the less.
This discussion has been closed.