Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

HTML5 Feedback - SKN1, LT1, HU1, AU1, IN1, INT1, EN1, NL1

Comments

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Finally got the banner on my international farm.

IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!!

First, I use an old version of safari.  6.2.8
    It's as updated as I can get with my OS.  (Which I have good reason to NOT update.  Apple!!!!)
    All I get is a blue screen when I try to switch.   And clicking on more info only gives me the "safari cannot make secure connection."   I am aware my browser is dated.  I get this more and more often now.
    I HATE using firfox (which by the way your forums only work in now.)  It's sluggish and certain things just do not work at all.

Problem is when I tried with firefox, I cannot log in at all.   "user name is already taken." YEA BY ME!!!!!
    Tried logging into all three of my farms with firefox and I get that same message.  I even tried disabling my adblocker, it made no difference.

I will NEVER be installing a google product onto my computer so forget telling me to use Chrome.  Not going to happen.

Seems I may be "upgraded" right off of this game.  Unless your techs can figure this out.
  • funambuleke (FR1)funambuleke (FR1) FR1 Posts: 11,845
    edited 16.05.2018
    Hi,

First feedback for HTLM5 on my account Int1
    Everything written is very difficult to read because the writing is too pale

Pity for my tired eyes please ...

Edit : a little problem here : who stole my factories ?  

Edit2 : some invisible ghosts here too

Sorry, it's impossible to play in such conditions and I go back to flash...

Post edited by funambuleke (FR1) on
  • SRH (INT1)SRH (INT1) INT1 Posts: 35
    just got the try out banner on m my screen. tried to open the HTML5 version, waited about 3 minutes for it to load.
    got fed up waiting and switched back to flash.
    are we guinea pigs and lab rats now?

• samy91 (DE1)samy91 (DE1) DE1 Posts: 131
    I play from Germany
    I tested the Edge with HTML very bad
    but with the Opera I can play better he charges faster
    only the graphic is better :)
  • I use Chrome and the result for HTML5 is very long to get into the farm !!!!

• Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    edited 16.05.2018
    Can't enter the farm using Chrome and Firefox. Worked on Puffin PC Beta
    Post edited by Surya54 (INT1) on
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    There is a tread about the html testing.

shift clickling? I never have heard of that? I just click on the icons - never used shift before.
    that's for the ship yard.  Holding down shift lets you just click the stuff you want to load up a boat with rather than drag each thing over.

What would be nice is if we could select ALL the ships we want to send to a given pool and load them all at the same time.    Too much of a clickity click fest here.  That one is a pain.  Mine usually go out with nothing.
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Almost 6 hours since the update, and NOTHING from the mods..... I am still curious on how on earth I am going to full up my ship 

But on the positive hand - it seems that i candy farm works again.
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    edited 16.05.2018
    @Tinzen (SKN1)

You do not have to play in HTML5. You still have a choice  :)

Just change your game back to the Flash version if you are having such difficulties that you cannot farm successfully.

• Just hit my Int server today. EXTREMELY slow and unresponsive on Win 10 / Edge browser. Will check it on chrome later today
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 18.05.2018
    I wanted to check the html5, so opened an account in AU to test. From what I can see both versions look rather similar in my browser (latest version of Chrome; also tried in latest Firefox, both in linux ubuntu OS). One thing that I notice is that the quality/picture definition in html5 seems to be the same no matter the settings selected (high, medium, low), which equals pretty much in any case low quality in flash. I always play in low quality since I note the speed up and lower cpu usage, which I like as I'm using/running other things all time in my pc. So the quality issues that other player mention could be related to this fact.

I have only observed the following minor issues so far (before I run out of money, lol, back to wf):

A small issue in the tutorial is that when the background shadows only part of the image is in shadow and the other bright (not only the intended ellipsoid).

There is some weird stuff in the fishing minigame... For example, the lower lip of the tuna rotates in the opposite direction which looks very weird. After catching the fish they keep floating in the sky for a while... against gravity rules, lol. Bass and carp face animations are frozen (and all moving forward movement also) until they change direction.

The level numbers in the deco tower are not centered and when you scroll through the levels you can see them changing position constantly depending if you're scrolling (numbers centered) or not (numbers slightly up towards the left).

Edits (unless indicated otherwise all those things mentioned here work well in flash version):
    I tried to sell some item (for any it is the same) and highlighted the number and deleted. In flash it defaults to 1. Here it defaults to NaN... Same for buying.

Joined a coop. List of members in large chat window goes pass the space allocated to show them (2 more members than it should have). Arrows do work, but do not correct this (last arrow doesn't make the last member to fit in the allocated area).

Last sowed doesn't seem to work for edge plants.

Buttons for edge plants are not grayed out even though I do not have enough village dollars. No info about this, like in Oleg produce buttons. You keep clicking and clicking and nothing happens, leaving you wondering why it is not working... until you realize you have no cash or the pop up info appears (which doesn't appear if you clicked too fast, unless you leave the button area and come back).
    Buttons for normal seeds are not grayed out either. Funnily the wheat button gray out after I insisted a while (clicking and hoovering). Not the others (I donated all my little cash, so I could not plant anything but wf). It un-grayed out after I changed the page...

Timer for village production items doesn't seem to work: only updates when you hoover over it. It didn't upgrade to the green/ready until I hoovered over. And it didn't change from the green/ready until I hoovered over once more... 

Numbers from drops/harvests/etc seem to be missing the white contour that they have in flash (actually not missing it is just too thin). Is this intended? Since I don't know what is intended or not I will report differences I observe. They are definitely more visible with the thicker white surrounding.

Chat window: my name and all other players names appear in green... so all player names in green...

I started logged into the game in html5 (created an account there as a matter of fact) and loading went well. I tested switching to flash to compare some things and then tried back to html5 and the game is stuck in an infinite? loading loop. Same than some other player has posted few posts above this one. (This issue is only in Chrome; the rest in both browsers)
    Post edited by mia111 (GB1) on
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    RowdyRac said:
    @Tinzen (SKN1)

You do not have to play in HTML5. You still have a choice  :)

Just change your game back to the Flash version if you are having such difficulties that you cannot farm successfully.

I know that I dont have to - but I choose to :)
  • Mee8 (AU1)Mee8 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 213
    edited 17.05.2018
    Mine seems fine at the moment, I am using google chrome, I usually use Safari but the game will not load on the safari  browser maybe its out of date? 
    Post edited by Mee8 (AU1) on
    Mine seems fine at the moment, I am using google chrome, I usually use Safari but it will not load on this browser maybe its out of date? 
    Everything on the game has disappeared it played fine for about an hour then the curser changed and then everything disappeared. So gone back to Flash. Will try again later.
  • Jenni 1 (AU1)Jenni 1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    I tried to load the HTML5 version firstly on Chrome then with Opera and both times just got a blue screen with spinning circle - wouldn't go any further
    Mine seems fine at the moment, I am using google chrome, I usually use Safari but it will not load on this browser maybe its out of date? 
    Everything on the game has disappeared it played fine for about an hour then the curser changed and then everything disappeared. So gone back to Flash. Will try again later.
    I have tried again with google chrome but it won't load at all now all I get is a blue screen, Tried again with safari I get a blue screen then a big farm screen trying to load, but it wont load.So gone back to flash.
  • aussie_mark (AU1)aussie_mark (AU1) Posts: 211
    edited 18.05.2018
    Tried it and as reported by others. graphics dont seems as smooth and shift loading of boats not working

Surprised these issues weren't fixed when using HTML5 on the test server.

Edit:  HTML5 was never used on the test server. Thank you for your feedback confirming the problems reported by others ||  Rowdy

Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • So far i am liking the HTML5 version. A couple things should be done ASAP to make it a bit less annoying.
    1. Shift-Click to fill boats should be restored because the overall operation takes a long time and burns out people.
    2. The fonts used for the amounts harvested (and fonts overall) must match the old ones as the new ones are a bit fine and not well read.
    3. The highlight of fields on mouse over is distracting and should be removed or made more transparent.
    4. The mouse over on harvested goods (those icons) take a second to respond and it is entirely possible to mouse over so quickly that the items remain on screen. They should react instantly and not remain on screen when you pass the mouse over them.

Thanks for the good work, will inform on more issues or bugs.

Cheers,
    Andro
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    There is definitely some font issues in html5. Some fonts seem ok and similar to those in flash. Others way too thin/small. See example below:

You can see that the countdown timer for the blue bag and the clock are almost "invisible" in html5. The others are more or less ok, similar to flash. They do feel slightly blurrier/grayer in html5 than in flash. It would be great if that could be corrected. I tested again both browsers, latest firefox and latest chome, OS linux Ubuntu.

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    How to move next I don't know some one who is playing this please let me know
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    You are in the right spot.  The game seems to be hanging up.  You can try reloading the page (F5).  If it does not load after a few tries I would suggest a different browser.
  • not liking poor fonts, hard to see. Definitely better on chrome than any other browser. If switching back to flash, close and reopen your browser, otherwise I get a lot of brief blacking outs. 
    Not really impressed though. I'll stay with flash until most of the bugs are worked through.
  • If reloading the page does not work then go back to using the flash player for now. HTML5 is very slow at loading.
  • Bufo (AU1)Bufo (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    The village pond is not showing in the Current village activities pane of the village Warehouse.

I am using the Opera browser.

html5 version:

flash version:

Horse challenge discipline reverting to Show jumping after each challenge.

Browser: Opera

Before:

After:

Horse training slider not incrementing in multiples of 20 horseshoes.

Browser: Opera

html5:

flash:

• Ticon (GB1)Ticon (GB1) Posts: 12
    edited 23.05.2018
    Browser: Google Chrome Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Windows Edition: Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1

Like others have already stated, text really fuzzy and to me seemed smaller. Regardless, for me trying to read it was headache inducing so didn't linger long before switching back. It's like trying to see something without my glasses on. Definitely is a killer for me at the moment. Don't want to have to live on Tylenol to play.

With that said, outside of the text, game itself looked decent. Wasn't on there long enough to look for bugs.

Edit: After taking another look at Mia111's post above - obviously the blue bag and timer have size issues, however, looking at the other numbers, for instance, the 10,395 green farm dollars, the html version and flash version don't look much different except for flash being darker, making it easier to read. Any way you can make the html text a darker black?
  • Hi Guys,

Make room, EN1 & NL1 will be joining you all today! :)
  • Jacc (GB1)Jacc (GB1) GB1 Posts: 89
    Not a bug but a nuisance. When trying to use the slider for horse training the amounts are not in the plus and minus increments and it shows odd amounts
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    also when trying to use sliders to donate to contracts the numbers don't change until you let go of the slider. Difficult to donate less than a barn full  :¬(
This discussion has been closed.